The Male Pill

Page 1 of 2
  Tools
Fewsion +

Registered troll

Times thanked
<
The Male Pill
Would you or wouldn't you? Apparently there's no impact on hormones or sperm count (for mice).
airconteka +

moving sideways in a forward motion

Times thanked
<
Thanked 12,697 Times in 6,102 Posts
I would if I had mice
Fewsion +

Registered troll

Times thanked
<
Hmmmm I see
jarrardscott +

I start arguments then blame everyone else, and now I have this shitty My Little Pony icon

Times thanked
<
Thanked 5,000 Times in 2,101 Posts
itd totally depend on the payoff compared to the female contraceptive pill.

Women have many other options that are widely used these days and are much easier. (e.g. nuvo ring).

if the guys had much less side effects i'd totally consider, girls generally start to lose their desire for sex on the pill as well. Research has shown that women on the pill have less desire for sex but are more content about it.
m_xt +

3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510582097494459230781640628620899862803

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,490 Times in 784 Posts
^ Nuvo ring doesn't seem completely safe and easy Jrod, blot clots and stuff.
http://www.prweb.com/releases/nuvari...eb11382269.htm

The male pill doesn't seem to mess with hormones or sperm count either. My concern would be does it still feel good without finishing? Maybe someone on here has a vasectomy and can enlighten?
Doesn't look like it will be available for a decade either
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-12-0...-years/5130574
(Probably should have provided some sort of link for context Fewsion instead of a one line comment about mice).
Check it ****s.
Soundcloud

LAZE

Last edited by m_xt: 04-Dec-13 at 09:17am

Bracko +

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,799 Times in 1,577 Posts
I'd probably do it a good 10 years after the drug was released (if you count the 10 years until first release from today, then it'd just be easier to snip snip)

There are heaps of other options.
step on my cubes.
mliro +

Charlie sheen...

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,517 Times in 1,294 Posts
how much for a 10 pack?

Quote:

Originally Posted by i am an alias View Post

mlirosi brought forth mugs.

Ruthykins +

Stay awake little missfit

Times thanked
<
Thanked 4,060 Times in 1,862 Posts
There are so many issues with the female pill, lower sexdrive being of the minuscule ones - I personally don't take it because it made me crazy. It also fucked with my hormones terribly.

I would be all for men taking more responsibility with contraception. In saying that, as much as feel like a shit for admitting this, I don't think I would have 100% faith in a man (during a 1 night stand) if he told me "is okay baby, I'm on the pill".
Ya baloney
mliro +

Charlie sheen...

Times thanked
<
Well that is ‘one night stands 101’….dont believe anything they say, chances are they don’t work for secret services, are not a second cousin of Ryan gosling nor are they a world renowned photographer that is going to get you a shoot in the south of france

Quote:

Ruthykins +

Times thanked
<
Well now you tell me!
Ya baloney
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,382 Times in 1,226 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruthykins View Post

In saying that, as much as feel like a shit for admitting this, I don't think I would have 100% faith in a man (during a 1 night stand) if he told me "is okay baby, I'm on the pill".

if you lettin cats hit u raw on one night stands, getting preggers the last of your worries baby..

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonPrice View Post

ITM is, as far as I can see, the institute of trolls and memes. Alas and alack---it's time for my evening meal.

Infringing on copyrights since 1999

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
Bracko +

Times thanked
<
^^ post of the week

Quote:

There are so many issues with the female pill, lower sexdrive being of the minuscule ones - I personally don't take it because it made me crazy. It also fucked with my hormones terribly.

I would be all for men taking more responsibility with contraception. In saying that, as much as feel like a shit for admitting this, I don't think I would have 100% faith in a man (during a 1 night stand) if he told me "is okay baby, I'm on the pill".

when you meet childless 30yo's you don't have faith in women saying that either.
step on my cubes.
Ruthykins +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigGroovyFcuker View Post

if you lettin cats hit u raw on one night stands, getting preggers the last of your worries baby..

ha - true!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bracko View Post

when you meet childless 30yo's you don't have faith in women saying that either.

you would be surprised! So many men out there who care more about not having to wear a condom over not get AIDS or a baby
Ya baloney
Fledz +

Royal Astrological Metaphysician

Times thanked
<
Thanked 6,163 Times in 3,050 Posts
I'd look at is a viable option with a long term partner.
Bracko +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

you would be surprised! So many men out there who care more about not having to wear a condom over not get AIDS or a baby

I didn't say "more" I just said generally.
step on my cubes.
Ruthykins +

Times thanked
<
fair call
Ya baloney
crabman +

I might be a **** but I'm not a fucking ****.

Times thanked
<
Thanked 8,299 Times in 3,650 Posts
Ugh. I already have to take a pill for sex. DNW another.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiron View Post

How about you people actually learn a little thing called having a fucking conscious and not being heartless sociopath you piece of shit.

الاستماع إلى ... ال التنفس المدينة.

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.
wheelo007 +

Registered Offhander

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Here's a tangiental point; did you know AIDS was called GRID (Gay-related immune deficiency) before it was better understood and classified?

Anyway, I think this male pill will do more damage to society than good. It would be way better use of science smarts to address transmission of STIs. A male pill is one more spurious reason for guys to justify not wearing a condom with casual partners and for idiot-girls to be lulled into a sense of security that conceiving a baby is the only risk of stranger-sex..
https://soundcloud.com/presidentbird
jarrardscott +

I start arguments then blame everyone else, and now I have this shitty My Little Pony icon

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by m_xt View Post

^ Nuvo ring doesn't seem completely safe and easy Jrod, blot clots and stuff.
http://www.prweb.com/releases/nuvari...eb11382269.htm

The male pill doesn't seem to mess with hormones or sperm count either. My concern would be does it still feel good without finishing? Maybe someone on here has a vasectomy and can enlighten?
Doesn't look like it will be available for a decade either
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-12-0...-years/5130574
(Probably should have provided some sort of link for context Fewsion instead of a one line comment about mice).

you still ejaculate AFAIK, you just dont produce the sperm. only semen. which is what happens after a vasectomy.
shouldnt make a diff.

As far as nuvo ring side effects goes, AFAIK its EXACTLY the same as the contraceptive pill except to a lesser effect as its basically just a slow release over 3 weeks instead of dumping a pill every day.
mliro +

Charlie sheen...

Times thanked
<
good point wheelo didn't think of it that way

Quote:

jarrardscott +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheelo007 View Post

Here's a tangiental point; did you know AIDS was called GRID (Gay-related immune deficiency) before it was better understood and classified?

Anyway, I think this male pill will do more damage to society than good. It would be way better use of science smarts to address transmission of STIs. A male pill is one more spurious reason for guys to justify not wearing a condom with casual partners and for idiot-girls to be lulled into a sense of security that conceiving a baby is the only risk of stranger-sex..

natural selection

I think the male pill is more intended for people in relationships anyway. I can't really imagine girls on one night stands taking one up the duff freely if a drunken guy says "i'm on the pill", and realistically, the ones that would are likely the ones that would use the "pull out" method anyway on a one night stand. So really, their risk of STI isnt changing.
Davomaxi +

No. Money Down!

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,211 Times in 665 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mliro View Post

a world renowned photographer that is going to get you a shoot in the south of france

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianwil1976 View Post

I killed all my family because they wouldn't suck my dick.

Medium Rurrrr!

See my blog http://ecentreofexcellence.blogspot.com.au/
Bracko +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

natural selection

I think the male pill is more intended for people in relationships anyway. I can't really imagine girls on one night stands taking one up the duff freely if a drunken guy says "i'm on the pill", and realistically, the ones that would are likely the ones that would use the "pull out" method anyway on a one night stand. So really, their risk of STI isnt changing.

Why do you always make such wild assumptions and assert them as fact?
jarrardscott +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Why do you always make such wild assumptions and assert them as fact?

what? where do i assert it as fact?

"I think"
"I can't really imagine"

clearly stating it as my opinion on it and not asserting as fact.

chillax dude.
wheelo007 +

Registered Offhander

Times thanked
<
Jarrad,
(takes deep breath)
Public Health Authorities in the US, Scandnavia, The UK and Australia have admitted that the Pill, which has freed women from unwanted pregnancies, has also led to a decrease in sexual restraint!
This is why there has been a consistent Increased in the spread of genital infections, including syphilis and gonorrhea. Venereal diseases are on the rise with young people since a major decline in the 80s on the back of the emergence of HIV, and no doubt some of the blame can be laid before the widespread availability of the pill and the morning after pill. Because the Pill has provided a forceful impetus behind the second major “sexual revolution” since the 60s, the adoption of a male pill would only compund the problem. In Sweden (which is one of the leading countries in the world for public health research), increasing use of the Pill has been almost directly blamed for alarming rises in venereal diseases. For statistics in Australia, have a look at the huge increase of STIs in the past decade.
http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@....ures10Jun+2012
If your joking response is "natural selection" then the world is fucked, because STIs continue to increase. 1 in every 8 people in Australia has Herpes.

It almost entirely is related to the perception of what constitutes SAFETY and the perceived relaxation of constraints that comes with widely available forms of alternate contraception. This includes the pill and the soon-to-be male pill.
If someone thinks of the pill, they think "my sex is now safer"
If someone uses a condom, they think "my sex is now safer"
What constitutes "safe" varies wildly and the lines of contraception vs STI prevention get blurred, As result, for the uneducated, uncaring, unprepared, intoxicated or socially relaxed, the illusion that one form of contraception means "safe sex" is taken as an assurance.
Even for couples, there's no guarantee that you're not taking an STI into a relationship.

By reason, their risk of contracting an STI IS changing. It's going up. That is fact.
mliro +

Charlie sheen...

Times thanked
<
im pretty sure I got herpes from jrods amusing images postings

Quote:

Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,497 Times in 917 Posts

Quote:

Ranty McRant-Rant

By reason, their risk of contracting an STI IS changing. It's going up. That is fact.

Any one who accepts condomless sex outside of a serious relationship based of the fact that he/she "is on the pill" fucking deserves whatever he/she gets...that is also a fact...that is also Natural Selection...morons get what they deserve...it's not like the information isn't out there and easily available, no fucking excuse
Pete Gordon - Deep and Low

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

https://soundcloud.com/random_kiwi/deep-and-low
wheelo007 +

Registered Offhander

Times thanked
<
That's not the point I was making,
Even if you took ONE tiny piece of information from my ranty mcranterson, simply the fact that you could at any time enter a "serious relationship" with someone who already has an STI from a previous relationship.... ever think about that? the second you stop using condoms, you're exposed to anything they're carrying
Do you know what Natural Selection even means, by the way? Banding about a term like a roid-head at Stereosonic chomping at the bit for an opportunity to pull off his wifey and show off his gym bod.
Natural selection for humans has to take into account social and psycological theory.
Human behaviour and social activities outside of cultural norms, such as random banging, mostly doesn't lead to decline in a population, it leads to an increase. Behaviours outside of what is determined to be culturally normal are called units of cultural transmission and it's the reason you're not the product of incest, which was the norm amongst small populations thousands of years ago. Someone stopped shagging their sister or cousin and all of a sudden the gene pool diversified and strengthened.
Even in countries with rampant spread of AIDS, the population increases.
If two random people don't use a condom they might get an STI. But how exactly is that natural selection? In fact, they might also end up with a child. How the fuck is THAT natural selection?
I don't disagree that in a country like Australia, it's pretty stupid to disregard the known risks. But couldn't the same be said for smoking, drinking, doing coke, driving, etc etc?
Finally, with regard to sex education, It's a pretty closed-minded assumption that everyone has the education or access to information you've had. Go explore the world and come back with an informed opinion, otherwise you're just as bad for making wild assumptions and asserting them as fact as other people on these threads who infuriate us.

Last edited by wheelo007: 05-Dec-13 at 03:51pm

jarrardscott +

Times thanked
<
I thought by the emoticon people would have realised it was a tongue in cheek comment not to be taken seriously but obviously people wanted to discuss the dangers of STI's further and i'm all for that.
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Someone's a little testy

Darwinism...your poor choices lead you to disease/death...rather than evolutionary natural selection then

It's not close minded at all to believe people have the same level of sex education as me...shit, I'm pushing forty man, I bet my at puberty age sex education wasn't half as good as is it is now...if bellends out there ignore that/don't take it upon themselves to further educate themselves before fucking every Tom, Dick and Harry without protection, they deserve what they get...period...fact...end of story...this isn't the 1950's

PS - pull the funking bug out of you ass already man, sheesh

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

Last edited by Random_Kiwi: 05-Dec-13 at 04:25pm

Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<

Quote:

That's not the point I was making,
Even if you took ONE tiny piece of information from my ranty mcranterson, simply the fact that you could at any time enter a "serious relationship" with someone who already has an STI from a previous relationship.... ever think about that? the second you stop using condoms, you're exposed to anything they're carrying

I'm not retard, stop talking to me like your mother talks to you...I wouldn't start having unprotected sex with anyone before BOTH being tested.

wheelo007 +

Registered Offhander

Times thanked
<
Male pill is just a new form of birth control, of which there are many, including the condom. In my opinion, it's not as useful a topic of research and development as is control of diseases. It's a lazy man's solution for not wearing a condom when in a relationship. Again, I don't disagree that those who should know better don't deserve alot of sympathy, but not everyone in the world has the priveliges you have in Australia and not everyone who has sex without a condom derserves what they get. See how many rape victims side with you on that argument mate.
I've given my rationale and have nothing more to add.

But, for what it's worth. I don't have a bug in my ass, I'm educated on the topic and have seen the issue first-hand in some severely under-priveliged countries.
Given that this is a forum for discussion and debate, I expected a discussion. While you might be passionate about it, senseless comments are the equivalent of STIs to these forums and the reason they're dying. There's some natural selection for you.

Be either funny or clever. No need to come across like an ass just because you have an opinion.

And I wasn't trying to insult your intelligence. I don't know you, so wouldn't make any assumptions. I'm just saying that not everyone has the presence of mind to get both partners tested when they start a serious relationship.
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Furry muff, I'm selfishly thinking about this subect matter solely in relation to countries like Australia, modernised non-third world countries where people have access to education, information and you know, CHOICES Realistically, this form of contraception simply will never be an option in those other countries, wouldn't you think?

Agree 100% it's not really that worthwhile a form of research/advancement...pregnancy is the least of the issues for a lot of people when it comes to sex

wheelo007 +

Registered Offhander

Times thanked
<
Well, in fact, in Africa, where there's over 1m people with aids, a large number prostitutes don't use condoms at all.
Instead they've started using antiretrovirals, which are drugs that suppress viruses such as HIV. It's more commonly called a post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) and is often given to people who've been sexually assaulted or had a needle-stick injury/exposure to blood, etc.
I used to work in a respiratory ward in the UK where a patient coughed into my face and I got some of her saliva in my eye. She was carrying meningitis, MRSA and had something called C-diff, which is a nasty, nasty hospital infection.
The wider implications of how easily stuff spreads without the need for some idiot to have unprotected sex, on the assumption that the pill means they're safe is pretty scary stuff.
Call it a topic I'm passionate about. Not trying to rub you up the wrong way mate (not unless you're on the pill, anyway.. then it's fair game hey?)
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
totally...man, that sounds rank...did it make you gag/throw up knowing what that person was carrying?

Heard of those PEPs before, but decade+ ago, thought they would have been way to expense to use in that fashion...so when in Africa, don't bang anything sounds like the best bet

wheelo007 +

Registered Offhander

Times thanked
<
True that. But the longer things have been on the market, the cheaper they get. Especially when countries like India and Brazil have the means to produce generic, cheap versions of drugs like that one. It sells for a few hundred in the US, costs less than a dollar in Africa.

Didn't make me gag so much. Made me shit myself for about a week (literally) and panic for two weeks while I got blood results back to see if I had been infected with any old person diseases.
Fledz +

Royal Astrological Metaphysician

Times thanked
<
Thanked 6,163 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:

Well, in fact, in Africa, where there's over 1m people with aids, a large number prostitutes don't use condoms at all.
Instead they've started using antiretrovirals, which are drugs that suppress viruses such as HIV. It's more commonly called a post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) and is often given to people who've been sexually assaulted or had a needle-stick injury/exposure to blood, etc.
I used to work in a respiratory ward in the UK where a patient coughed into my face and I got some of her saliva in my eye. She was carrying meningitis, MRSA and had something called C-diff, which is a nasty, nasty hospital infection.
The wider implications of how easily stuff spreads without the need for some idiot to have unprotected sex, on the assumption that the pill means they're safe is pretty scary stuff.
Call it a topic I'm passionate about. Not trying to rub you up the wrong way mate (not unless you're on the pill, anyway.. then it's fair game hey?)

You can blame the Catholic church for lack of condom use in Africa.
Bracko +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

what? where do i assert it as fact?

"I think"
"I can't really imagine"

clearly stating it as my opinion on it and not asserting as fact.

chillax dude.

Quote:

, the ones that would are likely the ones that would use the "pull out" method anyway on a one night stand. So really, their risk of STI isnt changing.

that's what I was referring to. unless you're a swinger, which I don't think you are. how often do you take guys home?
step on my cubes.
jarrardscott +

Times thanked
<
in all seriousness though, im curious, although you all talk this way. how many of you have had unprotected sex with someone (be it a one night stand, a friend, a partner, whatever) without knowing both you and the person have been tested for STI's and are safe?

I could be wrong but my guess is the majority of you ahve done it at least once.
jarrardscott +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

that's what I was referring to. unless you're a swinger, which I don't think you are. how often do you take guys home?

i dont get what youre trying to say here? i still dont see it as asserting fact anywhere?
wheelo007 +

Registered Offhander

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fledz View Post

You can blame the Catholic church for lack of condom use in Africa.

True that!
I'm from Ireland and can attest to how weird it was living in a country where, up until the early 1990s it was still a touchy topic.
It was only made legal to sell condoms (to people over 17) in 1985. Hence, I have a shit load of aunts and uncles, most of whom are mongoloids.
wheelo007 +

Registered Offhander

Times thanked
<

Quote:

in all seriousness though, im curious, although you all talk this way. how many of you have had unprotected sex with someone (be it a one night stand, a friend, a partner, whatever) without knowing both you and the person have been tested for STI's and are safe?

I could be wrong but my guess is the majority of you ahve done it at least once.

I have a well-stocked supply of pennicilin and will forcably ensure anyone I'm showing my O-face has a mouthful of antivirals before I slip an untethered fox into her rabbit hole. If you catch my drift....
jarrardscott +

Times thanked
<
tbh, no... i dont catch your drift
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
quite a way with words there

jarrardscott +

Times thanked
<
so wheelo is the only one that wraps his dick
wheelo007 +

Registered Offhander

Times thanked
<
It's what I'm famous for. That and hitting Sean Connery in the back with a football.
DSILVR +

Times thanked
<
I think we're all guilty of the unbeknown rubber break, whereby we keep on pumping only to realise it has broken upon busting a nut or switching position.

It's not all full proof.

Quote:

Originally Posted by weapon

These days, whenever I'm balls deep, I can't help thinking "I cant wait to tell my buddies on ITM"

nrjize +

licking dates

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,692 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote:

Surely for a 1 night stand you'd be insisting on a condom irrespective of any birth control given the prevalence of STIs? If you were in a monogamous relationship then this could be good, either the woman stops taking the pill or you both take something so that if 1 fucks up the other's should still have you covered.
nrjize +

licking dates

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,692 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote:

Never. Have had unprotected sex with my partner on a handful of occasions in 6 years but we still use condoms most of the time so when it comes to strangers it's 100% of the time.
Fangoriously +

Fusion Aerodynamical Science

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,209 Times in 525 Posts
I've thrown my dick on the roulette wheel more than once, truth be told.
Aerodynamical Fusion Science Terminal Velocitising Scientician Experimentalising
Page 1 of 2

« Previous Thread Next Thread »