Gaming, Computers, Phones, and Gadgets

iPhone/iPod Touch APPS

Page 35 of 35
  Tools
Balls Deep +

Times thanked
<
Thanked 7,917 Times in 2,020 Posts
Great gesture based music player great for people who don't have remotes on their headphones

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/list...768223310?mt=8
smorchika +

Times thanked
<
Finally updated my ipod/itunes, hit me up with whats good at the moment!
Marshy +

is releasing a book

Times thanked
<
Just chatting on FB about Battleheart Legacy.

Have played for about half an hour and really like this one, very intuitive RPG with map traversing, great controls, inventory, spell system, really nice skill-based system, and all of the other things that makes me like RPGs.

It's very Baldur's Gate-ish - which is definitely a good thing.
ianwil1976 +

Autism

Times thanked
<
Thanked 15,156 Times in 6,136 Posts
TouchArcade review:

http://toucharcade.com/2014/05/29/ba...legacy-review/

Reveal trailer.

Media Player

I caned Battleheart when it came out a few years ago. I shall be caning this, too!
Marshy +

is releasing a book

Times thanked
<
Man, I haven't adventured like that in a long time.

Level 10 now, really have a fairly powerful Mage. From what I've read I can unlock necro or Battlemage options, or even more. I don't game often any more, fuck me, I'm glad not all games are this good. No IAP either. So good.
ianwil1976 +

Autism

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshy View Post

No IAP either.

Worth supporting just for that.
Marshy +

is releasing a book

Times thanked
<
Binged again, level 14 now and have some mad Witch Powers. I've been pretty evil thus far, so expect to pay for it later!
MROC +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianwil1976 View Post

Worth supporting just for that.

I bought it because of that
Bite My Shiny Metal Ass
ianwil1976 +

Autism

Times thanked
<
I got it, it's perfect. Best action RPG on iOS, hands down. <3 Mika Mobile.
Marshy +

is releasing a book

Times thanked
<
Glad you likey. This is how I wanted RPGs to be when I first got a tablet/iPad.

I can't wait for a replay as I've unlocked most of the other character classes and want a stab at being good. Like a paladin or ninja.

Really loving it. I haven't had a time sink like this in a while.

My mage is so badass.
ianwil1976 +

Autism

Times thanked
<
There was never any doubt I'd like it

Just about to unlock Ninja, I think. Had the random encounter with the clan member and have just found the clan hideout.

I'm a bit of a mixed bag, rogue, archer, mage. Just how I like it. Unlocked the first witch spell, Drain Life, too. Any chance to get more HP mid-dungeon is a plus! 5 potions aren't cutting it
ianwil1976 +

Autism

Times thanked
<
Ninja and Monk unlocked, time to get up close and personal
Marshy +

is releasing a book

Times thanked
<

Quote:

There was never any doubt I'd like it

Just about to unlock Ninja, I think. Had the random encounter with the clan member and have just found the clan hideout.

I'm a bit of a mixed bag, rogue, archer, mage. Just how I like it. Unlocked the first witch spell, Drain Life, too. Any chance to get more HP mid-dungeon is a plus! 5 potions aren't cutting it

Yeah buddy! Life drain is a boon. With my spellpower quite chunky in its own right now, it's great for downing the enemy mages after blasting them with meteor and chain lightning.

5 potions is tricky, so I've got a Life Drain enhancing item as well. B)
ianwil1976 +

Autism

Times thanked
<
Scrapped Life Drain not long after getting it cos I've unlocked more monk and ninja

Skills are now:

1000 Palms - Monk
Karma Kick - Monk
Wind Walk - Monk
Shuriken - Ninja
Poisoned Knife - Rogue
Stealth - Rogue

Basically, enter an area, stealth, get up behind strongest enemy, 1000 Palms. Pretty much an insta-kill due to increased crit damage of Stealth. Wind Walk teleports around all enemies hitting each, Karma Kick flies across the screen so is a great gap closer. Gotta unlock the Ninja skill that gives 50% crit damage for even more hilarity with stealth. Hoping the smoke bomb ability lets you stealth again without breaking line-of-sight, although that might be a tad OP
Marshy +

is releasing a book

Times thanked
<
Nice combos. One of the things that's shitting me in dungeons is getting poisoned by spiders, they seem to do a bit of dam.

