The Main Room

Leggings are not Pants

Tools
Weinertron +

random shoutbox generator

Times thanked
<
Leggings are not Pants
Let me just clarify from the outset, that I have no opposition to leggings per se. In fact, quite the opposite. Being a legs-man, the leggings have a fantastic knack for showcasing and enhancing all things 'leg'.

But the current trend of leggings as pants is actually starting to make me feel violently ill. I thought things were bad when i was working near Melbourne Central in the CBD, but then I started Uni 3 weeks ago. Fuck me, things are bad.

Hence, I am starting my own personal crusade to eradicate leggings from La Trobe Uni. Hopefully, from these humble beginnings, the movement will spread and the rest of us will be spared

Now, the first thing I need is a pamphlet of some sort. Something colourful and official looking (like a Marxism pamphlet or 5 dorrah massage pamphlet). It should detail the history of leggings (a great way to wear skirts during winter/a great way to do do ballet, etc) and also graphical representation of the appropriate way to wear them... A DOs and DON'Ts if you will. Finally, the pamphlet should belittle the leggings-clad recipient into a fair degree of shame. Remind the recipient that they do not look good; people are laughing at them; I can see your camel-toe and your unfortunate panty-line. That sort of thing.

The idea is to cruise through the campus and hand this pamphlet out to the offenders (NOTE: girls with EXTREMELY nice legs may be exempt from the first round of shame, although future information drive's may not be so forgiving). Couple this with a few ACTION posters around the campus (a great way to cover up those annoying Marxism posters anyway) and Voila! Insto-awareness

A cursory glance through the interweb yields no results of this fictional pamphlet. Is anyone out there skilled in making some flashy pamphlet/brochure type stuff and wish to contribute to this important cause? Put down that Kony 2012 brochure and join a cause worth fighting!

NB: Just a reminder that I AM NOT TRYING to eradicate leggings entirely, just the practise of using them as pants. Just by adding a mini-skirt, all these issues can be resolved
Fuck Everything Forever

Last edited by Weinertron: 19-Mar-12 at 01:59pm

Reason: your > you're

mischa21 +

yessum

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,076 Times in 1,083 Posts
seconded.

can we also stop the high-waisted demin shorts movement? It's been going for a few years now and I think it's gone out of control.
Weinertron +

Times thanked
<
I think it would require a separate movement. Happy to get started on that one once the leggings are gone.

Start thinking about a brochure!
Fuck Everything Forever
Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Times thanked
<
Thanked 4,528 Times in 1,493 Posts
I wear my leggings as a shirt, is that ok?

I think a mini skirt + leggings is worse than just leggings by themselves.
Weinertron +

Times thanked
<
^I'm confused. Why do you think skirts+leggings is worse than just the leggings?

Leggings as shirt is fine. The plunging neck-line is aesthetically pleasing
Fuck Everything Forever
Romie +

Times thanked
<
This is a way better cause than Kony 2012.
special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,017 Times in 1,441 Posts
dont even get me started on jeggings
soundcloud
mixcloud
mlirosi +

bangin 7gram rocks

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,154 Times in 885 Posts
I think your first problem here is you are sampling from La Trobe university (ill be assuming the Bundoora campus)

Generally this will comprise of a whos whos of derelict western suburb identities who have beaten the odds and graduated year 12. So instead of spending their next 5 years at Arrarat’s correctional institution they will be doing so at La Trobe Bundoora.

Now just because they will not be confined to a 4 by 4 cell (unlike their many friends) this doesn’t mean their behaviour will be any different

You should be happy they have selected the ‘wear pants’ option.

My suggestion is save yourself a lot of ink, paper and wedgies…and choose a more civilised university.
gonefishin +

Times thanked
<
goes against nature to ask girls to wear more clothing
Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weinertron View Post

^I'm confused. Why do you think skirts+leggings is worse than just the leggings?

Leggings as shirt is fine. The plunging neck-line is aesthetically pleasing

I was thinking of ugly skirts lol, yeh they look ok actually.

What about this? Long shirt + leggings?

Bizzy +

I am the needle in your vein. I am the high you can't sustain.

Times thanked
<
The dictionary tells me that leggings are in fact a form of pants

leggings [leg-ing]  

leg·ging   [leg-ing]
noun
1. a covering for the leg, usually extending from the ankle to the knee but sometimes higher, worn by soldiers, riders, workers, etc. Compare chaps, gaiter, puttee.
2. leggings, ( used with a plural verb )
a. close-fitting knit pants.

b. the pants of a two-piece snowsuit.

I wear and like leggings.
If I told you that I was a pathological liar would you believe me?

walkdogz +

Times thanked
<
I'm a fan of it on ladies with hot legs... biggggg fan. It was all acoss Sydney Uni.
Weinertron +

Times thanked
<
The long shirt/leggings thing is a blurred line. I mean, the cameltoe/pantyline/general trashiness element has been removed, but it just looks odd in most cases. I like those dresses that kind of LOOK like they are a long shirt, but they are obviously cut into a dress shape and enhance the figure of the wearer... I actually quite like that look.

The long t-shirt/leggings look, whilst not as offensive, still looks almost equally stupid.

@ mlirosi. I'm at La Trobe and there is no chance I'll be going anywhere else (since I live around the corner) so this is the sample I need to work with. Also, your information about the demographic seems flawed. I'll be ignoring your suggestions henceforth.
Fuck Everything Forever
Weinertron +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizzy View Post

I wear and like leggings.

So you just wear leggings? Nothing else? No Skirt? Dress? Even a Long shirt?

I hate to tell you Bizzy, but chances are there are a lot of people laughing at you cos they can see your gross cameltoe eating your leggings before their very eyes.
Fuck Everything Forever
kasper_flip +

;_;

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,497 Times in 705 Posts
fit girls are allowed to wear leggings as pants.
fatties, no.
Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasper_flip View Post

fatties, no.

Yeh this.

Also who cares if you can see there undie outline, I like being able to tell whether they are wearing normaly undies, brazilians or a g. YOu can tell a lot about a girl by the undies she wears.
Bizzy +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

So you just wear leggings? Nothing else? No Skirt? Dress? Even a Long shirt?

I hate to tell you Bizzy, but chances are there are a lot of people laughing at you cos they can see your gross cameltoe eating your leggings before their very eyes.

I usually wear a longish top. Sometimes but not always will I wear a skirt/dress/shorts over the top.

Are people laughing at me? I couldn't give a fuck if they were. I wear what I want because I want to. Not because someone posting on the internet tells me what to wear.

Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Times thanked
<
What is actually worse than girls who wear just leggings is guys who walk around in just full length skins or come to the gym in just full length skins.
cizza +

Cats are floppy.

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,857 Times in 443 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mischa21 View Post

seconded.

can we also stop the high-waisted demin shorts movement? It's been going for a few years now and I think it's gone out of control.

This.

Harry high pants is not attractive. Please stop,
GoodLove +

likes this

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,799 Times in 1,892 Posts
Leggings + mini skirt (generally) = Supre

Just ask P337
Weinertron +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

I wear what I want because I want to. Not because someone posting on the internet tells me what to wear.

That's fine. I just want to make you aware that my current small sample size says the following:
- Roughly 75% of men are in the "If they are hot, let em wear leggings". (which discounts quite a bit of the female population)
- The remaining 25% of men dislike the trend (myself included). I happen to think that leggings are great at showing off legs, but a skirt or dress or SOMETHING around the waist/pelvic region is actually a good deal more flattering.

NB: occasionally a great set of legs will get an exception from me as well (as indicated in my OP)

When it comes to women, the differences are more stark. Unanimously, women who do not wear leggings as pants think they look ridiculous. These women are well in the majority (I did a sample at my old job, something like 95%)

SO ergo, based on this (very slapdash) sample size, we are looking at something like 60% of the population thinking you look ridiculous

At any rate, I would just like to re-iterate my fondness for tights. I just happen to think they look HEAPS more flattering with a nice skirt or something which flatters the figure of the girl in question. Most of the time, tights as pants do not perform that function.
Fuck Everything Forever
Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Times thanked
<
You should send a complaint into ACA about this. They'd be all over it.
mlirosi +

bangin 7gram rocks

Times thanked
<

Quote:

@ mlirosi. I'm at La Trobe and there is no chance I'll be going anywhere else (since I live around the corner) so this is the sample I need to work with. Also, your information about the demographic seems flawed. I'll be ignoring your suggestions henceforth.

Don’t get me wrong I am all for any movement which wishes to outlaw western suburb culture clothing trends, however and I don’t like to generalise but I cant help but think you living only around the corner may not be the best candidate to lead this movement.

Like I said I don’t like to generalise as im sure there is someone in Bundoora who doesn’t own a VL turbo yet i cant help but picture you leading this movement sporting your favourite von-dutch truckie hat, mooks tshirt and im sure there will be some subtle bling bling

And before you claim that I am being recklessly facetious, I am not questioning your obvious keen eye for a rather forward fashion community I am only providing a helping hand

I liken this leadership to k-fed leading the black panthers movement
Bizzy +

Times thanked
<
Let them think what they like! If someone doesn't like me because of how I dress then they aren't the kind of person I want to be friends with anyway. It's that simple really.

Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,497 Times in 917 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasper_flip View Post

fatties, no.

Yeah, but the problem is, even pretty damn fit girls can look fucking shit in leggings...it takes a super special kind of "fit" to actually pull it off, and fact of the matter is, it equates to about 0.0001% of the girls who wear them

Leaves nothing to the imagination either...looks cheap as fuck, like you're some bogan trashbag who doesn't care about her appearance whatsoever...pride is a sin, sure, but SOME pride goes a long way

+1 for no leggings as pants (and I'm an ass man, so that should speak volumes!)
Pete Gordon - Deep and Low

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

https://soundcloud.com/random_kiwi/deep-and-low
jarrardscott +

I start arguments then blame everyone else, and now I have this shitty My Little Pony icon

Times thanked
<
Thanked 5,000 Times in 2,101 Posts

Quote:

Let me just clarify from the outset, that I have no opposition to leggings per se. In fact, quite the opposite. Being a legs-man, the leggings have a fantastic knack for showcasing and enhancing all things 'leg'.

But the current trend of leggings as pants is actually starting to make me feel violently ill. I thought things were bad when i was working near Melbourne Central in the CBD, but then I started Uni 3 weeks ago. Fuck me, things are bad.

Hence, I am starting my own personal crusade to eradicate leggings from La Trobe Uni. Hopefully, from these humble beginnings, the movement will spread and the rest of us will be spared

Now, the first thing I need is a pamphlet of some sort. Something colourful and official looking (like a Marxism pamphlet or 5 dorrah massage pamphlet). It should detail the history of leggings (a great way to wear skirts during winter/a great way to do do ballet, etc) and also graphical representation of the appropriate way to wear them... A DOs and DON'Ts if you will. Finally, the pamphlet should belittle the leggings-clad recipient into a fair degree of shame. Remind the recipient that they do not look good; people are laughing at them; I can see your camel-toe and your unfortunate panty-line. That sort of thing.

The idea is to cruise through the campus and hand this pamphlet out to the offenders (NOTE: girls with EXTREMELY nice legs may be exempt from the first round of shame, although future information drive's may not be so forgiving). Couple this with a few ACTION posters around the campus (a great way to cover up those annoying Marxism posters anyway) and Voila! Insto-awareness

A cursory glance through the interweb yields no results of this fictional pamphlet. Is anyone out there skilled in making some flashy pamphlet/brochure type stuff and wish to contribute to this important cause? Put down that Kony 2012 brochure and join a cause worth fighting!

NB: Just a reminder that I AM NOT TRYING to eradicate leggings entirely, just the practise of using them as pants. Just by adding a mini-skirt, all these issues can be resolved

i understand that people get annoyed about leggings not being pants.

i used to myself

then i realised, im not a fucking faggot and you get a good perve on chicks asses when they wear leggings as pants, so i simply stopped caring.
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by cizza View Post

This.

Harry high pants is not attractive. Please stop,

Very much in the same league in that roughly 0.0001% of girls that wear them actually pull them off...on the right girl, haaaaaaaawt as fuck imo, on everyone...blurgh!!!!!!

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

Weinertron +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random_Kiwi View Post

Yeah, but the problem is, even pretty damn fit girls can look fucking shit in leggings...it takes a super special kind of "fit" to actually pull it off, and fact of the matter is, it equates to about 0.0001% of the girls who wear them

This is a good point, well made, and I wish I had made it in the initial post.
Fuck Everything Forever
pEAkeR_hAT +

"The Peoples' Champion"

Times thanked
<
Thanked 4,661 Times in 2,288 Posts
haha dw bizzy i'm sure you'd look good in a sac anyway
Spoiler:

Quote:

Originally Posted by borrisGLOWSTICK View Post

Life trainwreck stories, bewbs, mod angering drug implicated posts and 2fast2furious only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mliro View Post

that’s terrible spastic
also I would imagine a little disheartening that he has never attempted to drug rape you?

Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

then i realised, im not a fucking faggot and you get a good perve on chicks asses when they wear leggings as pants, so i simply stopped caring.

Perving at said ass looking as fucking BAD as said ass can ever possibly look =/= a good thing

mlirosi +

bangin 7gram rocks

Times thanked
<

Quote:

That's fine. I just want to make you aware that my current small sample size says the following:
- Roughly 75% of men are in the "If they are hot, let em wear leggings". (which discounts quite a bit of the female population)
- The remaining 25% of men dislike the trend (myself included). I happen to think that leggings are great at showing off legs, but a skirt or dress or SOMETHING around the waist/pelvic region is actually a good deal more flattering.

NB: occasionally a great set of legs will get an exception from me as well (as indicated in my OP)

When it comes to women, the differences are more stark. Unanimously, women who do not wear leggings as pants think they look ridiculous. These women are well in the majority (I did a sample at my old job, something like 95%)

SO ergo, based on this (very slapdash) sample size, we are looking at something like 60% of the population thinking you look ridiculous

At any rate, I would just like to re-iterate my fondness for tights. I just happen to think they look HEAPS more flattering with a nice skirt or something which flatters the figure of the girl in question. Most of the time, tights as pants do not perform that function.

Either there has been some gross rounding off with your sample size…or you only sampled this data from 20 people as all stats are all in 5% increments

Credibility sliding….steadily….
Weinertron +

Times thanked
<
My post alluded to a small sample size (in fact, 20 is probably about the number).

You also seem to assume that I had credibility to start with. I claim no such thing.
Fuck Everything Forever
jarrardscott +

I start arguments then blame everyone else, and now I have this shitty My Little Pony icon

Times thanked
<
Thanked 5,000 Times in 2,101 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random_Kiwi View Post

Perving at said ass looking as fucking BAD as said ass can ever possibly look =/= a good thing

as if asses look bad in leggings.
most of them lift their ass up and hug it.
Bizzy +

Times thanked
<
Cheers Peaker!

mlirosi +

bangin 7gram rocks

Times thanked
<
If im going to be woowed by stats I expect them to maintain some creditability

Its common knowledge that 43% of the upper quartile in a single standard deviation, pay attention to over 60% of all supportive numerical data.

This is a customer base you need to secure

Or in the words of Mr Burgandy, 60% of the time it works everytime
Papanikolas +

In the beginning there was Jack.....Daniels

Times thanked
<
thread needs more pictures imo
ratticus +

facebook.com/thepublicworksdepartment

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,477 Times in 893 Posts
These leggings are almost pants.

http://www.blackmilkclothing.com/

Permanent clearance by: #1-01
Bizzy +

Times thanked
<
Black Milk and Actual Pain are the brands of leggings that I wear

Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Black Milk and Actual Pain are the brands of leggings that I wear

Means nothing without pics.
lyric +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<
girls often forget that they can get quite shear when stretched around the thighs and bum - bit too much information at times...

Bizzy +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumpy View Post

Means nothing without pics.

Well the Black Milk website link is posted above and I'm sure if you google actual pain you will find that store also. There are pics of their leggings on both those sites

lyric +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<
there is a huge difference in the quality of the leggings available and the girls making with the fail are probably wearing the cheapies.
the look originally was to push the skinny jean look but in even more figure hugging fabrics including leather. But the cheapo fashion manufacturers pushed the trend into sloppiness.
Bring back the cigarettte pant instead....
becy +

is the rarity you find only when everything is correct

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,574 Times in 1,008 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumpy View Post

Yeh this.

Also who cares if you can see there undie outline, I like being able to tell whether they are wearing normaly undies, brazilians or a g. YOu can tell a lot about a girl by the undies she wears.

what's a brazilian underpants? isn't a brazilian what one has done at a waxing salon?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pEAkeR_hAT View Post

haha dw bizzy i'm sure you'd look good in a sac anyway

That makes me think of the egg sac from Aliens.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyric View Post

there is a huge difference in the quality of the leggings available and the girls making with the fail are probably wearing the cheapies.
the look originally was to push the skinny jean look but in even more figure hugging fabrics including leather. But the cheapo fashion manufacturers pushed the trend into sloppiness.
Bring back the cigarettte pant instead....

DNW that weird figure. what is wrong with her waist? that looks horrible
This is ITM
Home of the NSFW Nazis

Discuss snackfoods, bitch about the DJ Top100 Poll, or make mildly embarassing, banal admissions about your personal life.
WE'RE IN BEIGE COUNTRY NOW.
lyric +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<
bad photochop I hope...

better
cizza +

Cats are floppy.

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,857 Times in 443 Posts
^^ is that a cross harry high pant and legging?!
GoodLove +

likes this

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,799 Times in 1,892 Posts
What's this "leaves nothing to the Imagination" horseshit?

If I wanted to use my imagination I'd sit in my basement/rape dungeon, conjoir up some slutty picture in mind and then finish up. Too much effort, considering you could literally park yourself at any Uni thoroughfare and bathe in the plethora of toes de camel that swarm around you.
Onslaught +

I don't like you.

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,849 Times in 1,039 Posts
I'm with GL
becy +

Times thanked
<
Nice pants in the second one. I like high waisted pants. I've got a small old waist compared to the rest of me, so hip fitting stuff looks horrible. If i want a nice tucked in top, i gotta go high waist.
This is ITM
Home of the NSFW Nazis

Discuss snackfoods, bitch about the DJ Top100 Poll, or make mildly embarassing, banal admissions about your personal life.
barbsy +

Times thanked
<
Total fuckin support for leggings.

Best fashion trend for ladies in ages. Whats bad about looking at something thats hugging a girls arse to within an inch of its life? And camel toe? Fuckin bring it!

As for fat chicks wearing them, it's simple, look away!

Leggings as pants = 10/10
becy +

Times thanked
<
They're also extremely comfortable and these days that matters more to me than the way it looks.
This is ITM
Home of the NSFW Nazis

« Previous Thread Next Thread »