Sydney

Usual Suspects pres. Morgan Page - Sat May 19th

Tools
usualsuspectsblog +

Times thanked
<
Usual Suspects pres. Morgan Page - Sat May 19th
With Morgan Page launching his new album 'In The Air' and touring Australia, we are super excited to have him come and visit our club. His album was the number 1 album release on beatport, and number 2 album release on iTunes, the album is huge! He is already doing his America tour, in which he is performing at the legendary Coachella Music Festival, along side many other great artists.

So if you are a fan of big room house anthems, come down to The Usual Suspects and see an absolute master of genre.
muse +

Times thanked
<
Big Room House. Sign me up
special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,017 Times in 1,441 Posts
sorry morgs, your rental application was unsuccessful at this time.
I can offer you a small studio apartment for the same price
soundcloud
mixcloud
wilsonrob +

I am not bored

Times thanked
<
side room house
"...and I know that I haven't always been an easy guy to get on with. And I know that given the choice I probably wouldn't have chosen you as friends but I just wanna say that over the years I've come to regard you as........ people I met."
- Arnold Rimmer, Red Dwarf.
Benny and the jets +

Habitual Line-Stepper

Times thanked
<
Media Player

Mouse infested house
turkman +

khlav kalash

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,440 Times in 657 Posts
Will he really be playing suspended in the air?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mashedman

if you stroke your chin hard enough i heard a genie comes out and gives you 3 track ids

special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
<
no thats prince you're thinking of.
easy mistake
soundcloud
mixcloud
Wowk +

Has got special powers and he's got lots of friends

Times thanked
<
I'd like to know how he went from making this:

Media Player

To this:

Media Player

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyentist

More than 23 Australians like techno (and I can prove it)...
http://soundcloud.com/groups/techno-fans-australia

Oli-G +

Registered Abuser

Times thanked
<
For sure Wowk. I have a few of his early Eps and they are great. He has stuff on Nordic tracks, Magnafied, Bedrock, SAW & other nice labels.

Pitty I cant find 'take me back' on youtube. It's such an amazing tune.
usualsuspectsblog +

Times thanked
<
Morgan Page Interview
MORGAN PAGE – The Usual Suspects, SYDNEY
--
In the lead up to Morgan Page playing at The Usual Suspects at SOHO this Saturday, we caught up with him for some Q & A. Have a read.

US: You have over 130 remixes to your name, which is massive for anyone, do you have a personal favourite from them?

Morgan: I think it's almost over 200 now! I'm losing track.. my personal favorites are my remixes of Florence & The Machine, Meiko, The Outfield, Regina Spektor, and Madonna.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0RBWQEBffvY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

US: Your track “Fight For You” is easily one of your biggest, how long did you spend working on it?

Morgan: Probably around three weeks. Every song is different, but with vocals it always takes longer.

US: Who was your biggest inspiration when first starting up in producing?

Morgan: Daft Punk

US: With the recent release of your album “In The Air” do you have any big plans in the near future?

Morgan: The next step is playing a ton of summer festivals, and supporting the album. I've already started work on the next release.

US: Your single “Body Work” has already received over 30¹000 plays, what was the main inspiration behind this track?

Morgan: The main inspiration is the 80s. I found this synth patch - I think it was the same one used for Fight For You that just has this euphoric 80s vibe, and I love that kind of emotion. Tegan & Sara wrote some great lyrics and laid down these perfect harmonies, and the song was born.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QHe1PvKALaY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

US: The In The Air tour is looking absolutely massive and packed with big gigs, including Coachella, do you get much down time?

Morgan: I get a couple days a week to relax and hang out at my house. The rest of the time is in the studio or doing my radio show, which is on Sirius/XM satellite radio and syndicated to a bunch of countries.

US: Having never been to Australia before, what are you most looking forward to whilst being over here?

Morgan: I had one tour a few years back, which was great - but it's a been a while! I'm looking forward to being back and hopefully seeing some of the wildlife.

US: What is your ideal setting for performing? Do you prefer an intimate club style or the big festival arena?

Morgan: I really like both but if I had to pick one, it would be clubs. I like having the time to play more music, whereas a festival set is over before you know it.

US: What would you say was your first big break in the dance music industry?

Morgan: The real tipping point came when Deadmau5 remixed "The Longest Road." That changed everything

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/shBKTA3QIok" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

US: If you could have any amount of money, to buy ONE item, what would you buy?

Morgan: I would buy an entire canyon in L.A. or a tropical island.

Love,

Suspects x
special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
<
does not need its own thread.
merged
soundcloud
mixcloud

« Previous Thread Next Thread »