Old Skool

/\-The Oldskool TRACK ID Thread -/\

Reply
  Tools
Korsion +

Optioned

Korsion's Avatar
Joined
Dec '05
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
342
Lil Louis
Anja +

BMX & 303

Anja's Avatar
Joined
Jul '03
Times thanked
< 170
Posts
6,864
Oh Nat, that was an easy one, lol

Last edited by Anja: 14-Sep-07 at 09:50am

TSAR BOMBA MIX +

OLD S KOOL BROTHER!!

TSAR BOMBA MIX's Avatar
Joined
May '06
Times thanked
< 3
Posts
890

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anja

Oh Nat, that was an easl one, lol

far too easy
Anja +

BMX & 303

Anja's Avatar
Joined
Jul '03
Times thanked
< 170
Posts
6,864
Morning Seth
soundmind +

Clearly dirty

soundmind's Avatar
Joined
Aug '06
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
570
^^^CHEEKY bastards! LOL...

French Kiss!

THANKS Seth for IDing that one! :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruso

House is like the big bang, expanding from the center and heading in a million directions at once. The essence of house though, the center of the bang, hasn't really gone anywhere.

Anja +

BMX & 303

Anja's Avatar
Joined
Jul '03
Times thanked
< 170
Posts
6,864
Lmfao
TSAR BOMBA MIX +

OLD S KOOL BROTHER!!

TSAR BOMBA MIX's Avatar
Joined
May '06
Times thanked
< 3
Posts
890

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anja

Morning Seth

Personal messages are to be used only through the personal message system.....

james slap him marts for me!!!

Morning mate....
willdill +

Registered User

Joined
Sep '07
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
4
[quote=pauld_mcmahon]OK guys here are 3 more! the second and the 3rd are on the tip of my tongue - I am *sure* that I have them somewhere in my collection...

Any help == much appreciated...

Cheers!

P
think the 1st one is spacemaster - spacemaster
lampwick1 +

Conquistador

Joined
May '06
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
246

Quote:

Originally Posted by lampwick1

this is funky house 92/93 on a Sugar Ray mix I posted on the rave tapes thing.
From what I remember it was Eclipse radio but not the Eclipse tape. Mixed in with Ben Dover 'Get Down Tonight'

Samples everything - I wanna funk (Kylie), guitar riff from Tone Loc 'On Fire' ...

http://www.tuneid.com/attachment.php...2&d=1164435030

L


ID'd via a DJ garth mix tape. It's this weird Italian tune - Funkit by the Monsters

http://www.discogs.com/release/142718
Vinylpusher +

Registered User

Joined
Jul '02
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
64
Hi

wanting to know the name of a track, old rave track, played by peewee alot and on the colossus vid

Male vocal "no way out"
Female vocal " Its on the move"?? i think ..or atleast pretty close

i know its not much but surely someone knows the track im on about?

thanks in advance
=0)
Anja +

BMX & 303

Anja's Avatar
Joined
Jul '03
Times thanked
< 170
Posts
6,864
This'll be an easy one for some here.
Smooth piano tune, has a really nice female vocal "I'm in love with you, want you to love me too", "true love is hard to find"
I know it from wayy back but can't remember what it's called
robtech +

Registered User

Joined
Oct '07
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
4

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anja

Smooth piano tune, has a really nice female vocal "I'm in love with you, want you to love me too", "true love is hard to find"

I pretty sure I have that track on cd somewhere, I'll check. I also have that on an old 'Beat In The Street' tape aswell but I dont remember hearing it at any parties...
Anja +

BMX & 303

Anja's Avatar
Joined
Jul '03
Times thanked
< 170
Posts
6,864
Aye, it was more a clubby tune back then, still top shelf though
soundmind +

Clearly dirty

soundmind's Avatar
Joined
Aug '06
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
570

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anja

This'll be an easy one for some here.
Smooth piano tune, has a really nice female vocal "I'm in love with you, want you to love me too", "true love is hard to find"
I know it from wayy back but can't remember what it's called

That would be N-Joi - Anthem. Lovely tune.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5apVGoDF7XI

Oh Marty that was an easy one

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruso

House is like the big bang, expanding from the center and heading in a million directions at once. The essence of house though, the center of the bang, hasn't really gone anywhere.

ZyklonB +

Recreation abUSER

ZyklonB's Avatar
Joined
May '06
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
615
^^Good tune. I prefer adrenaline though.
The music was new black polished chrome and came over the summer like liquid night.........
Anja +

BMX & 303

Anja's Avatar
Joined
Jul '03
Times thanked
< 170
Posts
6,864
We apear to be even Nat...... hehe
soundmind +

Clearly dirty

soundmind's Avatar
Joined
Aug '06
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
570
I reckon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruso

House is like the big bang, expanding from the center and heading in a million directions at once. The essence of house though, the center of the bang, hasn't really gone anywhere.

pauld_mcmahon +

Registered User

Joined
Nov '05
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
117
[quote=willdill]

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauld_mcmahon

OK guys here are 3 more! the second and the 3rd are on the tip of my tongue - I am *sure* that I have them somewhere in my collection...

Any help == much appreciated...

Cheers!

P
think the 1st one is spacemaster - spacemaster

Cheers mate

Pretty much have everything ID'd now... Well except this one:

Awesome Track

Which I am beginning to think no-one will ever ID

Paulie
SuperHonky +

Registered User

SuperHonky's Avatar
Joined
Jan '02
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
52
Anyone know any of these?

Track 1

Track 2

Track 3

Track 4

Cheers!
Abfahrt
Korsion +

Optioned

Korsion's Avatar
Joined
Dec '05
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
342
[quote=pauld_mcmahon]

Quote:

Originally Posted by willdill


Cheers mate

Pretty much have everything ID'd now... Well except this one:

Awesome Track

Which I am beginning to think no-one will ever ID

Paulie

no idea but i like !
Fanj +

Registered User

Fanj's Avatar
Joined
Feb '06
Times thanked
< 11
Posts
365
Hey all,

here's afew 91/2 rave tunes which have been driving me nut for many years.

Taken off afew tapes from old adelaide sets..

Cheers in advance

http://www.tuneid.com/attachments/ol...le-lets-go.mp3

http://www.tuneid.com/attachments/ol...ke-me-away.mp3

http://www.tuneid.com/attachments/ol...s-ooh-baby.mp3

http://www.tuneid.com/attachments/ol...nges-piano.mp3
E L E C T R O N I C S O U L
Anj @ souncloud - http://soundcloud.com/anj
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/electronicsoul
Fanj +

Registered User

Fanj's Avatar
Joined
Feb '06
Times thanked
< 11
Posts
365
[quote=SuperHonky]Anyone know any of these?

Track 1

That would be - Horny - Cajmere

E L E C T R O N I C S O U L
Anj @ souncloud - http://soundcloud.com/anj
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/electronicsoul
Anja +

BMX & 303

Anja's Avatar
Joined
Jul '03
Times thanked
< 170
Posts
6,864

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperHonky

Anyone know any of these?

Track 1

Track 2

Track 3

Track 4

Cheers!

Great tracks there mate, can't help though
Fanj +

Registered User

Fanj's Avatar
Joined
Feb '06
Times thanked
< 11
Posts
365
What, no ideas anyone??


Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanj

Hey all,

here's afew 91/2 rave tunes which have been driving me nut for many years.

Taken off afew tapes from old adelaide sets..

Cheers in advance

http://www.tuneid.com/attachments/ol...le-lets-go.mp3

http://www.tuneid.com/attachments/ol...ke-me-away.mp3

http://www.tuneid.com/attachments/ol...s-ooh-baby.mp3

http://www.tuneid.com/attachments/ol...nges-piano.mp3

E L E C T R O N I C S O U L
Anj @ souncloud - http://soundcloud.com/anj
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/electronicsoul
SuperHonky +

Registered User

SuperHonky's Avatar
Joined
Jan '02
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
52
Does anyone remember the acid track called "Superclouds" or something similar? I thought it was by Ege Bam Yasi or Hakan but I can't find any record of it. I remember DJ Scorch (David Reece) played it on his radio show, Plenty Valley FM here in Melbs, back in about '94/'95
Abfahrt
Korsion +

Optioned

Korsion's Avatar
Joined
Dec '05
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
342

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperHonky

Does anyone remember the acid track called "Superclouds" or something similar? I thought it was by Ege Bam Yasi or Hakan but I can't find any record of it. I remember DJ Scorch (David Reece) played it on his radio show, Plenty Valley FM here in Melbs, back in about '94/'95

Yeah i remember that track it is " Superclouds" by Ege Bam Yasi , it was released on a compilation called " Future Music Magazine " around 94 from memory. top tune !!!
djbizkitboy +

Registered User

Joined
Mar '08
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
5
I got 5 tracks ive been trying to find titles for awhile they are fairly well known tracks,prob easy and laughable for u long term dance heads!They were just some older hardhouse harddance tunes played at boom dayclub i got on a demo cd in brisbane a fair few years back!apologys cause i dont have samples but know a majority of the main lyrics!Hopefully lyrics & my descriptions will kinda help its the best i got at this point Most the lyrics are sung by chicks!Thanx heaps to anyone that can help with any of the following tracks.

#1 Im gonna teach u how to rock,Boom Bam Im gonna teach u how to rock, the roof the roof the roof is on fire if ya wanna party then get your ass higher!
#2 Come to me and il light ur darkness,baby cant u see that i can make u shine
#3 Mary Shouldnt let em make ya mad Ya all the best u can!.(this is a scissor sisters track but remixed just not sure what producer tho if any1 has any ideas)
#4 I wanna fly away with you together forever,Iwanna fly away with u no matter whateva
#5 Jump Jump Alil higher Let it roll like a mack truck tyre Attack the dancefloor like a bulldozer those who came to stand move over

Last edited by djbizkitboy: 07-Mar-08 at 12:56pm

SuperHonky +

Registered User

SuperHonky's Avatar
Joined
Jan '02
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
52
Looking for the name of an old luke slater/planetary assault systems track hammered by Will-e-Tell circa 2000 (I think) .. it's the one with the hi & low cowbell thru it. Pretty distinctive so hopefully someone knows it! Cheers!
Abfahrt
VelocideX +

Registered User

VelocideX's Avatar
Joined
Apr '02
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
413
Can someone ID this please?

http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/~jking/danny_d_track_id.mp3
Rockin it Harder!
buffed +

Registered User

buffed's Avatar
Joined
Mar '03
Times thanked
< 172
Posts
15,144

Quote:

Originally Posted by VelocideX

Can someone ID this please?

http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/~jking/danny_d_track_id.mp3

not sure, but the sample 'it's beyond my control' comes from the track by mylene farmer - beyond my control.

fire & ice also sampled it in their trance track 'beyond my control', but it's not the track you posted.
dj simple +

Registered User

Joined
Sep '06
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
113

Quote:

Originally Posted by VelocideX

Can someone ID this please?

http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/~jking/danny_d_track_id.mp3

Great tune here you go....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob0S7g-LDSw
VelocideX +

Registered User

VelocideX's Avatar
Joined
Apr '02
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
413
Awesome dude. Thanks for that
Rockin it Harder!
dj simple +

Registered User

Joined
Sep '06
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
113
GOT A TUNE YOU HAVE BEEN HUNTING FOR GOD NO'S HOW LONG?
TRY OUR NEW DANCE TUNE ID GROUP ON FACEBOOK

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14355239406
Mr S +

Registered User

Mr S's Avatar
Joined
Jan '02
Times thanked
< 77
Posts
1,107
anyone know the name of this tune?

It was from around 91/92

http://media.putfile.com/Tune-ID-from-199192
Fanj +

Registered User

Fanj's Avatar
Joined
Feb '06
Times thanked
< 11
Posts
365
hey J...have put that one up before and still no luck...good ole fairburn tunes!!
E L E C T R O N I C S O U L
Anj @ souncloud - http://soundcloud.com/anj
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/electronicsoul
DJAndy33 +

Registered User

Joined
Sep '06
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
64
Early 90's ID From Ken Jensen Mixup
Hi everyone

Does anyone know what track this is. It has such great energy!

It was from a JJJ Mixup that Brisbane's Ken Jensen did back in the day.
Unfortunately I don't have the mix, but my brother kept this track on tape.

http://www.tuneid.com/old-skool-clas...sen-mixup.html

If anyone has the actual mix, I'd love to hear it again.

Thanks

Andy
Heist9000 +

Life of Riley

Heist9000's Avatar
Joined
May '02
Times thanked
< 1,849
Posts
8,608
Got the old Peewee ID online again::: http://www.mediafire.com/?dd1cjiyzx29

Any help?
dj simple +

Registered User

Joined
Sep '06
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
113

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heist9000

Got the old Peewee ID online again::: http://www.mediafire.com/?dd1cjiyzx29

Any help?

Great tune! i will haft to dig it out and get back to you.
Heist9000 +

Life of Riley

Heist9000's Avatar
Joined
May '02
Times thanked
< 1,849
Posts
8,608

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj simple

Great tune! i will haft to dig it out and get back to you.

Please do!
Cosmo Cater +

Brave New World

Cosmo Cater's Avatar
Joined
Aug '01
Times thanked
< 48
Posts
3,726

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj simple

Great tune! i will haft to dig it out and get back to you.

x2! The identity of that track remains a mystery, it needs solving!

Plus Heist will probably father your children if you get it right.
Dec 29 - Subtrakt feat. H.O.S.H @ Bar Soma
Jan 26 - Claude Von Stroke @ Skyroom
Feb - Soul Clap, Huxley and...

soundcloud
twitter
facebook
dj simple +

Registered User

Joined
Sep '06
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
113

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmo Cater

x2! The identity of that track remains a mystery, it needs solving!

Plus Heist will probably father your children if you get it right.

I'm still looking for it, as i thought i had it on 12inch? If not i will get a friend to id it for her!!!! Just hang in there.

