House, Techno and Progressive

Berghain

Page 1 of 11
  Tools
ShinyDiscoball +

Times thanked
<
Berghain
THE MOST ROCKING CLUB IN THE WORLD = BERGHAIN......

I heard the BEST TECHNO I have ever heard! TECHNO THAT IS NOT PLAYED IN OZ..........

I have been royally techno fulfilled beyond the ricter scale. Nothing compares, nothing will not ever back in Melb anyways.

Best club & soundsystem.......AND THE MUSIC WHOAHHHHHHHHHH goosebumps from top to toe!

JEROME SYDNEHAM, LEN FAKI & MARCEL FENGLER absolutely rocked it & delivered the most DEEP, DARK, DRIVING TECHNO.

Highly recommend those who ever go to Berlin & love their tech you must go Berghain & fall in love like I did. lol

definedbyrhythm +

Disconnect yourself

Times thanked
<
100% Agreed...... Was there the last 2 weekends, it fucking rules!!!!! Almost changed my flights so i could stay in Berlin and do a 3rd session. Really wanted to see Fengler. I never left the floor the whole time i was there.... was upset every time I had to piss
http://soundcloud.com/definedbyrhythm

26/01: STRAMM pres. A Night with Defined By Rhythm (5 hours)
20/03: Tresor, Berlin
TECHiONE +

Times thanked
<
Will be there the next few w/ends, Redshape, Ben Klock, Shed, Surgeon...
Ben Dunlop +

So ITM has status updates now or... ?

Times thanked
<
All on the one night? Now THAT is a line up!
Royal +

Times thanked
<
I'm going on Aug 28th to see Scion Versions (Substance/DJ Pete & Vainqueur), Dinky, Âme and Marcel Dettmann amongst others.

jootsiejuice +

I'm a cowboy...

Times thanked
<
http://modeselektor.com/beaconorbearcanorberghain/
AS001

AS002
marksound +

Times thanked
<
My friend just got back from a Berlin trip. He fucked a guy with a metal baseball bat in Berhgain.
FlavourChaser.
Royal +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by marksound View Post

My friend just got back from a Berlin trip. He fucked a guy with a metal baseball bat in Berhgain.

Interesting euphemism. Not sure what it means though.
benkanemill +

Bitch

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal View Post

Interesting euphemism. Not sure what it means though.

Maybe he meant it literally.
Soundcloud
benkanemill +

Bitch

Times thanked
<
That had me amused for ages. lol
Soundcloud
marksound +

Times thanked
<
Yes, literally!
FlavourChaser.
Papanikolas +

In the beginning there was Jack.....Daniels

Times thanked
<
I was there last weekend on Friday night. Only Panorama Bar upstairs was open, but it was pretty mental nonetheless. Awesome music. Got there at about 3am and had to wait 2 hours in the line. Then when you get to the front the scary ass german bouncers reject about 10% of the people. Generally if you are overdressed you wont get in, or in a large group of guys. Lucky I had 2 French girls with me
Royal +

Times thanked
<
Well that was a bit insane. And I didn't even stay late. Amazing.
flatty88 +

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,155 Times in 212 Posts
Wicked review on what goes down on a Saturday night in Berghain.

http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature.aspx?1117
JAZZPAYBACK +

Times thanked
<
brilliant!

I love multiple clicking on them all.

▲MAR1 Kana / Brisbane ▲FEB8 Revolver / Melbourne ▲FEB2 LooseKaboose / Sydney ▲NOV24 w/ DJ Koze / Berlin ▲NOV9 Berns / Stockholm ▲AUG31 Tresor, Berlin
ladyinred +

See you Space Samurai...

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,169 Times in 1,449 Posts
wantstogos

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbomb203 View Post

Sausages make everything better astro. FACT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jameszabiela

I have to disagree with regards to the sausages...

KuRuPTeD +

you gonna get raped

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,458 Times in 624 Posts
got a text from mate travelling over the weekend....

"hey champ just walked into a lil club you may have heard about? sounds like your sort of thing. berghain...know it?"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruso View Post

That cock is glorious, for the record.

Quote:

Originally Posted by i am an alias View Post

i love flashing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

online features dont work when youve got no net connection

DMPM +

Ursidae Magnus

Times thanked
<
Buggered with a Bat at Berghain.
Dollar. Dollar. Bills. Y'all.
ShinyDiscoball +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by marksound View Post

lol anything goes in Berlin.

its fucking crazy!

and seriously I had that such a good a time at Berghain & my time in Berlin........being ROYALLY TECHNO FULFILLED BEYOND THE RICTER SCALE, that I dont really care about clubbing in Melbourne anymore.....I will never get to hear that sorta techno or have such an ultimate clubbing experience as I did in Berghain here, that nothing really interests me anymore.
Once in a blue moon for me, rather save my money & keep travelling!

derek lang +

village idiot

Times thanked
<
i got deep at berghain
chimby +

You've got to be kitten me!

Times thanked
<
Balls deep?
ShinyDiscoball +

Times thanked
<
Brain Surgery Deep
Royal +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShinyDiscoball View Post

Brain Surgery Deep

Deep sea dwelling deep.
Heard some Drexciya dropped a few weeks back.

Get your oxygen tanks on.
Chris Disco +

disco dancer

Times thanked
<

Quote:

I will never get to hear that sorta techno or have such an ultimate clubbing experience as I did in Berghain here, that nothing really interests me anymore.

berghain is pretty amazing, very full on, but i certainly wouldn't rule out other parties and experiences... for example, the labyrinth festival has been more intense, and better, than anything i've experienced at berghain or panorama.
http://mnmlssg.blogspot.com/
ShinyDiscoball +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Disco View Post

berghain is pretty amazing, very full on, but i certainly wouldn't rule out other parties and experiences... for example, the labyrinth festival has been more intense, and better, than anything i've experienced at berghain or panorama.

yeah Im not ruling all other parties out completely, Im just over a lot of it & being let down musically when I know that my kinda techno exists out there in the world.
ofcourse I'll go out here & there just not as much

does Melb have this labyrinth fest? gimme more details.
Chris Disco +

disco dancer

Times thanked
<

Quote:

yeah Im not ruling all other parties out completely, Im just over a lot of it & being let down musically when I know that my kinda techno exists out there in the world.
ofcourse I'll go out here & there just not as much

does Melb have this labyrinth fest? gimme more details.

yeah, i understand what you mean. berghain/panorama is pretty ridiculous. but it is very unique and also has its downsides. so for everyone who doesn't live in berlin, just have to manage the best you can!

as for labyrinth, it is in the hills of japan in about 2 weeks. full details here:

http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/sho...d.php?t=275313

the funktion ones are considerably bigger than at berghain...
Chillin +

needs more lemon pledge

Times thanked
<
The basement of Tresor anyone?
emulator +

arrogant prick

Times thanked
<
The old Tresor. Now that was intense.
DMPM +

Ursidae Magnus

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by emulator View Post

The old Tresor. Now that was intense.

Caught DJ T-1000 down there and it was a bit too much!
Dollar. Dollar. Bills. Y'all.
ausio +

Times thanked
<
fucking spewin i didn't make it to old tresor when living in europe,
ShinyDiscoball +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

yeah, i understand what you mean. berghain/panorama is pretty ridiculous. but it is very unique and also has its downsides. so for everyone who doesn't live in berlin, just have to manage the best you can!

as for labyrinth, it is in the hills of japan in about 2 weeks. full details here:

http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/sho...d.php?t=275313

the funktion ones are considerably bigger than at berghain...

lol I thought you meant Labyrinth was some event in OZ!

id love to go Japan in my lifetime, if I ever go I'll check out Labyrinth.

see what I mean, OVERSEAS is where its as. when the fuck are we gunna get a festival purely dedicated to TECHNO in OZ!
so much can be done & there is a market there for it. could have all genres of techno at different stages ie- a mini Awakenings.
it would be BLOODY SICK MATE!

heavydrug +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

see what I mean, OVERSEAS is where its as. when the fuck are we gunna get a festival purely dedicated to TECHNO in OZ!
so much can be done & there is a market there for it. could have all genres of techno at different stages ie- a mini Awakenings.
it would be BLOODY SICK MATE!

For someone that seems to love EDM quite alot, you don't seem to have much love for aussie promoters that put alot more on the line than most European promoters do when booking underground acts.

Have you seen the Strawberry Fields lineup??

The Techno lineup for that festival is proper and wouldve cost alot........ in fact the whole lineup is proper and wouldve cost alot.

Even though some of the acts at festivals like Strawberry Fields, Rainbow Serpent, Subsonic, Winter Solstice etc might not be to your tastes, they do deliver some world class lineups.

I understand you're mainly talking about Berlin style Techno though

Last edited by heavydrug: 16-Sep-10 at 01:07pm

ShinyDiscoball +

Times thanked
<
I give credit when credit is due & ofcourse Im thankful when OZ promoters bring out quality acts & put on memorable parties. In fact Ive even sent some of them details of dj's I want to see in OZ & have given promoters details to artists before too. lol. I just wish we had MORE VARIETY OF 'CLUB' style gigs where a really good tech dj plays the style I want from start till end for longer than 2 hours.

Yeah lineup looks good for Strawberry, & rest are just festivals. Im talking more club wise! dont get me wrong Melb rocks & is the best city club/music wise in OZ! However I know that more better quality rocking tunes CAN be played out here & its simply not by locals that I know anyways. That deep dark pounding driving quality Berghain style where can I hear that in Melb you tell me.

ofcourse Awakenings would've cost a lot, but Melb tech heads or maybe even different promoters could come together & work out a concept & make a mini Melb version (obviously not have so many artists) but you get my drift. Imagine hypothetically Stereosonic was going to be a full TECHNO event....and no other genre on the lineup, but different sub-genres of tech - minimal, deep, tech house, harder tech, detroit tech....these pussy muzza wannabes, etc, etc, etc would bloody love it, its just that they dont know what TECHNO is!

Last edited by ShinyDiscoball: 16-Sep-10 at 09:44pm

heavydrug +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

I give credit when credit is due & ofcourse Im thankful when OZ promoters bring out quality acts & put on memorable parties. In fact Ive even sent some of them details of dj's I want to see in OZ & have given promoters details to artists before too. lol. I just wish we had MORE VARIETY OF 'CLUB' style gigs where a really good tech dj plays the style I want from start till end for longer than 2 hours.

Yeah lineup looks good for Strawberry, & rest are just festivals. Im talking more club wise! dont get me wrong Melb rocks & is the best city club/music wise in OZ! However I know that more better quality rocking tunes CAN be played out here & its simply not by locals that I know anyways. That deep dark pounding driving quality Berghain style where can I hear that in Melb you tell me.

ofcourse Awakenings would've cost a lot, but Melb tech heads or maybe even different promoters could come together & work out a concept & make a mini Melb version (obviously not have so many artists) but you get my drift. Imagine hypothetically Stereosonic was going to be a full TECHNO event....and no other genre on the lineup, but different sub-genres of tech - minimal, deep, tech house, harder tech, detroit tech....these pussy muzza wannabes, etc, etc, etc would bloody love it, its just that they dont know what TECHNO is!

I know what you mean but I'm not really into Australian events that are just trying to emulate overseas parties..... it's just lame.

We have a huge amount of talent here, across all genres of EDM.

We have parties that have a feel to them that you cannot get anywhere else in the world..... I just roll my eyes when I see these euro labels/brands trying to do shit over here these days.

I just think drawing a comparison between Berghain style Techno and what we get here is a little pointless........... Germany is not a conservative place like Australia is, so to expect Australian people to flock to a festival with nothing but Techno is a pipedream.

I know it probably doesn't interest you because you're not into that style of music.... but Australia has one of, if not THE best Psychadelic scene in the world. Our parties here are the envy of alot of people all over the world... and we have some amazing producers reppin all over the world in that scene.

For a country with a small population, we're doing pretty well on the EDM side of things......

Basically what I'm trying to say is that we have it pretty good as it is, if you're willing to open your mind to other styles......... It would be lovely but we cannot have it all.
ShinyDiscoball +

Times thanked
<
Trust me Im a rare breed, love my music with a passion from all broads of genres, yet am specific in what I like. I am very open to other styles however my kind of techno style that I personally love is what gets my blood pumping ya know what I mean!
When you hear tracks that give you GOOSEBUMPS, from top to toe over & over....and you are in AWE at hearing amazing tracks you've never heard before (eg, myself in Berghain) then you will understand what Im on about. Im not dissing OZ, Im just saying we ARE LACKING that kind of tech. HOWEVER Sundee night had a ball at the Marcel Dettman gig. THE DEEP & DARK SHIT! bring it on!
Caught_in_a_Mosh +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Trust me Im a rare breed, love my music with a passion from all broads of genres, yet am specific in what I like. I am very open to other styles however my kind of techno style that I personally love is what gets my blood pumping ya know what I mean!
When you hear tracks that give you GOOSEBUMPS, from top to toe over & over....and you are in AWE at hearing amazing tracks you've never heard before (eg, myself in Berghain) then you will understand what Im on about. Im not dissing OZ, Im just saying we ARE LACKING that kind of tech. HOWEVER Sundee night had a ball at the Marcel Dettman gig. THE DEEP & DARK SHIT! bring it on!

lol Love the PASSION. Rare breed we are indeed

Berghain truly is in a league of its own, brings a smile to my face every time I think about how off the hook unfknbelievable it is. Speechless. Until next time.......
benkanemill +

Bitch

Times thanked
<
Basically what ya saying is that we don't have berghain here. Problem is berghain already exists. It exists in Berlin.
ShinyDiscoball +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by benkanemill View Post

Basically what ya saying is that we don't have berghain here. Problem is berghain already exists. It exists in Berlin.

no shit Sherlock.

lol

Once we start INCORPORATING MORE & MORE QUALITY FKN TECHNO ie- the kind of techno played OVERSEAS & in such clubs such as Berghain for example, DEEP & DARK style etc, is when I will decide to come out & play!

I am hoping over summer time, techno promoters will be doing their utmost best to put some INTIMATE CLUB EVENTS on, with an array of quality ROCKING djs so I can get my tech fix. The deeper the darker the better & preferably longer international set times. 6hours or so. eg Len Faki, Jerome Sydneham AS AN EXAMPLE! The list goes on.

CAN YOU DIG IT!

arn_e +

bleeps&squeeks

Times thanked
<
i want THAT print in my study.
[ * ] [+]
[ M#2 ] [ M ] [ F ] [--]
Chris Disco +

disco dancer

Times thanked
<
we don't need more berghains. if you are going to copy anything, take their attitude and ethos. dont try to recreate berghain.

ps - len faki blows hard.
deep audio +

blah!

Times thanked
<

Quote:

we don't need more berghains. if you are going to copy anything, take their attitude and ethos. dont try to recreate berghain.

ps - len faki blows hard.

ABitPatchy +

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,550 Times in 1,587 Posts
ShinyDiscoBall your posts hurt my brain.
ShinyDiscoball +

Times thanked
<
lol pussychoirboys! hahaha hurt your brain. lol doesnt take much now does it.

Chris Disco.......you obviously cant comprehend.....

its not about re-creating Berghain, NOTHING will ever compare or come close,....although why cant we have the sort of music played over there- PLAYED HERE too! WHY I tell ya why, coz EVERYONES A FKN PUSSY here! lol we are musically BEHIND in that kind of TECHNO in OZ & thats a FACT! we dont get much of it, only 'sometimes' once in a blue moon when a good event with a good international comes down!

oh & heard Berghain was BURNING on FIRE! by Mr Len Faki this past Saturday, re: my long lost German twin lol.
if you heard the kind of tech he played LIVE in action Mr Disco....he would BLOW you a new asshole & tear you to shreds. (nothing like anything I have heard by him before-a million times better) don't underestimate!

Chris Disco +

disco dancer

Times thanked
<

Quote:

lol pussychoirboys! hahaha hurt your brain. lol doesnt take much now does it.

Chris Disco.......you obviously cant comprehend.....

its not about re-creating Berghain, NOTHING will ever compare or come close,....although why cant we have the sort of music played over there- PLAYED HERE too! WHY I tell ya why, coz EVERYONES A FKN PUSSY here! lol we are musically BEHIND in that kind of TECHNO in OZ & thats a FACT! we dont get much of it, only 'sometimes' once in a blue moon when a good event with a good international comes down!

oh & heard Berghain was BURNING on FIRE! by Mr Len Faki this past Saturday, re: my long lost German twin lol.
if you heard the kind of tech he played LIVE in action Mr Disco....he would BLOW you a new asshole & tear you to shreds. (nothing like anything I have heard by him before-a million times better) don't underestimate!

umm.... in february this year i was backstage at berghain behind the DJ booth with regis and function while silent servant was DJ'ing. so perhaps, just maybe, i might know what berghain is like.

and i have seen len faki twice this year, once in berghain, the other one in the berghain beer garden. he sucked hard. boring banging techno for people who have taken too many drugs.
Chris Disco +

disco dancer

Times thanked
<
and the other thing i would say, if you are not happy about the situation, do something about it instead of writing on ITM with caps lock on. just listen to shed:

take soloaction.
Yorke Hunt +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

boring banging techno for people who have taken too many drugs.

oi! whats wrong with a bit of banging tech?

hehehe
May Mix Available Now: http://soundcloud.com/yorkehunt/yorke-hunt-may-2010
soundcloud.com/yorkehunt : twitter.com/yorkehunt : facebook.com/yorkehunt : myspace.com/yorkehunt
Chris Disco +

disco dancer

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yorke Hunt View Post

oi! whats wrong with a bit of banging tech?

hehehe

nothing wrong with banging techno (i grew up on the advent). but you can make it interesting. faki doesn't have much depth or range. the other berghain DJs shit all over him. klock is a bit too linear for me, but if you like banging, him or dettmann do a much better job of it.
Yorke Hunt +

Times thanked
<
May Mix Available Now: http://soundcloud.com/yorkehunt/yorke-hunt-may-2010
soundcloud.com/yorkehunt : twitter.com/yorkehunt : facebook.com/yorkehunt : myspace.com/yorkehunt
ShinyDiscoball +

Times thanked
<
Function!!! wish I was there would love to see him. Why dont you go get FUNCTION down here mr sikkhunt behind the dj box lol

I never said you didnt know anything about Berghain....just you haven't gotten my main point on what Ive been going on about this whole thread.

If you dont like Faki style then you dont appreciate the style I like, I love my techno, I love all types of it however I LOVE IT HARD DARK & NASTY the most. And the set I heard him play at Berghain was ROCKING balls to the wall, fist pumpin, head banging ROCKING!

and this is an internet forum freedom of public speech I am allowed to APPRECIATE this club & I love hearing other peoples experiences as well from there & I am allowed to vent my frustratizione's about the scene here too. lol Ive spoken to promoters before & have had some interesting convos. But yes you're right I am preaching to the deaf.

CBF

!!!
hehe
ShinyDiscoball +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

nothing wrong with banging techno (i grew up on the advent). but you can make it interesting. faki doesn't have much depth or range. the other berghain DJs shit all over him. klock is a bit too linear for me, but if you like banging, him or dettmann do a much better job of it.

pppppppppppp
uuuuuuu
sssssssssssss
ssssss
yyyyyyyyyyyyy

not much depth...........
oh boy

ITS NOT A CONTEST WHO IS MORE BANGING. I LOVE DETTMAN he is in a league of his own.
IM JUST SAYING BRING THIS TYPE OF TECHNO MORE AND MORE OF IT, the Dettmans, the Klock, Sydneham etc, Function to OZ.gosh! lol
:a hoy:
Page 1 of 11

« Previous Thread Next Thread »