has got more flavour than a packet of macaroni

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,493 Times in 2,394 Posts
Homeland: TV series
US: Sunday 9pm on Showtime
AU: Monday 8:30pm on Ten

Previous thread: http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/sho...d.php?t=297386

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this is back?!

Kinda came out of nowhere. Will be interesting to see where they take it

Last edited by Gruso: 17-Oct-13 at 05:00pm

Reason: season split

watsakerring +

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,317 Posts
Season 3 starts on September 29... it's only a shitty version of the season premiere that's leaked.
daveyjaye +

has got more flavour than a packet of macaroni

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,493 Times in 2,394 Posts
Ahhhh fair enough. Was in HD? But there were a couple of glitches that made me laugh (voice over dub and a weird watermark)

I'll continue watching. But they better do some cool shit with Quinn
Velociravetor +

Open the door, get on the floor, everybody do the dinosaur!

Times thanked
<
First episode is out, not too bad, have high hopes from the season finale.

Quote:

"There is nothing more important on the planet Earth, at this moment, than a good party. Why? 'Cause we have fun. We meet our friends. We fall in love, we fall out of love. We find ourselves. We develop, we evolve, we dissolve, we merge and we "lyserge." That's about it." - Raja Ram

midian +

'yeah, nah, go f**k yourself, I am the King of the Mods and I am the Decider. There can be only One. And.... go f**k yourself.'

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,801 Times in 1,123 Posts
I wanted to like the S3 opener but in the end I struggled. I know they’re setting up the characters for the season but you’d think after such a huge event they’d be jumping straight in to the manhunt, which would be massive, rather than spending an hour having Carrie derail off her meds yet again.

I do like Saul and I had a feeling at the end of last season that they'd try and pin the blame on Carrie. The interesting thing for me is Dal as his new #2 and whether he’s actually this seasons primary antagonist or whether it’s this magician guy from Iran.

Also FFS do not want any more Dana storylines, she was tedious as shit in S1 and S2 and the last thing the show needs is her having a major plot angle for S3. Ugh.
legless +

MaryLewd

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,639 Times in 786 Posts
Yeh, was pretty bored with that ep. Dana is just fucked, utterly painful to watch and I don't know if I can handle much more of Carrie's eyebrows. Saul has a job ahead of him keeping this show appealing, he's all it currently has going for it. Brody better bring the pain.
I’m a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women, and breakfast food.
ABitPatchy +

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,550 Times in 1,587 Posts
How anyone can watch Claire Daines pull Walter Jnr faces for an entire episode is beyond me.

This show is an atrocity.
CAT API
jarrardscott +

I start arguments then blame everyone else, and now I have this shitty My Little Pony icon

Times thanked
<
Thanked 5,000 Times in 2,101 Posts
can we please use spoiler tags in this thread?
jarrardscott +

I start arguments then blame everyone else, and now I have this shitty My Little Pony icon

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABitPatchy View Post

How anyone can watch Claire Daines pull Walter Jnr faces for an entire episode is beyond me.

This show is an atrocity.

You have a thing about going into tv show threads you dislike just to let everyone know you dont like it.

i dont think people care.
midian +

'yeah, nah, go f**k yourself, I am the King of the Mods and I am the Decider. There can be only One. And.... go f**k yourself.'

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

can we please use spoiler tags in this thread?

Show was on Channel 10 last night, anyone who is worried about having it spoiled shouldn't be reading a thread the about it day after it was aired on national TV.

Short answer: no.
jarrardscott +

Times thanked
<
dude, its a general rule in all tv threads in this forum you derp
Zodiac +

What do you mean we aren't going to the Superbowl?

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,335 Times in 1,825 Posts
Shit... is this back? Nice.
"Words are bullshit. They are just useless sounds we make with our stupid mouths". Rafi - The league
jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,490 Times in 1,490 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by midian View Post

Show was on Channel 10 last night, anyone who is worried about having it spoiled shouldn't be reading a thread the about it day after it was aired on national TV.

Short answer: no.

until a mod from this forum says so, i think its short answer yes
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." John Stuart Mill
midian +

Times thanked
<
Fair enough, but it's such a dumb rule for something that's been on TV the night before. Why would anyone with common sense go in to a thread when they haven't seen it yet?
watsakerring +

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Times thanked
<
If something has aired on FTA TV there's no need for spoiler tags.

The season opener didn't really grab me at all... I think I might save this show until I can binge on the whole season.
watsakerring +

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Times thanked
<

Quote:

dude, its a general rule in all tv threads in this forum you derp

So you use spoiler tags in the Big Brother thread?

No, because it's aired on FTA TV.
jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
<
fuck off can you seriously
why does this happen every time, no wonder people get the shits here when two forum mods from other forums dont even know the rules
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." John Stuart Mill
watsakerring +

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdoodle View Post

fuck off can you seriously
why does this happen every time, no wonder people get the shits here when two forum mods from other forums dont even know the rules

Show me where it says that shows should be spoiler tagged even after they've aired on TV? All the rule currently says is "Please be courteous and respectful of others" which can be interpreted in a thousand different ways. Also, the general consensus of the thread that was asking everyone their opinion on the matter (which was actually initiated by ME wanting to clarify the rules about spoilers) was that once something had aired on FTA it was fair game. Just like sport, just like big brother.

On every forum I've ever seen, once the show has aired on local FTA it's fair game. Why should we be different?
jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
<
why not ask one of the mods you spoon and stop fucking up this thread with your shit
jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
<
http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/sho...d.php?t=316230
watsakerring +

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Times thanked
<
Spoiler:
silvaside +

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,840 Times in 877 Posts
Where do I sign up for spoonage?
watsakerring +

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Times thanked
<
I'd totes fork you
wheelo007 +

Registered Offhander

Times thanked
<
**Spoiler alert**
Dana will convert and become a muslim like Daddy. Nobody will care.
Saul and big-nose will have an old man fight. Big nose will be cast into the Sarlacc pit for losing.
On the point of noses, Brody will breathe exceptionally heavily through his nose. This will be construed as an act of terrorism.
America win.

If I'm wrong I'll eat Saul's mangy hat.
https://soundcloud.com/presidentbird
Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Times thanked
<
Thanked 5,918 Times in 3,420 Posts
How fucked was the council guy 'what are you smoking?' get fucked he would act like that

Midian you mentioned common sense. This is jarrard we're talking about here lol

Also make a new Homeland season 3 thread and state it's spoiler free once the fta episode has aired. Simple solution.
little_brad +

Times thanked
<
Thanked 4,997 Times in 2,426 Posts
Fuck I hope Dana dies soon
midian +

Times thanked
<
Same, she shits me to tears.

The big question so far is if Quinn is going to go rogue. It’s starting to look that way… Could be an interesting plot angle, especially if (my current theory) that his boss (Dar) is far more involved in things than appears so far.
midian +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheelo007 View Post

**Spoiler alert**

Looking possible after last night!
legless +

MaryLewd

Times thanked
<
Yep this Dana thing is hard to watch, the blossoming romance etc, who gives a fuck? Terrible shit. Needs more Quinn, Saul and Brody.
Dr Bones +

Gail's in Mensa. She reads books. For fun!

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,113 Times in 743 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheelo007 View Post

**Spoiler alert**

Quote:

Originally Posted by kzzy View Post

The music that I push in my opinion is probably a bit too mature for someone who listens to "Trance" but hey, we all have to start somewhere?

midian +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by legless View Post

Yep this Dana thing is hard to watch, the blossoming romance etc, who gives a fuck? Terrible shit. Needs more Quinn, Saul and Brody.

I have a terrible feeling that the storyline will end with something like the boyfriend is actually a CIA recruit planted to infiltrate the family to find/kill Brody, or some crap like that
legless +

MaryLewd

Times thanked
<
The mental institution guy is actually the Irani bomber mastermind and he's turned Dana.
midian +

Times thanked
<
wheelo007 +

Registered Offhander

Times thanked
<
Nah, he's a young CIA NOC. He's a plant to see if daddy contacts her, becuase the CIA know that Brody's favourite person in the world is his daughter. God knows why, she's a terrible person.
I have another prediction for this season. Brody Jr (or whatever that kid's name is) will not have any lines, again, for the 3rd season running. Honestly, it would be cheaper to replace him with a nice Vase or a comfortable chair for someone to sit on.
Dr Bones +

Times thanked
<
Not sure how I feel about this whole "Carrie''s off her meds and a crazy woman" story line again.

Quote:

The music that I push in my opinion is probably a bit too mature for someone who listens to "Trance" but hey, we all have to start somewhere?

dart +

marching up and down the square

Times thanked
<
kinda enjoyed the first episode, gave me enough to keep going (plus i watch NFL on OneHD and they show the homeland ads about a million times so it's pretty hard for the urge to watch it not to sink in)

started episode 2, it felt a bit familiar with carrie off her meds, being treated badly by the CIA, having a freakout, going crazy, we've all seen this before. .

then it got to the bit where dana started to feature and that was as much as i could handle.. . . . zzzzzzz. . . .

someone needs to provide an edit version of homeland with no dana, like the star wars episode where someone edited out jar jar binks.

will get back to it eventually, but right now it's fallen off the "must watch as soon as available" list.
Full Frequency Wednesdays on RTR FM 92.1 ~ www.rtrfm.com.au

www.inthemix.com.au/forum ~ known troublemaker
Derelict +

Times thanked
<
Was anybody else egging on Dana to off herself?

How fucked up is the whole mental hospital being chained up against your will business. This is 2013 ffs. Also fucking scumbag Americans chastising that poor girl just because of her head scarf. Religion is fucking bullshit but she has CIA level security clearance she's obviously ALRIGHT FFS.
Music is the best drug.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

PM derelict for manual labour shit

Dr Bones +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derelict View Post

How fucked up is the whole mental hospital being chained up against your will business. This is 2013 ffs.

It goes a little bit deeper than that, I think you'll find.

Seriously, the only reason Dana's plot line was ever interesting was because it's so intertwined with Jessica's, and Jessica used to regularly get her baps out.

Quote:

legless +

MaryLewd

Times thanked
<
Turbo milf
midian +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Also fucking scumbag Americans chastising that poor girl just because of her head scarf. Religion is fucking bullshit but she has CIA level security clearance she's obviously ALRIGHT FFS.

I actually think that was one of the more interesting plot angles of the episode. You have to take into account that 200+ of his colleagues just died to terrorists, so of course they’re angry at all of "them", and Saul did mention that it was her right to wear it. Plus there’s no doubt been a global wave of Islamophobia over the past decade, so the show adding it is just a reflection of modern society.

Perhaps the point the writers are trying to make is everyone was prejudiced against her to start with because of her racial and religious profile yet she ends up being instrumental in bringing down this seasons antagonist, dismantling the stereotype.
legless +

MaryLewd

Times thanked
<
Either that or she's in league with the Irani mastermind in the mental institution dundundundun
Derelict +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by midian View Post

I actually think that was one of the more interesting plot angles of the episode. You have to take into account that 200+ of his colleagues just died to terrorists, so of course they’re angry at all of "them", and Saul did mention that it was her right to wear it. Plus there’s no doubt been a global wave of Islamophobia over the past decade, so the show adding it is just a reflection of modern society.

Perhaps the point the writers are trying to make is everyone was prejudiced against her to start with because of her racial and religious profile yet she ends up being instrumental in bringing down this seasons antagonist, dismantling the stereotype.

I was more referring to the bankers, but yeah I get the point the writers are trying to make. They basically threw a brick at my head that had the point written on it. This show is good at doing that.
Dr Bones +

Times thanked
<
Dude, this show is fucking rife with both blatant and not-so-blatant examples of ant-Muslim sentiment. What about last season when Nazir met with the leader of Hezbollah?

Quote:

wheelo007 +

Registered Offhander

Times thanked
<

Quote:

How fucked up is the whole mental hospital being chained up against your will business. This is 2013 ffs. .

It doesn't happen like that in real life.
I specialised in forensics, so worked in secure psychiatric units for a few years in both the UK and Australia and know that it's very similar in America, though the legislation is slightly different.
Firstly, the police have legislative sections that they can detain you under, if you're viewed to be a risk of harm to yourself or others. This doesn't require documentation like that which they gave her. It can be determined pretty much on the spot. Usually it's evaluated at the time, by the police, on initial assessment rather than because a friend or colleague notified the police.
Secondly, once detained, usually for between 24 -96 hours, depending on the country, you're assessed by a Psychiatrist and usually as part of a ward-round discussion in conjunction with a Psychologist, a Senior Nurse and possibly an Occupational Therapist. Not a judge. They don't have the ability to determine psychiatric health. Psychiatrists are delegated authority by the state or local health service as having the ability, given their qualification.
Thirdly, mental health detention doesn't involve handcuffs once in a psychiatric ward, nor would there hospital trolleys such that she was handcuffed to. If someone is an acute high risk of harm, they'd be placed in a seclusion room with nice soft walls and flooring where they can be monitored and kept safe. Usually, patients don't get restrained in the way she was for administration of anti-psychotics either. I used to have to restrain patients for this purpose and people aren't strapped to beds. They're gently restrained by several staff to reduce the risk of injury from resisting. Again though, this isn't as likely to occur at all for non-psychotic patients. She's apparently suffering from a manic episode, which wouldn't constitute grounds for heavy sedation and restraint.
In real life, it's pretty fascinating to see what someone looks and behaves like when heavily sedated and on high dose of anti-psychotics. We're talking 3-4 days of shuffling like a zombie, OUT of it.
Lastly, as a stickler for realism, there's no way there'd be a seat in such good condition as the one she's slouching around in at the end of that episode. Would be torn apart, covered in cigarette burns and coffee stains and some delusional old woman would be in the foetal position on it (probably trying to do a poo)
Derelict +

Times thanked
<
Oh I know all this. Hence my statement, I was commenting on how ridiculous it all is in the show.
emskina +

StKE

Times thanked
<
Last season was arse and so far this season isn't looking much better IMO. Claire Danes' crying face makes me want to stab her, I can't understand how she keeps winning awards for this performance.
Derelict +

Times thanked
<
She is 'emotive'
Dr Bones +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by emskina View Post

Last season was arse and so far this season isn't looking much better IMO. Claire Danes' crying face makes me want to stab her, I can't understand how she keeps winning awards for this performance.

Mate of mine said this about Danes' acting: "I can't tell whether Claire Danes is a really shit actor who is also a crazy person, or really good at playing a crazy person."

That about sums it up.

Quote:

jarrardscott +

Times thanked
<
you're friends an idiot if he doesnt see that she's just really good at playing a crazy person

i wonder when the loud nose breathing is going to come back

why are you guys disecting the show against reality so much and being so critical of it? its not like its a true story ffs
watsakerring +

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Times thanked
<

Quote:

you're friends an idiot

*Your

*friend's

« Previous Thread Next Thread »