Federal politics - Release the Turnbull

Page 16 of 16
  Tools
liberabit +

One of these days you'll wake up dead

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,099 Times in 1,923 Posts
but at least MT will have the votes of "well over a million Australians who have an investment property" who totally agree with his common sense that Labor's "unjust and ill-thought out and reckless" plan will totally destroy the housing market for generations to come. I mean, "even if they were positively geared ... if for whatever reason they suffered a net rental loss they'd have to cover it out of their after-tax income, so that is a very big risk" and we all know investors shouldn't suffer losses no matter where they put their $
This is no love song and it serves no use, but if you want to sing along to some verbal abuse
It might make you feel better and it's good for the soul, take four letters and let's rock n roll
horst +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bracko View Post

In opposition, I agree he was a disaster.

NBN, I'm hesitant to pass judgement. The NBN under the LIB was never about solutions, better cheaper faster, it was pure ideology of wrecking any legacy labor had. I honestly don't think I was up to Turnbull what happened. This is a guy that can run major projects and businesses. The (expensive) joke the NBN has turned into has career politician (Abbott and or advisors) all over it.

That was my gut feeling, that Turnbull was wedged into the NBN clusterfuck, but it is also perfectly feasible that he was the primary architect, and that his confidence in proceeding with ruining it came from being involved in ozemail, just enough knowledge to make decisions but not enough to know they are the wrong ones. forgetting that he is actually just the lawyer.

So he is the Prime Minister now, he doesn't have to say anything that he doesn't believe in, so why does he hang himself onto the negative gearing horse? seems odd considering that it is obviously galloping the other way. It is positively Godwin Gretchian.
Reminds me of the the thing attributed to Keating, about Turnbull being: 1.brilliant 2.fearless but not to worry because he lacked judgement.
liberabit +

Times thanked
<
at least with everyone talking about the NBN and neg. gearing it's stopping everyone from wondering why Lib party members aren't showing up to the senate enquiry into party fund raising

but I guess we don't need Sinodinos to show up to know that he won't remember anything
This is no love song and it serves no use, but if you want to sing along to some verbal abuse
It might make you feel better and it's good for the soul, take four letters and let's rock n roll
horst +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by liberabit View Post

at least with everyone talking about the NBN and neg. gearing it's stopping everyone from wondering why Lib party members aren't showing up to the senate enquiry into party fund raising

but I guess we don't need Sinodinos to show up to know that he won't remember anything

He's the new Mal Brough, 'how is this guy not in Jail, much less still in Parliament'
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,844 Times in 1,176 Posts

Quote:

In opposition, I agree he was a disaster.

NBN, I'm hesitant to pass judgement. The NBN under the LIB was never about solutions, better cheaper faster, it was pure ideology of wrecking any legacy labor had. I honestly don't think I was up to Turnbull what happened. This is a guy that can run major projects and businesses. The (expensive) joke the NBN has turned into has career politician (Abbott and or advisors) all over it.

Hmmn, what has he said since that makes you think that he will reverse the course of the NBN if re-elected. He's still barrelling forward with this expensive, piece of shit, low-tech infrastructure as far as I can see.
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
<
Turnbull warns Labor's ETS will destroy jobs

How very Tony Abbott of him. As I said a few posts back: he has no principles, he's only in it for himself.
liberabit +

Times thanked
<
just to make it clear why the Libs are still supporting neg gearing, check out the table in this article listing the 10 electorates who claim the largest losses via it.
smorchika +

Times thanked
<
This is brilliant. Well done that guy.
7.30 interview with Leigh Sales...
http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2015/s4450761.htm
liberabit +

Times thanked
<
before we start despairing too much at Aussie politics, at least we seem to have a higher quality of pollies than are in the Philippine presidential race
big eddie +

Got soju?

Times thanked
<
Thanked 17,049 Times in 7,537 Posts

Quote:

before we start despairing too much at Aussie politics, at least we seem to have a higher quality of pollies than are in the Philippine presidential race

It seems crass, but people from Mindanao love Duterte. It was an incredibly violent and unsafe place during the Marcos years, they still cop the brunt of most of the terrorist attacks, but Davao in particular is quite safe as far as the Philippines are concerned.

It's hard to apply a western lens to law and order in a place as corrupt as the Philippines imo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotamangina View Post

I hate it when you're right and I'm not.

horst +

Times thanked
<
Aces!

http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2016/s4451232.htm

MARK COLVIN:...So what's the story with this school? He was going back to his school on Friday, this... How did this unravel itself?

PETER LLOYD: Well this morning I learned that there was a planned visit on Friday, which was one of the two days set down for this Senate inquiry.

On Friday, instead of being in Canberra on standby potentially go to that inquiry again on day two, Arthur Sinodinos had planned for himself a media visit to his old primary school in Newcastle.

It's no ordinary place, it's a centenary of Newcastle East's existence. Two hundred years of education - Australia's oldest school. They've been having a real marquee year with lots of visitors and guests, and Arthur Sinodinos invited himself, I'm told last night, to attend the school on Friday and give 12-year-old boys and girls a lecture on the processes of democracy. That is the quote I was given.

MARK COLVIN: Maybe they should just travel up to Canberra and watch the inquiry.

(Laughter)

That's the process of democracy.

PETER LLOYD: Well unfortunately, the processes of democracy hit a train wreck this afternoon for Arthur Sinodinos, because when the school found out that we were doing the story, alarm bells went off at headquarters in Sydney.

Arthur Sinodinos had a phone call, it was made very clear that the school no longer wanted to be part of what they saw was a politicisation of their golden anniversary, and they felt that they'd been involved in what they called a 'stunt'.

That trip has now been called off, Arthur's not going back to his old primary school, and he has got a date with a committee that he won't be attending tomorrow.
Bracko +

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,799 Times in 1,577 Posts
and now the circle of life is now complete.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politi...28-gogw9z.html
step on my cubes.
smorchika +

Times thanked
<
Really, truely, this is why I stopped following all this stuff bevause the depths they plumb is just beyond incomprehensible.

http://www.theguardian.com/australia...on?CMP=soc_567

Quote:

Malcolm Turnbull has again rejected an offer from New Zealand to take 150 refugees from Australia’s offshore detention centres saying: “Settlement in a country like New Zealand would be used by the people smugglers as a marketing opportunity.”

Both Turnbull and immigration minister, Peter Dutton, have couched the debate in terms of national security.

“We can’t afford to let the empathy that we feel for the desperate circumstances many people find themselves in to cloud our judgement,” Turnbull told radio station 3AW on Friday morning.

“Our national security has to come first.”

Speaking to the ABC on Wednesday, Dutton said national security was an important issue “particularly in this day and age” and, “we’re going to make sure that our borders remain secure so that we can keep our community in Australia as safe as possible."

Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
<
So what's this election about? It's about the future right?

"Electricity tax" "Housing tax" "Stop the asylum seekers" (How long before the "debt & deficit disaster" and
"budget emergency" mewling begins from the LNP?)

Oh, so, not so much about the future. We are re-running the 2010/2013 election/s.

Malcolm Turnbull: so kind and progressive and eloquent and non-slogany. Pffffft! My head fucking hurts.
Bracko +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geezah View Post

Hmmn, what has he said since that makes you think that he will reverse the course of the NBN if re-elected. He's still barrelling forward with this expensive, piece of shit, low-tech infrastructure as far as I can see.

He won't. But it's down to the ideology of the LIB right and ensuring ALP can never say "it took you 3 years to decide we were right".

It doesn't mean he believes it.
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
<

Quote:

He won't. But it's down to the ideology of the LIB right and ensuring ALP can never say "it took you 3 years to decide we were right".

It doesn't mean he believes it.

You're making excuses for him. He's the fucking Prime Minister of this country ffs. If he doesn't believe it then he should either say so or he should never have gone for the leadership in the first place. And if he doesn't believe it then what does that say about him? That he's willing to fuck up one of the biggest & most important infrastructure projects in generations so that he can remain leader/PM? It's a disgrace. He's a disgrace. Any progressive that votes for him and his government is retarded.
Bracko +

Times thanked
<
Agree on all counts. First though, he is not the Prime Minister, he is the leader of the Right who is viewed with distrust or contempt by half his party. The only reason there isn't a bloodbath is because the party still lead the polls.

if it were the other way around, he would have been gone last Feb.
step on my cubes.
SoulWhiteMan +

is on the national broadband network

Times thanked
<

Quote:

My view of the Libs dismantling the NBN was to keep foxtel relevant for a few more years.
SoulWhiteMan +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

My view of them gutting the NBN was to keep foxtel relevant for a few more years
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoulWhiteMan View Post

My view of them gutting the NBN was to keep foxtel relevant for a few more years

Maybe. If so, it says even more about Turnbull as a person and politician that he'd wreck infrastructure in favour of a corporation.

---

Turnbull is going full negative at the moment. His attack on the ALP's meagre climate change policy makes me wanna vomit.
SoulWhiteMan +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Maybe. If so, it says even more about Turnbull as a person and politician that he'd wreck infrastructure in favour of a corporation.

---

Turnbull is going full negative at the moment. His attack on the ALP's meagre climate change policy makes me wanna vomit.

Sabotaging it on purpose is the only thing that makes any sense at all; I can't see a former CEO of gold man Sachs doing that in the face of all the business and wider community saying it was a good thing..
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
<
It's a reason but fuck me, sabotaging one of the most important pieces of infrastructure in decades at all, let alone for Foxtel, is diabolical.
SoulWhiteMan +

Times thanked
<
Yeah but we don't work for Murdoch though..
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,172 Posts
u niggas finna vote July 2?

I'm sort of hoping for a hung parly because it will be a lot less retarded with Tolan out of the picture and we live in a craycray world so might as well keep it 1 hunnet on the domestic.

Maybe co-Prime Ministers Turnbull and Shorten can form a war cabinet when President Trump invades.
Listen to your friend Cheely Zane
He is a cool guy...
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
<
I don't know what language that 1st sentence is in Cheel. It looks like English, it sort of reads like it, but I cannae understand it Capt'n.
DANCINGDI +

Times thanked
<
^^ Look at the time
Originally Posted by Blinky-Live-

BAHAHA, you sir - are a twit, have you ever met Di?

She celebrated the invention of the wheel by going clubbing
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
<
^ scuse me but I only got home from work at 1.30am

but yes I'd had a few drinks

to translate, is everyone ready to attend a polling booth and have their name marked off on July 2?
Listen to your friend Cheely Zane
He is a cool guy...
Bracko +

Times thanked
<
The issue with a hung parliament is that Abbott and his murder of ****s will go full retard and then we're back to daily debates on leadership.

Corey, minister of idiots is already off the leash.
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
<
@Di - ha ha ha! I missed that. Sleuth awareness ftw. Fantastic work Cheel.

@Cheel - sorry mate, big respect for pulling a late night special. Because I do that less these days, I am less fluent in drunk-bastardese. It's a dying language on these forums. It's also a lost art but I am happy to see you are keeping hope alive. You gotta keep hope alive.

And yes I'm ready to vote but unfortunately I think Turnbull & the Coalition will be returned and as I keep saying, Turnbull's a Turdbomb (hey everyone did you see what I did there? pretty good ay? ay? Nah? Fuck yas)

@Bracko - I don't think it'll be a hung parliament. Think the Coalition will have a slight majority but it will be interesting to see how the Senate turns out. I can imagine it'll be hostile again. That, coupled with a small majority in the lower house might be a blessing for Turdbomb (I did it again people, I am winning so hard). It would be great to see the delcons (deluded conservatives for those not up to date with the lingua franca) go full retard.
liberabit +

Times thanked
<
well I'm glad the Liberal party unity lasted so long into the campaign, just ask Peter Hendy
big eddie +

Got soju?

Times thanked
<
Thanked 17,049 Times in 7,537 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheelWinston View Post

u niggas finna vote July 2?

I'm sort of hoping for a hung parly because it will be a lot less retarded with Tolan out of the picture and we live in a craycray world so might as well keep it 1 hunnet on the domestic.

Maybe co-Prime Ministers Turnbull and Shorten can form a war cabinet when President Trump invades.

The ideal scenario for Labor here is narrow coalition victory with no clear balance of power in the senate.

The economic headwinds are growing, the commodities crash will continue and woe betide whoever is in Government when the housing market finally topples over (it's already on its way, just not into full decline yet)

tl;dr probably a good one to lose.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotamangina View Post

I hate it when you're right and I'm not.

Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by big eddie View Post

The ideal scenario for Labor here is narrow coalition victory with no clear balance of power in the senate.

The economic headwinds are growing, the commodities crash will continue and woe betide whoever is in Government when the housing market finally topples over (it's already on its way, just not into full decline yet)

tl;dr probably a good one to lose.

Not if you think the NBN (also climate change policy) is important (although the ALP's vacillation in what they'll do on the NBN if elected is very concerning I have to say).

edit: that's the royal "you" being used btw
DANCINGDI +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Not if you think the NBN (also climate change policy) is important (although the ALP's vacillation in what they'll do on the NBN if elected is very concerning I have to say).

Bowen mentioned the NBN multiple times in his press club gig. I'm hopeful. Wouldn't be hard now to be better particularly as there is a better, cheaper way to deliver fibre now and Malcolm seems to be ignoring it.

DANCINGDI +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Bowen mentioned the NBN multiple times in his press club gig. I'm hopeful. Wouldn't be hard now to be better particularly as there is a better, cheaper way to deliver fibre now and Malcolm seems to be ignoring it.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politi...02-gn8cj3.html

Btw Watching the press club and I got to see where all those people fired from Fairfax ended up

liberabit +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by big eddie View Post

It seems crass, but people from Mindanao love Duterte. It was an incredibly violent and unsafe place during the Marcos years, they still cop the brunt of most of the terrorist attacks, but Davao in particular is quite safe as far as the Philippines are concerned.

It's hard to apply a western lens to law and order in a place as corrupt as the Philippines imo.

well the people form Mindanao got what they wanted, Duterte has claimed victory
liberabit +

Times thanked
<
perfect timing for Turnball to be named in the Panama Papers

what's getting me is how someone can be the director of the company and yet have no idea about what it's doing. seriously, what is it a company director is meant to do?

Quote:

Mr Turnbull's spokesman said Mr Turnbull was not aware that the company had been administered by Mossack Fonseca. Responding to allegations that Star Technologies had made donations to Russian politicians the spokesman said Mr Turnbull was not aware of any payments to political parties or politicians made by Star during or prior to his time as director.

-ed-
tried to see what I could find regarding Star Technologies and Russia, the only thing that came up was this

Last edited by liberabit: 12-May-16 at 09:50am

DANCINGDI +

Times thanked
<
They are saying he did nothing wrong, but it's great timing to remind the punters where he comes from.

liberabit +

Times thanked
<
and now lawyers are advising that the LNP's PaTH program (you know, the pay some kids $4 an hour one) may breach minimum wage standards
Mickstah +

"Science needs to be applied to beds"

Times thanked
<
Thanked 4,159 Times in 1,819 Posts
I was wondering when his name would show up.
ಥ_ಥ - - - - - - - - - - - -ಠ_

"She was like a candle in the wind... unreliable."
Dean Learner
Trase Love:
O Mick you are so cool
More cooler than a dolphin
Let's hug me

CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
<
AFP raids offices of Conroy, home of Labor staffer in relation to leaks on the NBN while Turnbull was Comms minister.

What's it about? It seems way too blatant to be a govt swifty during the election campaign.

Can't wait to see what the Tele photoshoppers can whip up tho
horst +

Times thanked
<
yeah odd, the most impact this will have is as a reminder of what a fuck up the NBN is, courtesy of Turnbull.
horst +

Times thanked
<
And so it came to pass

http://m.smh.com.au/federal-politics...20-gozkqh.html
liberabit +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

...rollout that was supposed to be cheaper, faster, and better than the full fibre-to-the-nerd Labor model...

not sure if intentional or not
DANCINGDI +

Times thanked
<
It has been there for a good while so maybe intentional?? Good one

Bracko +

Times thanked
<
of course it's intentional. the newsroom would have been in stitches and proud at how millennial they were being.
step on my cubes.
DANCINGDI +

Times thanked
<
He's Malsplaining again

liberabit +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by DANCINGDI View Post

He's Malsplaining again

well, it's easier than answering the actual question
Bracko +

Times thanked
<
P.s. There is a #auspol on slack.
Page 16 of 16

« Previous Thread Next Thread »