The Main Room

Israel v Gaza

Tools
trist +

too many years on ITM

Times thanked
<
^ no doubt energy reserves are a primary driver, but there are also other issues at play.
Come with us back to those inglorious days when heroes weren't zeros. Before fair was square. When the cavalry came straight away and all-American men were like Hemingway to the days of the wondrous B movie. Gil Scott-Heron
Coezi +

Times thanked
<
All Trist said was China invoke a special kind of distrust from their neighbours and they have no friends.

Claude you've said that his opinion is biased because all super powers are distrusted by their neighbours. He said a special kind of distrust. So I can only assume he means the distrust is more intense than other neighbours feel for their super power big brothers, or... China's neighbouring countries are capable of distrusting in some new... Special kind of way. I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and assume he meant the former in which case Trist simply believes China's neighbours distrust China more than any of the US neighbours or Russian neighbours distrust them.

I think it was fair enough for Claude to point out there may be a bias in such a comment. There may well have been. Trist may have been pack raped as a child by a cluster of horny Panda Bears after reaching out to clutch his soggy mess of a paddlepop he had dropped and falling into their enclosure at the zoo. After years of waking to the grunts of an intense panda mating frenzy ringing in his ears and the smells of chewed bamboo filling his nostrils he would subsequently form a deeply seeded hatred for all things Chinese. Claude was right to question such an audacious comment.

However, Trist then responded with a series of logical reason for why he believes... That most of Asia hates China far more than the neighbours of the US and Russia hate them. Unfortunately for all the spectators it seems Trist was not raped by a cluster of horny Panda Bears after dropping a paddlepop in their enclosure at the zoo. I believe Claude has accepted this response and we can all move forward with the knowledge that Trist's asshole has not been violated... At least not by Panda Bears.

Now, considering I'm probably the stupidest person to ever read or indeed attempt to post in the current affairs forum I pose the following question in all it's implied sincerity.

What the fuck are you two talking about now?
HERPA DERPA, HERPADEE DOO
I'VE GOT A PERFECT PUZZLE FOR YOU
HERPA DERPA, HERPADAH DEE
IF YOU ARE WISE, YOU'LL LISTEN TO ME.
trist +

too many years on ITM

Times thanked
<
I can confirm that I have never been raped by a horny cluster of panda bears.
Come with us back to those inglorious days when heroes weren't zeros. Before fair was square. When the cavalry came straight away and all-American men were like Hemingway to the days of the wondrous B movie. Gil Scott-Heron
buffed +

Times thanked
<
When Chinese investment pours out of the country by the billions, clearly, it's not only it's neighbours who distrust the government. Fact is, no one trusts China but they deal with it because they are the only one's buying shit.
Portal +

Work that motherf#$ker

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,030 Times in 449 Posts
and making shit, like everything
claude glass +

Times thanked
<
No governments are trusted by any other government. If they did Julian Assange would be a nobody.
Fangoriously +

Fusion Aerodynamical Science

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,209 Times in 525 Posts
Well ok, but the point still stands that China is nigel no friends, even compared to other comparatively-strong nations.
Aerodynamical Fusion Science Terminal Velocitising Scientician Experimentalising
claude glass +

Times thanked
<
Fly into Beijing and you just sail through the airport with a simple stamp and you're away. Fly into the US and you're an automatic suspect terrorist. Despite China's increasing central and south eastern activities which I don't deny it's just ludicrous to suggest China is the odd country out. A lot of countries have the US on their hate list. The only reason for us to have strong relations with the US is simply utlititarian, just as the reason we maintain ties with China, our largest trading partner, is utlilitarian. You can't talk about countries like they are people.
trist +

too many years on ITM

Times thanked
<
you seem incapable of grasping the wider context. I am getting out.
Fangoriously +

Times thanked
<
Yep. I agree.
Aerodynamical Fusion Science Terminal Velocitising Scientician Experimentalising
Coezi +

Times thanked
<
Well that settles it. Claude must have been pack raped by a band of horny mountain rednecks after straying off the beaten track following a white water rafting accident as a child. The subsequent flash backs of yip-yawing yee-hawing banjo players in arse-less leather chaps riding him around while he squeals like a pig have left Claude wary, skeptical, suspicious and above all fearful of all things America. The very kind of special distrust I think Trist was talking about.

Thread over.
claude glass +

Times thanked
<
Actually I think I am talking about the wider context. I'm completely across the tensions in the South China Sea and in central Asia I just think it's neither useful nor meaningful to compare the differing relationships the super powers have, and saying that China is the country without friends is over reduced and meaningless in that context. But it's probably a conversation that demands more than to-ing and fro-ing over a forum.

Coezi I really don't know why you bother. Go back to the General forum and let your nephew run wild again.
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coezi View Post

Thread over.

two state solution

one state solution

jihad

Coezi's Deliverance ITM troll solution

Ding ding ding we have a wienertron
Coezi +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by claude glass View Post

Actually I think I am talking about the wider context. I'm completely across the tensions in the South China Sea and in central Asia I just think it's neither useful nor meaningful to compare the differing relationships the super powers have, and saying that China is the country without friends is over reduced and meaningless in that context. But it's probably a conversation that demands more than to-ing and fro-ing over a forum.

Coezi I really don't know why you bother. Go back to the General forum and let your nephew run wild again.

I'm just joking, mate. Chill out a bit yeah.
claude glass +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coezi View Post

I'm just joking, mate. Chill out a bit yeah.

I know. It's just incredibly unfunny. That's why I don't know why you bother.
Coezi +

Times thanked
<
It was incredibly funny for me, you see, because I was banking on you continuing to rant about America so I could suggest you've been molested by mountain rednecks... After straying off the beaten track following a white water rafting accident. And then you did keep ranting about America... And then I did suggest you may have been molested by mountain rednecks... After straying off the beaten track following a white water rafting accident.
buffed +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

No governments are trusted by any other government. If they did Julian Assange would be a nobody.

Their own people try to get as much money out of the country as possible for fear of having it taken from them by the government. i don't see Australians and americans trying to shovel money offshore (other than for tax evasion).

no one trusts the chinese, least of all their own people........i know you're being argumentative for the sake of it on this, but i can't understand why.
claude glass +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by buffed View Post

Their own people try to get as much money out of the country as possible for fear of having it taken from them by the government. i don't see Australians and americans trying to shovel money offshore (other than for tax evasion).

no one trusts the chinese, least of all their own people........i know you're being argumentative for the sake of it on this, but i can't understand why.

I don't disagree with that at all buffed.

I'm not sure the Russian people trust their government very much either. But the discussion is about international geopolitics, and in the end it by and large turns out to be every country for itself. If it that wasn't the case, things like the GATT wouldn't be needed, and wouldn't be continually challenged.

I've been on the record saying I'm glad we have the US and their guns looking after us, but I think we would be a bit naive to unequivocally trust them. We've certainly been fucked over in wars by our more powerful allies in the past. And the US doesn't send in troops to protect countries without negotiating their pound of flesh in return.
Fangoriously +

Times thanked
<
Yeah, but even the US and the USSR had significant allies and developed hegemonies that expanded past their own immediate sphere of influence.

The Chinese don't.

I agree with Trist in that they're alone in the world, compared to others of similar power.
Kellyboop +

Lettuce be cereal here, guys.

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,740 Times in 1,547 Posts

Quote:

Fly into Beijing and you just sail through the airport with a simple stamp and you're away.

You seem to forget the really annoying visa process that you have to go through before you can even fly into the country.

Every time I go to get a visa there's some new "rule" that didn't exist before such as they need a copy of your passport .....my passport is right there? Or this guy was beside me and he had an American passport and suddenly needed two forms and two photos, which was not the case two months ago. However when you go into Hong Kong it's as easy as handing them your passport, them taking your photo and you paying them.

I swear they make rules up in the Chinese visa offices just to troll us round eyes.
claude glass +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fangoriously View Post

Yeah, but even the US and the USSR had significant allies and developed hegemonies that expanded past their own immediate sphere of influence.

The Chinese don't.

I agree with Trist in that they're alone in the world, compared to others of similar power.

It is alone in the world because it is not part of a bloc because it doesn't ned to be.
Kiron +

Mess with the best, Die like the rest!

Times thanked
<
Media Player

israeli Jewish documentary about using anti-Semitism to control the rest of the world.

The most disgusting thing is the ADL (anti-defamation league) trying to make Ukraine not recognize the Holodomer as it would "Compete" with the Holocaust.
Yak, yak, yak. Get a job
Kiron22 << Add me to Last.fm bitches so we can Hipster it up together
Weinertron +

random shoutbox generator

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheelWinston View Post

two state solution

one state solution

jihad

Coezi's Deliverance ITM troll solution

Ding ding ding we have a wienertron

post reported. don't ever compare me to that moron.
Fuck Everything Forever
Coezi +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weinertron View Post

post reported. don't ever compare me to that moron.

Smiley face or not, have a big sweaty nut sack slap to the face, internet bitch.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »