The DJ Booth

Labels

Tools
Ghostman +

Times thanked
<
Labels
Hey people I would like to have a play with some mellow house, deep and underground or even minimal techno. The sort of stuff I would imagine you would hear at a recovery party. So could anyone point me in the right direction with some labels..
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,497 Times in 917 Posts
Just hit Beatport's Deephouse, releases by date, show as tracks no releases and work you way through some stuff, when you find something you like, click the artist/label and check each of their back catalogue stuff imo
Pete Gordon - Deep and Low

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

https://soundcloud.com/random_kiwi/deep-and-low
shr3dder +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random_Kiwi View Post

Just hit Beatport's Deephouse, releases by date, show as tracks no releases and work you way through some stuff, when you find something you like, click the artist/label and check each of their back catalogue stuff imo

+1

Spotify is available in Australia now too, that's a good way to find stuff as well, surprisingly large catalogue of smaller label electronic releases too.

http://soundcloud.com/mmmbutch/
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,497 Times in 917 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random_Kiwi View Post

Just hit Beatport's Deephouse, releases by date, show as tracks not releases

This is entirely how I shop these days, I know what I like by sound, not by artist/label, I find it's a great way to find stuff you otherwise wouldn't have found/over-looked if you get too hung up on searching by artist/labels etc.

Ignore who it is/what label it's on and judge by ear...then if you really love, you can follow a trail of labels/artists

Breaks - sub genre Funk Breaks also has lead to some stella stuff, stuff which isn't even breaks, but that sub 114BPM super deep house which is just categorised wrong.
Pete Gordon - Deep and Low

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

https://soundcloud.com/random_kiwi/deep-and-low
slackas +

Music on my mind...

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by shr3dder View Post

+1

Spotify is available in Australia now too, that's a good way to find stuff as well, surprisingly large catalogue of smaller label electronic releases too.

I just got onto spotify today, interesting way to listen to music... might just be the answer to piracy.
Tech-One
shr3dder +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by slackas View Post

I just got onto spotify today, interesting way to listen to music... might just be the answer to piracy.

I was gutted when I came back from the UK after a year of using Spotify, that was nearly 3 years ago so it's been a long wait.
It's an incredible way to listen to music, I think in definitely is the answer to most forms of music piracy, especially for your Joe Blog commercial radio listener.

That said though, the artist gets something absurd like 0.0001 cent a play in royalties from it..... So they still really don't get paid.

http://soundcloud.com/mmmbutch/
slackas +

Music on my mind...

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by shr3dder View Post

I was gutted when I came back from the UK after a year of using Spotify, that was nearly 3 years ago so it's been a long wait.
It's an incredible way to listen to music, I think in definitely is the answer to most forms of music piracy, especially for your Joe Blog commercial radio listener.

That said though, the artist gets something absurd like 0.0001 cent a play in royalties from it..... So they still really don't get paid.

As opposed to not being paid from releases.... ha ha, its all the same...

Atleast the cheap arses can listen to my tunes for free now.
Tech-One
Funkedub +

"You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help."

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,141 Posts
Recovery? And all you want to do is bash out 130BPM 4TTF variations?

Drop it down ... trip hop ... soul ... ambient ... psy chill ... dubs

k k ... let's compromise ... dub techno .... make sure you have bass response and don't be shy with the volume.

Media Player

Heavy heavy trance
For all of your musical needs*

funkedub dot com

*musical needs most likely not met
baax +

Times thanked
<
Echopsace Detroit
Kontra Musik
Time to express
Delsin
SOUNDCLOUD

MIXCLOUD
kieren +

save the vinyl

Times thanked
<
Wow Funkendub, that was really bass heavy, my KEF's shook the house!!!!
"Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid"

Special.K
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=641649534.
www.s-w-s.com.au
www.klad.com.au

« Previous Thread Next Thread »