Sydney

Good Friday - Pubs/Clubs that are open?

Reply
  Tools
bladerunner73 +

always up for it

bladerunner73's Avatar
Joined
Sep '04
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
201
Good Friday - Pubs/Clubs that are open?
Hi guys

I'm organising drinks and party for Good Firday and want to go out later in the evening in the city/oxford st or kings X.

Does anyone know if pubs or clubs are open at all on March 25th (Good Friday)

txs team....

:trucker:

PS I called the Coogee Bay Hotel and the Palace and they are open from 12 midday to 10 pm .. so i guess others might be the same.

Last edited by bladerunner73: 14-Mar-05 at 02:45pm

jcbeaumont +

Registered Loser

jcbeaumont's Avatar
Joined
Mar '02
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
3,293
The ones that are can't open till midnight... So most of them don't bother.
hefe +

aka otis

hefe's Avatar
Joined
Mar '02
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
363
there isn't any pubs or clubs that serve alcohol on Good Fri cos it's against the law (same deal Xmas day)
jcbeaumont +

Registered Loser

jcbeaumont's Avatar
Joined
Mar '02
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
3,293
Which means Thu is the day to stock up for the deep dark winter that is good friday...
LowJohnny +

Brand New Day

LowJohnny's Avatar
Joined
Sep '01
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
4,548
Strip clubs are open, I checked.

I think I'm going to hell.
Hornsey Road exists in its own time and space, like that alternate 1985 in Back to the Future II where Biff's in charge and there's tanks on the street and prostitutes everywhere.

Teh MySpace
djsimonmann +

Registered User

djsimonmann's Avatar
Joined
Aug '01
Times thanked
< 1
Posts
9,578
prolly none til after 12...
We'dspace www.myspace.com/we39d

www.soundcloud.com/djsimonmann

My latest release: https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/...epest%20Groove
Spitchen +

musical host

Spitchen's Avatar
Joined
Mar '01
Times thanked
< 39
Posts
18,675
Most pubs are licenced to stay open till 10pm but none can sell takeaway alcohol.
There is pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more.... Lord Byron
miss muffett +

Registered User

miss muffett's Avatar
Joined
Apr '02
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
1,410
are bottle shops open on Good Friday?
17:08:40 grover> sif i drink goon
Spitchen +

musical host

Spitchen's Avatar
Joined
Mar '01
Times thanked
< 39
Posts
18,675

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss muffett

are bottle shops open on Good Friday?

Nope.
There is pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more.... Lord Byron
Junk Science +

Registered User

Joined
Mar '01
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
1,290
There is an event on Good Friday with Jonathan Lisle & Phil K, Potbeleez etc

details here.. http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/sho...d.php?t=121437
www.sweetchilli.com.au ......taking a break
lyric +

ITM Contributor

lyric's Avatar
Joined
Oct '01
Times thanked
< 539
Posts
3,149
this makes me cranky. it seems like such an old fashioned restriction.

i assume it's because Good Friday is a religious holiday but there's a hell of lot of non-Christians who should have the right to buy alcohol as they usually can on a public holiday. it's obviously also bad for businesses.

Thankfully I expect to be so hungover from the night before that the thought of alcohol on GF will repulse me....
rollyz +

Registered User

Joined
Jun '02
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
30
go complain to the ACCC if your pubs are closed by law. The ACCC is more powerful than the Law.
jasonlloyd +

Carrving the slopes up in

jasonlloyd's Avatar
Joined
Apr '03
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
5,681
as far a i no, nothing is open at all. so id stock up on piss the night before.
jasonlloyd +

Carrving the slopes up in

jasonlloyd's Avatar
Joined
Apr '03
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
5,681

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyric

this makes me cranky. it seems like such an old fashioned restriction.

i assume it's because Good Friday is a religious holiday but there's a hell of lot of non-Christians who should have the right to buy alcohol as they usually can on a public holiday. it's obviously also bad for businesses.

Thankfully I expect to be so hungover from the night before that the thought of alcohol on GF will repulse me....


good point.
Ms_RaVer +

Registered User

Ms_RaVer's Avatar
Joined
Mar '04
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
261
Most clubs have there regular friday club nights on the Thursday night (Sublime, Plastic, Le Panic)

Ive always been away over Easter but from what ive heard there are not aloth of things open.

Thursday is always good - why dont you have your party this night?!
jcbeaumont +

Registered Loser

jcbeaumont's Avatar
Joined
Mar '02
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
3,293

Quote:

Originally Posted by rollyz

go complain to the ACCC if your pubs are closed by law. The ACCC is more powerful than the Law.

I don't think the ACCC has anything to do with it dude...

The Dept of Gaming & Racing www.dgr.nsw.gov.au administer the liquor laws & Anthony McBride is the minister responsible http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/Pro...c?OpenDocument
bladerunner73 +

always up for it

bladerunner73's Avatar
Joined
Sep '04
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
201

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms_RaVer

Most clubs have there regular friday club nights on the Thursday night (Sublime, Plastic, Le Panic)

Ive always been away over Easter but from what ive heard there are not aloth of things open.

Thursday is always good - why dont you have your party this night?!

I'd love too!!!

that was my original plan .. out after work on Thursday for a huge one.. we are still going out on thursday now...only for a going away party...

but it is her big 3-0 and she wants to do something after we have her party .. so .. need to find somewhere to party .. some have suggested tank might be open but can't really see that happening...
miss muffett +

Registered User

miss muffett's Avatar
Joined
Apr '02
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
1,410
right, so stock up on booze the day before. no problems, thanks
17:08:40 grover> sif i drink goon
dinky +

Registered User

Joined
Dec '04
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
35
so i guess we are stocking up...

Kemeny's here we come......

mmm might be a bit pissed already

Last edited by dinky: 22-Mar-05 at 03:50pm

quirks +

ITM Contributor

quirks's Avatar
Joined
Jan '02
Times thanked
< 1
Posts
4,233

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinky

so i guess we are stocking up...

KEMEDY'S here we come......

Yes, I am going to Kemeny's...
SYSTEM BROADCAST:
quirks loves it
jasonlloyd +

Carrving the slopes up in

jasonlloyd's Avatar
Joined
Apr '03
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
5,681

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss muffett

are bottle shops open on Good Friday?


na sorry, stock up thursday night.
DonCiccio +

House Head

DonCiccio's Avatar
Joined
Nov '03
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
745

Quote:

Originally Posted by bladerunner73

I'd love too!!!

that was my original plan .. out after work on Thursday for a huge one.. we are still going out on thursday now...only for a going away party...

but it is her big 3-0 and she wants to do something after we have her party .. so .. need to find somewhere to party .. some have suggested tank might be open but can't really see that happening...

Tank is closed on Good Friday, as with most other venues. Plus with this crappy weather, I think a house party is in order!!
SHE - www.shesydney.com

Paul Strange Presents - www.paulstrangepresents.com
Beegie +

O Fenmeno

Beegie's Avatar
Joined
Jun '01
Times thanked
< 659
Posts
12,751

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowJohnny

Strip clubs are open, I checked.

I think I'm going to hell.

Jebus only wore a tattered loincloth on the cross... strip clubs tie in well with Good Friday.
Muscat admitted after the grand final loss to Sydney FC last month that he would be haunted for some time for sending his spot kick into the post, a miss which helped Sydney claim the championship.
Mo Groove +

Registered User

Mo Groove's Avatar
Joined
Jan '04
Times thanked
< 2
Posts
511
Good Friday
We have organised a little Good Friday party at Mint Bar, 62 Bridge St with J Lisle (bedrock UK), Phil K(Melb), Daniel C (Sweetchilli) Potbelleez and more.....Goes from 9pm til 6am. You can get tickets from this website or at the door if available

http://www.inthemix.com.au/whatson/show/20112/

Get bent for Lent !. . .
Pigman +

Easily I'm approaching, ain't no joking...

Pigman's Avatar
Joined
Oct '02
Times thanked
< 4
Posts
10,908

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mo Groove

We have organised a little Good Friday party at Mint Bar, 62 Bridge St with J Lisle (bedrock UK), Phil K(Melb), Daniel C (Sweetchilli) Potbelleez and more.....Goes from 9pm til 6am. You can get tickets from this website or at the door if available

http://www.inthemix.com.au/whatson/show/20112/

Get bent for Lent !. . .

You are so going to hell for this...




Looks good though. But where is "Mint Bar"? Bridge St...which suburb or area?
Rider Survival
Mo Groove +

Registered User

Mo Groove's Avatar
Joined
Jan '04
Times thanked
< 2
Posts
511
hey pigman

i was always going to hell because my folks r muslim and muslims arent supposd to drink. so damned i am

believe it or not mint bar is inside the intercontinental hotel near circular quay. on the corner of bridge & philip st in the city

hope 2 c u there
SamJam +

Sik Khunt

SamJam's Avatar
Joined
Apr '03
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
8,481
Anyone know what the deal is with restaraunts as well - open/closed ??
Bella +

=BellaBoogaloo=

Bella's Avatar
Joined
Mar '01
Times thanked
< 1
Posts
4,883
pigman: mint bar is in bridge st in the city.

samjam: depends on the restaurant, because it's a public holiday I would assume that most seafood places would be open for trading, as would the bigger restaurants. if you are planning on eating out, it might be an idea to call the restaurant you want to visit in advance and asking them.

ive just been told that i have a case of wine at home, so yay for not having to stop at the bottle-o with every other freak this afternoon!
Tweet Tweet! Bella Boogaloo on Twitter

Tumbl This! Haircrash

or Tumbl This! Kicks n Geeky Shit
hefe +

aka otis

hefe's Avatar
Joined
Mar '02
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
363

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamJam

Anyone know what the deal is with restaraunts as well - open/closed ??

china town would be the go for restaurants i'd reckon... mmmm..yum cha...
reggiano +

Registered User

Joined
Jul '04
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
58
Does that mean most clubs close at midnight tonight?
SamJam +

Sik Khunt

SamJam's Avatar
Joined
Apr '03
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
8,481
yeah good idea bell...

hefe...yum cha?? eew no thanks!
cruisysloth +

Living the dream..

cruisysloth's Avatar
Joined
Apr '02
Times thanked
< 4
Posts
14,722

Quote:

Originally Posted by bladerunner73

PS I called the Coogee Bay Hotel and the Palace and they are open from 12 midday to 10 pm .. so i guess others might be the same.

Coming down from QLD for the weekend and staying at my apartment on coogee beach. Will be in Bay Hotel from midday onwards it looks like, nice one


Whats the weather like down there? I hear it's farken freezing???
Living the dream...
Reply

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Posting Rules

+
    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts