Tools
borrisGLOWSTICK +

Shinra Rocket no.26

Times thanked
<
Thanked 7,349 Times in 1,483 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigGroovyFcuker View Post

would be better with inglis' face shooped in but..

Crazy people are ace doorslammers.

Full dark, no stars.
kris-ko +

KoThnxBai

Times thanked
<

Quote:

would be better with inglis' face shooped in but..

All good, I'll shop his face in when he does the same for the Bunnies.
Words I've Written
Skins (free downloads of deep/tech/prog house originals)
Fromage Of Reason (DJ mix of house reboots of pop classics - Hall & Oates, NKOTB, et al)
Dero13 +

Roar Roar Brisbane Roar!!!

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,302 Times in 833 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragedmachine View Post

You serious? It happened in the 72nd minute. If it was denied, we would have had all the momentum.

Err yeh ok
Fledz +

Royal Astrological Metaphysician

Times thanked
<
Thanked 6,163 Times in 3,050 Posts
What an absolute fucking travesty. That was never in a million years and try and they gave it to him.
Also this shit about Origin being played in Melbourne is just that. Shit. Fuck off and get it back into NSW/QLD.
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,382 Times in 1,226 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheelWinston View Post

can we make a rule that anyone who posts 'go Qld!' from tomorrow is banned, unless they've already posted in this thread previously?

didn't we all agree to this

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonPrice View Post

ITM is, as far as I can see, the institute of trolls and memes. Alas and alack---it's time for my evening meal.

Infringing on copyrights since 1999

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
borrisGLOWSTICK +

Shinra Rocket no.26

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragedmachine View Post

You serious? It happened in the 72nd minute. If it was denied, we would have had all the momentum.

/cough 40 metre field goal attempt
/cough excellent usage of momentum

Full dark, no stars.
moskate +

Times thanked
<
That was both disappointing regarding the end result but also encouraging considering we were the better team for periods of that match.

Play Farah for 80min, pick another forward or play Buhrer as a second rower. No real changes needed injuries permitting. More to follow tomorrow
borrisGLOWSTICK +

Shinra Rocket no.26

Times thanked
<

Quote:

didn't we all agree to this

Mayybee some of us read this thread but didnt want to get invloved in the obvious NSW circle jerk that has been going on? And now that all that circle jerking has cum (lol get it?) to naught we feel the need to gloat at the inflated egos and sooking?

Full dark, no stars.
Dero13 +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fledz View Post

What an absolute fucking travesty. That was never in a million years and try and they gave it to him.

"It was a fair try despite its ungainliness."

NSW coach Ricky Stuart
Abziie +

Times thanked
<
we never stood a chance. playing with honour, integrity and class gets you nowhere.

if you want to win an origin match, especially in a grubby city like Melbourne, you got to deliver a big brown paper bag to the refs box before kick of.
budoo +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abziie View Post

playing with honour, integrity and class gets you nowhere.

Fucking hell, is this for real?
borrisGLOWSTICK +

Shinra Rocket no.26

Times thanked
<

All this butthurt is great! On the flipside though, not looking forward to a NSW series win when it happens, if the sour grapes in here are any indication the over the top gloating will be even worse.

Full dark, no stars.
Abziie +

Times thanked
<
All impartial observers know that the game was rigged.

Qld constantly offside. Cronk taking out Hayne. Brett Stewarts legitimate try disallowed. inglis's knock on called a try. Jennings sin binned for ??? ...the list goes on an on.

The boys can be proud for not losing heart and fighting till the end.
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
<
Thanked 6,687 Times in 3,877 Posts

Quote:

we never stood a chance. playing with honour, integrity and class gets you nowhere.

if you want to win an origin match, especially in a grubby city like Melbourne, you got to deliver a big brown paper bag to the refs box before kick of.

Loved Jennings' honour and integrity going for the flying punch over the back of a teammate....

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdoodle View Post

not liking yoda is like knocking back a root when presented nude in a YD change room

Quote:

Originally Posted by mischa21 View Post

^mmmm all this talk of meat is getting me excited.

CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,172 Posts
i dont know what to say

Cant really be mad at any of the blues, they put in hardcore and i dont doubt any of their commitment. I wont rag on any of them, even in club footy

Qldfags look like they have all of the skill but none of the motivation.

Im not going to get mad at refs, its in their nature to get things wrong

Also hi to all the blowins, if you're looking for a team to follow during the regular season, I can recommend the Balmain Ryde Campbelltown Eastwood Leumeah Tigers
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
<

Quote:

All impartial observers know that the game was rigged.

Qld constantly offside. Cronk taking out Hayne. Brett Stewarts legitimate try disallowed. inglis's knock on called a try. Jennings sin binned for ??? ...the list goes on an on.

The boys can be proud for not losing heart and fighting till the end.

Alls i can say is, the ref seemed to be keeping a great 12m for most of the game. And seriously, cut off jennings balls or suspend him for the next 3 panthers games if u want, but giving someone 10 mins in an origin game for throwing a wild air swing like that?

Fucking weak.

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,165 Times in 1,295 Posts
Oh wow. I don't think any of the officials will be getting another SOO game for a long time.

The Jennings sin bin that led to a try, Birdys tackle that wasn't a penalty lead to a try, and then the rubbish call on the Inglis try.

I tipped Qld, but fuck me count yourselves lucky ****s. NSW were dominating the shit out of Qld in general play, they just got the rough end of the stick when it came to the officials. Your reign is at an end this year or next.

Thoughts on a way forward: drop cregh for choc, drop buhrer for someone and keep Robbie on for 80 as others have said.
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
<
Thanked 6,687 Times in 3,877 Posts
Wtf guys, he ran 30m to get involved and put a dog shot on a blindsided player... Jennings totally deserved 10, entirely his fault.

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,165 Times in 1,295 Posts
How many times has Thaiday stayed on after doing much worse?

I'll be very interested to hear what Bill Harrigan has to say on the matters at hand.
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
<
Rothfield has started the hashtag #NRLincrisis ... where was that shit when the Tiges were robbed of the 2010 and 2011 premierships?!
mattpolo8 +

on a good day...

Times thanked
<
just got home from the game and a long night.

thoughts...well:
creagh needs to go
buhrer needs to go and farah to play 80

wow that was the worst call in origin history. 56 000 fans knew it from the first replay..let alone the 25th the video ref had to see. the qld fans in front and behind me were in agreeance it should've been no try. just ruined the end.

the sin bin for jennings was harsh. sure give him 10 in a club game but this is origin, way to ruin the free flowing of the game. don't get me wrong, fully deserved, but not in a rep game.

nsw were the better team by a country mile, just didn't make the most of opportunities. kind of same old, though we haven't really been the better team for a while.

here's to a good series coming up!
jackles +

alan dale is _the_ man

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheelWinston View Post

Rothfield has started the hashtag #NRLincrisis ... where was that shit when the Tiges were robbed of the 2010 and 2011 premierships?!

having a laugh surely?.. tigers fan feeling hard done by from refs? lolworthy. your past 4 wins this season have been gifted to you by reffing decisions.. and lets face it, in 2010 you got romped by a rampaging roosters team and should have got beaten by canberra the following week if campese hadnt got injured

hardly surprising about the call in the soo game, these absolute ****s get it wrong more times than right - to the point we should almost do away with the video ref, agree to show no slowed down replays and just have the ref decide on the spot.

had nsw +12.5 start in last leg of my multi so not entirely fussed, still think we were the better team by a mile. qld looked slow and lacked depth compared to previous years. if nsw win next game it could be interesting in game 3!
franko123 +

Hello, this is your captain speaking.

Times thanked
<
Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Times thanked
<
Thanked 5,918 Times in 3,420 Posts
How was the second one not a penalty Scotty? You can't dump tackle, it's a really fucking simple rule. Whether he falls on his head or not, his legs were lifter higher than his waist.
jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,490 Times in 1,490 Posts
refs boss has admited the refs got a bunch of decisions wrong
cheats

carney was pretty poor last night, not sure what happened. Farah put to bed any rubbish about buderus being looked at, farah hooker for the series
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." John Stuart Mill
Punk in Drublic +

Can I get a hell yeah?

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derelict View Post

How was the second one not a penalty Scotty? You can't dump tackle, it's a really fucking simple rule. Whether he falls on his head or not, his legs were lifter higher than his waist.

Fans want consistency.

There was an identical tackle by QLD in the second half that wasn't pulled up
Zodiac +

What do you mean we aren't going to the Superbowl?

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,335 Times in 1,825 Posts
So after sleeping on it I've come to the realisation that the G.I. incident was a great fumble recovery touchdown, the NFL would be proud.
"Words are bullshit. They are just useless sounds we make with our stupid mouths". Rafi - The league
Zodiac +

Times thanked
<
We won the penalty count & possession and still couldnt get infront. The couple of dodgy calls cost us a chance at winning but by no means did they cost us the game.

I'm just glad to see so many NSW fans finally having some passion. It's been lacking for years and if it takes those couple of iffy decisions is what it took for all of NSW to get finally get behind the team and show the same passion the QLDers do then I can certainly live with them.

For what its worth, apparently Harrigan has already told Sticky that it should have been awarded no try.
"Words are bullshit. They are just useless sounds we make with our stupid mouths". Rafi - The league
Dero13 +

Times thanked
<
Bring on the excuses

Would coulda shoulda

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dero13 View Post

"It was a fair try despite its ungainliness."

NSW coach Ricky Stuart

Just in case anyone missed what Ricky Stuart said
BRISBANE ROAR FC

A-League Titles 3 times
2010-11 2011-12 2013-14

CHELSEA FC

First Div / EPL Titles 4 times
1954–55 2004–05 2005–06 2009–10

FA Cups 7 times
1969–70 1996–97 1999–00 2006–07 2008–09 2009–10 2011-12

European Champs
2011-12 (only London team to do it)
Zodiac +

Times thanked
<
I hope Robbie is going into surgery today to have that leg of his removed. How dare he land on it like he did when changing directions to attempt a tackle.
Zodiac +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dero13 View Post

Just in case anyone missed what Ricky Stuart said

It's called sarcasm and not wanting to be fined.
Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Times thanked
<
Thanked 5,918 Times in 3,420 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punk in Drublic View Post

Fans want consistency.

There was an identical tackle by QLD in the second half that wasn't pulled up

They didn't flip him by his legs, that's the difference.
Zodiac +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derelict View Post

They didn't flip him by his legs, that's the difference.

How you got the bloke past parallel a dangerous position has nothing to do with it. If he is past that point then it's a penalty... neither bloke was put in that position and so no penalty should have been awarded.
buffed +

Times thanked
<
NSW were well in control for the first 15 minutes and playing good football, keeping their structure and not panicking. As soon as Queensland scored, the panic set in, they lost their structure and there was no leadership.

I thought Carney and Pearce were pretty average. Your halves need to take control of the game and for the last 20 minutes of the first half and virtually all of the second, NSW attack looked disorganised and most of NSW 4th, 5th and 6th tackle options were terrible.

Buhrer was a waste of time.........why you need a second dummy half is beyond me.

I thought Luke Lewis and Ben Creagh were ineffective and Morris and Uate were diabolical in defence, particularly Uate.........neither of them can read the play. Greg Bird was excellent last night and i wouldn't mind seeing him at 5/8th, the more he touches the ball, the better off NSW are. Farah was excellent and really sparked NSW in the first 25 minutes

We lacked size all over the park, but particularly in the pack..........we need another genuine prop.

referreing decisions aside, QLD were the better side and NSW two tries came from a lucky ricochet and a QLD error.
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post

It's called sarcasm and not wanting to be fined.

Gah dont reply to that moron! Total waste of your time.
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by buffed View Post

NSW were well in control for the first 15 minutes and playing good football, keeping their structure and not panicking. As soon as Queensland scored, the panic set in, they lost their structure and there was no leadership.

I thought Carney and Pearce were pretty average. Your halves need to take control of the game and for the last 20 minutes of the first half and virtually all of the second, NSW attack looked disorganised and most of NSW 4th, 5th and 6th tackle options were terrible.

Buhrer was a waste of time.........why you need a second dummy half is beyond me.

I thought Luke Lewis and Ben Creagh were ineffective and Morris and Uate were diabolical in defence, particularly Uate.........neither of them can read the play. Greg Bird was excellent last night and i wouldn't mind seeing him at 5/8th, the more he touches the ball, the better off NSW are. Farah was excellent and really sparked NSW in the first 25 minutes

We lacked size all over the park, but particularly in the pack..........we need another genuine prop.

referreing decisions aside, QLD were the better side and NSW two tries came from a lucky ricochet and a QLD error.

Pretty much agree with all of that except for QLD being the better side.

Uate got dragged in twice when there was really no need - they weren't outnumbered or anything, he wasn't needed.

Didn't realise Pearce was playing until the last 20 minutes! Morris is good at club level but at SoO he never gets loose up the wing because QLD's cover defence is excellent and really that's his major selling point. Perhaps try someone else who works better in the context of SoO rather than someone who's playing well at club level.

Hayne was pretty good, tried to get things moving, and Jennings was excellent except for that stupid 30m run and wild swing.

Lots of positives but after that refereeing decision I won't bother watching the rest of the series because, well, QLD only need to win one of two now to retain the trophy.
I imagine the NRL bosses are fuming that the refs have ruined this series because I think a lot of casual viewers won't be bother tuning in for the next 2.
Dero13 +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Finally a NSWelshman with some knowledge, understanding of the game & a level headed opinion.
Zodiac +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Do you think Lewis was/is nursing an injury? He's been a bit average this year and I'm kinda ready to eat some pie re: my calls earlier in this thread about him being one of NSW's best. It appears you were right, again. He was average at best last night. The same can be said for G. Stewart & Creagh. I didnt even realise Creagh was out there until about 10mins after he came on. Stewart did nothing except stall our attack down his side by coming back infield or stoping at the defensive line instead of trying to punch through it. Creagh offers nothing to the side whatsoever imo, he doesnt have much size about him, he never goes looking for the ball and its like he doesnt want to get into the arm wrestle and have a real dig when its needed. Look at what Hayne, Morris and Aku did last night, they got in and tried to get us out of their own end when the forwards were tired, how could Ben Creagh be tired when he didnt even touch the ball often. I hope he gets dropped for watguts.

Agree that we dont need a 2nd dummy half. Farah is an 80min player and we looked lost without him on the park last night. I guess Ricky wanted to blood Buhrer but if he was only ever going to use him for 10mins then why bother blooding him in the most important game of the series? Do it in game three when the series is lost.

Not sure which other NSW props are firing right now besides Woods, I'd be reluctant to select him as its his breakout year but if they were willing to give Buhrer a go then Woods has to be there for game 2.

Knowing Ricky and his genius tactics he will prop play Gallen & Bird at Prop for games 2 & 3 lol.
franko123 +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

How you got the bloke past parallel a dangerous position has nothing to do with it. If he is past that point then it's a penalty... neither bloke was put in that position and so no penalty should have been awarded.

when the top half of ya back and neck touch the ground before your lower back and waist... that's a dangerous position... penalty

1 - 0
Zodiac +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by franko123 View Post

when the top half of ya back and neck touch the ground before your lower back and waist... that's a dangerous position... penalty

You should take over Harrigans job, because according to you even he got it wrong.

Anyway i dont think the real issue was wether it was a penalty or not, I'm happy for it to be called a penalty. NSW should have then been awarded a penalty for an identical tackle minutes later. We just want some consistency. Its why I loathe the two referee system we had a couple of years ago where 3/4 of the game got ref'd one way and the other to a completely different interpretation.

With the amount of time the ref's train, review games and then referee games, it still amazes me how they can all have such a varied opinion on the way rules should be enforced and interpreted. its a farce.
Chharge +

Summer is coming

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,090 Times in 1,065 Posts
so where is whitey? probably nursing a hang over or pondering his best words to post in support of his beloved Toads. im sure it will be nice and trolley troll, at any rate regardless of the Green light at the end, I dont think any team wants to win like that, bit of a shame, Inglis wouldnt of wanted that record by those means.

my biggest gripe - while I agree Jennings had to go off, people have been running in for years, we all know it, dont make an example out of him, and then go to the opposing QLDer and say "you're lucky you are not joining him" in this game when people do it all the time, either warn everyone or both of them and get on with it with whistle in hand to come down hard the next chance they cross the line, or send both off, the entire tide of the game changed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pEAkeR_hAT View Post

Any sex enthusiast should whore it up at least once in their life IMO,
Its the oldest profession in the world.
Are you calling everyone wrong?.

moskate +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Agree with alot of this. I thought Morris was good defensively. A few good reads early on but obviously the lack of communication with Uate let them both down for those 2 tries. With Lawrence now injured, I can't think of another centre we could bring in to be honest unless we moved Hayne again like last year. I personally think he deserves to be there for the series.
You heard it here first - Luck & RG3 are going to be duds.
Davomaxi +

No. Money Down!

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,211 Times in 665 Posts
That's the series IMO.

QLD were REALLY underdone last night for the first time in a long time, especially in the first 20 minutes, but they won't let that happen again. On their home turf they'll fire and put an end to us again

Agree with Buffed that Greg Bird was immense, and he is the epitome of an Origin player for the Blues. He just needs to take the spear tackling out of his game and not give away stupid penalties.

Carney and Pearce need to give quality bloody ball to Jennings, Hayne, Uate etc. They had to go looking for it last night and they were damaging when they got it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianwil1976 View Post

I killed all my family because they wouldn't suck my dick.

Medium Rurrrr!

See my blog http://ecentreofexcellence.blogspot.com.au/
Davomaxi +

No. Money Down!

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,211 Times in 665 Posts
Loved Gallen coming in after the sin bin and complaining "Sam Thaiday's been doing that for years!"

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianwil1976 View Post

I killed all my family because they wouldn't suck my dick.

Medium Rurrrr!

See my blog http://ecentreofexcellence.blogspot.com.au/
franko123 +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chharge View Post

so where is whitey? probably nursing a hang over or pondering his best words to post in support of his beloved Toads. im sure it will be nice and trolley troll, at any rate regardless of the Green light at the end, I dont think any team wants to win like that, bit of a shame, Inglis wouldnt of wanted that record by those means.

my biggest gripe - while I agree Jennings had to go off, people have been running in for years, we all know it, dont make an example out of him, and then go to the opposing QLDer and say "you're lucky you are not joining him" in this game when people do it all the time, either warn everyone or both of them and get on with it with whistle in hand to come down hard the next chance they cross the line, or send both off, the entire tide of the game changed.

there's a difference between getting pushed and throwing a footy at a blokes head then grabbing some shirts then running 20m to throw a haymaker at someone

the fact of the matter still stands... you were still trailing on the scoreboard since the first half and didn't score after the try was awarded so you still would've lost
budoo +

Times thanked
<
I didn't think there was anything wrong with the Bird tackle, it was solid. He got a penalty for being a massive ****, and rightly so

Seriously comparing Jennings flying king hit with Thaiday's thirdman in body charge? Thaiday has never thrown a king hit like that when third man in. No shit people come running in all the time, but there are very few that come running in combined with a swinging hay maker.
buffed +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Do you think Lewis was/is nursing an injury? He's been a bit average this year and I'm kinda ready to eat some pie re: my calls earlier in this thread about him being one of NSW's best. It appears you were right, again. He was average at best last night. The same can be said for G. Stewart & Creagh. I didnt even realise Creagh was out there until about 10mins after he came on. Stewart did nothing except stall our attack down his side by coming back infield or stoping at the defensive line instead of trying to punch through it. Creagh offers nothing to the side whatsoever imo, he doesnt have much size about him, he never goes looking for the ball and its like he doesnt want to get into the arm wrestle and have a real dig when its needed. Look at what Hayne, Morris and Aku did last night, they got in and tried to get us out of their own end when the forwards were tired, how could Ben Creagh be tired when he didnt even touch the ball often. I hope he gets dropped for watguts.

Agree that we dont need a 2nd dummy half. Farah is an 80min player and we looked lost without him on the park last night. I guess Ricky wanted to blood Buhrer but if he was only ever going to use him for 10mins then why bother blooding him in the most important game of the series? Do it in game three when the series is lost.

Not sure which other NSW props are firing right now besides Woods, I'd be reluctant to select him as its his breakout year but if they were willing to give Buhrer a go then Woods has to be there for game 2.

Knowing Ricky and his genius tactics he will prop play Gallen & Bird at Prop for games 2 & 3 lol.

i don't know if Lewis is injured, but every time he plays for NSW he seems to go into his shell. He is a senior player and a leader at club level so i don't understand why he doesnt take that leadership into Origin. It's as if he's content to take a backseat.

I would have keith galloway in at prop. He is an impact player and attracts two and three defenders. No one in the NSW pack other than Tamou was attracting defenders. I would love to see Paul Gallen play wider in origin.

It's difficult because we just dont have the go forward that a Myles, Thaiday, Scott and Shillington can provide.

Farah is 3 plays ahead of the rest of the team and his ability to read play is so much better than any other player playing the game it's ridiculous.........the only problem is if your 12 other teammates can't read the play, then it's wasted.
Lambretta +

Now Aussie....STILL dodgy

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,018 Times in 665 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by franko123 View Post

there's a difference between getting pushed and throwing a footy at a blokes head then grabbing some shirts then running 20m to throw a haymaker at someone
t

Throwing punches of any kind at Tate should be awarded not punished, therefore your arguement doesn't hold water.

I'm glad Sean Hampstead awarded that try though. If he hadn't he would have had to refund the money QLD had paid him.
jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,490 Times in 1,490 Posts
agree on galloway
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." John Stuart Mill
Whitey1981 +

Ain't no stopping me.

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,640 Times in 1,436 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chharge View Post

so where is whitey? probably nursing a hang over or pondering his best words to post in support of his beloved Toads.

I'm gracious in victory and don't see the point in arguing the merits of the game. NSW were on top in the opening part, they had all the possession and field possession, much like the second half.

I thought the try by Inglis was a fair try, he (Farah) seemed to play at the ball and that was the ref's decision. At that stage I thought Queensland was playing well, well enough to close the game out.

I also thought Jennings getting 10 in the bin was the right decision, the bloke ran from the boundary line! They're the rules, it would have been different if he was there but he wasn't. Arguing he wasn't the 'Third Man' and there were a number of other players there already is petty really.

I think in the final analysis, NSW were a lucky team. They scored 2 tries of kicks but credit where it's due, Qld gave them a heap of time and must show more urgency with the NSW kickers. Slater was also uncharacteristically bad under the highball, lucky Tate was there to be honest.

Anyway, yeah.
Closed thread

« Previous Thread Next Thread »