My Kitchen Rules 2013

Page 2 of 3
  Tools
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,497 Times in 917 Posts
+1 for the brunette housewife...totally would!

I liked how they explained the Pasta Gate (tm) though...they all had the choice, the choice to give and the choice to ask, it's no different from your own pasta failing and you using a packet really...it was about 1 key ingredient, used in a pasta dish...judges just judge the dish as a whole, Josh's was a better dish.

Those Asian bitches are just vapid poisonous bitches, can't want for their epic failure.

EDIT - while we're all being harsh and slamming everyone as shit cooks, lets be a little fair and think about the pressure of the situation...I don't think any of them at out and out shit cooks, they all good home cooks, they just stumble under the pressure of the lights, cameras and time constraints imo. Dollars to donuts, as all of us would to some degree or another.
Pete Gordon - Deep and Low

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

https://soundcloud.com/random_kiwi/deep-and-low

Last edited by Random_Kiwi: 21-Mar-13 at 04:22pm

RaVeR_SpIkE +

Yeah Baby 500Gb Internet Fuck Yes

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,733 Times in 1,998 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random_Kiwi View Post

+1 for the brunette housewife...totally would!

Those Asian bitches are just vapid poisonous bitches, can't want for their epic failure.

+10000000000 hope they gets served in the next episode, after i saw last nights showed the preview for the next episode it all war for them , when i saw my reaction fuck yeah
Griggle +

If it is prophylactic and emphatically didactic, then it's not tactic."

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,726 Times in 830 Posts
Kiwi, that whole pasta thing pretty much summed up the show for me.

They should have been disqualified the moment they failed to make their own food. The judges are enabling their terrible cooking by even entertaining letting them pass. And now they are considered to be finalists?

Seriously one of the teams that passed all they could say was "congratulations you managed to cook your steak medium rare like you planned" and gave them a pass. If that's the bar for being considered good at cooking in the show can you really consider any of the comments the two asian chicks made about their opponents food to be unwarranted?
Broadband speeds will always be lower under a Coalition Government.
navskore +

Neighbours whore

Times thanked
<
I am wondering what the audition process is and whether they actually have one in place or are they interviewed based on their personalities rather than cooking abilities. If its the former, then it's no wonder that they are not really Masterchef calibre and it really shouldn't be calling itself a predominantly cooking show.

The asian girls have a right to be cocky, they are actually good cooks, whether that is because everyone else is terrible could be argued. I actually enjoy their bitching, and am usually in agreement. I wish we could taste some of the food as much as I love being an armchair judge
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griggle View Post

If that's the bar for being considered good at cooking in the show can you really consider any of the comments the two asian chicks made about their opponents food to be unwarranted?

Yes, because they have done nothing but Asian food...sorry, but yeah, they're pretty good at Asian food, but they've proved nothing else to show that they're any better than anyone else imo. One trick pony anyone?

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

Fuzzy Rainbow +

OMG are you serious?

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,136 Posts
totally agree kiwi. they have only ever made asian foods. a cooking contest should be about cooking different things and getting out of your comfort zone.

what happened last night? i didn't watch it.
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,844 Times in 1,176 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuzzy Rainbow View Post

totally agree kiwi. they have only ever made asian foods. a cooking contest should be about cooking different things and getting out of your comfort zone.

I don't think it was on last night.
Fuzzy Rainbow +

OMG are you serious?

Times thanked
<
ah cool.
RaVeR_SpIkE +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuzzy Rainbow View Post

it wasn't on last night not until easter monday
Fuzzy Rainbow +

OMG are you serious?

Times thanked
<
oh thats right. triple ep of home and away was on.
navskore +

Neighbours whore

Times thanked
<
I don't think i can wait that long, feel withdrawals coming on
Tha Gooch +

wut wut

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random_Kiwi View Post

One trick pony anyone?

the other contestants are no-trick ponies

Not that i want to defend them, but I think they have stepped outside asian and done ok. The school kid challenge where they made meatballs comes to mind

What does sh*t me, is the way they carry on like they 'own' asian cuisine.. every time someone else does asian they start spouting off like 'how dare they'

One of them is of Vietnamese background (ive lived in Vietnam and the food compared to other asian countries is very bland and flavourless imo - except for the Banh Mi rolls) and the other is of Cambodian background, which is probably the worst food I've eaten in asia

