Old Skool

Whatever happened to...?

Tools
Cosmica +

OS

Times thanked
< 5
Seth, I know the Deb you are talking about, she used to be with Darren.

I spoke with Darren not so long ago, he is doing well got a good job but does not go out much anymore.
Digital Hippie +

Times thanked
< 0
(Eternity.. sorry nothing topped Hardware 4 at the showgrounds...)

It has to be said that everyone's tastes differ...while I did enjoy Richie's Hardware parties my personal opinion would not rate them the best...Global Village put on the Best underground parties and loved taking each one to the next level...we did Hardcore,Acid,Trance,Jungle etc etc...To us though parties were like a culture and we embraced artists of all kinds. EPTS series of parties were awesome as were the Strange parties back at the Footscray warehouse. Regarding Eternity, that party was awesome, everyone I knew were at that party and my friends at Global certainly appreciated the efforts that GForce went to, to provide such an awesome treat. It should be mentioned that Richie himself actually played there if my memory serves me correctly. Richie did put on good parties and he only played out at good one's too. :p

So gotta say that in my opinion nothing topped Eternity, EPTS 8, Bizerk 4, Hyperbass, Strange parties, Emerald Forrest, well actually this is like naming all my fave tunes ...soooo many awesome parties back in the era of 1992 - 1995....I just could go on and on. What an absolute blast of a time I experienced back then who could stop at one

Last edited by Digital Hippie: 16-Aug-05 at 11:29pm

Digital Hippie +

Times thanked
< 0
DJ Brad....I remember Brad playing heaps of times out at Footscray...this dude can mix... Global were always wanting him to play sets. Actually Scotty Spinnamore (Finemore) knows Brad really well.

I have to say for Adrian van Ray... a friend saw him ages ago and he was looking for a new job...obviously has found something since...Good to hear he's chilled out as alot of us have; after all parties we went to back then were going on 12/13 years ago. I chuckle to myself though as I remember Adrian and Dave...man they were funny...Dave always had a 6 pack and Adrian carried his video case everywhere

Last edited by Digital Hippie: 17-Aug-05 at 12:12am

SethT +

Times thanked
< 0
Hyperbass....
Quote Richie off the radio whilst playing "braincloud" houdini..

Top little rave..

Good old Darren eh...
SethT +

Times thanked
< 0
well in my opinion nothing has ever come close to the day Cosmic played in melbourne that very first time... if only you could turn back time...
SethT +

Times thanked
< 0
Back in 1992 CJ Bolland was brought out by Galaxy Productions (aka Jeff Tyler). The party was called mythology and was on halloween 1992
Anja +

BMX & 303

Times thanked
< 181

Quote:

Originally Posted by SethT

Back in 1992 CJ Bolland was brought out by Galaxy Productions (aka Jeff Tyler). The party was called mythology and was on halloween 1992

Hammerin' old school party in the true sense' was farken awesome. Still got the flyers somewhere, they did the NYE that year too (Embrace)
Cosmo Cater +

Brave New World

Times thanked
< 48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmica

Vision 4 5?

One does production/mastering/engineering and more in Sydney, the other runs the Big Day Out Boiler Room.
Dec 29 - Subtrakt feat. H.O.S.H @ Bar Soma
Jan 26 - Claude Von Stroke @ Skyroom
Feb - Soul Clap, Huxley and...

soundcloud
twitter
facebook
Cosmica +

OS

Times thanked
< 5
Thanks CC,

I still love hearing their stuff.
josh909 +

Times thanked
< 0
Would have to say Kate Bathgate and Liz DID have great radio voices..Me too have loads of old tranzmission tapes. Even have one when it was "Beat In The Street" and she played Kylie !!! Did anyone go to Pure when it was at the back of the palace? We used to play around with the electronic cars in the car park..Also that techno club in Queesnberry St. Would have Wille and Richie playing. Went to most of the docks and palace raves. Sanction was also good with JohnC and Willie. When did tranzmission fold? I used to see Kate working in some cafe in Chapel st. Also how can we forget Jason Rudeboy? He was a gun DJ in the early 90s. Couldn't understand what he said when he did the KissFM late night shows...not sure he did either !!
Anja +

BMX & 303

Times thanked
< 181

Quote:

Originally Posted by josh909

Would have to say Kate Bathgate and Liz DID have great radio voices..Me too have loads of old tranzmission tapes. Even have one when it was "Beat In The Street" and she played Kylie !!! Did anyone go to Pure when it was at the back of the palace? We used to play around with the electronic cars in the car park..Also that techno club in Queesnberry St. Would have Wille and Richie playing. Went to most of the docks and palace raves. Sanction was also good with JohnC and Willie. When did tranzmission fold? I used to see Kate working in some cafe in Chapel st. Also how can we forget Jason Rudeboy? He was a gun DJ in the early 90s. Couldn't understand what he said when he did the KissFM late night shows...not sure he did either !!

Yeah, we went to Pure @ back of Palace all the time, thought the re-union Pure there about 93/94 was fuct tho.
Pure did move to Queensberry Str for a bit after Palace. Saw Joey Beltram play Dream (queensberry Str) !!
Aye, Rudeboy tunes were the bomb eh?
Spectrum +

What?! No Crossfader!

Times thanked
< 146

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmo Cater

One does production/mastering/engineering and more in Sydney, the other runs the Big Day Out Boiler Room.

I thought the one that 'does production/mastering/engineering and more in Sydney', is the same one that 'runs the Big Day Out Boiler Room'.

And that one is regularly on the ITM forum (Music Tech & Production).

Wondering who the other is... time to Google...
Spectrum +

What?! No Crossfader!

Times thanked
< 146

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anja

Yeah, we went to Pure @ back of Palace all the time

There was an attempt to put on a party in Sydney called Pure around 1994.

The flyers: clear, resealable satchees with a clear insert with printed party details, and complete with around a gram of icing sugar.

Consequently, the party was shut down before it could open.

(Though it did go ahead at a later date, at Skygarden, with a more orthodox advertising campaign).

/wishing I'd grown up in Melbourne...
Anja +

BMX & 303

Times thanked
< 181
Not the best marketing there Spectrum, similar thing happened with a night here called Plastic, using bags, seemed silly then too.

It still a bit anoying when other cities use the same name for their clubs, where's the imagination?
josh909 +

Times thanked
< 0
Anja once they had a party where you had to go to some shops in Greville and ask for an egg? They would then give you the details. Did you follow tranzmission also? I saw Joey Beltram at someplace in Collingwood. Maybe in 92.
Cosmica +

OS

Times thanked
< 5
Joey Beltram played in 1994, at Fusion, also on the lineup Top Buzz!

That collingwood venue was the shit.
Cosmica +

OS

Times thanked
< 5
It was nto shit, it was THE shit.

I think there is now apartments in that old warehouse.
josh909 +

Times thanked
< 0
Agreed...I recall the stylus keep having to be replaced. That van outside running generators...ohhh what we used to put up with !!
Anja +

BMX & 303

Times thanked
< 181

Quote:

Anja once they had a party where you had to go to some shops in Greville and ask for an egg? They would then give you the details. Did you follow tranzmission also? I saw Joey Beltram at someplace in Collingwood. Maybe in 92.

Never went asking for eggs! not in shops anyway sounds like something Rudeboy or Terry Ho would do LMFAO

Were big followers of Transmission, used to win sooo many tickets by predialling the number (4192066 i think it was! fark!) into our phone. They got sick of us after a while and made it every 4th or 8th caller after a while

That Joey Beltram gig in 92 was @ Dream, he also played support for the Shamen that visit @ Metro!
Anja +

BMX & 303

Times thanked
< 181
Also Josh, you go to the Quadrant parties done by RightOn1 ?
Cosmica +

OS

Times thanked
< 5

Drilled into my brain.
josh909 +

Times thanked
< 0
Quadrant no..remember Wizz at Mansion, think it was on a Fri.
Anja +

BMX & 303

Times thanked
< 181
Shame, Quadrants were wicked, in some smallish club on Smith Str, Collingwood. Yeah, went to Wizz more than once.
DomHogan +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Quadrant no..remember Wizz at Mansion, think it was on a Fri.

Yeah WIZZ had it's place.
The guy that startted that (Dan) now lives in Helsinki.
Anja +

BMX & 303

Times thanked
< 181
Welcome aboard MrHogan
Cosmica +

OS

Times thanked
< 5
If anyone saw deal or no deal today you would have seen Natural One gamble away 21,300 dollars at a shot for 75,000.00. He ended up taking hom 2,000.00
Anja +

BMX & 303

Times thanked
< 181
Cool, 2K is better than nothing!
Cosmica +

OS

Times thanked
< 5
It was bizarre seing him up there thats for sure, got the shock of my life.
cr2004 +

chalk and cheese

Times thanked
< 1
for real??? wha? Please tell me someone miraculously got a snippet, oh man what a trip.
house is mine
Duvdev +

Pat

Times thanked
< 0
not really that old school.
But what happen to Pound System?
Pat
djneo +

Acid Freak

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Also how can we forget Jason Rudeboy? He was a gun DJ in the early 90s. Couldn't understand what he said when he did the KissFM late night shows...not sure he did either !!

"Going out to all the cats in the prahran areAAARRRR"
Ni!
Anja +

BMX & 303

Times thanked
< 181
And Honeysmack's on-air "unbroken-log" fascination?......!!
djneo +

Acid Freak

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Honeysmack

Classic quote of his I remember from a mix I taped from the Acid Agency, bizarre shite: "It's the acid acapella, the acidpella.. the killer from manila? the thriller from manila? doesn't really matter..."
Ni!
Anja +

BMX & 303

Times thanked
< 181
Hell yeah, the verbal diahorrea from him and Rudeboy - too funny!
Did you hear H going on about unbroken logs? He did it a few nights, got in some trouble over it I think too.... !
SoGood +

Diamond..... in the rough

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Hell yeah, the verbal diahorrea from him and Rudeboy - too funny!
Did you hear H going on about unbroken logs? He did it a few nights, got in some trouble over it I think too.... !

I remember one night he was doing tranzmission one sunday night and he was going on like a pork chop then he interviewed Spiro & Swy from Earthcore for technofest and they were taking the piss outta him rotten he was getting all upset and funny with them, it was a pisser...

Dave
cr2004 +

chalk and cheese

Times thanked
< 1
Does anyone remember a dj from Melbourne called Squidjy?
house is mine
Cosmica +

OS

Times thanked
< 5
I vaguely remember squidjy
cr2004 +

chalk and cheese

Times thanked
< 1
I found an old flier called for "Electric Wilderness" in 1996 in the Adelaide Hills with Ollie Olsen HMC and Squidjy from Melb. I was living in Melb then but Ive never heard of Squidjy. I assume he/she played psy? Or possibly Drum n Bass.
house is mine
SoGood +

Times thanked
< 0
Thought he did chillout stuff.. I remember Bathgate " Chillout with Brewster, swy, sam and squidgy" - Was it Dave Nissani actually? I reckon it could have been dave nissani

Dave
cr2004 +

chalk and cheese

Times thanked
< 1
hahaha nice one dave. you remember the gig?
house is mine
SoGood +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by cr2004

hahaha nice one dave. you remember the gig?

I was probably about 15 - Back in those days I would religiously listen to Bathgate (on sundays in those days) and every other techno show that was on, and used to walk around school with black rings under my eyes from staying up all night listening to techno... Some kids had Heavy Metal, others had the Cure .... I had techno And did I hear about it Its amusing when I see them chopped at parties these days 13-14 years later I think they finally understand or maybe they don't actually come to think of of - seeing as I haven't been to a big party for about 5 years because of the crap music that is there !!!

Dave
GWADS +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Drilled into my brain.

haha.. i still remember that number too! so sad. kate was a little annoying talking over EVERY track but i understand why she did. i have a few tapes floating around but i would be VERY VERY interested in getting more on MP3.

this thread almost brought a tear to my hearing all the old name. brilliant.

btw: groovyboots is still spinning records and living around knox in melbs.
SoGood +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by GWADS

haha.. i still remember that number too! so sad. kate was a little annoying talking over EVERY track but i understand why she did.

passes gone.

Cosmica - remember that on Point Blank? people like U me robbie, rar and all the other fans would sit there in chat and when she said "passes gone." four or 5 of us listening to Tranzmission/Beat in the street at the time would all type - "passes gone."

Also when the proggy started, we'd all say "Good evening Melbourne."

That became my intro when I worked down at BBNT in toorak road... I'd walk in and the owner would get all excited and say .. "Good evening Melbourne...." or when we were flatout he'd say - "hey dave ok - you are now jason rudeboy - act " then i'd start crapping on at the top of my voice for the rest of the night...

funny shit

Oh yeah - why am I posting at this ridiculous hour? just woke up- i'm a fucking insomniac!!!

Dave
chowderdoof +

*Look into My Eyeball*

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by nettsu

whatever happened to Italo-House?
)

Theres still some awsome Italian producers and labels aboot -mabyee just a little more underground! (or mabyee no selling million of copies at least)

I was just thinking what happened to Pnau after there awsome self titled album?

I hadn't heard from them for a while then I read about the in Future Music and then heard a new track online - still crankin - funny dat innit?
:blush:
Cosmica +

OS

Times thanked
< 5
SoGood, what ever happened to RAR?
GWADS +

Times thanked
< 0
i have the Tranzmission 1 CD that Kates radio show released. not bad.. would be better with Kate voice overs
SoGood +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

SoGood, what ever happened to RAR?

No Idea - Only actually met her once or twice. She's probably married with 3 kids now Remember her brother UTD? never really got that guy One other person I had music in common with from back then on PB (or was it cafe) was RST.....

Dave
SoGood +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by GWADS

i have the Tranzmission 1 CD that Kates radio show released. not bad.. would be better with Kate voice overs

I felt that CD was pretty crap - It was out on Azwan wasn't it?

Friend of mine had a tune on it I think - Soulenoid (not that i've seen him for about 8 years or something).. Josh Abrahams is on it I know that fer sure - under his old name "The Pagan" We were shaping up to be a religious city yeah? Pagan, Spiritualist (Who I might add put out the best ever 12" on Azwan - Flight over Jerusalem.. NOTHING better)

Dave
Anja +

BMX & 303

Times thanked
< 181

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoGood

No Idea - Only actually met her once or twice. She's probably married with 3 kids now Remember her brother UTD? never really got that guy One other person I had music in common with from back then on PB (or was it cafe) was RST.....

Dave

Is this the person that answered the phones on Transmission? I though her name was Raelene or Ray?
I still remember those shows, used to record loads of em on tape, then re-record them without "the voice"! Used to ring her up now and again, begging her to shut the fuck up for a bit.
Good days tho, she really pushed UR which was great. I've got a cpl of tapes of their shows when they visited, there's a Mad Mike interview that is off the wall!

Oh, and Will-E-farken Tell, every second tune he'd be goin "wait for it", got too much we used to wind him up about that too!
SoGood +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Is this the person that answered the phones on Transmission? I though her name was Raelene or Ray?
I still remember those shows, used to record loads of em on tape, then re-record them without "the voice"! Used to ring her up now and again, begging her to shut the fuck up for a bit.
Good days tho, she really pushed UR which was great. I've got a cpl of tapes of their shows when they visited, there's a Mad Mike interview that is off the wall!

Oh, and Will-E-farken Tell, every second tune he'd be goin "wait for it", got too much we used to wind him up about that too!

Nah RAR's real name was Leona.. she was quite young..

Dave

« Previous Thread Next Thread »