The Main Room

Doctor Who

Tools
Vote Quimby +

Mr Canada

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,208 Posts
Season 4 has been great. Can't wait for the finale next week. Last Russell T Davies episode. Unfortunately, no season next year, just 4 specials before resuming in 2010.

As for the spoilers above (may want to read after next weeks ep):
Spoiler:
Tennant is shooting this years Xmas special at the moment. Hopefully he returns, does an awesome Doctor.
crabman +

I might be a **** but I'm not a fucking ****.

Times thanked
<
Thanked 8,299 Times in 3,650 Posts
I agree with MissMuffin regarding both Tennant and Tate.
Spoiler:
When I watched the most recent ep I became moderately distressed at the possibility of Tennant being replaced. I think I might actually like his portrayal of The Doctor a smidgeon more than Tom Baker's.

Catherine Tate's character is annoying, but the Billie Piper was worse IMO. Bring back Freema Agyeman as a companion I say.

Regarding the ep, I got chills when they played the transmission coming from the Daleks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiron View Post

How about you people actually learn a little thing called having a fucking conscious and not being heartless sociopath you piece of shit.

الاستماع إلى ... ال التنفس المدينة.

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.
Vote Quimby +

Mr Canada

Times thanked
<
Torrent is up for ep 13.
Shards +

Retired

Times thanked
<
I find the new Who series saccharine, twee & thoroughly gag-worthy, and didn't watch any of the last season..... and don't get me started on Torchwood! But being a Who tragic (a term becoming more appropriate by the day I expect) I can't bear the thought of missing anything worthy of being added to its canon. Can anyone recommend any particular episodes that advances it- y'know, appearances by past foes (Daleks, Cybermen etc.) or anything else especially exceptional that doesn't involve say, the chav bimbo love interest of an apparently advanced humanoid alien intelligence succeeding in convincing a Dalek to reclaim its humanity & learn to lurrrrve..... I am only capable of suspending disbelief so far
*NEW!* d.appleseed- EverGreen pt.1 (November 2009) Techno-Tribal-Progressive-Dubstep mix (41.25MB, 30mins @ 128Kbps)

www.myspace.com/illegalvalue

Last edited by Shards: 06-Jul-08 at 03:36pm

Vote Quimby +

Mr Canada

Times thanked
<
That was a great episode.A little bit of everything. Great way to finish season 4. Bring on the Xmas special.

Spoiler:
poor Donna. Doesn't get to remember any of it. Although it was pretty funny to listen to her talk like the Doctor.
dbb618 +

md5sum < /dev/urandom

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,756 Times in 925 Posts
Spoiler:
yeah, happy that Tennant didn't change into a different actor
Hopped in the car and torpe'ed to the shack
Of Shaheed, "We gotta go back" when he said
"Why?" I said, "We gotta go
'Cause I left my wallet in El Segundo"

http://twitter.com/derekbradley
http://untappd.com/user/dbb618

https://plus.google.com/117630500124...73/posts?hl=en
hanky +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shards

I find the new Who series saccharine, twee & thoroughly gag-worthy, and didn't watch any of the last season..... and don't get me started on Torchwood! But being a Who tragic (a term becoming more appropriate by the day I expect) I can't bear the thought of missing anything worthy of being added to its canon. Can anyone recommend any particular episodes that advances it- y'know, appearances by past foes (Daleks, Cybermen etc.) or anything else especially exceptional that doesn't involve say, the chav bimbo love interest of an apparently advanced humanoid alien intelligence succeeding in convincing a Dalek to reclaim its humanity & learn to lurrrrve..... I am only capable of suspending disbelief so far

I am also not really a fan of the new series. I'm happy for it to be back and running after such a long hiatus and there's clearly still a huge audience for it. But i miss the dodginess of the old series. Bring back Tom Baker!
provide +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shards

Shards i reckon you'll like this current season then. Saying more would ruin it for you...

And Tom Baker is easily the best Doctor but i reckon David Tennant isn't far behind, something of the same sort of baker-esque larrikin in him.
DJ Fusion +

As real as it gets...

Times thanked
<
I've been so bored since season 4 finished I started downloading the REAL season 4. I used to love Tom Baker and the old sets but watching it now is too hard on my brain after getting used to the new Doctor. Worth it for a chuckle but too dated, Tennant is the future of the series.

Can't believe I have to wait till 2010 for more...
ricksta +

Registered Voter

Times thanked
<
Tom Baker wanted nothing to do with the series after he finished up his stint. That's why they had to use rehashed footage for the episode "The Five Doctors". I doubt he will make a comeback as the old, grumpy doctor
Anja +

BMX & 303

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricksta

Tom Baker wanted nothing to do with the series after he finished up his stint. That's why they had to use rehashed footage for the episode "The Five Doctors". I doubt he will make a comeback as the old, grumpy doctor

That's a shame, Baker was great.
Loved that Fang Rock series of DW
Fuzzy Rainbow +

OMG are you serious?

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,136 Posts
i been watching the new season. though i did almost miss the "ghost" of "rose" back in ep 2? i think it was 2. it was a few weeks back. i misss billie piper
Vote Quimby +

Mr Canada

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Fusion

Can't believe I have to wait till 2010 for more...

There will be 4 specials before the next regular season. Just a question of who will be the Doctor. Tenant will be doing the Xmas special, but he's not signed after that.

And after 4 months, I finally finished downloading all the Tom Baker eps. 55GB. would have been done sooner if I people actually shared the damn thing.
dbb618 +

md5sum < /dev/urandom

Times thanked
<
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...30/2405608.htm

Tennant is quitting.

Vote Quimby +

Mr Canada

Times thanked
<
Saw that. Very disappointed with that news. Thought he was great as the Doctor. Maybe there will be enough outcry from the fans to get him to reconsider.
crabman +

I might be a **** but I'm not a fucking ****.

Times thanked
<
Thanked 8,299 Times in 3,650 Posts
He's an awesome Doctor. Such a shame.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiron View Post

How about you people actually learn a little thing called having a fucking conscious and not being heartless sociopath you piece of shit.

الاستماع إلى ... ال التنفس المدينة.

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.
SonicDistortion +

Fresh Prince Of Darkness

Times thanked
<
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

He's been fantastic, I will really have to appreciate his final season. I doubt he'll reconsider, with Hollywood calling and all the roles that's being thrown at him, and the gruelling schedule of Doctor Who, also maybe he's a bit worried about being type cast like previous Doctors. I wish him success in his future endevours!
"All things change in a dynamic environment"

"What has been the biggest high of my career? I was going to say the first time I got presented with two turntables, but change that to the five times I went to Australia. It's brilliant there, great atmosphere at all their parties and a beautiful country besides." - DJ Buzz Fuzz

"Freedom Is A Road Seldom Travelled By The Multitude."
hanky +

Times thanked
<
Rumour has it that Johnson, Mark's boss in Peep Show, is going to be the new Doctor!
dbb618 +

md5sum < /dev/urandom

Times thanked
<
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ho-emerge.html

bookies are offering 3 to 1 on Paterson Joseph.

I wouldn't mind seeing Paul McGann ("I") making a Dr Who comeback.

provide +

Times thanked
<
There is talk of Mcgann making an appearance in the 2009 specials, however the BBC flatly denies his involvement...

And Paterson Joseph has already played a character in Doctor Who ("Parting of the Ways" and "Bad Wolf") so i'm not sure how they would get around that.

Same with all of the rumoured candidates except for James Nesbitt. John Simm has played the Master and is set to reprise the role in the specials next year.

And David Morrisey has apparently been cast in the specials too.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see...
SonicDistortion +

Fresh Prince Of Darkness

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by provide

There is talk of Mcgann making an appearance in the 2009 specials, however the BBC flatly denies his involvement...

And Paterson Joseph has already played a character in Doctor Who ("Parting of the Ways" and "Bad Wolf") so i'm not sure how they would get around that.

Same with all of the rumoured candidates except for James Nesbitt. John Simm has played the Master and is set to reprise the role in the specials next year.

And David Morrisey has apparently been cast in the specials too.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see...

There's rumours that they are trying to get all the surviving Doctors together for either the Christmas special or one of the specials, so it wouldn't surprise me if Paul McGann returns.

As for actors who've already been on the show and being considered for the Doctor, they did it with Colin Baker. In recent times they did it with Gwen from Torchwood, in fact this was touched on in the final episode for this season!

"What has been the biggest high of my career? I was going to say the first time I got presented with two turntables, but change that to the five times I went to Australia. It's brilliant there, great atmosphere at all their parties and a beautiful country besides." - DJ Buzz Fuzz

provide +

Times thanked
<
I just realised they did it with Freema Agyeman as well.

She played Adeola Oshodi in "Army of Ghosts" Season 2, from memory they passed her off as Martha's cousin when Martha first showed up.

Just looking at Colin Bakers episodes though, wonder if we'll ever see epic story lines like the 14 part Trial of a Time Lord again?
SonicDistortion +

Fresh Prince Of Darkness

Times thanked
<
Trial Of A Time Lord is one of the worst episodes ever, they learnt a lot of lessons from that mess. Notice how it'll be one of the last Colin Baker episodes to be put out on DVD.

provide +

Times thanked
<
wasn't commenting on the quality of the episodes, i just kinda miss those epic story lines spread over 5 or 6 episodes that they did in the old series...
SonicDistortion +

Fresh Prince Of Darkness

Times thanked
<
I see, kinda miss the old format too, having said that, the two part episodes in the new series are exactly the same as the standard 4 part episodes of the classic series.

ricksta +

Registered Voter

Times thanked
<
You can't beat Patrick Troughton and The War Games for epics. Ten episodes of being warped from one place to another and then back. Fun for the whole family!
SonicDistortion +

Fresh Prince Of Darkness

Times thanked
<
I was so pissed off the ABC didn't show The War Games a few years ago, apparently they wouldn't show it due to the very tiny scene involving a Dalek, in fact the ABC were given an edited version and still didn't show it! I wrote an extremely angry email to the ABC when they didn't show Destiny Of The Daleks, fortunately many of the Dalek episodes were already on DVD and of course at the time they were on You Tube.

You want epic, The Dalek Masterplan when shown in 1965 went on for 3 months! Pity it doesn't exist in its full glory, apparently it was very good!

ricksta +

Registered Voter

Times thanked
<
I believe there's only one episode remaining of the Dalek epic.

I borrowed the War Games from a friend at about the time it was supposed to be showing on ABC so I didn't get a continuity breakup and I also got to see Patrick Troughton swirling around in a circle when he was 'rejuvenating'.
provide +

Times thanked
<
watched McGann's Doctor Who Movie from 1996 over the weekend. It wasn't bad except for Eric Roberts...
hanky +

Times thanked
<
Ha ha ha...poor Eric.
SonicDistortion +

Fresh Prince Of Darkness

Times thanked
<
I hate that movie so much that I choose to erase it from my history of Doctor Who, only worth watching to see McCoy who should have had more screen time.

hanky +

Times thanked
<
I think McCoy's finest moment as the Doctor was in that film.
provide +

Times thanked
<
what when he opened the door and took a bullet? or when he was reading Wells' "the Time Machine" cause that's about all he does isn't it?
dbb618 +

md5sum < /dev/urandom

Times thanked
<
Dr Who Christmas special is in your Netz.

The Next Doctor: Christmas Eve, 1851, and Cybermen stalk the
snow of Victorian London. But when the Doctor meets another
Doctor, the two must combine forces to stop the rise of the
CyberKing.

Spoiler:

The Doctor - David Tennant (Tenth Doctor)
The Doctor - David Morrissey (maybe the future11th Dr. & maybe not)
Companion - Velile Tshabalala (Rosita)

2009 will NOT have the regular 13 part series (585 min) but only THREE (maybe ??)
60-minute (180 min)

SonicDistortion +

Fresh Prince Of Darkness

Times thanked
<
2009 will have FOUR double episodes. Just watched the Next Doctor, unfortunately its written by RTD but its not bad. ABC are "fast tracking" this episode for a January time slot.

gymboxer +

Creature Feature

Times thanked
<
was ok.... just ok.
"Never wrestle with a pig, you both get dirty and the pig likes it."
Dr Bones +

Gail's in Mensa. She reads books. For fun!

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,113 Times in 743 Posts
i thought i'd revive this thread after getting given all of the new episodes of this. so far, having watched them blindly and randomly, blink is by far the best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kzzy View Post

The music that I push in my opinion is probably a bit too mature for someone who listens to "Trance" but hey, we all have to start somewhere?

SonicDistortion +

Fresh Prince Of Darkness

Times thanked
<
Agreed, Blink is an excellent episode, not surprisingly, it was written by the incoming producer himself.

SonicDistortion +

Fresh Prince Of Darkness

Times thanked
<
Decided to watch Planet Of The Dead during the long weekend, its pretty good but not great. Lee Evans and "Liv Tyler" are excellent and Tennant makes an ordinary RTD script look very good. If anyone knocks on my house four times, I'll get nervous!

SonicDistortion +

Fresh Prince Of Darkness

Times thanked
<
Just a heads up, The Waters Of Mars screened on Saturday and is all over the net. Just watched it, another excellent episode, recommended.

RIP Barry Letts.

Vote Quimby +

Mr Canada

Times thanked
<
Heads up, part 1 of the Xmas special is out now, The End of Time. Part 2 airs New Years Day.
RaVeR_SpIkE +

Yeah Baby 500Gb Internet Fuck Yes

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,733 Times in 1,998 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vote Quimby

Heads up, part 1 of the Xmas special is out now, The End of Time. Part 2 airs New Years Day.

sweet thanks just got pt1 just now
Oblivia +

An entangled inebriate.

Times thanked
<
Media Player
Likes bright colours, dancing, soft fabrics.
Flickr
RaVeR_SpIkE +

Yeah Baby 500Gb Internet Fuck Yes

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,733 Times in 1,998 Posts
just saw end of time pt 1, holy crap the ending blow my mind so many masters
Vote Quimby +

Mr Canada

Times thanked
<
It was an excellent ep. Can't wait for the finale. Sad to see Tenant go.
Vote Quimby +

Mr Canada

Times thanked
<
Part 2 out now.
Big_Deal +

Feeder

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vote Quimby

Sad to see Tenant go.

Tell me about it. He's fantastic.

There was something about him that was strangely somewhat attractive... Until I listened to his real accent.
ricksta +

Registered Voter

Times thanked
<
I thought the same thing. I thought "Who's this dude filling in for Tenant in his interview?"
Big_Deal +

Feeder

Times thanked
<
I'm going to keep watching him as the Doctor until I forget I ever heard that horrible Scottish accent.

I'll start with this awesome clip:

Media Player
Vote Quimby +

Mr Canada

Times thanked
<
Part 2 was really good. Nice touch at the end with his visits.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »