Gaming, Computers, Phones, and Gadgets

Grim Dawn

Tools
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
<
Grim Dawn
This is a new ARPG from the makers of Titan Quest, well a few of them, 6 developers to be exact. They took the engine from Titan Quest over to kickstarter with the vision of making a very gothic ARPG.

http://www.grimdawn.com/index.php

I can't really find any decent normal vids, but heres one of Kripp explaining.

Media Player

feel free to take a look at the game though, i got my Alpha acess through their site and it's available in early access via steam right now

Personally after 3-5 hours I love the shit out of this game right now, most importantly what it has over the other games, the music and environment are amazing the graphics are brilliant for this game and style of game.
The system with teh scraps is about as close to diablo's runes as i have seen in a while, skill tree also.
NismoR31 +

Times thanked
<
Thanked 10,810 Times in 4,660 Posts
i didn't jump on the kickstarter as i had no moolah at the time and had already kicked a bunch around then, but knew these guys would come out with something fun.

bought on steam this morning. about to start!
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,382 Times in 1,226 Posts
i could watch kripp vids all day

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonPrice View Post

ITM is, as far as I can see, the institute of trolls and memes. Alas and alack---it's time for my evening meal.

Infringing on copyrights since 1999

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
<
Apparently the steam version is slightly different to the version that you get off the Grim Dawn websight, if anyone is interested in maximum features maybe check out the Grim Damn sight first and have a read.
NismoR31 +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by TroyShaun View Post

Apparently the steam version is slightly different to the version that you get off the Grim Dawn websight, if anyone is interested in maximum features maybe check out the Grim Damn sight first and have a read.

care to link directly to the differences?

all i can see is http://www.grimdawn.com/contribute_buynow01.php
which doesn't say shit other than the obvious steam drm
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
<
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10451

Ok so maybe it's just the extra perks, so probably better off buying in steam while it's on special anyways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grim Dawn

Also, this may not be terribly exciting for people who are already playing but Grim Dawn will be appearing on Steam Early Access tomorrow, Nov 5th around 12pm! It is exciting for us though to finally see Grim Dawn appearing in an online store - makes things seem more real somehow... The Steam version will be a slight step down from Pioneer and not include all the extra perks available to those who purchased through our website. Please help us spread the word if you have any friends who might be interested in Grim Dawn but didn't want to purchase through our website.

Still liking it Nismo?
NismoR31 +

Times thanked
<
yeah was having a great time last night smashing zombie face in

so basically the steam version prob doesn't get this:
Digital download of Grim Dawn original music
Start the game in style with an exclusive swashbuckler's coat! (in-game item)
Enchanted Burrwitch Brew that never runs dry (in-game item). Far from granting an unfair advantage, this vile brew is certain to dull your combat abilities and may induce vomiting.

which i couldn't give a damn about really. i'm sure you'd fast outgrow the coat
ianwil1976 +

Autism

Times thanked
<
Thanked 15,156 Times in 6,136 Posts
I'd like this. I liked Titan Quest and love this sort of setting. Shame I don't have a PC.

*sigh*
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
<
Early on in the game, I'm struggling hard with some of the boss battles they all seem to be in big hordes and away from spawns which is tough considering most normal things are more challenging than i'm used to.

I think the challenge is part of the fun though, definitely still enjoying it
Kiron +

Mess with the best, Die like the rest!

Times thanked
<
Does it have Lan?
Yak, yak, yak. Get a job
Kiron22 << Add me to Last.fm bitches so we can Hipster it up together
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
<
don't think there's even multiplayer at this point, but LAN should be included from what i can tell

unfortunately i probably won't play this unless it has at least the equivalent of D2 closed bnet

Quote:

ITM is, as far as I can see, the institute of trolls and memes. Alas and alack---it's time for my evening meal.

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
NismoR31 +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by TroyShaun View Post

Early on in the game, I'm struggling hard with some of the boss battles they all seem to be in big hordes and away from spawns which is tough considering most normal things are more challenging than i'm used to.

I think the challenge is part of the fun though, definitely still enjoying it

yeah it's not exactly a walk in the park when you get a mob attacking all at once. Even with the health regen after combat timeout i'm still smashing pots sometimes. Haven't died yet tho but have come very close a couple of times.

it brings back memories of diablo 1 & 2 - ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK OH GOD IM ALMOST DEAD RUN AWAY
heal up and come back
NismoR31 +

Times thanked
<
just died for the first time
got lightning raped by a salamander thing boss in the flooded passage. almost instadeath with one hit
NismoR31 +

Times thanked
<
fuck getting raped now. died stacks

some balancing still to sort out i think
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
<
yea, at least for the most part there are lots of areas there, or thereabouts that you can farm.

Because i just got to the boss, and seriously was not close to ready for that challenge.
NismoR31 +

Times thanked
<
i managed to kill it after 2 deaths. the main problem was all the other mobs hitting me at the same time when it got me with lightning. fast way to die from full health

then at the end of that tunnel there was
Spoiler:
a giant fucking stone golem thing which i promptly peed my pants as soon as i saw it and ran off back the way i came lol. killed it first go though but it could've easily almost instadeathed me as well. pots pots pots!

then outside
Spoiler:
i headed SE to where these zealots are - fucking hell they hit hard & cast some curse thing on the ground which just drains your health very fast. managed to clear the outside area, go into their lair and die in the first room
3 deaths later cleared that room then gtfo quick smart coz there were more chasing me. not going back there for a while lol
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
<
what level are you, i can't really tell if you are further than me or not?

I'm level 21
Spoiler:
biggest shit I had was multiple bosses near the top north, also lightning , the level was designed so that by the time i got to one boss... three others had followed me up and there was no other way to do it but battle them all at once
NismoR31 +

Times thanked
<
i think i'm about 15. haven't even reached Burrwitch yet. that's the next location on my map

playing a pure warrior. haven't dual classed yet but prob will soon
does the mage-type class have those constant buff abilities like in titan quest?
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
<
Yea i dunno Duelist only, my dude uses a pistol and shield
NismoR31 +

Times thanked
<
i'm only level 12
NismoR31 +

Times thanked
<
finished the act at level 18. did you keep playing after? I still have that bit i was getting raped at before and a couple of other patches i didn't go through
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
<
Yea was level 22 when i finished that, it was hard and took a while for me to figure out the portals... can't imagine playing that game hardcore... still going to play though like the blue items and skills.
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
<
can't believe i'm enjoying farming ACT 1 of an alpha build haha
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
<
If you go to the Burwich Outskirts and head South West, i found an awesome area to farm, (higher then the end level).

there's a bunch of Human Cultist dudes there very cool being able to farm multiple areas.

still not sure how it works though, maps don't seem to be random. monsters seem to be whatever level i am when i find them the first time... might start another toon at some stage and find out.
I do have an awesome collection of Blue items now, including one that summons a massive as demon
NismoR31 +

Times thanked
<
yeah that's the place i get raped. outside i can handle ok coz there's space to move around & run away. inside their lair is a different story. Only now that i'm level 19/20 can i slowly work my way through in there. still get killed occasionally.
i think it's coz my warrior has no blood & aether resistance they hit me very hard

that place was to the east of burwich outskirts on my map. i don't get how maps are generated - i have 3 chars and the map is identical in all of them
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
<
oh yer south east, my bad

yea i can summon those Harbingers with my sword there's a bunch of other awesome as items with random skills and shit too, lightening nova on hit sword was fun.

As my skills are duelist though, when i try to hack through they kill me pretty quick, presume would be resistance though... guess i will find out soon enough.
NismoR31 +

Times thanked
<
if you constantly move around you can pick them off slowly. it's all the ranged blood/poison attacks that fuck you fast. there are so many at once. just gotta dodge them and you're fine
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
<
Anyone that's not playing Diablo 3, might enjoy picking this game up now...

Second Act was unleashed on the public yesterday.

Anyone that hasn't played it, it's an ARPG in the vein of Diablo and PoE, it's more gritty than PoE i prefer it really.

Quote:

Originally Posted by medierra Crate Employee - Designer

Grim Dawn: Act II Released!
We're very excited to be releasing Act II today, which will roughly double the playable content and raises the level cap to 35. There are also tons of general improvements, including the redesigned HUD, lore codex, graphical enhancements, loads of new items and insidious quests.

Last edited by TroyShaun: 27-Feb-14 at 10:36am

NismoR31 +

Times thanked
<
sweet will have to give it another run in between the eleventy other games i have to play
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
<
kripps does interviews now

Spoiler:

no chance of closed multi game looks like its coming along well tho and dev seems like a good guy so i'll prob give him my money anyway (for a full release. aint nobody got time for early access)

Quote:

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion

« Previous Thread Next Thread »