So for them to think they are top shit at asian I find annoying and unwarranted. A good example is the steamed fish they did the other night - all they did was stuff the thing with ginger and water crest (from memory) - and the judges raved about it -
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Meanwhile Masterchef professionals will probably not get a second season despite the food being multiple orders of magnitude better and actually giving the viewing public a chance to learn how to make good food.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaVeR_SpIkE View Post

Yeah i agree completely, it s all about the ratings and it didn't rate this well at even for grand final it would't be coming back that's for sure

You can't really compare the quality of the cooking between MKR to Masterchef...MKR has turned into purely entertainment value and Masterchef is actually based on people who can cook (apart from recent season's of putting contestants in just because they can turn on the water works in front of the TV)

But...Masterchef Professional was crap. The concept is crap. Who wants to see people who already are classified as a Masterchef and cook for a living and watch them fight for the Masterchef 'Professional' title...half the contestants on the original Masterchef series can cook better than most of these so called professionals. I be glad to not see this for a second season and also that Masterchef 'Kids' version...maybe because I hate seeing kids cook better than me!
[Put Signature Here]
Griggle +

Times thanked
<
I think a large part of the judges raving about their food is because eating it gives them the opportunity to cleans their palates of all the other contestants food.

Your experiences with Vietnamese street food may have been underwhelming but I've lived with a Vietnamese chick who cooked pretty much all traditional food and a lot of it was delicious.* I think quality of the ingredients may have played a part in your experience. They do like a lot of very watery soups which if not spiced appropriately would be pretty bland.

*I'm still not sure what I think of cucumber and coriander sandwiches.
Griggle +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trackmasta View Post

...half the contestants on the original Masterchef series can cook better than most of these so called professionals. I be glad to not see this for a second season and also that Masterchef 'Kids' version...maybe because I hate seeing kids cook better than me!

serious lulz here.

The challenges were all orders of magnitude higher than anything the original Masterchef challengers had to deal with, with drastically lower time limits and much more critical judging.

Just look at plating. In the original series most contestants took 10 - 15 minutes to plate a single dish. Most of the professional chefs were plating 3 plates in under a minute and having the food come out looking a million times better than most of the original series contestants managed.

Same goes for pretty much every other element of the show.

Fuck, the winner of the original series was up for elimination pretty much every week and then just got through by cooking a home cooked meal every elimination test. She failed pretty much 100% of the challenges given her and just got through on her specialty. Meanwhile the only good cook in the competition made a single terrible dish and got eliminated right at the end. There is no comparison between the shows if you've ever worked in a commercial kitchen before.

Dunning Kruger effect imo. Most people watching the show don't know enough about cooking to even understand what is hard or easy.

Quote:

Who wants to see people who already are classified as a Masterchef and cook for a living and watch them fight for the Masterchef 'Professional' title:

<feauxcough>Iron chef</feauxcough>

Last edited by Griggle: 22-Mar-13 at 01:16pm

Tha Gooch +

wut wut

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Your experiences with Vietnamese street food may have been underwhelming but I've lived with a Vietnamese chick who cooked pretty much all traditional food and a lot of it was delicious.* I think quality of the ingredients may have played a part in your experience. They do like a lot of very watery soups which if not spiced appropriately would be pretty bland.

Yeah it wasnt just street food, we ate out in restaraunts pretty much every night.

Saying that I was in Saigon, and I hear the food up in Hanoi is much more varied and flavoursome, bit more chinese influence perhaps..

Also it didnt help that my wife and I were coming off the back of 3 years in Thailand, which of course has very strong flavours and a lot of spice.

Me personally I have really enjoyed Masterchef Professionals, its had its moment tho... I reckon Acuch (? sudancese chick) only got a gurnsey so Matt Preston and Marco could ham up the bullshit stories of "you have taken us on a journey of your past and family.. " fuck that was some cringeworthy tv

^^ I also couldnt stop laughing in one the first rounds the self proclaimed 'rockstar chef' who tried to cook 5 or 6 things on a plate and Acuch cooked a soup - the guy cracked the sh*ts and was like "it took her 2 hrs to make a soup!!"
Griggle +

Times thanked
<
Yeah from what I noticed about her cooking they don't go for the hot spices and curries but they get really into mild spices like coriander, mint and ginger. She said that chilli doesn't grow well in Vietnam so they often use pepper instead so after Thailand I could see how that would be a massive change.

I agree there were some really naff chefs at the start of professional, but they washed out pretty quick.

Just as an example for comparison. Adriano Zumbo (the desert chef they have in every series to set a challenge or two) in the first season I remember him telling them that the cake (8 layers with 3 being repeats so 5 different mixes) would take them 4 hours to make. When they asked how long he took, he said he it took a little under 2 hours (and his cake was perfect).

On professionals they got 3 hours to make a much more technically challenging cake. (12 layers no repeats)

Now the end result for the contestants is pretty much the same every time. Multiple layers fucked up, chocolate not tempered properly, shithouse decoration, etc. so to your average viewer it looks like they are as shithouse as your normal contestants.

But the tasks were light years away from each other in difficulty and it was only because each team on the professionals cakes was typically let down by a single member that their cakes weren't close to being made correctly.

Seriously read the recipes and compare the difference. I'd set a couple of days aside to try and make that wedding cake and it would still probably be a clusterfuck. 4 hours would be enough to get the chocolate mousse cake done and its plausible that I might actually make an edible version.
navskore +

Neighbours whore

Times thanked
<
I tried to give Masterchef the Professionals a go but it really isn't that much fun watching professionals cook - maybe because you expect too much from them or can't relate to them or wonder why they need to be on a cooking show if they can cook. I was thinking the same thing about that Sudanese chick when she made that soup - like for a "masterchef" is this really the best thing she could make?

Zumbo is just wild with his food challenges though, didn't he set that gingerbread one as well in one of the finals/semi-finals? That was insane!

I thought the food in Vietnam was lovely, loved waking up to a pho every morning and I found the food so flavoursome. Thai food is great too but can be a bit heavy with all the coconut milk. Vietnam's a bit lighter (I didn't put on any weight after a month there so I was stoked) and fresher imo. Going to Cambodia later this year and curious as to what was so bad about the food?
Griggle +

Times thanked
<
They should have explained the challenges better, something like "In the first Masterchef season Zumbo's first challenge involved an 8 layer chocolate mousse cake with 5 unique layers, in the second Masterchef season he had them make his V8 cake with 8 different vanilla based layers, etc. etc." Then explain that the cake he was getting them to do was 12 layers and that this is by far the most technically demanding cake he has given as a challenge.

Then after that they could casually mention the professionals will get only 3 hours to complete the cake unlike in the normal Zumbo Masterchef challengers when they are typically given 4. A bit of perspective might have helped their viewers appreciate the difference between this and an amateur cooking show.

Yeah Zumbo also did the gingerbread house. Just found where they were hiding all his recipes on their website.

Actually talking about them is kinda psyching me up to trying to make them (fuck the wedding cake though ) His recipes are pretty well laid out so if you get them wrong I guess you can only blame yourself.
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

serious lulz here.

The challenges were all orders of magnitude higher than anything the original Masterchef challengers had to deal with, with drastically lower time limits and much more critical judging.

Just look at plating. In the original series most contestants took 10 - 15 minutes to plate a single dish. Most of the professional chefs were plating 3 plates in under a minute and having the food come out looking a million times better than most of the original series contestants managed.

Fuck, the winner of the original series was up for elimination pretty much every week and then just got through by cooking a home cooked meal every elimination test. She failed pretty much 100% of the challenges given her and just got through on her specialty. Meanwhile the only good cook in the competition made a single terrible dish and got eliminated right at the end. There is no comparison between the shows if you've ever worked in a commercial kitchen before.

Dunning Kruger effect imo. Most people watching the show don't know enough about cooking to even understand what is hard or easy.

<feauxcough>Iron chef</feauxcough>

Very defensive, are you one of the disguised failed Masterchef Professionals producers? The Mr "know it all and everyone is wrong apart from you".

We talking about the right show? The winner of this year's Masterchef Professional can definitely cook...but isn't this the same guy that doesn't have a clue on how to plate up his food???

I said half of the contestants could do better and I definitely didn't include the first series winner amongst them as she is utter crap. It doesn't matter if the only good cook in the competition made a single terrible dish...the point of the game is to not make the worst dish possible. And who knows had this 'good cook' of yours managed to stay in the competition, you can't guarantee that this cook won't serve up another terrible dish.
[Put Signature Here]
Griggle +

Times thanked
<
So now you are excluding 1/4 of the contestants (all contestants from Season 1) from your claim that 1/2 of the cooks in the original series are better cooks than any of the Professionals. So are you claiming that 37.5% of Masterchef contestants are better than any of the Professionals? Any further exemptions?

What's your basis of comparison? I've pointed out why I think it's impossible to accurately compare thanks to the difference of difficulty of the tasks given to them. There might be original series cooks who are better at cooking than the Professional contestants, but unless they get given tasks with similar difficulty or directly compete against each other in an All-Stars series how can we tell?

Care to explain why you think I'm wrong to have that opinion? Have you eaten any of their food? Or are you basing this entirely on your gut feeling after watching the edited footage?
sacamano +

Times thanked
<
Epic ending to the season. Get around the guys..
i am an alias +

fuzzbow

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,898 Times in 1,105 Posts
what happened?
RaVeR_SpIkE +

Times thanked
<
^ its on break
Tha Gooch +

wut wut

Times thanked
<
I think the finale to Masterchef Professionals was good

I wanted the girl to win, the two guys spoke like they just came off a cattle ranch - cringeworthy australian accents

Finally caught up with MKR, and the spaghetti debacle. I think the guy who asked for it, just shouldnt have, and then the judges questioned them using it when they started cooking it - i would have just sucked it up like a man and moved straight into the sudden death, jesus its not like you're going out of the comp completely
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Very defensive, are you one of the disguised failed Masterchef Professionals producers? The Mr "know it all and everyone is wrong apart from you".

We talking about the right show? The winner of this year's Masterchef Professional can definitely cook...but isn't this the same guy that doesn't have a clue on how to plate up his food???

I said half of the contestants could do better and I definitely didn't include the first series winner amongst them as she is utter crap. It doesn't matter if the only good cook in the competition made a single terrible dish...the point of the game is to not make the worst dish possible. And who knows had this 'good cook' of yours managed to stay in the competition, you can't guarantee that this cook won't serve up another terrible dish.

Quote:

So now you are excluding 1/4 of the contestants (all contestants from Season 1) from your claim that 1/2 of the cooks in the original series are better cooks than any of the Professionals. So are you claiming that 37.5% of Masterchef contestants are better than any of the Professionals? Any further exemptions?

What's your basis of comparison? I've pointed out why I think it's impossible to accurately compare thanks to the difference of difficulty of the tasks given to them. There might be original series cooks who are better at cooking than the Professional contestants, but unless they get given tasks with similar difficulty or directly compete against each other in an All-Stars series how can we tell?

Care to explain why you think I'm wrong to have that opinion? Have you eaten any of their food? Or are you basing this entirely on your gut feeling after watching the edited footage?

So...you either can't read or you like to make things up. I said I didn't include the FIRST SERIES WINNER...NOT first season contestants. Guess your feeling pretty stupid now with your stupid calculations

My basis of comparison is their natural ability. Its not rocket science that some of the technique, ideas, cooking skills, etc used in Masterchef Professional was below par and lacking some of the ability the original Masterchef contestants had. Yes, "only some" of the comparisons are difficult to compare, but their are other simple challenges you can easy work out its the same crap same difficulty level. Your saying 'every' challenge is hard to compare?

Explain what? Have you eaten any of their food? Or your basing this entirely on your gut feeling after watching the edited footage. See example below:

Quote:

So you saw the contesttants take 10-15mins and/or under a minute to plate up food? May I say no more.
[Put Signature Here]
Tha Gooch +

wut wut

Times thanked
<
so finally caught up on a weeks worth of this after the break

what can i say....

Kerry & Craig - you f*cking useless f*cks, I cant believe you cheated then got to sit in the 'safe' chairs. Kerry needs a good punch in the head

Josh & Andy - you were lucky to make it as far as you did. Didnt realise until they highlighted it, but Josh you are brain dead, seriously mate wtf are you doing!!

Jake & Elle - just f*ck off, seriously. Actually would probably give one to Elle but her brother is an absolute tit.

Sophia & Ashlee - get over yourselves. If i hear you moan on about being the only ones who can do asian again , im yet to see you branch out from vietnamese cuisine. Yet to see you do any Japanese or Thai or any asian with any kind of minimum skill required. Any twat with a big mouth can cook fried fish with chilli garlic on the side and some fucking rice - bitches pleeeaaase.

The 2 boys from Melbourne and teh healthy lads from Sydney seem to be the only ones who dont make me wanna kick over my tv. The fat hipsters from Perth arent too bad either i guess
RaVeR_SpIkE +

Times thanked
<
finally caught up with all this weeks episodes , i'm so over them asian bitches you see in these advertisements that they are going turn but yet they come back together i want too see them fight dam it ,
Spoiler:
but i think this going a massive change with them very soon
, that episode that they won was totally favoritism kind the same thing that happen with the princess from last season, hopefully it doesn't turn into the same result.
Tha Gooch +

wut wut

Times thanked
<
seriously when Sophia speaks watch her mouth, i only noticed this last night but her mouth twists to one side of her face, once you catch it you cant stop looking at it

(and of course someone else on the internet has thought the same thing and posted this):

Tha Gooch +

wut wut

Times thanked
<
RaVeR_SpIkE +

Times thanked
<
^ epic x 2
RaVeR_SpIkE +

Times thanked
<
I'm so over them them saying babes every fucking team , soon it be bitch bitch that would be epic
Tha Gooch +

wut wut

Times thanked
<
Tha Gooch +

wut wut

Times thanked
<
Villephant +

Can't see

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,468 Times in 763 Posts
I'm glad I am not the only one that thinks she is a retard
Villephant - 2014-02 It's still 2, it's still 2!
InfraDread - Lover's Jungle
KuRuPTeD +

you gonna get raped

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,458 Times in 624 Posts
that is fkn epic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruso View Post

That cock is glorious, for the record.

Quote:

Originally Posted by i am an alias View Post

i love flashing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

online features dont work when youve got no net connection

RaVeR_SpIkE +

Times thanked
<
^ agreed
Villephant +

Can't see

Times thanked
<
so they are trying to make it look like babes and babes are going home this week...
they will be missed by trolls everywhere
Villephant +

Can't see

Times thanked
<
"they are grown men, and they are choosing a vege burger over steak? they couldn't handle our steak!"
sure, whatever crazy lady
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Red X - page not found

What were/are those pics?

I just fucking hate that Asian bitches spacky mouth, she talks like a cow chewing its cud

SpamBot +

needs a bigger avatard

Times thanked
<
Most of them were taking the piss out of her mouth.
Villephant +

Can't see

Times thanked
<
so i hear (was out) sophia and ashlee are gone?
RaVeR_SpIkE +

Times thanked
<
just watched both episodes that ive missed , fuck yeah them fucking asian , fuckwit bitches are finally out omfg its about fucking time, i'm so glad we don't have to hear babe every 5 seconds of every episode now, apart from this sunday with come back kitchen , babe this & babe that , i know its a word my fiancee calls me but omfg they have used use the word it maximum , when i saw tuesday nights episode fuck yeah in your faces, you totally had the power and fucked it up and now your fucking out.

didn't agree with last nights episode through, will be interesting how This Sunday goes, Hope them bitches crash and burn.
Griggle +

Times thanked
<
Lol, you know they are getting another chance, right?

I will laugh so had if they win, simply because I'll know how hard millions of people will be raging.
RaVeR_SpIkE +

Times thanked
<
of what i saw at the end of the preview, they started crying
RaVeR_SpIkE +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Lol, you know they are getting another chance, right?

I will laugh so had if they win, simply because I'll know how hard millions of people will be raging.

yeah I i know and i hope they fuck it up
Villephant +

Can't see

Times thanked
<
i laughed hard at the reaction of the italians... one of them jumped up and down when they announced mick and matt won
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
So did I! Fucking hate those stupid bitches

RaVeR_SpIkE +

Times thanked
<
so they are fucked finally out about time
mliro +

Charlie sheen...

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,517 Times in 1,294 Posts
i dont watch MKR however turned it over for a few minutes last night and there was a guy on it that was a dead ringer for mr levenstein

Quote:

Originally Posted by i am an alias View Post

mlirosi brought forth mugs.

Page 2 of 3

« Previous Thread Next Thread »