The DJ Booth

Ecler - Old and New - Nuo 4 comparison to 4.0 (or "point oh" series)...

Tools
brendanClay +

"Bruno"

Times thanked
<
Ecler - Old and New - Nuo 4 comparison to 4.0 (or "point oh" series)...
Top of the morning, all.

I have an Ecler Nuo 4, which I was contemplating selling for one of the newer models. Perhaps not now though.

I have been advised by a reputable source - a DJ Warehouse manager who has had a lot of experience on the subject - that the newer range Ecler mixers, e.g. the "point oh" series and the EVO series lack the build and sound quality of the older units.

He wrote, "...the old ones that we had were great, much better than the current production runs, like so many good brands they have cut costs and they don't sound and feel as good as what the one that you've bought will have when it comes to that.

At the end of the run we noticed a lot of changes, even their Evo series mixers which are their premium options were crapping out and they had poor support for them.

If anyone wants to buy it from you then totally should get the older ones - they're great."

Has anyone had any experience with the newer range, having played with the older range and noticed any drastic difference?
BrendanClay.com | AtticSydney.com | SoundOfSPOiLT.com

> Soundcloud

Upcoming:

2017 | Attic

> Gigatools
stubs +

0.o

Times thanked
<
I had the Nuo 5 for about 2 years and it was a beast - both sound quality and build.

Should never have sold that puppy.

I've had a play witht he Evo series and they seem alright to me but having said that a 'play' is no more than 4 hours in total.
Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Times thanked
<
Thanked 4,528 Times in 1,493 Posts
I have an Nuo 5 I bought off someone on ITM, can't remember who I bought it off though.. but I love the thing!
trancemuppet +

muppets everywhere.....

Times thanked
<
Me too. Got the Nuo 5 2nd hand and it is awesome. Haven't played any of the new mixers though.
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
bradj88 +

Times thanked
<
Is Ecler still making DJ mixers?
bradj88 +

Times thanked
<
Actually don't worry I found this from another forum - http://www.wavemusic.com/community/s...ad.php?t=12912

Quote:

So I just mailed the distributor of the Netherlands, and they responded saying something the likes of this (translated):

"Due to a change in the DJ scene in which DJ mixer functions are taken over by computer software, a mixer remains but an empty box filled with midi controls. Sound quality is then determined not by the mixer but by the sound card. One of Ecler's greatest strengths is its sound quality, so to stay different to competition is very difficult.

Ecler saw this change in the DJ scene coming and shifted its attention to a place that still needs quality: products that cater to the installation and audiovisual branch. Think pubs, restaurants, ceiling loudspeakers, zone amplifiers etc. We make a digital mixer that can be controlled by in-wall control panels, touchscreens and even web browsers. So there is definitely innovation at Ecler, but not in the DJ department."

He then said:

"To be honest, I don't think Ecler will be launching a new or innovative mixer. The current mixers will be continued to fill the needs of the analogue market. Ecler is very succesful in the installation business, so that's where all the attention goes"

so, kind of what I expected really. Good to hear that they're not out of business or anything. I'll probably stick with Ecler, I really like their mixers

« Previous Thread Next Thread »