Spoiler:

KKKUUUMMMAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR!
KuRuPTeD +

you gonna get raped

Times thanked
< 1,378

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davomaxi View Post

Session 9 - Pretty good little psychological thriller / horror from the late 90s I think. The plot line is a group of asbestos cleaners have a job in AN ABANDONED CLOSED DOWN MENTAL HOSPITAL from the turn of the century. Hilarity ensues ofcourse, with good plot twists and slow reveals that keep you guessing. Nice use of an ice pick type thing too. David Caruso chews up the scenery a bit, but generally well acted, written and directed. 3.5/5

Session 9 was horribad!

Caruso delivers the one good thing about the film, this lil peach of acting brilliance...

Media Player
Session 9 Fuck You - YouTube
danmau5 +

has just about had it up to here with you.

Times thanked
< 3,491
deadgirl.
what. the. fuck.
The Duke +

better resolution than the real world

Times thanked
< 469

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billroyguy View Post

Drunken Master
Hated it. But I was expecting some serious kung fu, and the american dubbing was terrible.

The first Drunken Master movie is in that old slightly tacky kung fu style. You might be more interested in Drunken Master 2 -
Media Player
The Legend of Drunken Master (7/12) Movie CLIP - The Axe Gang Battle (1994) HD - YouTube

Or check out some of the other movies from this thread 'Best Fight Scenes Ever'
http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/sho...d.php?t=298887

No sympathy for watching a dubbed version. Though sometimes dubbing can be so bad it's funny.
_______
Flickr
chegoon +

Times thanked
< 1,028
american pie reunion - a stinking pile of shit with a side of tits as expected
Onslaught +

I don't like you.

Times thanked
< 3,803
We Bought A Zoo - girlfriend's choice, but was surprisingly entertained, great family movie, though the son pissed me off heaps
Twizard +

Life is like a bowl of rice

Times thanked
< 65

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onslaught View Post

We Bought A Zoo - girlfriend's choice, but was surprisingly entertained, great family movie, though the son pissed me off heaps

The son was such a wiener. I liked it still, especially the bit with the bear
LOKI'D!!

http://vimeo.com/41618569
Onslaught +

I don't like you.

Times thanked
< 3,803
Loved the scene:

Spoiler:
When the older Zoo hand had to fix the jammed lock on the Lion enclosure "YOU don't want to eat me! I am full of Scotch and Bitterness!!
Twizard +

Times thanked
< 65
Haha yeah, he was good in it. Hadn't seen the guy with the monkey in a movie for a long time, not since Almost Famous.
LOKI'D!!

ravelikespastic +

Times thanked
< 1,280
I watched (I dont know why) The Client List.

Jennifer Love Hewwit.
Spoiler:
plays a hooker

end of.

Terrible acting, so much makeup/eye lashes, nothing believable about it.
Davomaxi +

No. Money Down!

Times thanked
< 1,061
Her cleavage looks amazeballs though on the promo material

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianwil1976 View Post

I killed all my family because they wouldn't suck my dick.

Medium Rurrrr!

See my blog http://ecentreofexcellence.blogspot.com.au/
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
< 1,276
Watched on the weekend

Hugo - enjoyable enough but felt like something was missing, didn't know what the overall storyline was about aside from Hugo living in the train station, and liked the way it went...the girl he liked was a bit of an annoying drip though.

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - love love loved it! Don't understand why it was received so averagely...perhaps if people hadn't read the book they might just not have been as attached to it, don't know, but I thought it was brilliant...had me in tears in parts. Lacked a lot of the history of the grandma and the renter like the book had, but understandable as it would have taken a lot of time. Well worth a watch, especially if you've read the book
Pete Gordon - Deep and Low

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

https://soundcloud.com/random_kiwi/deep-and-low
hammm +

Times thanked
< 509

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random_Kiwi View Post

Watched on the weekend

Hugo - enjoyable enough but felt like something was missing, didn't know what the overall storyline was about aside from Hugo living in the train station, and liked the way it went...the girl he liked was a bit of an annoying drip though.

jesus that was overrated. seemed to be waayyy to many scenes of hugo being chased through the station, really tiresome. and i don't know how we were supposed to feel sympathy towards ben kingsley's character when he was such a ****.
Underwater +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 39
Up In The Air, George Clooney movie from a little while ago... odd kinda movie in the sense that it seemed like a fairly underdeveloped idea for a feature film... kinda felt like it took elements of 'fight club' (single-serving insurance loner) and also elements of 'good will hunting' ("i gotta go see about a girl"), but didn't really fill it in with a bit more body. Georgie boy's handsome smile is a bit old hat these days; he just didn't exude enough of his usual charisma to keep me engaged in what was overall a fairly dull movie... I ended up packing it in after 70 minutes or so. Poor casting of Jason Bateman too.
David Lynch presents...
Underwater +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 39
^ ... actually what was bizarre was that not only does George look and act almost identical to Ted from Breaking Bad, but comparing the two performances, Ted blows George out of the water! Ted was a cool dude i reckon, friendly suave mofo!
David Lynch presents...
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
< 1,276

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammm View Post

jesus that was overrated. seemed to be waayyy to many scenes of hugo being chased through the station, really tiresome. and i don't know how we were supposed to feel sympathy towards ben kingsley's character when he was such a ****.

Yeah, it wasn't half as good as hyped, perhaps if you were a super uber film buff and picked up on the techniques Scorcese supposedly used which were a nod to the olden days of film making, otherwise, it was just a little lacking.

Ended up feeling a little sorry for him in the end, but not really

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

Davomaxi +

No. Money Down!

Times thanked
< 1,061
Dark Shadows

Pretty darn good I must say. Definitely the most fun I've got out of a Burton movie in a while, as Alice and Charlie Choc Factory did nothing for me.

Johnny Depp ofcourse steals the show with his hilarious 'old english' one liners, and the rest of the cast is great too, especially Eva Green and her amazing rack. The final climactic battle is awesome, just don't worry too much about plot holes.

Quote:

Medium Rurrrr!

Twizard +

Times thanked
< 65
^ Sounds like one worth seeing. Probably will invest
LOKI'D!!

Kiron +

Mess with the best, Die like the rest!

Times thanked
< 372
Just watched the live action adaption of one of the best anime's out there, Mushi-shi.

It was actually pretty fucking good. The subs were atrocious, but the movie itself stayed very true to the show/manga and was basically a retelling of some of the best episodes of the series. The main thing that is different is the movie feels far more tense and suspenseful than the anime series, which is incredibly laid back, relaxing and quite psychedelic.

Really wished the movie opened with The Sore Feet opening like the anime series does though.
Movie trailer
Media Player
Mushishi Trailer - YouTube

Full episode of Anime series (Funimation have uploaded it all to youtube)
Media Player
Mushi-Shi - 1 - The Green Seat - YouTube
Yak, yak, yak. Get a job
Kiron22 << Add me to Last.fm bitches so we can Hipster it up together
BMoney +

What's on YOUR mind?

Times thanked
< 1,088
Chronicle

I was really surprised at how food this was. The effects were outstanding and story was done well. Almost like what I could hope a live action Akira could be someday.
Onslaught +

I don't like you.

Times thanked
< 3,803
I like good food too, so looking forward to it!

Troll Hunter - WOW! I thought that was pretty amazing, was not expecting the trolls to be so huge, they looked great, nice addition to the found footage genre.

30 Minutes or Less - I'll watch anything with Danny McBride, fuck that guy is hilarious 'Oh no, I hope that they do catch them.'
And Jesse Einsberg is always great, pretty funny fkn movie
Miza101 +

Times thanked
< 131
The Dictator.......one of the worst movies i have ever seen
[REWORK]
http://soundcloud.com/miza-3
Incoming:
Burning Man @ Digital Apex Stage
Strawberry Fields
Twizard +

Times thanked
< 65
I watched Bunraku over the weekend, a bit strange but I enjoyed it. Reminded me a bit of Speed Racer mixed with Sin City
LOKI'D!!

Davomaxi +

No. Money Down!

Times thanked
< 1,061

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onslaught View Post

30 Minutes or Less - I'll watch anything with Danny McBride, fuck that guy is hilarious 'Oh no, I hope that they do catch them.'
And Jesse Einsberg is always great, pretty funny fkn movie

McBride is ok in small doses IMO. I generally can't finish most movies he's in a starring role.

Quote:

Medium Rurrrr!

I am the best +

SPLASH!

Times thanked
< 228
The Dictator - really think SBC should have stuck to the 'faux-umentary' style for this one as well, it turned out to be extremely hit and miss although when it was funny, it was LOL funny.

2.5/5

Unbreakable (re-watch) - the best MNS movie IMO, so gripping all the way through and a killer ending. One of my all time favs for sure.

9/10

Iron Sky - Actually quite funny albeit in a cheap and B-grade way.

6.5/10
JVP $$Robotocorps
what more do you want in a line-up ?
Eric Prydz parachuting naked from a plane followed by White Michael Jackson Vs Black Michael Jackson soundtracked by Nirvana feat The Beatles and Wolverine? even then I don't think that would be appreciated...

Last edited by I am the best: 22-May-12 at 09:41am

Acperience 1 +

Times thanked
< 862
I watched The Dictator with no expectations, approached it in a very relaxed, non serious manner... and I enjoyed it. Plenty more laugh out loud moments than not for me

Quote:

I don't go to be in the VIP area.. I don't need big breaks, a big song with a buildup and lights and smoke.. all you need is a kickdrum and a good bassline. You don't need any of that other shit. Na, I'm not going for none of those reasons.. I'm just going for the music.

hollysurly +

Times thanked
< 1
The Avengers
The Dictator

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

Do, or do not. There is no "try".

crabman +

I might be a **** but I'm not a fucking ****.

Times thanked
< 8,299
'sup Holly is that you in your av?

Wanna hook up some time?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiron View Post

How about you people actually learn a little thing called having a fucking conscious and not being heartless sociopath you piece of shit.

الاستماع إلى ... ال التنفس المدينة.

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.
Davomaxi +

No. Money Down!

Times thanked
< 1,061

Quote:

Originally Posted by crabman View Post

'sup Holly is that you in your av?

Wanna hook up some time?

I'm not cockblocking you, but you're a half robot/half tank, what use would you have for a human lady?

Quote:

Medium Rurrrr!

crabman +

Times thanked
< 8,299
I just need somewhere to shoot my load.

Quote:

How about you people actually learn a little thing called having a fucking conscious and not being heartless sociopath you piece of shit.

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.
Rogan Josh +

Lizards in my telly.

Times thanked
< 2,619

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random_Kiwi View Post

Watched on the weekend

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - love love loved it! Don't understand why it was received so averagely...perhaps if people hadn't read the book they might just not have been as attached to it, don't know, but I thought it was brilliant...had me in tears in parts. Lacked a lot of the history of the grandma and the renter like the book had, but understandable as it would have taken a lot of time. Well worth a watch, especially if you've read the book

That pile of steaming shite with Tom Hanks?

I've blocked your profile.
Twizard +

Times thanked
< 65
I watched Lady in Black last week. Pretty average. Had some good bits but just very loose story, they didn't conclude anything or explain why anything was really happening. Type of movie though you'd see in a cinema for the sound - lots of silence then little subtle sounds every now and then. Only worth it if you go on a cheap tuesday or something.
LOKI'D!!

I am the best +

SPLASH!

Times thanked
< 228
We need to talk about Kevin - an extremely bleak movie about a horrible event from the mothers perspective with excellent performances from all, apart from a hugely mis-cast John C Reilly who didnt really add anything to the picture apart from his name to the credits.

8/10
JVP $$Robotocorps
Eric Prydz parachuting naked from a plane followed by White Michael Jackson Vs Black Michael Jackson soundtracked by Nirvana feat The Beatles and Wolverine? even then I don't think that would be appreciated...
Onslaught +

I don't like you.

Times thanked
< 3,803
Road To Perdition - What an absolutely amazing, classic looking movie, still have no idea why young Sullivan when on to such great heights, such as 7th Heaven etc I always forget how much I love Jude Laws messed up character, and it was made so much more beautiful on blu-ray. Such a bleak and depressing movie.

Event Horizon - I still think this movie is fkn rad! Always intrigued as to what that dimension would look like.
danmau5 +

has just about had it up to here with you.

Times thanked
< 3,491

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am the best View Post

We need to talk about Kevin - an extremely bleak movie about a horrible event from the mothers perspective with excellent performances from all, apart from a hugely mis-cast John C Reilly who didnt really add anything to the picture apart from his name to the credits.

8/10

all you talked about was how rubbish it, and then you gave it an eight out of ten?
Twizard +

Times thanked
< 65
Kaboom - i don't even know what this was......a bi curious 18-19 year old has weird dreams..turns out his a dormant psychic and every one is in a cult about to blow up the world and he is the chosen one, meant to rule the new world. Was pretty much terrible acting and naked people. -100/10

Heartless - Really enjoyed this one, had me thinking about it for ages afterwards. UK Thriller/horror definitely worth a watch IMO
8/10
LOKI'D!!

Davomaxi +

No. Money Down!

Times thanked
< 1,061
Let Me in - Not bad but stick the original 'Let the right one in'.

Quote:

Medium Rurrrr!

crabman +

Times thanked
< 8,299

Quote:

Let Me in - Not bad but stick the original 'Let the right one in'.

Stick to the original.

Media Player
Green Jello "Little Pig, Little Pig" - YouTube

Quote:

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
< 1,276
Young Adult - nice to see Charlize as a fuck-up booze hag failing at life and returning to her home town to try and re-connect with an ex-lover, nice support from Patton Oswalt from United States of Tara, but as a whole, a bit of a non-event flick really...OK if you're bored and can't think of anything else to watch

6.5/10

rancho +

Oooooooh such a good time

Times thanked
< 7,082
yesterday i watched man on a ledge. it was fucking awful. except for the chick with epic tits. but other than that, it was the most cringeworthy film i've seen in a long time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

well, according to dictionary.com
chilli is hot pepper food etc.
chilly is cold temperature.

smorchika +

Times thanked
< 510
Watched Midnight in Paris the other night, it was rather sweet, though, i would die of shock i think if owen wilson played someone other than his usual self.

Also saw The Artist, really interesting movie, I dont want to give it away, but worth a watch if you have time, i came to realise just how much we rely on dialogue to convey a point/ideas/perception etc.
I am the best +

SPLASH!

Times thanked
< 228

Quote:

Originally Posted by danmau5 View Post

all you talked about was how rubbish it, and then you gave it an eight out of ten?

'Extremely bleak movie" = awesome, i love bleak movies

"Excellent performances from all" = awesome, obviously

8/10

better?

JVP $$Robotocorps
Twizard +

Times thanked
< 65
Watched Star Wars 4/5/6 - Still so many awesome. Except for all the digitally remastered stuff, just so unnecessary! Anakin appearing at the end next to Yoda and Ben. WTF is that!

Choke - I had seen this before but it's pretty funny so was worth the re-watch. Love Sam Rockwell. Realized the director and writer (screenplay) was agent coulson from Avengers.
LOKI'D!!

SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
< 6,435
The Avengers - Yeah it was a big slick superhero movie, but fuck me if it wasn't a good big slick superhero movie. Combined the stregths of the three established franchises that were already there brilliantly, loved the way they played the characters against each other.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdoodle View Post

not liking yoda is like knocking back a root when presented nude in a YD change room

Quote:

Originally Posted by mischa21 View Post

^mmmm all this talk of meat is getting me excited.

Davomaxi +

No. Money Down!

Times thanked
< 1,061
Sorry mate can't see movies at work. There was another 'Let the right one in' before the swedish?

Quote:

Medium Rurrrr!

crabman +

Times thanked
< 8,299

Quote:

Sorry mate can't see movies at work. There was another 'Let the right one in' before the swedish?

Green Jelly.

Quote:

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.
SirDrBenny +

Times thanked
< 115

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twizard View Post

Choke - I had seen this before but it's pretty funny so was worth the re-watch. Love Sam Rockwell. Realized the director and writer (screenplay) was agent coulson from Avengers.

Read the book too - Chuck Palahniuk. Wrote Fight Club, and a bunch of other twisted books. highly recommend
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
< 6,435
Realised when i watched the Avengers that I hadn't seen Iron Man II so I watched that last night. OK but nowhere near as god as the Avengers. Marvel are really on a roll with their films at the moment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdoodle View Post

not liking yoda is like knocking back a root when presented nude in a YD change room

Quote:

Originally Posted by mischa21 View Post

^mmmm all this talk of meat is getting me excited.

Underwater +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 39
The Dictator, few chuckles but otherwise a waste of money, one trick pony, got suckered in by the hype for it... was ready to walk out after 30 min or so, unfortunately was with friend who wanted to see it out.

caught both the new sherlock holmes movies on flight to europe, real impressive, was very pleasantly surprised, great to see guy richie back on form, i had written him off for sure...
David Lynch presents...
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
< 1,276

Quote:

No, he's meaning stick to that one, not the American one "Let Me In"

Video was just Green Jelly's 90's hit with the big bad wolf trying get the piggies to let him in...irrelevant

Closed thread

« Previous Thread Next Thread »