Mine are:
Conflagration - Mage
Meteor - Mage
Chain Lightning - Mage
Teleport - Mage
Life Drain - Witch
Poison - Witch

I've got some pretty good passive skills now, like poison reduction, more damage etc.

I've been going to town on my Intelligence and have some pretty formidable spellpower with a Psion's Robe, smashing shit with my elemental staff, and some life-drain/spell-power increasing items.

I'm a bit worried about unlocking the necro and think he's a bit of a ****. So may have to off him when I'm powerful enough as I don't really have enough Charisma to warrant building out the necro options, plus I'm fucking loving being a mage so much that skeletons can go and get fucked. I'm normally a stealthy ranger in RPGs, so this is a very fun change of style for me.

Like I said earlier, really want to smash out a Battlemage option as well, but am worried about the armour/spellpower trade-off and how to overcome that.
ianwil1976 +

Autism

Times thanked
<
I'm level 12 now, been caning it When you get to level 10 you unlock two more skill slots, which is fucking rad. Got Smokebomb (Ninja) and just unlocked Spirit Trance (Monk) which gives you a speed boost and regen for 10 secs. Got some pimp monk robes now, too, so look the part (love this accessory, too)

(I may have picked the chick that looks like my girlfriend...don't judge me!)

Smokebomb is great, not OP by any means as you can't stealth again while in it. As soon as monsters are aggro you can't disappear. It makes you un-targetable by any ranged attacks which is fucking sick in the heat of battle. You can get some lucky kills in too, if you manage to sneak behind an enemy while others have their back to it. 1000 Palms and then spam the Stealth icon, ready for another go

This game is so fucking good
ianwil1976 +

Autism

Times thanked
<
Okay, just did a dungeon for the first time with Spirit Trance. 5 potions is no longer a problem. If you're patient enough, you can fully heal before exiting any screen. Schweeeeeeeeet
Marshy +

is releasing a book

Times thanked
<
Hehe. I had a Ring of Regen, but am not patient enough. I'll screengrab my guy.
Marshy +

is releasing a book

Times thanked
<

Pretty badass
ianwil1976 +

Autism

Times thanked
<
Fucking hell, your weapon and spell skills are huge! Nice work, sir

Shit yeah, baby...HADOKEN!
ianwil1976 +

Autism

Times thanked
<
Dude, check this out. The skill guides have helped heaps with planning my character.

http://www.appunwrapper.com/battleheart-legacy-guides/
ianwil1976 +

Autism

Times thanked
<
Marshy, you still playing? I hit level 30, got up to the last tower for the last solar shard...and kinda lost interest I'll go back and finish it but they really need to work on padding out quests and random encounters. Hoping for a decent update soon.

In other news, I am now stupidly addicted to a gay Pokemans match 3 thing call Dragon Tactics. Like, stupidly addicted
Marshy +

is releasing a book

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Marshy, you still playing? I hit level 30, got up to the last tower for the last solar shard...and kinda lost interest I'll go back and finish it but they really need to work on padding out quests and random encounters. Hoping for a decent update soon.

In other news, I am now stupidly addicted to a gay Pokemans match 3 thing call Dragon Tactics. Like, stupidly addicted

Nup. It became a bit grindy for my liking but got a decent 15 hours out of it or so. Pretty happy with the value for money. Might check if there's interesting updates but have become a bit of an Amazon Kindle nerd now - books are taking up a lot of my spare time
jarrardscott +

I start arguments then blame everyone else, and now I have this shitty My Little Pony icon

Times thanked
<
Thanked 5,000 Times in 2,101 Posts
Media Player
nfi how legit this is.
jarrardscott +

I start arguments then blame everyone else, and now I have this shitty My Little Pony icon

Times thanked
<
Thanked 5,000 Times in 2,101 Posts
I love how nobody in this forum gives a fuck about iphone anymore.

iphone 6 gets anounced and not a single post was made
ianwil1976 +

Autism

Times thanked
<
Did any of you cunnies get into Unjustice on iOS? Whitey, I think you may have?

There's a Marvel game out now that's very similar and it's pretty fun, Contest of Champions. The combat mechanics are about as deep as a paddling pool, but the collecting and upgrading is great mindless phone fun, especially if you're a bit of a Marvel fanboy. I just got Iron Fist and had a slight nerdgasm.

F2P with the obvious overpriced IAP, but I haven't felt any sort of requirement to get anything yet. Will probably change once I hit the later chapters but it's well worth checking out.
plan-b +

I found the Treasure of Mêlée Island and all I got was this stupid user title

Times thanked
<
Anyone here playing Crossy Road at all?
ianwil1976 +

Autism

Times thanked
<
My girlfriend does if that helps.
jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,490 Times in 1,490 Posts
pics of her in a swimsuit might?
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." John Stuart Mill
Whitey1981 +

Ain't no stopping me.

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,640 Times in 1,436 Posts

Quote:

Did any of you cunnies get into Unjustice on iOS? Whitey, I think you may have?

There's a Marvel game out now that's very similar and it's pretty fun, Contest of Champions. The combat mechanics are about as deep as a paddling pool, but the collecting and upgrading is great mindless phone fun, especially if you're a bit of a Marvel fanboy. I just got Iron Fist and had a slight nerdgasm.

F2P with the obvious overpriced IAP, but I haven't felt any sort of requirement to get anything yet. Will probably change once I hit the later chapters but it's well worth checking out.

I got into Unjustice and felt like paying a few times - but didn't.
Did grind all the entry level characters fairly highly but there is no way you can fight the higher ranked characters without the Premium characters eg pay to win.
And they used to have monthly challenges with special character unlocks which, again, where near impossible to complete without paid characters.
I stopped paying last Christmas when they said they were giving everyone $20k or something in coins and then never did as I was saving towards Superman at the time.

My suggestion, if you are planning on playing Unjustice on PS4, is to give that a go as apparently the two systems sync up in some manner with unlocks and cheevos.

But on Marvel, it got slayed on Kotaku but that got my interest as generally they have no idea about mobile games.
Might give it a download now that I have well and truly rinsed through the latest Kingdom Rush game - which I heartily recommend to everyone. It's a one time purchase, and for me it's worth supporting those pricing schemes.
For more information on this post, visit kotaku.com.au/tags/grand-theft-auto-v/
Whitey1981 +

Ain't no stopping me.

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,640 Times in 1,436 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitey1981 View Post

I got into Unjustice and felt like paying a few times - but didn't.
Did grind all the entry level characters fairly highly but there is no way you can fight the higher ranked characters without the Premium characters eg pay to win.
And they used to have monthly challenges with special character unlocks which, again, where near impossible to complete without paid characters.
I stopped paying last Christmas when they said they were giving everyone $20k or something in coins and then never did as I was saving towards Superman at the time.

My suggestion, if you are planning on playing Unjustice on PS4, is to give that a go as apparently the two systems sync up in some manner with unlocks and cheevos.

But on Marvel, it got slayed on Kotaku but that got my interest as generally they have no idea about mobile games.
Might give it a download now that I have well and truly rinsed through the latest Kingdom Rush game - which I heartily recommend to everyone. It's a one time purchase, and for me it's worth supporting those pricing schemes.

And now that I think about it, I think you are the one that got me into Unjustice originally.
For more information on this post, visit kotaku.com.au/tags/grand-theft-auto-v/
ianwil1976 +

Autism

Times thanked
<
Are you a fan of Shakespeare and/or Hamlet and/or Choose Your Own Adventure books?

Get this:

http://toucharcade.com/2015/03/18/ry...-to-be-review/
trAse +

He'll never be an old man rafter

Times thanked
<
Thanked 14,558 Times in 4,098 Posts

Quote:

Are you a fan of Shakespeare and/or Hamlet and/or Choose Your Own Adventure books?

That's not how I expected that sentence to end.
ヽ༼ʘ̆ںʘ̆༽ ノ
ianwil1976 +

Autism

Times thanked
<
That's why I felt the need to bring it to people's attention. It's a mash-up that shouldn't exist and yet it does...and it's glorious.
trAse +

He'll never be an old man rafter

Times thanked
<
Thanked 14,558 Times in 4,098 Posts
Hearthstone on iOS finally!!
ヽ༼ʘ̆ںʘ̆༽ ノ
Page 35 of 35

« Previous Thread Next Thread »