Sydney

Golden Cage pres LEGENDS ON VINYL w/ SIMON CALDWELL & ROBBIE LOWE (3HR SET) / 6th AUG

Page 1 of 2
  Tools
DarkPhoenix +

Man of the Moment

Times thanked
<
Golden Cage pres LEGENDS ON VINYL w/ SIMON CALDWELL & ROBBIE LOWE (3HR SET) / 6th AUG
Golden Cage returns on Saturday the 6th of Aug with a line up like never before and a concept long overdue!

Golden Cage presents LEGENDS ON VINYL with simon CALDWELL & robbie LOWE, supported by Garth Linton and Allive.

With more than 30 years combined experience these two pioneers have earned their right to be classified as true LEGENDS.

Simon and Robbie are known for being vinyl enthusiasts and will be bring with them their extensive collection for your hearing pleasure for over 3 hours set each! The quality supporting acts Garth Linton and Allive will be keeping up with the trend and demonstrating their skills on the turntables.

This is literally an extra-ordinary event. When was the last time you saw these two play in the same line up on their prefered set up for 3 long hours each...

Venue and ticketing information TBA.

Golden Cage

previous artists hosted by Golden Cage
Carl Craig - Octave One - Desyn Masiello - Guti - Kate Simko - John Roberts - Chloe Harris - Sasha Le Monnier - Shonky - Ahmet Sendil
DarkPhoenix +

Man of the Moment

Times thanked
<
Admins:

Correction for Thread Subject: " Golden Cage presents LEGENDS ON VINYL 6th AUG w/ SIMON CALDWELL & ROBBIE LOWE (3HR SETS) "

Problem with submitting image for WHATS ON add.
Carl Craig - Octave One - Desyn Masiello - Guti - Kate Simko - John Roberts - Chloe Harris - Sasha Le Monnier - Shonky - Ahmet Sendil

Last edited by DarkPhoenix: 15-Jul-11 at 05:56pm

formandfunction +

Times thanked
<
WIGGLE FACTOR

Form & Function Mixes
turkman +

khlav kalash

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,440 Times in 657 Posts
What's so boring about Simon and Robbie?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mashedman

if you stroke your chin hard enough i heard a genie comes out and gives you 3 track ids

JacquiM +

C'monnnn weekend!

Times thanked
<
Exactly!! I have never ever been disappointed by a set by either of these guys. Their sets are always so amazing and different to their last.

VERY much excited for this!
Oli-G +

Registered Abuser

Times thanked
<
Robbie playing wax will be fucking awesome.

He has A LOT of great records.

I'll be there.
turkman +

khlav kalash

Times thanked
<
Exactly, both playing 3hrs will be the sickness!

*looks back on RL's 5hr Retrospective set* ah now that was solid as fuck vinyl rinsing!

Quote:

if you stroke your chin hard enough i heard a genie comes out and gives you 3 track ids

wilsonrob +

I am not bored

Times thanked
<
Looks pretty good to me
BellaBreaks +

...space cat-ette...

Times thanked
<
is this the same night as joof? might come if it's close
......I can break stuff........
turkman +

khlav kalash

Times thanked
<
Oh wait... J00F is on the same night, not missing that for anything.
Maybe after his set though.

Quote:

Ben Dunlop +

So ITM has status updates now or... ?

Times thanked
<
Really mate?
jordan__ +

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,926 Times in 438 Posts
Lots of good parties on this night!
kzzy +

Saturday October 29th..

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by turkman View Post

What's so boring about Simon and Robbie?

Nothing boring about Robbie and Simon - both are amazing DJ's though one does get the feeling of Deja Vu. Both DJ's are probably booked more than any other DJ in Sydney in the last 6 months. Kinda feels like 2004 when Illya and John Devecchis were being booked by every club every weekend.

The question is what differentiates this night to every other night? (not having a go at you Taylan, far from, actually happy you booked Caldwell)

On that note - off to Ibiza I go..

Rave on Sydney x
Boom Boom
Boom Boom Says DJ Qu (Strength Music, NYC) - Saturday October 26th
More info: http://boomboom.net.au
pomrocks +

Does it Deep

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,013 Times in 670 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kzzy View Post

Nothing boring about Robbie and Simon - both are amazing DJ's though one does get the feeling of Deja Vu. Both DJ's are probably booked more than any other DJ in Sydney in the last 6 months.

And deservedly so

I agree with what you're saying in regards to both Robbie & Simon playing a hell of a lot, but they do tend to play more supporting slots than headline slots.

And in reality DJ's of their ability should be playing peak slots around Sydney most weekends, they are both world class imo.

(ps not having a dig )
Playing at;

Gigs & stuff - Dave Stuart - DJ Page

SHRUG
JacquiM +

C'monnnn weekend!

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by pomrocks View Post

I agree with what you're saying in regards to both Robbie & Simon playing a hell of a lot, but they do tend to play more supporting slots than headline slots.

Agreed

I'm so happy to see these guys get more gigs as headliners. The talent of these guys is amazing.. By combining that talent together, and adding vinyl - you've got the recipe for a BRILLIANT night!! Cannot wait for this!!
Wowk +

Has got special powers and he's got lots of friends

Times thanked
<
Ouch for the clash with J00F. Might try and do a double.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyentist

More than 23 Australians like techno (and I can prove it)...
http://soundcloud.com/groups/techno-fans-australia

kzzy +

Saturday October 29th..

Times thanked
<

Quote:

And deservedly so

And in reality DJ's of their ability should be playing peak slots around Sydney most weekends, they are both world class imo.

(ps not having a dig )

Totally understand, just defending the person who was going ZZzzZZZzzz about the lineup..
Boom Boom
Bdizzle +

Times thanked
<

You're entitled to your opinion...... but I find the stuff in your sig quite bland compared to a lot of the stuff these guys play.

Each to their own and all that though.

Quote:

Nothing boring about Robbie and Simon - both are amazing DJ's though one does get the feeling of Deja Vu. Both DJ's are probably booked more than any other DJ in Sydney in the last 6 months. Kinda feels like 2004 when Illya and John Devecchis were being booked by every club every weekend.

The question is what differentiates this night to every other night? (not having a go at you Taylan, far from, actually happy you booked Caldwell)

Rave on Sydney x

Quote:

Totally understand, just defending the person who was going ZZzzZZZzzz about the lineup..

lol.. would you be in another events thread, "defending the person who was going ZZzzZZZzzz about the lineup"?

I don't think you would be.

Never understood why you seem to feel like every club night in this town needs to be pushing something fresh or forward thinking?

It's like you base your whole judgement on gigs, on whether they 'differentiate from other nights' or not (completely disregarding the actual parties themselves)...... which makes no sense to me because the music you're pushing is hardly fresh or forward thinking and you're going to Ibiza which is full of chavs, scenesters and fuck all forward thinking and fresh music these days

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways..... gig looks good. Shame about the clash with Mr Fleming but will try make it down afterwards or something.

Last edited by Bdizzle: 18-Jul-11 at 09:02am

kzzy +

Saturday October 29th..

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bdizzle View Post

You're entitled to your opinion...... but I find the stuff in your sig quite bland compared to a lot of the stuff these guys play.

Each to their own and all that though.

lol.. would you be in another events thread, "defending the person who was going ZZzzZZZzzz about the lineup"?

I don't think you would be.

Never understood why you seem to feel like every club night in this town needs to be pushing something fresh or forward thinking?

It's like you base your whole judgement on gigs, on whether they 'differentiate from other nights' or not (completely disregarding the actual parties themselves)...... which makes no sense to me because the music you're pushing is hardly fresh or forward thinking and you're going to Ibiza which is full of chavs, scenesters and fuck all forward thinking and fresh music these days

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways..... gig looks good. Shame about the clash with Mr Fleming but will try make it down afterwards or something.

Er, Sydney has a saturated market of events/parties, we are quite spoilt for choice. Therefore, as a promoter, you should be trying to aim to make each party, as special as possible, be it with the music, the venue, whatever it is, the job of a promoter is to make each one of their parties special and unique. That's just obvious promoter school 101. So when someone who has an opinion about a party that is on and a bunch of groupies jump on slaying him, I like to play the devils advocate and actually explain why someone may find this line up a bit "bland" or "common"

The music that I push in my opinion is probably a bit too mature for someone who listens to "Trance" but hey, we all have to start somewhere?

Oh yeah, I come to Ibiza to hang out in San Antonio and bang brits abroad. You know me too well.. If you would like to know, I saw Derrick May, Octave One, Carl Craig, Luciano, Greg Wilson and a couple of other shit ****s a few hours ago. The rest of the time on the Island I actually get work done and enjoy the lovely weather and energy this island has. You sound naive and sheltered and hope one day you might actually grow up and learn a thing or two about life outside of your parents house.

xx

k
Boom Boom
Bdizzle +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Er, Sydney has a saturated market of events/parties, we are quite spoilt for choice. Therefore, as a promoter, you should be trying to aim to make each party, as special as possible, be it with the music, the venue, whatever it is, the job of a promoter is to make each one of their parties special and unique. That's just obvious promoter school 101. So when someone who has an opinion about a party that is on and a bunch of groupies jump on slaying him, I like to play the devils advocate and actually explain why someone may find this line up a bit "bland" or "common"

The music that I push in my opinion is probably a bit too mature for someone who listens to "Trance" but hey, we all have to start somewhere?

Oh yeah, I come to Ibiza to hang out in San Antonio and bang brits abroad. You know me too well.. If you would like to know, I saw Derrick May, Octave One, Carl Craig, Luciano, Greg Wilson and a couple of other shit ****s a few hours ago. The rest of the time on the Island I actually get work done and enjoy the lovely weather and energy this island has. You sound naive and sheltered and hope one day you might actually grow up and learn a thing or two about life outside of your parents house.

xx

k

Dude I understand what you're saying..... but extended sets from 2 of Australia's finest is quite special. Who cares if they get booked a lot?

These 'groupies' were not jumping on anyone because of the party. It's because the DJ's who were being called boring are far from it.

Fucking LOL at your maturity call. Yeah I like Psytrance... and? I like all sorts of music.... and I can guarantee I have a House and Techno collection just as deep as yours. So quit the condescending bullshit. (if you can't out-wank them, join them)

Going by the way you carry yourself online, I find it a bit rich for you to be telling anyone to 'grow up'.

Have fun in Ibiza kzzy. May the scene be with you.

x

p.s if you just admitted you like being a shit stirring tosser, I'd respect you and your opinions a lot more. The condescending, arrogant act you like to put on is just lame dude.

Last edited by Bdizzle: 19-Jul-11 at 07:07am

kzzy +

Saturday October 29th..

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Dude I understand what you're saying..... but extended sets from 2 of Australia's finest is quite special. Who cares if they get booked a lot?

These 'groupies' were not jumping on anyone because of the party. It's because the DJ's who were being called boring are far from it.

Fucking LOL at your maturity call. Yeah I like Psytrance... and? I like all sorts of music.... and I can guarantee I have a House and Techno collection just as deep as yours. So quit the condescending bullshit. (if you can't out-wank them, join them)

Going by the way you carry yourself online, I find it a bit rich for you to be telling anyone to 'grow up'.

Have fun in Ibiza kzzy. May the scene be with you.

x

p.s if you just admitted you like being a shit stirring tosser, I'd respect you and your opinions a lot more. The condescending, arrogant act you like to put on is just lame dude.

Bravo - Like I said, I'm not stirring shit, I was just explaining something. You came into this thread having a dig at me and my personal taste in music, so if you can't take a bit of shit back, maybe you should avoid posting on this forum.

See ya at the next PSY-RAVE x
Boom Boom
Bdizzle +

Times thanked
<
No I was not having a dig at you and you personal taste in music.... because I like a fair bit of the music you seem to enjoy.

I was having a dig at your attitude towards pretty much every night in this city other than your own.
kzzy +

Saturday October 29th..

Times thanked
<

Quote:

No I was not having a dig at you and you personal taste in music.... because I like a fair bit of the music you seem to enjoy.

I was having a dig at your attitude towards pretty much every night in this city other than your own.

It's called having an opinion, and if anything I support the scene and want to see it flourish and grow. I support Taylan and his parties and what direction he has taken this, again, I'll reiterate, the point that I was saying - I was just explaining why someone may find the line up boring.

Time to sleep, let's not argue xx
Boom Boom
DarkPhoenix +

Man of the Moment

Times thanked
<
You see boredom, i see an opportunity.

The opportunity is to see both of these acts which they have only shared the decks only once in their 15+ year dj careers. As well as an opportunity to see them play on strictly viynl..

Last edited by DarkPhoenix: 19-Jul-11 at 01:57pm

muse +

Times thanked
<
plus very little overlap in their styles of music = massive range of tuneage

i think it sounds rad.
Jerry +

Disciple of Jebus

Times thanked
<
2 of my favourite local DJ's playing extended sets on vinyl sounds awesome, will defo be in attendance if in Sydney that w/e!
tigerace +

Times thanked
<
Optional
Firstly its a shame that is this is on the same night as J00f..

Quote:

k

Wow, you managed to display the full extent of your arrogance and ignorance all in one short sentence, well done.
kzzy +

Saturday October 29th..

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post

You see boredom, i see an opportunity.

The opportunity is to see both of these acts which they have only shared the decks only once in their 15+ year dj careers. As well as an opportunity to see them play on strictly viynl..

I didn't see bordeom. I was explaining why someone saw bordeom. Sheesh!

Tigerace - Trance is about as mature as Adam Sandler comedies... There is a reason why it's the choice of music for all those u/18 raves..
Boom Boom
turkman +

khlav kalash

Times thanked
<
Hah dude J00F is far from your run of the mill Armins and Above & Beyonds.

Quote:

tigerace +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

I didn't see bordeom. I was explaining why someone saw bordeom. Sheesh!

Tigerace - Trance is about as mature as Adam Sandler comedies... There is a reason why it's the choice of music for all those u/18 raves..

Trance has been around just as long and has the same diversity as techno, yes there is a lot of cheese going around at the moment, but you get that with every genre of music.

try listening to some
http://soundcloud.com/john00fleming/...eming-global-4
m_xt +

3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510582097494459230781640628620899862803

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,490 Times in 784 Posts
This looks like fun! Will try and come down as I missed Caldwell this w/kend and havent seen Lowe for a while. Have not really heard much of Joof, maybe i should get some mixes.
PS what a suprise, kzzy bad mouthing other people's events!
Check it ****s.
Soundcloud

LAZE
turkman +

khlav kalash

Times thanked
<
But he wasn't really bad mouthing this event though.

Quote:

kzzy +

Saturday October 29th..

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by turkman View Post

But he wasn't really bad mouthing this event though.

Thank god someone actually can read.. No hate from this player..
Boom Boom
robbielowe +

Times thanked
<
Can't wait for this and love the opportunity to play vinyl only! Thanks Tay and Golden Cage
DarkPhoenix +

Man of the Moment

Times thanked
<
Tickets: $20 on the door or $15 on Guestlist ( Guestlist@GoldenCage.com.a​u )

Venue: We are excited to pop LVL 3's cherry in Kings Cross Hotel!

turkman +

khlav kalash

Times thanked
<
One less flight of stairs to hike up.

Quote:

DarkPhoenix +

Man of the Moment

Times thanked
<
We are going to have our own private entry from the side laneway. Direct access to level 3. BOOM!
formandfunction +

Times thanked
<
wooooops, i meant this one
WIGGLE FACTOR

Form & Function Mixes
pomrocks +

Does it Deep

Times thanked
<

Quote:

We are going to have our own private entry from the side laneway. Direct access to level 3. BOOM!

Hmmmmmmmmmm private entry

the best kind of entry
Playing at;

SHRUG
fluffffy +

Times thanked
<
The question is what differentiates this night to every other night?

Rave on Sydney x[/quote]

Simple answer -

At the end of the day you go to a gig to hear music. .
Combine these facts,-
Simon & Robbie have such an extensive and amazing record collection which they dont get to play because the nature of most of their gigs,
They have 3 hrs each to do what they want which will obviously be nothing they have done in recent times.
Again, they aren't playing warm up sets.
They are playing vinyl (a lot of stuff wont ever have been released on mp3)
Experiencing a set done on vinyl is far more satisfying as their true skills are displayed.

This WILL be something different no question
End of story ,

kzzy +

Saturday October 29th..

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffffy View Post

Simple answer -

At the end of the day you go to a gig to hear music. .
Combine these facts,-
Simon & Robbie have such an extensive and amazing record collection which they dont get to play because the nature of most of their gigs,
They have 3 hrs each to do what they want which will obviously be nothing they have done in recent times.
Again, they aren't playing warm up sets.
They are playing vinyl (a lot of stuff wont ever have been released on mp3)
Experiencing a set done on vinyl is far more satisfying as their true skills are displayed.

This WILL be something different no question
End of story ,

I just like a debate:

Carly is putting Simon Caldwell on at One Night Stand for 5 hours probably? Before then Simon played at the WHAM Sydney Legends party, for 5 hours. Before then, there has been many other Simon has played at many other parties besides being a warm up DJ.

Ditto with Robbie - who played a retrospective set for Dave @ Shrug and WHAM..

I'm not having a go, just making sure we are all on the same page?

Also Simon plays Vinyl 90% of the time, it's nothing new for him?

Again, just a bit of constructive debate, this event will be amazing-town as both Simon and Robbie are world series DJs who do deserve an amazing night to showcase some shizzle... x
Boom Boom
Dr Bones +

Gail's in Mensa. She reads books. For fun!

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,113 Times in 743 Posts

Quote:

Sig worthy.

Quote:

DarkPhoenix +

Man of the Moment

Times thanked
<
The point here is Robbie and Simon sharing the same stage together under one roof, which, interestingly has only happened once before in their careers.
Patopeaking +

iPato v3.03

Times thanked
<
ffs Karim
Resident Advisor Pics

http://www.consumeraware.com.au Consumers Review, Businesses Respond.
DarkPhoenix +

Man of the Moment

Times thanked
<
haters gonna hate...

BOOM! Ready to go!
muse +

Times thanked
<
Why do people think that shooting upwards is a good idea?

Poor old Simon and Robbie, they're all chins

What a couple of legends though
pomrocks +

Does it Deep

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by muse View Post

Poor old Simon and Robbie, they're all chins

All the better for a stroking...
Playing at;

SHRUG
turkman +

khlav kalash

Times thanked
<

Quote:

All the better for a stroking...

I haven't come this far with only one.

Quote:

DarkPhoenix +

Man of the Moment

Times thanked
<
Not long now; please send names to guestlist@goldencage.com.au for $15 entry..

oh and there might be a Funktion 1 sound system to get the best out of the brandnew tecnics
pomrocks +

Does it Deep

Times thanked
<

Quote:

oh and there might be a Funktion 1 sound system to get the best out of the brandnew tecnics

Awesome, wish i could be there for it
Playing at;

SHRUG
Page 1 of 2

« Previous Thread Next Thread »