The DJ Booth

Behringer B-Control DEEJAY BCD2000

Tools
hoppuspears +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by akashanelson

I'll host a couple of mapping options for T3 and Abelton 6 in the next day or two.

cheers i want to try it!! t3 i mean
jimmychin +

Times thanked
<
Hi,

my first post here so pls dont kill me !

i've been using the bcd2000 with vdj4.2 and it works a treat - just plugged it in and was mixing away.

i'm now tryin to up my game and use ableton Live but i cannot get the midi mapped!
i can see the midi input but nothing is triggered.

i've searched everywhere and although i read it can and has been done, no-one can tell me how to set it up.

pls HELP !
jimbo +

Nutri-gurn

Times thanked
<
hey dude

try pressing ctrl m (or command m if you're on a mac) clicking the thing you want to tweak, then tweaking the control on your bcd that you want to tweak it with, then pressing ctrl m again
www.myspace.com/jaytech

A Jimbo Haiku by Garth

Such a little bitch
The kitten cries late at night
Stop touching yourself
jimmychin +

Times thanked
<
hey Jimbo,

yeah, i had a play around with it and managed to start assigning - its working.

the problem was that in the Options window when i selected the BCD as midi controller i didnt have the 3 boxes checked -cant remember what they ere now but one of them was sync - and that did it.

thanks for the reponse !
winstonuk +

Times thanked
<
Im selling mine (sydney) if anyone's interested

gonna wait for the 3000
www.myspace.com/winstonandyoddy
www.soundcloud.com/winstonandyoddy
smokinman +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by winstonuk

Im selling mine (sydney) if anyone's interested

gonna wait for the 3000

digital village in the UK seem to be selling them already ,and a couple of us shops are quoting may 26th as the next shipment date.

behringer website says JULY for AUS ;-(
music is the dance of the cosmos

http://soundcloud.com/deltanine
MassPanic +

Times thanked
<
Deckadance

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ D one

Not sure when deckadance is available and the price, and the bugs, but apparently can work with the 2000

Can't remember if deckadance was mentionned before, so sorry if i am repeating here.
But surely if anybody try the demo with a 2000 let me know what is the verdict...hopefully this will not cost as much as traktor.

DJD1

I've been experimenting with full version of deckadance 1.10 and the BDC for the last couple of days. Its been very stable, and the sound quality is great. As far as midi goes its plug and play, way easier to set up then traktor. It has some great features that traktor doesnt have:

* Its a VSTi Plug In
* It's got a beat window which displays both tracks playing together on to pof each other, (So you can perfectly sync up the beats)
* Plug and play support for basically all the popular midi controllers
* Native support for all timecoded vinyls and cds (final scratch, serato)
* better easier looping functions. (there is a function which will keep the track playing and return it to its current playing position when you exit the loop)

The main problem I found with it is the playlist and browsing functions. The broswer searches the files names, not the id3 track information, so its really hard to find what you're looking for without changing the way you label things. Also, i'm not sure how to change the BPM settings, ie there is no tap tempo, and the srcatch mode is when the track is playing is not as good as traktor.

Overall i think its got some better, easier to access features than traktor, but i'm still getting used to that so i'm not sure. If they fix up the track browsing in the next installment i would prefer deckadance to traktor.

Hope this helps some people
Un_discovered +

Times thanked
<
- New here, but know a fair bit about audio, computers, etc. Studying Audio Engineering next year.
Have a fair few questions, but any help is appreciated.

I've been looking at one of these for well over a year now, never really had a reason to buy one until now though.
I'm looking at using it for a halloween/joint birthday party in October (obviously). Something like 60-70+ people. (I will be using it regularly afterwards, as well).

I've noticed numerous people say it's sound output hardware sounds crap, and that it's better to map the sound to the computer's soundcard. I have some cheap little $20 5.1 AudioExcel soundcard, That said, it sounds great for it's budget class. However, I also own a Digitech GNX4, which for those who don't know, is a $1700 all-in-one box for guitar effects, recording, playing, etc. Would I be better off using the soundcard on the GNX4? Mobility isn't an issue.

My computer tower is;
2.8GHz P4
512MB RAM
120GB HDD (partitioned C:30/D:90), with 14GB of music

As far as I'm aware, that should be plenty to run even some of the most demanding mixing applications.

Has anyone had any experience with MyXOFT DSS DJ? It looks a little like Traktor. You can download a trial from somewhere or other. IMO, it looks much friendlier than Traktor, although I think I might have read somewhere about there being different skins and layouts that can be configured for Traktor. (That said, the same can be done with DSS DJ). I've been practising with DSS DJ for a while now, and want to actually get the hardware interface and software. Getting a little annoyed at the 30 minute trial sessions of DSS DJ, and don't want to fork out US$150 for the full version.

I personally liked the look of the BDJ software better than Traktor, as it's more a matter of "What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get", but again, Traktor has different layouts etc?

I'm on a tight budget as well, so unless someone can guarantee me that the BDJ software will cripple my gig, I'm leaning towards the BCD2000 rather than the 3000.

Also, does anyone know of any plug-ins or anything that can be run with BDJ/Traktor/DSS DJ (seeing as they all support DirectX plug-ins) that would produce a visualisation that I can output on a projector?

Any answers are greatly appreciated, thanks.
DJ Fusion +

As real as it gets...

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Un_discovered

-

I've noticed numerous people say it's sound output hardware sounds crap, and that it's better to map the sound to the computer's soundcard.

Can't say I agree with that. Maybe if you have some expensive badass external soundcard but the BCD sound is way better than trying to use your internal soundcard.
Fear my latest tune.
Un_discovered +

Times thanked
<
Well, the GNX4 pretty much counts as a badass external soundcard.

Are there ANY quality issues with the BCD2000's output?
Ralph Wiggum +

Registered Techno User

Times thanked
<
I recently did a firmware upgrade on the BCD2000 (It's on their site). Not that it appeared to have done anything at first, I had again tried using the onboard sound card of the BCD and the sound quality appears to have improved 10 fold. Crisp and clear. (I can't really work out what this has to do with a firmware upgrade though??)

I used this on a big club rig recently and was quite impressed, nothing like it was when I originally purchased it, no distortion or anything and sounded much better than my onboard laptop sound card (which I am grateful for as it's not 'ballsy' enough).

I have also upgraded my copy of Virtual DJ to 4.2 and this has also fixed up a lot of the minor issues I'd been having. (Not sure why so many people have hated on this application, it works well and looks and feels much better than Traktor IMO.)

From what I have read, the 2000 & the 3000 have identical components, just the colour of that box is different and the 3000 comes with Traktor LE and costs $100 more.

My only : ( with them is the build quality, the faders getting sloppy really quickly, but I am totally aware of you get what you pay for and this thing is cheap!

I reckon I could almost rebuild it with some quality faders and pots, surely it can't be that hard? Any tech heads out there up for a challenge? I'd be happy to help out.

I can still recommend using either of them for something to play with at home or a mates place, they can be a lot of fun
Effin See

Rav

Frisky Music

Last edited by Ralph Wiggum: 26-Jul-07 at 02:45pm

DJ Fusion +

As real as it gets...

Times thanked
<
Hold the phone, 'firmware upgrade'...? Or did oyu just grab the 1.1.1.0 drivers?
Ralph Wiggum +

Registered Techno User

Times thanked
<
Hmm, yeah maybe it was just that??

On second thoughts it was the driver update.
Effin See

Rav

Frisky Music
N4TE +

I play rough now - don't like it? Don't play.

Times thanked
<
news flash, after cloe to three years of rather rough treatment, my BCF now has serious problems. You see, I was renovating and a besa block fell on it. It fell about 2m from the top of the wall to the BCF which was sitting on the floor below. Now, four of the punch buttons are fucked (as in bashed in) and one the channel one rotary encoder has broken off, but still works if you stick your finger in the hole and manual the not-broken-off-bit.)

So it seems I was wrong. Ish. OK so you can't kill them with a brick, but a besa block will make it a paraplegic if you hit it hard enough. Apart from that, all the bits that didn't get fallen on, and the first two faders which did get bashed in and landed on (but I took it apart and just had to push the circuit board back up at one end, popping the faders back out,) still work just fukn fine, thanks for asking. Since I have nothing to lose by trying, I'm going to have a crack at fixing up the fucked up punches on channels one and two by the simple expedient of taking it apart and trying to get the slots the buttons protrude through back into a slightly less mangled condition and gluing the rotary encoder back in, as the punches seemed to operate fine with the cover off and the rotary stoill works anyway. Say some more shit out how crap behringer stuff is. I dare ya!
“Care more than others think is wise,
risk more than others think is safe, dream more than others think is practical
and expect more than others think is possible."
Ralph Wiggum +

Registered Techno User

Times thanked
<
Frame it and stick it up on the wall.

Mine is just about proper fucked too, but that's from booze and fingering the controls like a cheap whore.
Effin See

Rav

Frisky Music
hoppuspears +

Times thanked
<
Hey ive lost the disk and want to install the bcd2000 on my computer again as i reformatted.. Where can i find the drivers and download bdj? THNKS!
Ralph Wiggum +

Registered Techno User

Times thanked
<
http://www.behringer.com/05_support/...s.cfm?lang=eng
Effin See

Rav

Frisky Music
maclesr +

Times thanked
<
A couple of my mates have a BCD2000 and it looks like fun. They love it.

I just got a new computer with Vista. How does the software and system handle Vista??

Anyone know if there would be any difference between the 2000 and the 3000 in terms of handling Vista?
hoppuspears +

Times thanked
<
Hey ive installed the driver and everything and software on the laptop for the first time. It runs ok for like 30 seconds but as soon as i do anything it like just skips and drops in and out and farks up. Ive turned latecy down and everything. Ive checked ive got all the newest drivers and stuff but it doesnt work barely! any ideas.
Ralph Wiggum +

Registered Techno User

Times thanked
<
What program are you using?
Effin See

Rav

Frisky Music
hoppuspears +

Times thanked
<
b-dj.

1 gig ram
3hgz proccesor

even on vdj 4.1 i couldnt get it working properly maybe ive got old drivers or firmware.. Anyone know were to find the newest of that stuff
dilatedjunKie +

Times thanked
<
How does this compare to the A&H Xone 3D??
and are they mac OS X compatible?
holdin on to my sanity, poorly
DE PUTA MADRE
dilatedjunKie +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilatedjunKie

How does this compare to the A&H Xone 3D??

stupid question, rephrase: Budget wise will it accomplish the same as the Xone 3d?
holdin on to my sanity, poorly
DE PUTA MADRE
hoppuspears +

Times thanked
<
fucking hell. Reinstalled the orginal driver and software still no luck..

its runs perfect on my desktop but barely on my dell laptop. Its like lags heeps every 30 secondsish. Then crashes!! Its got well enough specs to run it as well!
hoppuspears +

Times thanked
<
gahh same problem as above with virtual dj 4.

It just lags and screw up.

Running

Dell laptop
1 gig of ram
3 ghz CPU pentium m
b-dj

Anyone please help!
Ralph Wiggum +

Registered Techno User

Times thanked
<
Use Vitual DJ 4.2 or 4.3, they fixed most of the bugs and it has native control for the BCD 2000. No farting about with trying to configure and midi map the device. You will still need to download the latest device drivers from:
http://www.behringer.com/05_support/...s.cfm?lang=eng

Also read this dudes blog, it has all the info you need and should fix any latency issues you have:

http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/juliocqb/blog3586.html
Effin See

Rav

Frisky Music
hoppuspears +

Times thanked
<
Hey guys i got some help of another website and its fixed all i needed to do was diasable wireless card. dont ask me why haha
DJSketch +

Strike3

Times thanked
<
after about 6 hours of screwing around i've managed to get the BCD3000 working on my vista lappy with Traktor 3

Its actually quite nice, but wouldnt reccomend it for ANYONE using vista untill they bring out real drivers. i had to pull quite a few hacks to get it running properly.

I'm also running ableton on the same laptop and using the top row of the BCD as an ableton controller so it's under a bit pf pressure, it may be a trial by fire this friday infront of 700 people haha.
Filthy Gorgeous
Cott Sessions
Rouge
Fuse
Halliwell @ Villa - April 16

www.strike3productions.com

Hit me up on PM for guestlist & VIP Comps.
oliosky +

Steel City Resident

Times thanked
<
Jeez Theres no way I'd trust my BCD at a real gig, just quietly....
hoppuspears +

Times thanked
<
Agreed above. I cant see it going like for a party from 8-1 without crashing. I would take it and use it but id want some cdj's as well!
Ralph Wiggum +

Registered Techno User

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by oliosky

Jeez Theres no way I'd trust my BCD at a real gig, just quietly....

How come?

Mine is rock solid.
Effin See

Rav

Frisky Music
Orpheus Melody +

Times thanked
<
I've just played with it for the first time with the top section synched to ableton, the bottom on traktor and the audio routed through a club mixer (not from the bcd soundcard) and it held up to 4 hours of solid mixing and triggering fairly well, no glitches or dropouts, midi worked fine and i'm growing to really like it.

i use cdj and vinyl also so if it drops out its just a matter of bashing play on a cued cdj so we'll see how it goes this weekend

hrmm,
its me Sketch by the way, not this orpheus character lol
oliosky +

Steel City Resident

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum

How come?

Mine is rock solid.

I find mine really inconsistent. Some days it will play for hours without a glitch and others its sketchy as fuck. I think it might be the fact im using it as a soundcard, the asio drivers just don't seem to agree with my PC

Congrats on the show too DJSKetch
Ralph Wiggum +

Registered Techno User

Times thanked
<
I cannot for the life of me get the BCD to work with the ASIO drivers, blue screen heaven when I enable this. How does it go when you just use it as a midi device (no ASIO drivers.)?
Effin See

Rav

Frisky Music
DJSketch +

Strike3

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum

I cannot for the life of me get the BCD to work with the ASIO drivers, blue screen heaven when I enable this. How does it go when you just use it as a midi device (no ASIO drivers.)?

i havent dared try use the asio drivers and bcd soundcard, i use FS2 as my soundcard and its working, i cant risk playing around as i need the rig to run every weekend lol and my cd's are getting rusy because i haven't updated them in a month or two.
Filthy Gorgeous
Cott Sessions
Rouge
Fuse
Halliwell @ Villa - April 16

www.strike3productions.com

Hit me up on PM for guestlist & VIP Comps.
Ralph Wiggum +

Registered Techno User

Times thanked
<
Yeah I'm the same. I did recently buy byself a Numark DJ|IO USB soundcard, this device uses the ASIO drivers and works a treat. As mentioned earlier, anytime I've gone to try the ASIO drivers on the BCD, buh bow.
Effin See

Rav

Frisky Music
NORBY +

Times thanked
<
hey guys!

after reading this thread i went out and bought the BCD2000

and what a great little machine it is!

nice and mobile

however, i have run into an issue with loops, the default program allows you to pick a start and end with the loop which is great, however virtual dj doesnt allow this!

how do i define the start and end of a loop?

Cheers

Trav
BURNSunit +

Times thanked
<
can i have this running through my laptop and 2 cdj's? or wats the go :p
not good with the technical side of things
Ralph Wiggum +

Registered Techno User

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by BURNSunit

can i have this running through my laptop and 2 cdj's? or wats the go :p
not good with the technical side of things

No. There is only one switchable (cd/Phono) input on the back. The other input is phono only.
Effin See

Rav

Frisky Music
BURNSunit +

Times thanked
<
so could i use it as just a mixer like 2cdjs plugged into it with no computer
or use like 1 cdj and the computer software>
BURNSunit +

Times thanked
<
hoppuspears +

Times thanked
<
im pretty sure u can have 2 analog sources plugged in..

ipod.
cdj

for example.
NORBY +

Times thanked
<
yep has two analgue inputs
Ralph Wiggum +

Registered Techno User

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by BURNSunit

This unit does not work with out it being connected to a computer and software running.

You could use one cdj and a record player, or two record players whilst connected to a computer and with the Behringer software.

I've read somewhere that you can apparantly use the inputs with Virtual DJ. Check the vdj forums and blogs for more info.

Effin See

Rav

Frisky Music
BURNSunit +

Times thanked
<
anyone got any virtual dj skins they wanna share
NORBY +

Times thanked
<
i ave actually found the default skin is probably the best one!!
BURNSunit +

Times thanked
<
theres a mad cdj1000 one with a djm800 :p
will bling it up..
btw..awesome little unit
BURNSunit +

Times thanked
<
mm im having problems

it keep saying problem in the asio sound card or something like that
i hope its something simple..can anyone help???!!
BURNSunit +

Times thanked
<
well..i officially cant get mine working anymore
tried to unistall and reinstall the drivers and now nothing works..
had the unit for 2 weeks and now cant use it

i hadnt even played with any of the settings b4 its fucked out on me
toilet trained +

Mr thunderbox

Times thanked
<
^^^
bummer dude,

a mate got one a while ago, cant say we have had any probs with it. just used it last weekend for about a 10 hour warehouse party, no probs.

you can also fiddle with the effects as well, to get more out of them, we found a way of changing the delay timing and teamed it with one of the effects knobs that doesn't do anything on the pre-sets.

anyway, if it stopped workin after 2 weeks, there is obviously something major wrong. get it back on warentee. technology can be a prick
hang on a minute, im on the potty doing poo

http://soundcloud.com/moth-hunter

« Previous Thread Next Thread »