Page 1 of 2
  Tools
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,497 Times in 917 Posts
Ladies - would you be happy with a replica handbag
Say you LOVED a certain designer bag, which there is no way in hell you, or your partner, could justify buying, would you be happy with a replica as a random "surprise, you're awesome!" kinda present.

Obviously I wouldn't be trying to palm it of as the real thing, she knows well enough to know there's two chances of me spending $2500+USD on a handbag for her...shit show and no show...just curious about your thoughts

Cheers

PS - she's not the kinda girl who is hung up on desinger stuff, has bought herself replica bags when in Thailand etc, so I think she'd be OK with it!
Pete Gordon - Deep and Low

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

https://soundcloud.com/random_kiwi/deep-and-low
lyric +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<
What is it with all the handbag threads?

No for me on the replica.

Buy a non-handbag related suprise present.
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyric

What is it with all the handbag threads?

To be honest, I didn't really check/notice other threads...just wanted to poll the ITM ladies thoughts on this matter.

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

Elephanto +

Times thanked
<
You buying one for your ex-boyfriend to try and win him back?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscar Lomax

Get your claw out of my Holy of Holies

Ruthykins +

Stay awake little missfit

Times thanked
<
Thanked 4,060 Times in 1,862 Posts
I could not give less of a shit if something is fake (unless of course I paid real prices). I'm quite happying telling people my Luis is a knock off!
Ya baloney
larrisajones +

boring. thanks ITM

Times thanked
<
I'm a no ... even though its an excessive waste of money part of the thrill of owning something like that is knowing its not a knock off, well for me anyway. Plus there are some truly bad replica's out there - a decent replica will set you back $100-$200 anyway so you may as well go to mimco etc

Quote:

Originally Posted by andosound

Who needs Gossip Girl when we have the ITM forums

Quote:

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ezz_ +

fuck yeah nick cave

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,454 Times in 372 Posts
i voted yes, but only cos i don't get handbag/shoe/jewellery lust at all.

i have 3 handbags. one is black and covered in red skulls (from my mum when she worked in penang), one is black and covered in white skulls (from canal street in new york), and one is black and covered in line drawings of skulls (from greekman when he went to india).

i like skulls.
it only takes a fortnight to grow a decent beard
you can grow a beard twenty-six times in just a single year
it only takes a fortnight, and you know what else is true
i could grow three hundred and ninety beards before i'm over you
beebop +

lol

Times thanked
<
i am currently using a fake prada because it is nice and big for work...but if my boyfriend were to give me a fake bag as a gift?! no thanks.

agree with lyric, if you are going to the effort to get her a gift, make it something nice
some dance to remember, some dance to forget
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by larrisajones

a decent replica will set you back $100-$200 anyway so you may as well go to mimco etc

Yah, online prices range from $180-$350+

Problem with Mimco et al = inept man-child trying to find something for a girl = losing battle...least with the desinger knock of I KNOW she loves the bag!

But yeah, I get why people are saying no

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezz_

i like skulls.

fresh555 +

Times thanked
<
My girlfriend wont do fakes full stop, not a great attitude in my opinion but in saying that she gave me a Mont Blanc wallet and its lasted years and the leather still looks and feels really good.... It's aged really well which I doubt a fake would do.

You do get a good feeling knowing a piece is real, and the materials ect are higher quaility, but its certainly not good value...

Personally, if you dont want to pay full price for designer look for a cheaper product that isn't an exact copy/replica.... More individual, there are plenty of quality brands doing similar stuff just without the "pattern" or trademark...
SurfinBird +

ITM Legend

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random_Kiwi

Problem with Mimco et al = inept man-child trying to find something for a girl = losing battle...least with the desinger knock of I KNOW she loves the bag!

And giving her a fake gift is any better?

Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by SurfinBird

And giving her a fake gift is any better?

The "gift" isn't fake...the bag is!

Yeah, I know bro, hence polling the laydez...I'm sure some people wouldn't mind, while others would turn their nose up in disgust.

I think the fact she bought herself a knock off MiuMiu and a Jimmy Choo while in Thailand is in my favour that she'd still appreicate it for what it is

dandelion__ +

resident titspert

Times thanked
<
No I wouldn't be happy. If you can't afford a real one then don't bother with a knock off. I'd rather something that's not a rip off in the price range you can afford.
I am the best +

SPLASH!

Times thanked
<
would you be happy with a knock off pair of air max?
JVP $$Robotocorps
what more do you want in a line-up ?
Eric Prydz parachuting naked from a plane followed by White Michael Jackson Vs Black Michael Jackson soundtracked by Nirvana feat The Beatles and Wolverine? even then I don't think that would be appreciated...
delicious demon +

autumn acid

Times thanked
<
there was a a whole sex and the city episode on this.
you could always watch that for inside information on what women think of such things
delicious demon +

autumn acid

Times thanked
<
Also, like it was stated in the other thread, get a mimco, still designer, cheaper, interesting designs for all types of ladies with different tastes, girls love mimco apparently
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am the best

A) I dont' want air max's
B) I wouldn't give shit

But that's just me, I think the price people pay for desginer labels is fucking retarded, to put it lightly, and would happily wear a knock off if just for the fact it might piss off some fashionista idiot

Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by fresh555

Personally, if you dont want to pay full price for designer look for a cheaper product that isn't an exact copy/replica.... More individual, there are plenty of quality brands doing similar stuff just without the "pattern" or trademark...

No one makes a similar style thing to this bag without it looking like they're blatantly ripping it off anyway, labels or not

ravs +

Times thanked
<
Why don't just get her a nice handbag regardless of the label it represents. I'm sure she'd appreciate that more.
Cant.Stop.Wont.Stop
- Crown Street Cut Collective
- Scratchnuts Crew
- Soul of Sydney

Lowdown @
http://www.district.net.au
fresh555 +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random_Kiwi

No one makes a similar style thing to this bag without it looking like they're blatantly ripping it off anyway, labels or not

If thatís the case I would get a brand thatís blatantly ripping it off over a fake.... As soon as you see a broken zip or a part of bag fraying on a fake (it will happen) everyone knows itís a fake and it looks trashy.

I guess if it was a one season bag you could get away with a fake, but I personally think a blatant rip off from witchery is cooler than a fake, and will last alot longer...

In saying that I've met girls that pull off fakes really well if they're upfront about it and donít care.... Depends on the quality of the fake tooÖ

Unless she really wants a particular bag, there are places that buy and sell womanís designer fashion, have a look for a classic designer bag there maybe
NaTully +

waiting waiting waiting for Splendour

Times thanked
<
Thats a big fat NO from me too!
.........waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting for Splendour...............
dandelion__ +

resident titspert

Times thanked
<
Kiwi, what bag do you want to get a copy of anyway?
silvaside +

„Ā§ ‚óē_‚óē ŗľĹ„Ā§

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,840 Times in 877 Posts
SparklingSam +

Is it beer o'clock yet?

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezz_

i voted yes, but only cos i don't get handbag/shoe/jewellery lust at all.

oh I was going to vote No for the same reason.
You can't help that. We're all mad here
Big_Deal +

Feeder

Times thanked
<
No to all things fake/replica.
ezz_ +

fuck yeah nick cave

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,454 Times in 372 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by SparklingSam

oh I was going to vote No for the same reason.

needs an "i don't care" option?
it only takes a fortnight to grow a decent beard
you can grow a beard twenty-six times in just a single year
it only takes a fortnight, and you know what else is true
i could grow three hundred and ninety beards before i'm over you
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<

Quote:

If thatís the case I would get a brand thatís blatantly ripping it off over a fake.... As soon as you see a broken zip or a part of bag fraying on a fake (it will happen) everyone knows itís a fake and it looks trashy.

I guess if it was a one season bag you could get away with a fake, but I personally think a blatant rip off from witchery is cooler than a fake, and will last alot longer...

In saying that I've met girls that pull off fakes really well if they're upfront about it and donít care.... Depends on the quality of the fake tooÖ

Yah yah...all things I've been thinking, too...it was a one season bag, which was limited edition and sold out...but I was also concerned about "pulling it off thing", fake it not, I'd imagine it a hard bag to wear (don't know, I have ZERO fasioh stylings, I have more random shit from op shops than desginer stuff lol)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dandelion__

Kiwi, what bag do you want to get a copy of anyway?

Pic attached...rather obvious bag, eh? Hence concerns about it being obvious to be a fake...her fake Jimmy Choo is one thing, it's just a nice brown leather bag with a couple of logo's, but this thing screams "LOOK AT ME!!!"

Last edited by Random_Kiwi: 12-Apr-14 at 06:24pm

dandelion__ +

resident titspert

Times thanked
<
No offense but I wouldn't even want that if it was a real Prada! Not a fan of the pattern, bit much going on! Although heaps of people hate my LV Multicolore print bag for the same reason. Even I think its a bit much now
delicious demon +

autumn acid

Times thanked
<
yeah..i'm a bit over the top myself but that has a lot of shit going on..oh well whatever suits her taste.

i would think if you plan to spend so much money on a bag, wouldn't you want to get one that is timeless and one that you wouldn't get sick of?
lyric +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<
Some of the replicas are so good these days that you need to do a lot of research to know the tips to spot the difference....
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
^ Yeah, and if it is a quality built bag, they're still reasonably priced really, but at the same time, it could be a piece of shit which falls apart

Quote:

Originally Posted by dandelion__

No offense but I wouldn't even want that if it was a real Prada! Not a fan of the pattern, bit much going on! Although heaps of people hate my LV Multicolore print bag for the same reason. Even I think its a bit much now

Yah, diff folks/strokes...we saw it in the Prada shop early 2009 and she almost wet herself over it, so yeah, she loves it...but still, it's dubious, eh?

I'm learning towards flagging this idea, it's just too risky...quality/dubious gift giving aside, I'm not sure I even trust the sites which sell them to come through with the goods/not skim your credit card, eh?

cheers all

Ruthykins +

Stay awake little missfit

Times thanked
<
Thanked 4,060 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am the best

god no. I don't give a shit about handbags but my kicks are a different story
Ya baloney
whoodzzz +

I'm a hammer for hire, hit your arse so close your coat will catch fire

Times thanked
<
buy the bag and buy a dildo to put in there.

if she doesn't like the bag, she can go fuck herself!

Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
hahaha...well played sir

fresh555 +

Times thanked
<
I don’t know what your budget is but if she likes it that much, I'd buy her the fake bag and a piece of jewelry ( Tiffany’s necklace or something similar ), and write something on the card along the lines of ‘till you can afford the real thing’… Then at least she’ll have the necklace if you got the bag idea completely wrong…
BambiEyes +

I have no nose

Times thanked
<
I wouldn't want either. I hate designer bags (clothes, shoes, whatever) anyway - not sure if I would hate it more or less if it was fake.
Tie me up, tie me down.
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<

Quote:

I donít know what your budget is but if she likes it that much, I'd buy her the fake bag and a piece of jewelry ( Tiffanyís necklace or something similar ), and write something on the card along the lines of Ďtill you can afford the real thingíÖ Then at least sheíll have the necklace if you got the bag idea completely wrongÖ

Not a shabby idea! Cheers

larrisajones +

boring. thanks ITM

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoodzzz

buy the bag and buy a dildo to put in there.

if she doesn't like the bag, she can go fuck herself!

although from a woman's POV better played than you may realise ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by andosound

Who needs Gossip Girl when we have the ITM forums

Quote:

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

smorchika +

Times thanked
<
aww thats really cute.
it'd be a no from me though.
I havent ever really seen any designer bag that i want tbh, having said that i wouldnt buy a fake unless the quality was really solid.
maybe try www.etsy.com for something slightly more personal, unique and shows that you know her, and her sense of style.

having said that though, i suppose the thought is what counts, if someone wanted to buy me something cool as a just because present i think that'd be rad too..
big eddie +

Got soju?

Times thanked
<
Thanked 17,049 Times in 7,537 Posts
I'd probably think similar to being given a bottle of vat69 and being told it was lagavulin distillers edition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotamangina View Post

I hate it when you're right and I'm not.

lyric +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<
Is it just this particular Prada bag or Prada in general. If Prada in general get her Prada something else? The Prada canvas range is not that expensive, so maybe a wallet? Then she has her first authentic item...
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
That particular bag, she isn't a fan of uber designer labels/prada in general

Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Thanks for the advice, ladies...I flagged the bag and bought her a vintage Hermes scarf instead

esoteric31 +

errs on the side of awesome.

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by larrisajones

although from a woman's POV better played than you may realise ...

I reckon - she'll be too busy enjoying herself to even bother getting narky

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balls Deep View Post

Not this tart again

base615 +

base, proud, shallow, beggarly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,589 Times in 1,167 Posts
The problem is that fakes are made by slave labour chained to a workbench and also encourages more insidious fakes such as medicines and eggs believe it or not. Have a look in the watches thread for a great doco on the subject that I posted
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Yah, true that...I'd heard about fake medicines recently, like they've even made it to OUR shores!

But eggs? How does one fake an egg?

autumn acid +

pandering

Times thanked
<
If any girl complained about a gift I had given them I'd give them the absolute rodgering of a life time.

In exchange for any gift I give a girl I'd expect them to gladly receive the absolute rodgering of a life time.
EAD
autumn acid +

pandering

Times thanked
<
i lulzd at eggs
EAD
base615 +

base, proud, shallow, beggarly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,589 Times in 1,167 Posts
Re: eggs, they basically mix up chemicals and put it in a number of moulds and then coat it in calcium carbonate.

Media Player

Media Player

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaVeR_SpIkE View Post

all i can say is fuck you ref you fuckhead

worla +

STAT!

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,592 Times in 1,621 Posts
Random Kiwi i have the wallet and the a similar kind of bag to the one in your pic. it's fake and my bf gave it to me.
i don't care really. its a cool bag but otherwise id nerver be able to afford it.
My last fake LV wallet lasted 2 years so the quality can be just as good imo.
i ate all your bee's.....
Page 1 of 2

« Previous Thread Next Thread »