The Main Room

Have you learnt a lesson recently and if so what was the lesson? Describe using words

Reply
Page 51 of 51
  Tools
crabman +

I might be a **** but I'm not a fucking ****.

crabman's Avatar
Joined
Oct '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 15,417
Thanked 8,299 Times in 3,650 Posts
Posts
14,137
Today I learnt not to look up names dropped by peaks when I'm at work.

btw...

Spoiler:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiron View Post

How about you people actually learn a little thing called having a fucking conscious and not being heartless sociopath you piece of shit.

الاستماع إلى ... ال التنفس المدينة.

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

SpaceMonkey's Avatar
Joined
Jul '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 519
Thanked 6,687 Times in 3,877 Posts
Posts
35,221

Quote:

Originally Posted by pEAkeR_hAT View Post

These two 19 year old backpackers are at my work and one of them has the same body as Ivana Fuckalot,

its crazy,

i told her i take her surfing, she likes diving so i said i also go regularly diving,

so now i have to learn how to dive,

I don't want to try anything with her, just want to see her in a bikini

lesson learnt

i am completely controlled by pretty girls all the time constantly

Tell her your dad's a badass pro diver (and hook a brother up if she comes east)
Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Derelict's Avatar
Joined
Oct '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 5,921
Thanked 5,918 Times in 3,420 Posts
Posts
29,575

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post

Tell her your dad's a badass pro diver (and hook a brother up if she comes east)

I must admit when I was reading peaker's post in your quote, I thought he was referring to olympic style diving

Quote:

Originally Posted by plan-b View Post

Crownies really are VB in a fancy bottle

I'd go one step further and say that they're worse.
Music is the best drug.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

PM derelict for manual labour shit

pEAkeR_hAT +

"The Peoples' Champion"

pEAkeR_hAT's Avatar
Joined
Apr '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 8,416
Thanked 4,661 Times in 2,288 Posts
Posts
12,345

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post

Tell her your dad's a badass pro diver (and hook a brother up if she comes east)

Her friend is probably an 8/10 also who works there now as well, she's really shy and sweet, but also really hot, but she is so sweet i would just want to hold her hand

Anyway, the thing that got me excited was that they are only in Perth for 8 weeks (so I can bang, then they will be gone b4 anything can go wrong), then my good man Spacemonkey, these two 40-45kg 19year olds, are buying a car and driving across Australia

Seriously if it goes well, i'll tell them I have a cousin who lives over east who is a commercial diver and knows all the best spots to dive (the really hot one dives all the time), and i'm sure they'll look you up, (since they have no money/contacts),

This guy from the kitchen is scheming, also this other bartender, but they both have no chance,

Also i think if i go for the 8/10 instead of the 9/10 that will be the key for me

TLR, in 2 months they want contacts from East coast, so let me know !

ps. both no bf also, straight out of highschool, on their "gap" year
Spoiler:

Quote:

Originally Posted by borrisGLOWSTICK View Post

Life trainwreck stories, bewbs, mod angering drug implicated posts and 2fast2furious only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mliro View Post

that’s terrible spastic
also I would imagine a little disheartening that he has never attempted to drug rape you?

SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

SpaceMonkey's Avatar
Joined
Jul '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 519
Thanked 6,687 Times in 3,877 Posts
Posts
35,221
Seriously man defo tell them we can take them diving- as much as I talk the talk I'd probably just settle for getting them along for a dive as eye candy
pEAkeR_hAT +

"The Peoples' Champion"

pEAkeR_hAT's Avatar
Joined
Apr '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 8,416
Thanked 4,661 Times in 2,288 Posts
Posts
12,345
Yeah done for sure,
Spoiler:

Quote:

Originally Posted by borrisGLOWSTICK View Post

Life trainwreck stories, bewbs, mod angering drug implicated posts and 2fast2furious only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mliro View Post

that’s terrible spastic
also I would imagine a little disheartening that he has never attempted to drug rape you?

GoodLove +

likes this

GoodLove's Avatar
Joined
Mar '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 496
Thanked 3,799 Times in 1,892 Posts
Posts
6,465
Interstate juvie hotty arrangements, featuring SpaceMonkey and Son
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

SpaceMonkey's Avatar
Joined
Jul '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 519
Thanked 6,687 Times in 3,877 Posts
Posts
35,221
My evil transcends state boundaries
Hemerage +

Giddy'up!

Hemerage's Avatar
Joined
Nov '03
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 706
Thanked 1,398 Times in 600 Posts
Posts
5,992
Arrange some hungry fish to devour their swimmers.

*edit* Not sure if you can talk to fish yet
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

SpaceMonkey's Avatar
Joined
Jul '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 519
Thanked 6,687 Times in 3,877 Posts
Posts
35,221

Quote:

Originally Posted by pEAkeR_hAT View Post

ps. both no bf also, straight out of highschool, on their "gap" year

I expect a detailed report on both of their gaps within a fortnight.
Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Derelict's Avatar
Joined
Oct '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 5,921
Thanked 5,918 Times in 3,420 Posts
Posts
29,575
I learned not to leave Devondale Dairy Soft One "Made with butter" out in a hot cabin all day. It turned to liquid and separated into two parts, and one part remains liquid when it's cooled down again. I usually leave it out of the fridge so it spreads easier. Oops. I'll still use it, it just seems to be super salty now.
Music is the best drug.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

PM derelict for manual labour shit

crabman +

I might be a **** but I'm not a fucking ****.

crabman's Avatar
Joined
Oct '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 15,417
Thanked 8,299 Times in 3,650 Posts
Posts
14,137

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiron View Post

How about you people actually learn a little thing called having a fucking conscious and not being heartless sociopath you piece of shit.

الاستماع إلى ... ال التنفس المدينة.

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.
DirtyKnees +

Registered User

DirtyKnees's Avatar
Joined
Jun '12
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 366
Thanked 419 Times in 183 Posts
Posts
754

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derelict View Post

I learned not to leave Devondale Dairy Soft One "Made with butter" out in a hot cabin all day. It turned to liquid and separated into two parts, and one part remains liquid when it's cooled down again. I usually leave it out of the fridge so it spreads easier. Oops. I'll still use it, it just seems to be super salty now.


...just buy new butter? Or better yet, get margarine?
crabman +

I might be a **** but I'm not a fucking ****.

crabman's Avatar
Joined
Oct '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 15,417
Thanked 8,299 Times in 3,650 Posts
Posts
14,137
Cracking the shits, calling an employee a fucking idiot, and then taking the next day off is a good way to get a pay rise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiron View Post

How about you people actually learn a little thing called having a fucking conscious and not being heartless sociopath you piece of shit.

الاستماع إلى ... ال التنفس المدينة.

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.
Morphee +

Everybody recognise rastaman to show them some knowledge

Morphee's Avatar
Joined
Feb '03
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 9,884
Thanked 3,987 Times in 1,931 Posts
Posts
16,626
So thats what I've been doing wrong all these years?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRZA View Post

hiphop mixing is where its at. 30 second snippets. 100+ tracks an hour. just scratch the shit out of a record between em and smash the cross fader like OJ treats a white girl.

crabman +

I might be a **** but I'm not a fucking ****.

crabman's Avatar
Joined
Oct '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 15,417
Thanked 8,299 Times in 3,650 Posts
Posts
14,137
Last time I tried it I ended up having half a year off.

Go on, flip that coin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiron View Post

How about you people actually learn a little thing called having a fucking conscious and not being heartless sociopath you piece of shit.

الاستماع إلى ... ال التنفس المدينة.

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.
Morphee +

Everybody recognise rastaman to show them some knowledge

Morphee's Avatar
Joined
Feb '03
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 9,884
Thanked 3,987 Times in 1,931 Posts
Posts
16,626
Maybe when I'm closer to moving...

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRZA View Post

hiphop mixing is where its at. 30 second snippets. 100+ tracks an hour. just scratch the shit out of a record between em and smash the cross fader like OJ treats a white girl.

crabman +

I might be a **** but I'm not a fucking ****.

crabman's Avatar
Joined
Oct '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 15,417
Thanked 8,299 Times in 3,650 Posts
Posts
14,137
Bawwwwwwwwwk bok bok bok bok bok bok bakawk!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiron View Post

How about you people actually learn a little thing called having a fucking conscious and not being heartless sociopath you piece of shit.

الاستماع إلى ... ال التنفس المدينة.

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.
GoodLove +

likes this

GoodLove's Avatar
Joined
Mar '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 496
Thanked 3,799 Times in 1,892 Posts
Posts
6,465
Agreed
Morphee +

Everybody recognise rastaman to show them some knowledge

Morphee's Avatar
Joined
Feb '03
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 9,884
Thanked 3,987 Times in 1,931 Posts
Posts
16,626
Well played crab. Well played.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRZA View Post

hiphop mixing is where its at. 30 second snippets. 100+ tracks an hour. just scratch the shit out of a record between em and smash the cross fader like OJ treats a white girl.

smorchika +

Registered User

smorchika's Avatar
Joined
May '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 3,349
Thanked 510 Times in 349 Posts
Posts
5,229
Learning lots of things about lots of other things, learning what my values are and how strongly i hold on to them, which is always an interesting thing, particularly when you stand alone.

Rediscovered that i hate bureaucracy (perhaps more so than ever before).
Learning that there aren't any easy answers, that often nothing is fixed (unless its bureaucratic) and that taking people as they are, and not who you want them to be, wish they would be, or even think they are, is a super hard lesson.
Also, Anthony Bourdain is my latest discovery. Do love.
plan-b +

I found the Treasure of Mêlée Island and all I got was this stupid user title

plan-b's Avatar
Joined
Dec '03
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 497
Thanked 646 Times in 433 Posts
Posts
19,319
Laundry detergent doesn't stay solvent, when it hardens it's a pain in the arse to remove.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruso View Post

Just to clarify where the line is drawn:

  • Ragging on someone when they're actively posting and pretty much asking for it: OK
  • Starting a new joke train on them when they're not around: Please don't

gotamangina +

o.O

gotamangina's Avatar
Joined
May '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 13,812
Thanked 9,243 Times in 4,157 Posts
Posts
11,496
You resurrected a year old thread for that?
plan-b +

I found the Treasure of Mêlée Island and all I got was this stupid user title

plan-b's Avatar
Joined
Dec '03
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 497
Thanked 646 Times in 433 Posts
Posts
19,319

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotamangina View Post

You resurrected a year old thread for that?

It was only on the second page
gotamangina +

o.O

gotamangina's Avatar
Joined
May '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 13,812
Thanked 9,243 Times in 4,157 Posts
Posts
11,496
plan-b +

I found the Treasure of Mêlée Island and all I got was this stupid user title

plan-b's Avatar
Joined
Dec '03
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 497
Thanked 646 Times in 433 Posts
Posts
19,319
lol?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruso View Post

Just to clarify where the line is drawn:

  • Ragging on someone when they're actively posting and pretty much asking for it: OK
  • Starting a new joke train on them when they're not around: Please don't

gotamangina +

o.O

gotamangina's Avatar
Joined
May '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 13,812
Thanked 9,243 Times in 4,157 Posts
Posts
11,496
Only if you really want to.
airconteka +

moving sideways in a forward motion

airconteka's Avatar
Joined
Dec '06
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,899
Thanked 12,697 Times in 6,102 Posts
Posts
22,984
Unspoilt by Progress
Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Derelict's Avatar
Joined
Oct '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 5,921
Thanked 5,918 Times in 3,420 Posts
Posts
29,575
I learnt not to bump year old topics or face gotamangina's wrath!
Music is the best drug.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

PM derelict for manual labour shit

plan-b +

I found the Treasure of Mêlée Island and all I got was this stupid user title

plan-b's Avatar
Joined
Dec '03
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 497
Thanked 646 Times in 433 Posts
Posts
19,319
Tbh it wasn't much of a wrath.
WalterBrown +

Registered User

WalterBrown's Avatar
Joined
Mar '14
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,269
Thanked 517 Times in 313 Posts
Posts
1,352
ooooOOOO thems be fightin words ^


Spoiler:
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT !
plan-b +

I found the Treasure of Mêlée Island and all I got was this stupid user title

plan-b's Avatar
Joined
Dec '03
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 497
Thanked 646 Times in 433 Posts
Posts
19,319
All this over a thread on page 2?
smorchika +

Registered User

smorchika's Avatar
Joined
May '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 3,349
Thanked 510 Times in 349 Posts
Posts
5,229
A guy I worked with and for a time was quite good friends with, died last month. I only found out tonight.
Im not sure how to say this and perhaps it seems somewhat trivial, but he'd facebooked me some while back and i'd refused the request, and then he left work. I didnt end up staying in touch, but had known he was somewhat unwell for some while.
I had meant, to send him a message and see how he was going, and tell him that I was thinking of him and hoping that things were panning out somewhat better, as when I last heard, things were sort of on the mend.
I didnt, I never said anything, i didnt keep in contact at all and now it's too late... For whatever reason, I lost the opportunity to say anything further.
it also made me realise just how closed off i am, and how much I take for granted and how really, it wouldnt have been any kind of trouble to reach out and say something, and yet, I chose not to. urgh.
and now i regret not making the effort.

lesson: life is short, be open, be generous in your relationships, and make the effort.
plan-b +

I found the Treasure of Mêlée Island and all I got was this stupid user title

plan-b's Avatar
Joined
Dec '03
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 497
Thanked 646 Times in 433 Posts
Posts
19,319

Quote:

Originally Posted by smorchika View Post

A guy I worked with and for a time was quite good friends with, died last month. I only found out tonight.
Im not sure how to say this and perhaps it seems somewhat trivial, but he'd facebooked me some while back and i'd refused the request, and then he left work. I didnt end up staying in touch, but had known he was somewhat unwell for some while.
I had meant, to send him a message and see how he was going, and tell him that I was thinking of him and hoping that things were panning out somewhat better, as when I last heard, things were sort of on the mend.
I didnt, I never said anything, i didnt keep in contact at all and now it's too late... For whatever reason, I lost the opportunity to say anything further.
it also made me realise just how closed off i am, and how much I take for granted and how really, it wouldnt have been any kind of trouble to reach out and say something, and yet, I chose not to. urgh.
and now i regret not making the effort.

lesson: life is short, be open, be generous in your relationships, and make the effort.

I had similar, a guy I worked with years ago randomly added me on Facebook and LinkedIn some time in 2011/2012. We often talked of catching up for a beer but never did. Then a few months ago I thought, "I wonder how Baz is doing" clicked on his Facebook page and saw it full of condolences and eulogies

Life is short, always make time for that beer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruso View Post

Just to clarify where the line is drawn:

  • Ragging on someone when they're actively posting and pretty much asking for it: OK
  • Starting a new joke train on them when they're not around: Please don't

Onijin +

Pastor of Muppets

Onijin's Avatar
Joined
Jan '10
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 3,562
Thanked 654 Times in 416 Posts
Posts
4,270
Today, I learnt that the animal from the Alan Alan Alan Steve Steve Steve talking animal skit is a marmot. I thought it was a prairie dog, but I was wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimby View Post

Needs more Prog imo.

My SoundCloud
Page 51 of 51
Reply

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Posting Rules

+
    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts