EDM, Trance and Hard Dance

Under Age Raves and Dance Events

Page 1 of 3
  Tools
SaSsYcHiC +

Times thanked
<
Under Age Raves and Dance Events
im interested in others opinions on all age events.

So does it bother you that some raves and dance events are all ages?

Do you think that they should be 18+ like night clubs?

I dont even understand how such events even came to be all ages...?
HAKS +

Cycling Central

Times thanked
<
to be honest it doesn't really bother me. I'd rather be at an event with 5000+ ppl and them be of all ages then it be 18+ and place seem empty all night. I think its just something you have to accept in the hardcore scene. Trance on the other hand i guess i'm use to 18+ so like it to stay that way.
H2X
MsTrickyTricky +

Mess / Jess

Times thanked
<
Good thread Sassy!

Nearly every rave I have ever been to has been all ages; it wasn’t until the last Transmission (Magic City) that I went to an 18+ event

When I first started out seeing 15 year olds running around off their heads was really confronting and rather scary, but then again when I was that age I didn’t know this world existed so you can understand my shock. Especially when I had kiddies running up to talk to me saying so proudly that they had been to “x” amount of raves and had “x” amount of this and that

These days the under 18 kiddies don’t bother me at all; if anything they add a certain “energy” to any event. Most of the echilders/kandi kids are there for the same reason as us, to listen to some good music and spend time with their friends. I still don’t like seeing 15 years olds running around in a state but you get 18+ people doing the same thing

I don’t think raves should be 18+ but I think as older ravers we should look out for those younger than us (even if they have been to “x” more raves and had “x” more amounts of this and that)
SaSsYcHiC +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsTrickyTricky

Good thread Sassy!

Nearly every rave I have ever been to has been all ages; it wasn’t until the last Transmission (Magic City) that I went to an 18+ event

When I first started out seeing 15 year olds running around off their heads was really confronting and rather scary, but then again when I was that age I didn’t know this world existed so you can understand my shock. Especially when I had kiddies running up to talk to me saying so proudly that they had been to “x” amount of raves and had “x” amount of this and that

These days the under 18 kiddies don’t bother me at all; if anything they add a certain “energy” to any event. Most of the echilders/kandi kids are there for the same reason as us, to listen to some good music and spend time with their friends. I still don’t like seeing 15 years olds running around in a state but you get 18+ people doing the same thing

I don’t think raves should be 18+ but I think as older ravers we should look out for those younger than us (even if they have been to “x” more raves and had “x” more amounts of this and that)

Yeah the first time i went to a Utopia i found the same thing, it was really confronting seeing 15yr olds smashed as, chewing their faces off. It just seemed so, well wrong. Their suppose to be innocent at that age, in bed or having sleep overs or something. I didnt even know these events were all ages until i acutally went to one
Em Is Hot +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<
I think that it is good how it is now, you have the 18+ raves for 18+ people who want to drink and not be surrounded by munted 15 year olds OR you have the 16+ raves for the 16+ people who don't really necessary care about a bar and/or munted kiddies running around. I was worried when I went to Godspeed last year to see SO many kids with big pupils and hardcore gurning, but hey - that was probably me once! ha ha.
Dance like no one is watching you

HAKS +

Cycling Central

Times thanked
<
haha my first rave i was 21 so was quite a shock for me as well at my first all ages event.
H2X
Flathead_21 +

Times thanked
<
I was 21 for my rave too

Tranmission Camo 2005 was my first hard dance party and Utopia United was my first Rave

charlottesweb +

boo!

Times thanked
<
I don't mind the fact they are all ages. But most of the time they say +16, yet there are even some 13 yr olds.
I think under 18 is ok... but how far under? 13 is too young.:tripping:
I think there probably should be some restriction at Under 18 events, on the how far under.
I was 17 1st time, so I spose I cant really dispute the under 18 events.. I took advantage of it.
Dj Oky +

Times thanked
<
Id look at it like, if i was a parent id rather my kids at a dance party rather than roaming the streets or worse off walking around in the city pegged of their nuts
A Man walks into a bar....

F**k that'll hurt
Rica13 +

MEH!

Times thanked
<
I remember my first rave was Godspeed 2005 and thinking to myself on the lead up OMFG i'm going to have to deal with under age brats running around screaming....but actually found that they really werent that much of an issue mind you the friend i was with decided it be funny N freak the lil kiddies out when we was in the toilets so that was a good laugh :p

Anywayz from that rave and the next few i went to i started talking to a lot more of the under age kiddies and ended up becoming friends with a lot of em, it freaks me out to hear how many they have taken in a night sometimes and i turn into a mother hen....but what ms jess said is very true...they bring energy to the scene that us older farts dont have as much of

Personaly i dont think a "rave" could bring in the numbers if it was 18+ but then again raves are based more around the hardcore scene rather then the trance scene.

I still love Transmission and knowing that its 18+ (however knew a shit load of 17 year olds at Trans 10th bday - damn fake id's :p )and i'm not going to have the full on kandy ravers running around me all night.

For me it's really all a mind set.....if you go to an event thinking fark these under age kiddies in my face then yeah they prob will annoy you....but if you go there with all intentions of having a good time with your mates and ignore them then you forget they are even around....the start of the night they are usually more annoying then at the end of the night

Quote:

"by any means we will use anything to make you dance...like this" whoop whoop whoop

***Photos *** Videos ***Blog ***
o0IceQueen0o +

Europe countdown initialized

Times thanked
<
I personally dont like it and find it wrong wrong wrong.

I dont mind the bigger events as you can normally escape the youngins but just walking through the "chill out areas" shocks me. I dont like that alot of the kids just go to get messed up rather than for the music

Prophecy Ultraviolet: " Oh i cant wait til matrix he is going to go off"
Um what about the Raver Baby crew
" who?"

I know people will disagree with me but i dont think kids should be out at 5 am (or even 1 am, and yes i realise that "im staying at thispersons house today, but every weekend??) off their nut...
I know when i was 16 we used to go to the park and get drunk then get picked up at 11pm lol that im fine with

Baby700 +

what's this 'boring' nonsense?!

Times thanked
<
The only thing that bugs me about all age raves is seeing uber munted 16 yr olds At that age they should be going to the movies, not getting f**ked up till 5am.

*shrug*

I'm very glad I didn't start partying hard till I was old enough to make educated reponsible decisions. It scares me when ppl say they started drugs when they were at high school. Noone wants to enjoy the innocence of youth anymore.

cosmic_rocket +

Times thanked
<
My first rave was Reanimator 2004 (Brisbane). I was 19 at the time i think....

From memory just about all of the System 6 and Advent*jah raves were 18+ at that time.

Was probably just before the Mayhem Crew rose to prominence. I think (in Brissie anyway) that the number of all ages events have increased dramatically in the last 2+ years.
Is it because numbers started to dwindle???

The first trip I made to Sydney (Godspeed Subzero) I remember being pretty shocked at how many kids were there. Didn't seem to be intimidated by the environment.... In fact one 14 year old guy tried to hit on my girl at the time...... then proceeded to tell me he didn't want any trouble from me....... I'm not exactly the scariest guy you'll ever see..

I usually get a pretty good laugh at the all ages events now. Seriously i can't imagine having to rock up to School on Monday morning after a munted weekend lol.
Now that would be worth seeing.
midian +

'yeah, nah, go f**k yourself, I am the King of the Mods and I am the Decider. There can be only One. And.... go f**k yourself.'

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,801 Times in 1,123 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dj Oky

Id look at it like, if i was a parent id rather my kids at a dance party rather than roaming the streets or worse off walking around in the city pegged of their nuts

Well fuck me dead! Haha I'm shocked to see you posting!
FemmeFatale +

d-_-b

Times thanked
<
Hey! Were not all like that

But I agree with all that was said above. At my first rave I would of been around 14, and even I was horrified! I couldn't believe how stupid these young people were, and continue to hold this opinion. Fair enough, go out and have fun with your friends, but don't go doing things that are definately way beyond your years.

Em Is Hot +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<
I was 16 at my first rave, nearly 17. That's okay I guess.

HAKS +

Cycling Central

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rica13

For me it's really all a mind set.....if you go to an event thinking fark these under age kiddies in my face then yeah they prob will annoy you....but if you go there with all intentions of having a good time with your mates and ignore them then you forget they are even around....the start of the night they are usually more annoying then at the end of the night

spot on
H2X
I Love the CUBs +

Riah

Times thanked
<
I think raves should be at least 16+ I mean even though 16 is young (mind you I was 17 at my first rave... and mind you I've only ever been to a few) it allows the hopefully more mature kids (16, 17) a chance to hear the music and DJs they love. Though in my opinion anyone under 16 is just too young to be out all night and/or taking drugs.

However what really gets to me are the underage kids who get really fucked up on drugs and don't care about the actual event. And in comparing 16+/underage to 18+ raves I definately prefer the 18+ raves.
This is me.
rockdapingping +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<
Riah you're only 17!

Anyways, I go to both 18+ nights, and all ages raves, and I definitely prefere the all ages events. I started going at the end of year 12, however I was (very) young for my year, and only 16 at the time. I've been to shitloads of psytrance, trance, and hardcore events since, and as I've gotten older (though not much yet ) I've gotten more and more into hardcore. At 16 I only wanted to listen to psytrance, I'm not almost 18, and I can't stand anything below 150bpm.

I think 16+ should be ENFORCED at raves, it's all well and good to write 16+ on your posters, but I think you should be asking the kiddies for ID. Every kid has a school ID by 16, it doesn't need to be a licence or anything. 14 and 15 year olds at raves disturb me deeply, no kid should be exposed to the things that go on at raves at that age.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Rooster

yeah I'm 18... the reason I know about the party scene back in the early 90s is cos my dad told me about it. Dimwit.

Afro thunder +

NOT AfroLeft

Times thanked
<
Wise words pat. Imo ur age is a bit young for some stuff too though =P
My first 'rave' was the prophecy 10th birthday i think in april 05. and to be honest i was too busy experiencing it all to take a real notice of under age kiddies, and im pretty sure none of em got in my face. i do remember tom hooking up with some underage princess though I think Jess will know who i mean

i dont wanna be a faggit, and i appreciate the younger audience, specially since im friends with some of them (hell my 16 yo bro is at rock climbing tonight lol), but if it was all 18+ i think it would be alot better in that there'd be less underage kiddies trying things that to be honest no one should ever be trying =P (sorry guys but drugs ARE bad )
BTM'S
Random Crew!!

Tyx - ValenTunes Day
ThomasBear +

Times thanked
<
something like this?
Hello, my name is Oliver and I'm going to tell you a story.

It's about a young girl...
She's only fifteen years old and has blonde hair and blue eyes.

She lives with her parents in New Jersey and they love her very much;
And one night she and her friends decided they were going to come to New York City.

"My Parents are away and I'll take their car, they will never know!
We're gonna have a great time!" she said.

And they drove over the George Washington Bridge and drove downtown to the Limelight.

"Wow, look at the line!"
"Don't worry I know the guy at the door, we'll get in."
And they did.

"So many people, look at that guy's shoes... they must be a mile high!"
And she turned around and bumped into a really cute guy.

They had a good time, they danced for hours and hours;
and she had a few drinks too!

"Hey", he said, "My roommate's not home and well,
I was wondering if you wanna, you know... come to my place.
I just don't wanna... I just don't wanna be alone." And she said, "Yes!".

So they got into a taxi and went to 3rd Avenue and 11th street to the NYU dorm rooms
And went upstairs and sat on his bed.

And he said, "Take this pill..." And she did.
And then she said, "What did you just give me?"
"Ecstasy." he said. And then...

He fucked her all night. Fucked her all night. Fucked her all night.
Fucked her all night...

It's just one night in NYC. One night in NYC. One night in NYC.
It's just one night in NYC.
DJ-MUNCHKIN +

= Affinity With Bass=

Times thanked
<
^^^ That chick sounds like she made some bad decisions, what an idiot!

In Brisbane we never have all ages events, its at least 16+ (altho how they monitor that I dont know) and I think its fine.
My first rave, June Mayhem 04, was like 6 weeks before my 18th birthday, so I went there at 17 took one *some text missing* and had an amazing time. Didn't overdo it, didn't fuck out, and I haven't missed a major rave in Brisbane since.

As to ALL AGES raves, the first one of those I'd been to was Utopia in July this year in Sydney, and gotta say ... I didn't notice a single thing wrong! I was so fucking excited about being there, and seeing all you trashbags, having an amazing time with my PLUR buddies, running around like a dickhead, stomping, showing the Sydney crew what stomping REALLY is :p etc etc ...
I can't even remember seeing any uber munted 14 year olds ... not that I'm saying they weren't there, but if your focus is on the good shit like choooooooooooons and pluuuuuuuuuuuuuuur then hey ... its ok with me
... like a fox!
ThomasBear +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ-MUNCHKIN

^^^ That chick sounds like she made some bad decisions, what an idiot!

Just to be on the safe side, you got the reference yeah?
MsTrickyTricky +

Mess / Jess

Times thanked
<
Hi Oliver

Thanks for your contribution. I understand the story but maybe I'm not 100% on the same page as you, there might be more to the story than meets the eye
Rica13 +

MEH!

Times thanked
<
all ages is meant to be 16+ if you look at the fine print it says 16+ but then they dont check id only if you want access to the bar area that you need to show id!

Quote:

"by any means we will use anything to make you dance...like this" whoop whoop whoop

MsTrickyTricky +

Mess / Jess

Times thanked
<
Ahhh the girl in the story is 15...

Oliver, good story

Rica, thanks for the explanation

And Kids, if you’re under 16+ actually go to sleep overs, meet your friends at McDonalds for dinner, and don’t wish your life away! Raving isn’t going anywhere so wait till your 16 to check out the scene

Most importantly enjoy your youth!

(^^^this is probably best suited to Echild rather than ITM but I’ll post it anyways)
DJ-MUNCHKIN +

= Affinity With Bass=

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomasBear

Just to be on the safe side, you got the reference yeah?

Yep no worries, if I ever meet a 15 year old chick in NYC I'll be sure to pass on the msg ... !

P.S. That kind of shit happens to a LOT of people over 15 ... !
... like a fox!
rayza_kool +

SMOKE......SMOKE......

Times thanked
<
to be honest, i couldnt give a fuck who turns up to raves, as long as everyone is enjoyn the tunes and there are no OD's then im as happy as a pig in shit :p.....but morally there has to be a limit, which is why i support 16+ events.......16yr olds are more mature to make well informed choices than, say a 14yr old (tho sayin that, ive seen some pretty immature 16yr olds ).......besides, 16yr olds are legal ....nah just kiddn i couldnt go that low
and like Gary the No Trash Cougar says: Give a larbage, throw out your garbage....spread the word!!
The Experience +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaSsYcHiC

im interested in others opinions on all age events.

So does it bother you that some raves and dance events are all ages?

Do you think that they should be 18+ like night clubs?

"I dont even understand how such events even came to be all ages...?"

Either do i. Underage vermon (children) should fuck off.
The Experience +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Hello, my name is Oliver and I'm going to tell you a story.

It's about a young girl...
She's only fifteen years old and has blonde hair and blue eyes.

She lives with her parents in New Jersey and they love her very much;
And one night she and her friends decided they were going to come to New York City.

"My Parents are away and I'll take their car, they will never know!
We're gonna have a great time!" she said.

And they drove over the George Washington Bridge and drove downtown to the Limelight.

"Wow, look at the line!"
"Don't worry I know the guy at the door, we'll get in."
And they did.

"So many people, look at that guy's shoes... they must be a mile high!"
And she turned around and bumped into a really cute guy.

They had a good time, they danced for hours and hours;
and she had a few drinks too!

"Hey", he said, "My roommate's not home and well,
I was wondering if you wanna, you know... come to my place.
I just don't wanna... I just don't wanna be alone." And she said, "Yes!".

So they got into a taxi and went to 3rd Avenue and 11th street to the NYU dorm rooms
And went upstairs and sat on his bed.

And he said, "Take this pill..." And she did.
And then she said, "What did you just give me?"
"Ecstasy." he said. And then...

He fucked her all night. Fucked her all night. Fucked her all night.
Fucked her all night...

It's just one night in NYC. One night in NYC. One night in NYC.
It's just one night in NYC.

Rad mutherf***in story... ha ha
ThomasBear +

Times thanked
<
ok please tell me you guys are just goofing around and that you actually recognise this as the lyrics to The Horrorist's "One Night In NYC"...
MsTrickyTricky +

Mess / Jess

Times thanked
<
ThomasBear I have never heard of that song in my life
ThomasBear +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsTrickyTricky

ThomasBear I have never heard of that song in my life

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!? Are you for real???

Honey you've just got to get yourself a copy then.

I knew that was going to fly over everyone's head...
MsTrickyTricky +

Mess / Jess

Times thanked
<
Yes I am for real

RC!!! Does anyone else know this song or am I just REALLY uncool?
Rica13 +

MEH!

Times thanked
<
ms jess i'm uncool with you!!!!!!!!!

but you no what put it on and i might actually go omg i do no this song but i'm really bad with song titles and stuff

*goes to search for song*

Quote:

The Experience +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

ok please tell me you guys are just goofing around and that you actually recognise this as the lyrics to The Horrorist's "One Night In NYC"...

Sorry i don't know the song either ha ha me so ignorant
MsTrickyTricky +

Mess / Jess

Times thanked
<
What sort of music is it? Is it a dance song?
cosmic_rocket +

Times thanked
<
Haha, I've never heard of that song either. And if i heard, i'd run away as fast as i could.

Lyrics are so amazingly shit. I'm honestly amazed at how shit they are. Love to see who wrote it...... and maybe read some of their other exciting soft porn.
cosmic_rocket +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ-MUNCHKIN

Yep no worries, if I ever meet a 15 year old chick in NYC I'll be sure to pass on the msg ... !

P.S. That kind of shit happens to a LOT of people over 15 ... !

Which is why it's so refreshing for it to happen to a 15 year old.

Americans love a good rape after a big night out.

jk
MsTrickyTricky +

Mess / Jess

Times thanked
<
Thank god I'm not the only one that doesn't know the song
Em Is Hot +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<
I have never heard it ha ha

MsTrickyTricky +

Mess / Jess

Times thanked
<
ThomasBear did you make up the song?

Rica, did you manage to find the song yet?
Shall +

Do you believe in a Godd?

Times thanked
<
Yer but Ms Jess your tastes in music err are umm... *refers to your myspace profile song*

Random.

.....Party [once again] in Miami [2013] with the rhythm and the bass!

DJ-MUNCHKIN +

= Affinity With Bass=

Times thanked
<
I thought you made it up dude ... or found it on www.iwanttodie.com ... either way, its shit.
... like a fox!
ThomasBear +

Times thanked
<
Okies then. Firstly, if you've never checked out The Horrorist then you should. I'm surprised no one's heard of him cos he's a producer that makes an odd mixture of hardcore, gabber and very very very nastily themed techno.
While the write up in his profile is very lame you can check out his aliases and releases on discogs --> http://www.discogs.com/artist/Horrorist,+The
Second, "One Night In NYC (Chris Liebing Remix)" is his best known and most successful release. It's got an almost cult following amongst those who know it because of the unique "story telling" of this song. While the lyrics seem lame enough on paper, it is the way that they are related that makes this song quite unique.
The song itself is rather minimal. A very simple kick (at about 137) and a slowly building and quite haunting little melody... ah forget it, you'll have to check it out for yourself.
Just rememebr to listen to the Chris Liebing Remix (the other remixes pretty much suck arse) to get a real idea.
MsTrickyTricky +

Mess / Jess

Times thanked
<
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=44936060
I found "The Horrorist" on MySpace and there is a version of "One Night in NYC."

I think its the crap version and the end bit kind of scared me
ThomasBear +

Times thanked
<
so anyway, getting back to the topic...

that's the kind of thing that could happen to underage kiddies at big bad raves. aaaalll niggghhhhttt
Rica13 +

MEH!

Times thanked
<
that guys voice is farken freaky

Quote:

DJ-MUNCHKIN +

= Affinity With Bass=

Times thanked
<

Quote:

so anyway, getting back to the topic...

that's the kind of thing that could happen to underage kiddies at big bad raves. aaaalll niggghhhhttt

Fuck dude, that could happen to ANYONE! Even you ... !
People make their own choices in life ...
... like a fox!
Afro thunder +

NOT AfroLeft

Times thanked
<
wow thats a whack song. and heres a whack random pic of how i think that girl may have looked
BTM'S
Random Crew!!

Tyx - ValenTunes Day
Page 1 of 3

« Previous Thread Next Thread »