The Main Room

Hats for a big head...

Reply
  Tools
ShyBoy +

Shake Dat Thing Gurl

ShyBoy's Avatar
Joined
Aug '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 32 Times in 21 Posts
Posts
4,606
Hats for a big head...
Guys,

I love a good hat, in particular - I am looking for a Pork Pie style hat.

However, I have a rather large head (60cm) and struggle to find hats to cater for me. The 'one size fits most' sized hats just don't cut it...

Just wondering if there are any other men out there who can perhaps offer some suggested sites/shops?
pEAkeR_hAT +

"The Peoples' Champion"

pEAkeR_hAT's Avatar
Joined
Apr '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 8,389
Thanked 4,661 Times in 2,288 Posts
Posts
12,345
bucket hat
Spoiler:

Quote:

Originally Posted by borrisGLOWSTICK View Post

Life trainwreck stories, bewbs, mod angering drug implicated posts and 2fast2furious only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mliro View Post

that’s terrible spastic
also I would imagine a little disheartening that he has never attempted to drug rape you?

Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Random_Kiwi's Avatar
Joined
Aug '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 185
Thanked 1,497 Times in 917 Posts
Posts
16,120
Hills Hats from NZ

http://hillshats.co.nz/collections/pimp-pork-pie-straw

Awesome quality hats, got 3 of them myself and they're wearing really well...lost of sizing options...XL is what you'd be after (same size as me...ridiculous how hard it is to find a hat that fits, eh?)
Pete Gordon - Deep and Low

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

https://soundcloud.com/random_kiwi/deep-and-low
ShyBoy +

Shake Dat Thing Gurl

ShyBoy's Avatar
Joined
Aug '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 32 Times in 21 Posts
Posts
4,606

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random_Kiwi View Post

Hills Hats from NZ

http://hillshats.co.nz/collections/pimp-pork-pie-straw

Awesome quality hats, got 3 of them myself and they're wearing really well...lost of sizing options...XL is what you'd be after (same size as me...ridiculous how hard it is to find a hat that fits, eh?)

Cheers mate, I checked them out - looks good.

I am after more of a short brim Pork Pie - like the 'Bugsy' they have on their site:

http://hillshats.co.nz/collections/fur-felt-bugsy

I will email for a price - thanks again!

Any other suggestions people?
pEAkeR_hAT +

"The Peoples' Champion"

pEAkeR_hAT's Avatar
Joined
Apr '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 8,389
Thanked 4,661 Times in 2,288 Posts
Posts
12,345
I was being serious, get a bucket hat, schoolboy Q bringen back, I would rock one, but i have too much off a pin head i look like a 10 year old kid who is afraid of the sun

anyway, like this one

Media Player
Spoiler:

Quote:

Originally Posted by borrisGLOWSTICK View Post

Life trainwreck stories, bewbs, mod angering drug implicated posts and 2fast2furious only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mliro View Post

that’s terrible spastic
also I would imagine a little disheartening that he has never attempted to drug rape you?

ShyBoy +

Shake Dat Thing Gurl

ShyBoy's Avatar
Joined
Aug '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 32 Times in 21 Posts
Posts
4,606

Quote:

Originally Posted by pEAkeR_hAT View Post

I was being serious, get a bucket hat, schoolboy Q bringen back, I would rock one, but i have too much off a pin head i look like a 10 year old kid who is afraid of the sun

anyway, like this one

Thanks Peaker but I am not really into the bucket style.

The lack of structure in the hat makes it look too casual for my liking...
wheelo007 +

Registered Offhander

wheelo007's Avatar
Joined
Dec '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 186
Thanked 270 Times in 138 Posts
Posts
585
Go for a homburg and look like a 1920s boss. It was the pinacle of class and status to own a homburg. Well structured, sizes are fairly readily available if you can find a good hat shop.
In fact, there's one in the Strand Arcade on Pitt St. Just down near Haigh's Chocolate, beside the cigar shop.
https://soundcloud.com/presidentbird
ShyBoy +

Shake Dat Thing Gurl

ShyBoy's Avatar
Joined
Aug '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 32 Times in 21 Posts
Posts
4,606

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheelo007 View Post

Go for a homburg and look like a 1920s boss. It was the pinacle of class and status to own a homburg. Well structured, sizes are fairly readily available if you can find a good hat shop.
In fact, there's one in the Strand Arcade on Pitt St. Just down near Haigh's Chocolate, beside the cigar shop.

Yeah I know them, Strand Hatters.

I have checked them out, however they do not have a fairly limited range of Pork Pie...

Something like this is ideally what I am after:

Tang_ +

Turbo bogan

Tang_'s Avatar
Joined
Feb '05
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 2,199
Thanked 1,790 Times in 623 Posts
Posts
2,947
Looks like what you actually want is a Fedora. Chicks love em
ShyBoy +

Shake Dat Thing Gurl

ShyBoy's Avatar
Joined
Aug '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 32 Times in 21 Posts
Posts
4,606

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tang_ View Post

Looks like what you actually want is a Fedora. Chicks love em

Fedora's have longer brims.

Here are some other examples.

BumblingBee +

is a dick

BumblingBee's Avatar
Joined
Jul '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 2,090
Thanked 3,224 Times in 2,030 Posts
Posts
14,537
i have no suggestions for you, but do share your pain of having a large head that makes it hard to find a hat that fits
ShyBoy +

Shake Dat Thing Gurl

ShyBoy's Avatar
Joined
Aug '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 32 Times in 21 Posts
Posts
4,606

Quote:

Originally Posted by BumblingBee View Post

i have no suggestions for you, but do share your pain of having a large head that makes it hard to find a hat that fits

Thank you my fellow big headed friend...
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Random_Kiwi's Avatar
Joined
Aug '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 185
Thanked 1,497 Times in 917 Posts
Posts
16,120
I've found most guys tend to be 59-61cm...the amount of times I'll check a store and they have 5 or 6 various hats, all with about 5 or 6 in stock each, at 57-58cm is insane...clearly those aren't fitting most men, hence you're drowning in stock of them.

Feel sorry for small head guys...you know what they say
Pete Gordon - Deep and Low

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

https://soundcloud.com/random_kiwi/deep-and-low
Weinertron +

random shoutbox generator

Weinertron's Avatar
Joined
Sep '03
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 2,455
Thanked 970 Times in 437 Posts
Posts
3,701
If you're in Melbourne, I can recommend Carlisle Accessories. They have a bitchin' range of hats, and would probably order to your size if you ask nicely. I have got a few from there, a few kangols and a nice bowler.

I'm a 57, so I generally don't have too many issues finding hats that fit. However, I recently (like a year ago) went to this Kangol direct outlet sale thingummy that was in Collingwood. I actually had huge problems finding a hat in my size, most of them were enormous, and they were fucking cheap too (like 4 hats for 50 bucks). So yeah, keep your eyes on a street press for any of these factory outlet sales, and you may just cash in
Fuck Everything Forever
ShyBoy +

Shake Dat Thing Gurl

ShyBoy's Avatar
Joined
Aug '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 32 Times in 21 Posts
Posts
4,606

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weinertron View Post

If you're in Melbourne, I can recommend Carlisle Accessories. They have a bitchin' range of hats, and would probably order to your size if you ask nicely. I have got a few from there, a few kangols and a nice bowler.

I'm a 57, so I generally don't have too many issues finding hats that fit. However, I recently (like a year ago) went to this Kangol direct outlet sale thingummy that was in Collingwood. I actually had huge problems finding a hat in my size, most of them were enormous, and they were fucking cheap too (like 4 hats for 50 bucks). So yeah, keep your eyes on a street press for any of these factory outlet sales, and you may just cash in

Nah I am based in Sydney, but thanks heaps for the Carlisle tip - they have a great range!
nrjize +

licking dates

nrjize's Avatar
Joined
Nov '01
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 5,559
Thanked 2,692 Times in 1,038 Posts
Posts
9,949
Thought this thread was a piss take but it's actually serious. If you have a massive head why would you put something big on top of it? It's only going to make your head look bigger, like some sort of puppet!?
ShyBoy +

Shake Dat Thing Gurl

ShyBoy's Avatar
Joined
Aug '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 32 Times in 21 Posts
Posts
4,606

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrjize View Post

Thought this thread was a piss take but it's actually serious. If you have a massive head why would you put something big on top of it? It's only going to make your head look bigger, like some sort of puppet!?



I am 6"2', 108kgs and part islander.

My head is in proportion to the rest of my body...
airconteka +

moving sideways in a forward motion

airconteka's Avatar
Joined
Dec '06
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,882
Thanked 12,697 Times in 6,102 Posts
Posts
22,984
Are you Bruno Mars or something? Just wear a flat cap ffs
Unspoilt by Progress
ShyBoy +

Shake Dat Thing Gurl

ShyBoy's Avatar
Joined
Aug '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 32 Times in 21 Posts
Posts
4,606

Quote:

Originally Posted by airconteka View Post

Are you Bruno Mars or something? Just wear a flat cap ffs



I have a tweed flat cap, but that's more of a winter look.

What can I say? I like hats...
wheelo007 +

Registered Offhander

wheelo007's Avatar
Joined
Dec '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 186
Thanked 270 Times in 138 Posts
Posts
585
Get a Panama. It's approx 3% less faggy than a Fedora (which you can only accessorise if you have a goatee and your best friend is your Mum)
Check out the menswear section in Myer?

I too have a large head. When I graduated from university my Mortarboard was a size Y. There's only one size bigger, which is probably for those suffering from gigantism and/or elephantitis. Personally, I avoid hats at all costs these days. Beanies make me look like an alien. A hunky alien, if I might add. But an alien nonetheless.
https://soundcloud.com/presidentbird
Optimus Rhyme +

The Black Barry White

Optimus Rhyme's Avatar
Joined
Nov '01
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 127 Times in 77 Posts
Posts
14,366
Best thing on that site is the pilots cap, but can;t just order it boo
"You a Happy Meal nigga with a toy in the box,
I clap the steel, nigga, put ya boy in a box."
Weinertron +

random shoutbox generator

Weinertron's Avatar
Joined
Sep '03
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 2,455
Thanked 970 Times in 437 Posts
Posts
3,701
Bumping this thread. Trying to buy a hat for me mate, he's got a 71cm head. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ****s
airconteka +

moving sideways in a forward motion

airconteka's Avatar
Joined
Dec '06
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,882
Thanked 12,697 Times in 6,102 Posts
Posts
22,984
Find friends with normal sized heads
wheelo007 +

Registered Offhander

wheelo007's Avatar
Joined
Dec '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 186
Thanked 270 Times in 138 Posts
Posts
585
71cm? Try an umbrella without the handle.
https://soundcloud.com/presidentbird
Weinertron +

random shoutbox generator

Weinertron's Avatar
Joined
Sep '03
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 2,455
Thanked 970 Times in 437 Posts
Posts
3,701


FTR, when my mate was born, the doctor said to his mum "your son has the thickest skull I have ever seen". He suffers from Homer Simpson syndrome.
Fuck Everything Forever
Reply

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Posting Rules

+
    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts