The DJ Booth

for those interested in buying a cdj 1000 mk3

Tools
SubbyBoy +

Times thanked
<
for those interested in buying a cdj 1000 mk3
hey guys...just came across this while i was doing my research..

it seems that djcity in melbourne is doing the cdj's for 1299 a pop....just a heads up...

plus delivery is about 20 bucks i think...still cheaper than most of the places that i have seen...

can dj warehouse match that price??? djcity is a genuine pioneer dealer as well..checked it out from their website....
spewingupknives - Is the other cdj used for putting two songs together?

KuRuPTeD - No thats the flux capacitators job.

The CDJ's are used to get it to 88mph.

spewingupknives - .....i cant find any of this simple information anywhere!!
NewjackThe2nd +

can't wait to finish the new ecdm-digital.net site :)

Times thanked
<
the only way others will price match them is if they are a pioneer seller like you said. if they claim on there site to match them or beat them then i guess they have to or shit should hit the fan

so much for the big scare tacktics from Lights Sounds before Xmas telling everyone they were increasing the price by $4-600 per item.. i new that was a big load of horse shit. i noticed they are still selling them for $1419 also and thats the price i got it for.. my first was $1850 and when you think about it, thats kinda sad products can go down in price like that.

now when someone wants to sell a second hand mk3 (not me, but others) they have to take less then half what they paid if they really wanna sell it.. oh well. shit happens
http://commercialclubking.blogspot.com 850,000 Views 202 Countries Visit Daily 360,000 Unique Visitors. 3615 views in 24hrs Record
http://twitter.com/#!/ecdm_digital
SubbyBoy +

Times thanked
<
well newjack, somehow it seems that it has been the pricing strategy that pioneer has followed since the first cdj....

introduce a new cdj... keep prices high by restricting supply.... then over time, decrease price by 5 - 10% margins...till you reach the 1200 dollar mark...then bam! introduce next cdj....

i have seen it happening with the mk1 mk2 and mk3's....which is why my guess is that a mk4 is probably on its way by 3rd quarter 2010 or begining 2011...

i had the mk1 and the mk2 and saw the exact same trend...

it's just pioneer jacking up the prices artificially...really..

NewjackThe2nd +

Times thanked
<
thing is. Pioneer from what i heard in a thread on here informed Lights Sounds Brisbane the cost will increase $4-600 per CDJ MK3 1000

no shit.. thats what grug said on here

i understand what your saying too man.. It works similar way to the Computer market. spare parts etc..

its only recently the Techics 1200 RRP has dropped. in over 10-15 years i think
http://commercialclubking.blogspot.com 850,000 Views 202 Countries Visit Daily 360,000 Unique Visitors. 3615 views in 24hrs Record
manuka +

is a code monkey

Times thanked
<
xbox is the same - they've dropped heaps since the first release....
NewjackThe2nd +

Times thanked
<
yeah i know. normally you would think that after a product has dropped in price it wouldnt rise again of up to 30-40% increase of the standard price everywhere.. thats what Lightsounds more or less told some people about the pioneer range. i guess they may have been told that from Pioneer, but from stuff i know about the store's practices in the past it seems like business as usual
manuka +

is a code monkey

Times thanked
<
yeh, but petrol dropped price and now it's going up again
and interest rates are at the lowest since 45 years ago!

so, you just can't really tell what's going to happen these days

but there are more than a few cowboys in the dj hardware industry... that's one thing we can count on!
Jumpy1 +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewjackThe2nd

yeah i know. normally you would think that after a product has dropped in price it wouldnt rise again of up to 30-40% increase of the standard price everywhere.. thats what Lightsounds more or less told some people about the pioneer range. i guess they may have been told that from Pioneer, but from stuff i know about the store's practices in the past it seems like business as usual

LOL mate, watch the news much? Aussie dollar went to 63 cents compared to 95 cents, SO prices are rising, I think Lightsounds might have been warning you of what might happen and it is happening

prices from pioneer have gone up this year approx 20%, some suppliers raised there prices by up to %40 when the dollar dropped... It has nothing to do with Lightsounds, in fact lightsounds is taking a massive chunk out of any possible profit to try bring you prices (close/less than) the last year prices.

Yes Pioneer will reduce some $ on old lines near the end of there shelf life but at the moment prices are rising and there is no end in sight yet
Circuit Breaker Out Now! Australias BEST new Electro, Breaks & Hip-Hop ------ Buy JUMPY T-shirts
SubbyBoy +

Times thanked
<
sorry to point this out but even with the dollar at 95 cents, the cdj's were at a very high price point..above 1600 plus if i am not wrong... but now that the dollar is at 63, it is around 1300......kinda the wrong way around isnt it?
technically it should have been 1300 when the dollar was at 95 and 1600 now cos the dollar is weaker...
but ur right about pioneer dropping the prices on most products that are near the end of their shelf life..hence my prediction..mk4 coming soon! hehe

NewjackThe2nd +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jumpy1

LOL mate, watch the news much? Aussie dollar went to 63 cents compared to 95 cents, SO prices are rising, I think Lightsounds might have been warning you of what might happen and it is happening

prices from pioneer have gone up this year approx 20%, some suppliers raised there prices by up to %40 when the dollar dropped... It has nothing to do with Lightsounds, in fact lightsounds is taking a massive chunk out of any possible profit to try bring you prices (close/less than) the last year prices.

Yes Pioneer will reduce some $ on old lines near the end of there shelf life but at the moment prices are rising and there is no end in sight yet

well i thought about all that. subbyboy answered it the way i was thinking about it. Iam just telling you what people were told and its now feb and its at an all time low to buy 1

i purchased my last mk3 from lightsounds. they were cheaper then JB HI FI by $3 and a road trip to go get it. Iam happy as a pig in mud that i got it from them at that price.

would like to be told the truth however when it comes to buying certain stuff.

I think the mk3 has another 18 months left in it before another model is released. the only upgrade i can think of is harddrive usb suport and a dvd rom that stores more mp3s

Pete
Jumpy1 +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubbyBoy

sorry to point this out but even with the dollar at 95 cents, the cdj's were at a very high price point..above 1600 plus if i am not wrong... but now that the dollar is at 63, it is around 1300......kinda the wrong way around isnt it?
technically it should have been 1300 when the dollar was at 95 and 1600 now cos the dollar is weaker...
but ur right about pioneer dropping the prices on most products that are near the end of their shelf life..hence my prediction..mk4 coming soon! hehe

haa yes its true the prices at retail have dropped for some products at the moment, there is no lie in the facts that lightsounds told you wholesalers are putting up the $$, pioneer did it.... many retailers are having huge sales to keep customers happy and spending, its another fact of the financial times.

read about some of the rises in pioneer prices HERE
http://www.connectedaustralia.com/Ne...9/Default.aspx
since that january press release there have been more rises in some of pioneers $$

Lightsounds has chosen not to raise its price even though Pioneer Australia HAVE raised theres !! SO To bring you these low price on pioneer, Lightsounds are buying more Pioneer than ever before and packages so they can give the best deal they can.
Circuit Breaker Out Now! Australias BEST new Electro, Breaks & Hip-Hop ------ Buy JUMPY T-shirts
NewjackThe2nd +

Times thanked
<
thanks Jumpy1. i really appreciate you do that. i did buy my last mk3 from them in december for $1419

from what your saying. iam very glad that they are doing what they are doing and will have my support from now on. i did have the shits with em over something a while back. but good on em
macc4 +

i don't have cat, it died

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,209 Times in 550 Posts
they have to keep prices down to compete with jb hifi

« Previous Thread Next Thread »