Ps If your on facebook i have started up a id group called (DANCE TUNE ID) Post it up in there for even a better chance as i have peewee as an officer of the group
Heist9000 +

Life of Riley

Heist9000's Avatar
Joined
May '02
Times thanked
< 1,849
Posts
8,608

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj simple

I'm still looking for it, as i thought i had it on 12inch? If not i will get a friend to id it for her!!!! Just hang in there.

Ps If your on facebook i have started up a id group called (DANCE TUNE ID) Post it up in there for even a better chance as i have peewee as an officer of the group


Done and done... Please pass it on to him if you talk to him on there
lampwick1 +

Conquistador

Joined
May '06
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
246
finally id'd this tune as Hyena - Starlight http://www.discogs.com/release/1039491

Shoulda been a simple search but wasn't up on discogs til this year.

but with 2 out 3 same guys as Love 4 Sale - Do You Feel So Right. Shoulda guessed eh Spectrum!

Mp3 available on juno for few bucks too which is a welcome surprise.

L


Quote:

Originally Posted by lampwick1

OK so what's the tune before Afrika Bambattaa on that tape? Bugging me. Big prog number with 'starlights, starbrights, could you be the dream I had last night, I wish you would, I wish you might, be the love in my life tonight" vocal (which could be another tune).

Isn't quite as cheesy as it sounds!

Try: http://www.tuneid.com/attachments/ol...-prog-want.mp3

for a snippet.

Cosmo Cater +

Brave New World

Cosmo Cater's Avatar
Joined
Aug '01
Times thanked
< 48
Posts
3,726

Quote:

Originally Posted by lampwick1

finally id'd this tune as Hyena - Starlight http://www.discogs.com/release/1039491

Shoulda been a simple search but wasn't up on discogs til this year.

Well done that man! I have an Angus mix which has this track, followed by Tocayo 'Shake Your Body', an absolute belter - http://www.discogs.com/release/704090
Dec 29 - Subtrakt feat. H.O.S.H @ Bar Soma
Jan 26 - Claude Von Stroke @ Skyroom
Feb - Soul Clap, Huxley and...

soundcloud
twitter
facebook
lampwick1 +

Conquistador

Joined
May '06
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
246
Cool, found a Tocayo here: http://www.mediafire.com/?ekzywdj0rz2

L
Spectrum +

What?! No Crossfader!

Spectrum's Avatar
Joined
May '01
Times thanked
< 146
Posts
9,176

Quote:

Originally Posted by lampwick1

but with 2 out 3 same guys as Love 4 Sale - Do You Feel So Right. Shoulda guessed eh Spectrum!

L


Nah, would never have guessed that!


And investigating the incestuous 90s Italo dance scene further...

http://www.discogs.com/artist/R.A.F.

...the same dude shows up in makers of "We've Got To Live Together"!
dj simple +

Registered User

Joined
Sep '06
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
113

Quote:

Originally Posted by lampwick1

finally id'd this tune as Hyena - Starlight http://www.discogs.com/release/1039491

Shoulda been a simple search but wasn't up on discogs til this year.

but with 2 out 3 same guys as Love 4 Sale - Do You Feel So Right. Shoulda guessed eh Spectrum!

Mp3 available on juno for few bucks too which is a welcome surprise.

L

Well done indeed, you have made a lot of people happy on this huge find.
Here's the youtube link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8t2HC8nitk
Griff0 +

Registered User

Joined
Jun '06
Times thanked
< 0
Posts
3
Nik Fish mix tape from Live @ Fantazia back in 93/94
Hi all

Just stepping back in time to when I used to listen to an old Nik Fish mix tape from Live @ Fantazia back in 93/94...there's a great track on the mix with lyrics that say 'energize' and 'exterminate'...can anyone ID it?

http://members.westnet.com.au/paulgr/trackid.mp3
Spectrum +

What?! No Crossfader!

Spectrum's Avatar
Joined
May '01
Times thanked
< 146
Posts
9,176
^^ Yep, classic little ditty, that one! No idea on the ID though.
Spectrum +

What?! No Crossfader!

Spectrum's Avatar
Joined
May '01
Times thanked
< 146
Posts
9,176
OK, this one's gonna take a bit of effort to hear, but please give it a shot...

A track from circa mid-90s, sweet female vocals, slower groovin' pace, had some foreign chant-like lyrics, with an English sung chorus that started with, "I had a vision..." Very cruisey track for those blissed-out moments.

Had it on a CD, might have been the B-side to a better known track, thinking it may even have been an Aussie artist/group, just for the life of me I can't recall any more details.

Anyway, it featured completely out of the blue in a Getaway episode a couple of months back.

http://getaway.ninemsn.com.au/videos/

Search videos: "Lefkada, Greece"
Select it, then drag the player to 5mins, 30secs onwards.

Anyone heard it before? Know it even?
Reply

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Posting Rules

+
    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts