Nrl 2012

Closed thread
  Tools
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
<
Thanked 6,687 Times in 3,877 Posts
Thats hilarious, Lauaki's just holding Burrow at arms length and Burrows' too much of a short arse to be able to hit him

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdoodle View Post

not liking yoda is like knocking back a root when presented nude in a YD change room

Quote:

Originally Posted by mischa21 View Post

^mmmm all this talk of meat is getting me excited.

sonicc +

>O__/ QuACK >O__/ QuACK >O__/ QuACK

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,319 Times in 749 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by davecw View Post

Holy shit that is pretty epic have never seen that.

Yeah it was a young SBW when he was playing SG Ball. Lol at sprinting 20m and ripping your shirt off to fight and still getting knocked down.
Cats are not actually smaller than horses, they are just further away - ITM PROVERB
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
<
Isaac Luke in his element last year:

Media Player

Quote:

not liking yoda is like knocking back a root when presented nude in a YD change room

Quote:

CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicc View Post

Yeah it was a young SBW when he was playing SG Ball. Lol at sprinting 20m and ripping your shirt off to fight and still getting knocked down.

Gotta take your shirt off so the refs can't get your number.

Pretty sure Lionel Hutz worked that loophole out. Watertight.
b_bop +

Times thanked
<
I thought it was more so you can avoid the jersey pull back over your own head followed by 10 uppercuts.
Wats clubing by yourself like and dose enyone do it
Zodiac +

What do you mean we aren't going to the Superbowl?

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,335 Times in 1,825 Posts
Don't fuck with Luke, jeeeeeeesus.
"Words are bullshit. They are just useless sounds we make with our stupid mouths". Rafi - The league
Zodiac +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chharge View Post

Zodiac, Dean whare? just got signed to the panthers next year. good deal or no good deal?

Whats going on at the panthers? you have a shitload of outside backs signed already? With Jennings gone Whare will be a good pick up. I would have liked to see him stay at Manly to cover Matai if he leaves but oh well, we cant hang on to them all. He's got skills, fast, decent enough defender for his age. He will only improve with more first grade and he's only really had his chance at the sea eagles through injuries. I'd rate him much better than the likes of Earl, Tighe etc that you have but he really has to prove himself yet... can score a try too.

he's been selected in the junior kiwi's before so there are decent wraps on him. The future is lookign bright for you blokes with Mansour playing well and n ow this signing. If you can offload a lot of your 2nd tier outside backs and spend some money on some back rowers to help out Lewis (Newton and Ciraldo arent world beaters) then I think you will see some massive improvement in the team. Hopefully thats the way Cleary is thinking otherwise you blokes will struggle to get off the bottom of the ladder for the next few years.
"Words are bullshit. They are just useless sounds we make with our stupid mouths". Rafi - The league
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
<
considering a new alias for this thread, 'Marshy Benjall'

(god damn is it still only Thursday already)
Listen to your friend Cheely Zane
He is a cool guy...
Chharge +

Summer is coming

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,090 Times in 1,065 Posts
well I am glad he is a good buy! as for whats happening, its anyones guess.... some mates are starting to question Goulds madness, but to be fair he and cleary both said it would take 3 years to sort the team out, we can hardly get all finger pointy after only half a season. and I think the last three weeks have been a good turn around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pEAkeR_hAT View Post

Any sex enthusiast should whore it up at least once in their life IMO,
Its the oldest profession in the world.
Are you calling everyone wrong?.

Zodiac +

Times thanked
<
He better start buying some 2nd rowers... Its one of the worst if not the worst backrow in the comp imo.
Chharge +

Summer is coming

Times thanked
<
fucking Newton.

Quote:

Zodiac +

Times thanked
<
He wouldn't be on big money though... they are ok footballers but certainly not the calibre of player you want starting. Penrith obviously have not much money to spend with it all tied up in players that should never have been on such huge contracts. Once thats sorted they can look to rebuild. 3 years is a long time to wait unfortunately but the previous administration mustn't have had a fucking clue when it came to player retention and new signings.
Zodiac +

Times thanked
<
Anybody heard anything else about Matai? Havent heard much more about his supposed move from Manly. I'm really torn. I want both him and Watmough gone from Manly yet at the same time i know they are both a huge part of the team and its success. With Whare gone I hope that enables us to keep Matai. Our U20's are shit so our future is looking a little grim unless we get this new TV deal to go the NRL's way and we are able to buy a few players.
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
<
Tiges will probably be offloading a few back rowers, probably Heighno, maybe Fulton.

Unless they decide Blair's not working and try to get rid of him

that's not Sheens' go though, he stuck with John Morris at halfback for the length of his contract
He is a cool guy...
buffed +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post

Anybody heard anything else about Matai? Havent heard much more about his supposed move from Manly. I'm really torn. I want both him and Watmough gone from Manly yet at the same time i know they are both a huge part of the team and its success. With Whare gone I hope that enables us to keep Matai. Our U20's are shit so our future is looking a little grim unless we get this new TV deal to go the NRL's way and we are able to buy a few players.

Matai re-signed last week until the end of 2015
b_bop +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

He better start buying some 2nd rowers... Its one of the worst if not the worst backrow in the comp imo.

Have a look at the size of Ciraldo yet he runs like a powder puff and is looking to offload before the line all the time.
Chharge +

Summer is coming

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by b_bop View Post

Have a look at the size of Ciraldo yet he runs like a powder puff and is looking to offload before the line all the time.

Grant had an awesome game last week too.

Quote:

BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,382 Times in 1,226 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by buffed View Post

was gonna post this. old news zody

also re: panfers, why'd they let waterhouse go again?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonPrice View Post

ITM is, as far as I can see, the institute of trolls and memes. Alas and alack---it's time for my evening meal.

Infringing on copyrights since 1999

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Don't fuck with Luke, jeeeeeeesus.

Check out some of the other fights linked off that video- Awen Guttenbeil and Carlos Spencer go at it fucking hard, Awen lands a lot of big shots and then gets put on his arse at he end, but they called it a draw. And I still totally want to smash Hayley Holt in another way...

Wendell Sailor gave it a good crack as well, in fact most of these guys look more convincing that SBW in his "proper" fights, I reckon a couple of them, (Messam, Monty) would knock SBW the fuck out.

Media Player

Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by SpaceMonkey: 31-May-12 at 02:19pm

Zodiac +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by buffed View Post

Derp. How dd I miss this? Ha ha
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
<
hey speaking of brawling kiwis, remember that time Benji bashed the crap out of James Tamou?

Wait I remembered Tamou's a NSWshman
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheelWinston View Post

hey speaking of brawling kiwis, remember that time Benji bashed the crap out of James Tamou?

Wait I remembered Tamou's a NSWshman

Get Kaisano and Taumalolo to play Origin and hold the next series inb AUckland, Wellington and Christchurch IMO.

Queensland can play in black and white and NSW in white and black.

Quote:

Quote:

CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
<
Brad Thorn to toss the coin?

Rusty Crowe to sing the anthem God Defend New Zealand Advance Australia Fair with his band 30 odd foot of ****s?
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
<
Maybe Brad can toss a coin and whoever wins gets to play Shaun Johnson in their halves. After all he played Aussie rules as a junior so that must qualify him as Australian.

Quote:

Quote:

b_bop +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Rusty Crowe to sing the anthem God Defend New Zealand Advance Australia Fair with his band 30 odd foot of ****s?

Can we have this happen before any sort of match please?
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
<
Australia should introduce a residency requirement for Origin. If they make it a minimum of 2 weeks a year then that should ensure all the Warriors players qualify too.

Quote:

Quote:

kris-ko +

KoThnxBai

Times thanked
<
Taking a decent crew along to Henson Park on Saturday arvo to watch the Jets pummel the Wenty scum, then back to the Henson Park Hotel to see what the Raiders dish up against the Tigers.

Best birthday ever dependent on whether the Raiders turn up this week. Fucking pumped.
Words I've Written
Skins (free downloads of deep/tech/prog house originals)
Fromage Of Reason (DJ mix of house reboots of pop classics - Hall & Oates, NKOTB, et al)
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
<
god damn, I havent been to henson in years

I should get back there soon, the mother in law still lives 2mins away

Although the football would largely be immaterial, it would mostly be about sitting in the sun drinking beer
Lambretta +

Now Aussie....STILL dodgy

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,018 Times in 665 Posts
Bulldogs v Rabbitohs

I'm genuinely excited about this weeks games of Rugby League; not only because I won't be forced to sit through another game where my team spends 90% of it lacking direction in attack and 10% getting arse raped by grubby worms in pink shirts, but because of games such as this. Last year the prospect of Souths and Dogs playing would have left fans thinking "well at least we can laugh at Souths inability to pass left and the Dogs inability to pass at all" - but this year things have changed. Souths have worked out that they can now pass left and right and if they get the ball into the hands of their best player they actually stand a chance of winning games. It's not fucking rocket science kids, but it took them 18 months and two changes of coaches to work it out. Meanwhile in the Kennel they've realised quickly that without Hodkinson they don't have a half who can actually pass so they've left it up to their big men to do the job for them and by god it's great to watch. I'm torn between wanting the Dogs to win and wanting Souths to win. I just can't pick which team I prefer. I'm going to say heart says Dogs and head says Souths. Oh what I'd give to see Dave Taylor play a game that is even 10% as dumb as he actually is. I wonder if Souths have to include the salary of the guy that ties his shoelaces under their salary cap?

Sea Eagles v Dragons

In days of yore this would have been match of the round - a must see - one not to miss. And so it is again this week, because the Sea Eagles are going to fucking smash the Dragons and the only thing I love more than watching the Dragons get smashed is being smashed watching the Dragons get smashed. I've stocked the fucking fridge and I can't wait.

Titans v Cowboys

Well fuck me with a roll of barbed wire and dip my bleeding anus in a vat of vinegar, the Broncos aren't on Friday Night Football. Of course it's soured by the appearance of Sour-ard in the Dragons game, but at least he won't be fucking prancing about as St George wont score any fucking points. But I've digressed. The Titans have turned around their season a little with back to back wins and the Cowboys will need to be wary. But with Saggyarsehole, Thurston, Bowen and co on the field I get the feeling the Cowboys will have a little bit too much class. Pity Tariq Sims is missing as I'd love to see him smash the talentless Minichiello and the full sized dwarf (Nate Myles) all over the fucking park. This will be a close one - Cowboys in a nail biter.

Raiders v Tigers

The Raiders in winter down in Canberra are always a challenge so the Tigers need to be on their game. Aaron Woods has been in great form and Robbie was immense during Origin. With the likes of Lawrence, Marshall, Moltzen, Tuqiri etc in attack the Tigers should have enough to see off the Raiders, but the Raiders have shown they can play in patches and they'll be excited at getting Dugan back. The big questions about Dugan are "can he hack the heavier workload in the line" and "will his shoulder fucking fall off again?" If the answers are yeah but nah but, then the Raiders are a chance, but if the answers are "oh fuck what were we thinking?" then the Tigers should have this

Broncos v Knights

What pea brained fuckwit thought "I know - lets show a fucking one sided flogging as the Sunday game. That'll get the fans watching in droves" ?? How the fuck can the worst game of the entire weekend that doesn't involve Parramatta be the Sunday afternooon game? The Warriors are playing the Storm you fucking dip shits. What the fuck were you thinking? Broncos by a cricket score. The only upshot is that Wayne Bennett might crack the shits and lose it if they get any worse.

Warriors v Storm

The Sunday game that should be on Nine. This will be a beauty. I'm secretly hoping that the Warriors players get some facials or unfair wrestling moves put on them by the Storm and they'll get super fucking pissed and start punching on. Oh I'd pay good money to see someone stomp the fuck out of Cameron Smith. I may even go as far as using my own money. The Storm struggle against the Warriors who almost did the Storm down in Melbourne earlier this year. A touch up is definitely on the cards if you're a betting man. Personally I'm not and will be tipping the Storm, but this is a definite roughie

Eels v Sharks

Another sample of why the Roosters should have told Bwaith to go get fucked, sacked Brian Smith and kept Todd Carney. Come back Toddy, I miss you. Sharks by a billion.
Never mind the bollocks
Here's Lambretta
JohnTerry26 +

Times thanked
<
NSW Origin players that were not born in NSW

1. Ken Nagas (Bundaberg), 2. James McManus (Scotland), 3. John Hopoate (Tonga), 4. Timana Tahu (Melbourne), 5. Hazem El Masri (Lebanon), 6. Peter Wallace (Melbourne), 7. Peter Sterling (Toowoomba), 8. Dean Pay (Melbourne), 9. Ben Elias (Lebanon), 10. Justin Poore (Bunbury, WA), 11. Ian Roberts (London), 12. Willie Mason (Auckland), 13. Mario Fenech (Malta). Bench: Brad Clyde (Canberra), Joel Monaghan (Canberra), Ryan Hoffman, (Canberra), Craig Polla-Mounter (Melbourne)

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugb...#ixzz1wUaEJ5rw
baax +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by kris-ko View Post

then back to the Henson Park Hotel to see what the Raiders dish up against the Tigers.

Best birthday ever dependent on whether the Raiders turn up this week. Fucking pumped.

You'll be crying in that beer old boy.
SOUNDCLOUD

MIXCLOUD
dAvoZ +

Registered Boozer

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnTerry26 View Post

1. Ken Nagas (Bundaberg), 2. James McManus (Scotland), 3. John Hopoate (Tonga), 4. Timana Tahu (Melbourne), 5. Hazem El Masri (Lebanon), 6. Peter Wallace (Melbourne), 7. Peter Sterling (Toowoomba), 8. Dean Pay (Melbourne), 9. Ben Elias (Lebanon), 10. Justin Poore (Bunbury, WA), 11. Ian Roberts (London), 12. Willie Mason (Auckland), 13. Mario Fenech (Malta). Bench: Brad Clyde (Canberra), Joel Monaghan (Canberra), Ryan Hoffman, (Canberra), Craig Polla-Mounter (Melbourne)

old news mate.
we covered the youtube clip and nsw infringements pages ago.
thats how we roll at NRL 2012, ahead of the game.
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lambretta View Post

Well fuck me with a roll of barbed wire and dip my bleeding anus in a vat of vinegar

He is a cool guy...

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,165 Times in 1,295 Posts
Fuck.

Quote:

Enlightened, morally strong sports fans follow the NRL.

davecw +

thinks Nando is homo

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnTerry26 View Post

What a beat up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by magictorch

We took a look at his goods when we got him home. I never want to see anything like that again - it looked like his penis had been traumatically amputated and stitched back on by a blind grandmother with no arms.

CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by davecw View Post

What a beat up.

agreed

it doesn't matter if someone is born in fucking Scotland, or Melbourne, or the ACT, anywhere in the world except Qld. If they're born in Qld or NZ then there is some case to argue (if Kiwis want to be turncloaks then it's only the Kiwis with a right to be butthurt), but again the actual rules regard where they play their first game.

Greg Inglis is a legit breach of the rules. But... fuck him. If he wants to be a queenslander, let him hand in 20% of his brain cells and send him on his way.
He is a cool guy...
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
<
It's never been a matter of birth anyway. All they need to do is remove the stupid rule that you can only be elegible for origin if you plendge national allegiance to Australia and the whole thing would work fine. It shouldn't have anything to do with Origin, if Petero want to play for Fiji, T-Rex for Tonga or Tamou for NZ they should be allowed to as well as playing Origin.

Quote:

Quote:

jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,490 Times in 1,490 Posts
big time, would help international footy
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." John Stuart Mill
b_bop +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Greg Inglis is a legit breach of the rules. But... fuck him. If he wants to be a queenslander, let him hand in 20% of his brain cells and send him on his way.

Why anyone would choose to identify with QLD is beyond me but once they do, good riddance, you are dead to me.
b_bop +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post

It's never been a matter of birth anyway. All they need to do is remove the stupid rule that you can only be elegible for origin if you plendge national allegiance to Australia and the whole thing would work fine. It shouldn't have anything to do with Origin, if Petero want to play for Fiji, T-Rex for Tonga or Tamou for NZ they should be allowed to as well as playing Origin.

That way anarchy lies.
Ragedmachine +

Times thanked
<

sigged Lamb's quote too

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lambretta View Post

Well fuck me with a roll of barbed wire and dip my bleeding anus in a vat of vinegar

kris-ko +

KoThnxBai

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by baax View Post

You'll be crying in that beer old boy.

Should've known you'd turn off your lurker's cloaking device this week - you'll be hearing about it if we win you fucking Troll.
Words I've Written
Skins (free downloads of deep/tech/prog house originals)
Fromage Of Reason (DJ mix of house reboots of pop classics - Hall & Oates, NKOTB, et al)
b_bop +

Times thanked
<
Tipped the Raiders and the Titans. Now trying to convince myself of the merit of doing that.

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,165 Times in 1,295 Posts
I thought about tipping the Titans. But I think they're due for a loss.

Quote:

Enlightened, morally strong sports fans follow the NRL.

midian +

'yeah, nah, go f**k yourself, I am the King of the Mods and I am the Decider. There can be only One. And.... go f**k yourself.'

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,801 Times in 1,123 Posts
Time for a new thread peeps. Fastest fingers gets the honour.
Closed thread

« Previous Thread Next Thread »