Times thanked
<
Danny Howells
Danny Howells @ Play FM 04-03-2006

http://www.megaupload.com/nl/?d=8JYUXO7W

.. and also:

Danny Howells @ BNN Los 3FM-CABLE-05-03-2006

http://www.megaupload.com/nl/?d=O1DEQHOI

Downloading them myself now, haven't listened to either yet.
l i s a says:
sometimes its absolutely impossible to conduct a conversation with you

Christos says:
get over it bro
Christos says:
your worse then me after the euro

Grey. says:
crusty vag
syncronize +

Times thanked
<
let me know which one is better. I have way too much music to listen to and not enough time.

Felipe
Music is spirit trapped in sound
MissAnge +

She has the blood of reptile just underneath her skin..

Times thanked
<

I know that as soon as my adsl kicks in (going by all the links on the front page), im going to cap it within 1/2hr

But one of these are def. in my top 5 to grab.
...what does that even mean?!
BeranJ +

BillyBigBollocks

Times thanked
<
PlayFm is good. sound quality aint great though. at least the one i have is.

got a feeling the other is the same as jjj/kiss etc mix.
Juggalo Muli +

Sven ****ing Vath

Times thanked
<
i really like the first mix, haven't listened to the 2nd one yet.

Thanks vito, i want your penis
meet me in the cl0ud

http://www.mixcloud.com/m00f/
Astrofox +

Times thanked
<
has anyone got tracklists for these? The song half hour in on the play fm set i need bad!
"I think some of the people on those message boards just don't even have a basic understanding of what music is about. It just becomes like collecting stamps." - James Holden.
M_adz +

breadcat

Times thanked
<
i cannot work out this megaupload thing
(◕.◕u)
Lady Liquid +

is inthemix

Times thanked
<
wait 45 seconds, move or close the the pop up (in the top right corner) & right click save target as
M_adz +

breadcat

Times thanked
<
:blush:

thanks!!!
(◕.◕u)
akashanelson +

GrooveExponents

Times thanked
<
I have to add this one it's pure Danny brilliance

Danny Howells-Live @ UMF 03-25-06
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z60LR99R
Mixes and other stuff "click here"

PureHouseMusic.net
... it's all about house music.

Arclite +

Times thanked
<
New EM from Danny Howells
Danny Howells - Essential Mix Live on Radio 1 - 18-Feb-2007

01 Phil Lynott - Yellow Pearl (Top Of The Pops Extract) [BBC]
02 Pulp - This Is Hardcore (End Of The Line Remix) [Universal]
03 Tom Middleton pr. Amba - Shinkansen (The Odyssey) [White Label]
04 Drug Addiction - Let's Talk (Extract) [White Label]
05 F12 - No 7 (Ibadan)
06 Quentin Harris - House (Danny Howells Edit)
07 Lagos Nagoya Player's Association - Kaminari [Ibadan]
08 Plastikman - Psyk [Minus]
09 Little Big Bee - Scuba (Tom Middleton Edit) [Flower JP]
10 Nick Chacona - Leo [Mood Music]
11 Bent - Waiting For You (Danny Howells Remix) [Godlike & Electric]
12 Chris Morris - Blue Jam (Extract) [Warp]
13 Figurines - Silver Ponds (Ben Watt Dub) [White Label]
14 Numaro - Losing Control [Bar Grooves]
15 James Brown - Boston Garden 68 (Godfatherpella) (Booty DVD - Essential!)
16 Marc Romboy vs. Blake Baxter - The Club [Systematic]
17 Madonna - Hung Up (Loopzilla) [Warner]
18 Sebastien Leger - Cosmogold [Circle]
19 Jon Silva - Love In Me [Conya]
20 Theo Parrish - Falling Up (Technasia Remix) [Third Ear]
21 Octave One - Love And Hate (Danny Howells Edit) [Tresor]
22 Claude VonStroke - Who's Afraid Of Detroit (Kevin Saunderson Mix) [Dirtybird]
23 Drug Addiction - Let's Talk (Slight Reprise) [White Label]
24 Agoria - Europa (Danny Howells Edit) [PIAS]
25 Thom Yorke - Harrowdown Hill (Danny Howells Edit) [XL]
26 James Brown **RIP** - Get On The Good Foot [Polydor]

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RIVL16C0
skewiffed_beats +

Cow .............. Bell

Times thanked
<
I foudn the first hour of this exceptionally bland and purile compared to many of the live sets that are floating around on these boards at the moment.

The second half was much better, but certainly not one of my favourite Danny mixes.

Programming and the overall structure certainly has that certain Danny magic, awesome loops and layers, its just that the track selection 1 - 15 lost me completely.
I've been smokin all weekend........ And you know the worst bit?No F*#kers stopped to put me out.

SoundCloud - Twitter - WordPress
akashanelson +

GrooveExponents

Times thanked
<
^^ouch!! Please don't say that I've been hanging out for a new set from Danny. Oh well dling it anyway!
Mixes and other stuff "click here"

PureHouseMusic.net
... it's all about house music.

skewiffed_beats +

Cow .............. Bell

Times thanked
<
Thats just it. So have I, but really be your own judge on this one.

Dannys range of his musical palate is far far more extensive than mine, which is why he fails to suprise me.

Considering the majority of comments on the EM message board are more than complimentary to the mix i think that my take on the mix is in the minority.

But hey I was certainly bopping away in my office during the second half of set.

PS maybe just maybe it was because I was trying to write seek adverts for engineers during the first half that I branded not just this hour of music but that entire hour of the day as purile and band,

Hmmm go figure ,.,.......
I've been smokin all weekend........ And you know the worst bit?No F*#kers stopped to put me out.

Vote Quimby +

Mr Canada

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,208 Posts
I thought this was a great EM. Very eclectic. Definitely picks up in the second half, but I have no issues with the first. Solid mix.
sck007 +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vote Quimby

I thought this was a great EM. Very eclectic. Definitely picks up in the second half, but I have no issues with the first. Solid mix.

Can't quite make my mind up. Eclectic is definitely the right description - very typical DH curveball !. Reminds of when he played Kink last year and he played minimal techno for the majority of his set.......
First Strike +

Times thanked
<
I liked his latest EM, typical Howells nice mix varied styles........
vintage yahtzee +

Interested in Things

Times thanked
<
I finally got around to listening to this.

Further evidence of the Howells decline, imo, which began when he put out his 24:7 compilation which was great for about 2 weeks and then became tedious, and intensified at his abysmal We Love Sounds Set (cue techno lovers deriding such a response as 'just not getting it').

His half of the Renaissance: Revelations CD was amazing, as was his set at the Greenwood many moons ago. I think he lost touch some time after that and as much as people keep telling me how good his afterparty set at We Love and recent Kink gig was, I'm not buying it.

Desyn Masiello is the new Danny Howells - I've yet to be bored by one of his sets and certainly not to the degree of this dull and indulgent EM.

I'll see to it you don't get apricot one.
Hoju +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by skewiffed_beats

I found the first hour of this exceptionally bland and purile compared to many of the live sets that are floating around on these boards at the moment.

Couldn't agree more. Pete Tong was trying way too hard to pump it up as well and that made it a little sadder.
The Judge Won't Budge
unzero42 +

The best poker

Times thanked
<
I thought this was a magnificent set.
BeranJ +

BillyBigBollocks

Times thanked
<
lush mix. been loving House and Haunted for a while now. two big thumbs up.
Mercury-Drinker +

but still...

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintage yahtzee

I finally got around to listening to this.

Further evidence of the Howells decline, imo, which began when he put out his 24:7 compilation which was great for about 2 weeks and then became tedious, and intensified at his abysmal We Love Sounds Set (cue techno lovers deriding such a response as 'just not getting it').

His half of the Renaissance: Revelations CD was amazing, as was his set at the Greenwood many moons ago. I think he lost touch some time after that and as much as people keep telling me how good his afterparty set at We Love and recent Kink gig was, I'm not buying it.

Desyn Masiello is the new Danny Howells - I've yet to be bored by one of his sets and certainly not to the degree of this dull and indulgent EM.

What were you thoughts on his global underground cd? For me that opened my eyes to the whole new sound that was coming out of Europe It wasn't your typical 'prog' but it wasn't really electro either. I'd have to agree with the others though his after party set won't ever be forgotten. Dropping 'Always (Ashley Beedle Rmx)' at 7am was pure bliss. What he served up at Kink was one killer of a set 2.

That being said i didn't really get into his set at we love sounds as much as i thought I would have.. neither did the crowd. Though I think that was because musically Sydney is far more than behind Europe and what Howells was playing at the time rather than it being abysmal. Further proof was one year later he pulled out the techno once again and i was lapping it up but since We Love my musical taste had changed somewhat.
vintage yahtzee +

Interested in Things

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercury-Drinker

That being said i didn't really get into his set at we love sounds as much as i thought I would have.. neither did the crowd. Though I think that was because musically Sydney is far more than behind Europe and what Howells was playing at the time rather than it being abysmal. Further proof was one year later he pulled out the techno once again and i was lapping it up but since We Love my musical taste had changed somewhat.

Appreciate your point but I hate that sort of thinking - that the DJ is smarter than us and we backward antipodes should bow down graciously and attempt to fathom whatever they deem to bestow upon us whether or not we like it.

I've said this before but my major gripe with his We Love Set wasn't that it was too forward thinking. It was that he was the guest of honour at a birthday celebration for one of Sydney's most successful house music parties and he chose to play techno. As you mention, my memory of the crowd's reaction was a mass exodus. To be so arrogant as to not recognise this and change up the style to something a little friendlier was too much for me. And then, to make matters worse, he apparently played a 'dirty' house set at the after party when it didn't matter.

Why do I care so much? Because Danny Howells used to be my favourite DJ. His attitude toward the crowd was crap at We Love Sounds and it still pisses me off now.

I didn't like his GU, I seem to recall it being fairly forgettable but I'm not going to hold that against him as all GU's have had that effect on me over the past few years.

On the other hand I love his new tune (Bent - Waiting For You (Danny Howells Remix) ). To me that's what he was/is the master of: infectious yet intelligent grooves heaped upon delicious rolling basslines.

Gee Frizz +

Cos Im not noticeably fat

Times thanked
<
I absolutley love this mix.
Mercury-Drinker +

but still...

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintage yahtzee

Appreciate your point but I hate that sort of thinking - that the DJ is smarter than us and we backward antipodes should bow down graciously and attempt to fathom whatever they deem to bestow upon us whether or not we like it.

I've said this before but my major gripe with his We Love Set wasn't that it was too forward thinking. It was that he was the guest of honour at a birthday celebration for one of Sydney's most successful house music parties and he chose to play techno. As you mention, my memory of the crowd's reaction was a mass exodus. To be so arrogant as to not recognise this and change up the style to something a little friendlier was too much for me. And then, to make matters worse, he apparently played a 'dirty' house set at the after party when it didn't matter.

Why do I care so much? Because Danny Howells used to be my favourite DJ. His attitude toward the crowd was crap at We Love Sounds and it still pisses me off now.

I didn't like his GU, I seem to recall it being fairly forgettable but I'm not going to hold that against him as all GU's have had that effect on me over the past few years.

On the other hand I love his new tune (Bent - Waiting For You (Danny Howells Remix) ). To me that's what he was/is the master of: infectious yet intelligent grooves heaped upon delicious rolling basslines.

I remember speaking to him after and he was saying he found really hard to read the crowd and get a good judge of what was going on 'on the floor'. Prob would have been a better option to maybe change the style but what can ya do...
vintage yahtzee +

Interested in Things

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercury-Drinker

I remember speaking to him after and he was saying he found really hard to read the crowd and get a good judge of what was going on 'on the floor'. Prob would have been a better option to maybe change the style but what can ya do...

The set-up did have him pretty far from the crowd. I remember looking up and thinking that he didn't look like his usual self behind the decks - I remember his set at Greenwood when he was downing shots with the punters on the dancefloor in between mixes!

I think Nick Warren suffered from the same problem at Parklife in 2005 - he was heaps far from the crowd and from what I could hear (on the unforgiveably quiet sound system) didn't play the greatest set either.

SamJam +

Sik Khunt

Times thanked
<
i think that was a poor tour all round for Danny...he was pretty shithouse in Brisbane...in fact...Fergie took over the decks for two hours of his set
BeranJ +

BillyBigBollocks

Times thanked
<
he rated that Sounds gig as one of his worst of that year. but you get that. live n learn etc. love the Howells jack-hammer techno
Scroll +

Get Loose

Times thanked
<
For the record, I was so disappointed with Howells set at We Love and thus he went down a few runs in the ladder after that.

However, this EM is fantastic. To me it displays his diversity in what is a very well constructed set started with the more eclectic housey beats and ramping up in the second half. Some of the tracks in there are just lush.

If I could best describe this set it would be something two of my favourite dj's/producers would come up with. The first half reeks of Ben Watt whilst the second half has shades of what you'd hear from a Desyn Masiello set.

Definitely one of the best mixes I've heard this year.
Scroll +

Get Loose

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoju

Couldn't agree more. Pete Tong was trying way too hard to pump it up as well and that made it a little sadder.

The first half of the set didn't require it to be 'pumped up'. It was what it was and not some peak time front room craziness. Pete Tong is an idiot. Some of his commentary during the EM is ok whilst at other times it absolutely ruins the entire set.
richcur +

Peanuts

Times thanked
<
sorry.. but hey, it's just
Rich Curtis' website & Facebook

Latitude End EP (incl Andre Sobota, Noraj Cue & Verve Rmxs) - Mar 24
Golden Wings Music "Unique" EP (incl Flipped) - May 2

Playing prog/tech LIVE on Proton Radio, 1st Tues of Month @10pm US EST
MissAnge +

She has the blood of reptile just underneath her skin..

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeranJ

love the Howells jack-hammer techno

I want a set of pure Howells come 4am when he's finally worked his way through to the harder tracks and has the sound and bass going absolutley mental.

Please :blush:

At sounds he was on just after deep dish? He got me up and dancing!
I had a great time!
Deep dish was

But then again, I love techno
*exits prog forum*
...what does that even mean?!
sparc54 +

A model citizen.

Times thanked
<
I think we must have tired Danny out in Canberra before We Love, he absolutely rocked the house that night. Deep Dish sounded uninspired playing after.

That said I have bought both his mix GU cds and found them to be pretty bland overall, 'cept for a few tracks.
skewiffed_beats +

Cow .............. Bell

Times thanked
<
Danny Howells - electronic groove podcast 033 - 13-03-2008
http://rapidshare.com/files/99360630/eg033.mp3.html

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UKFBHZ04

http://uploaded.to/?id=iz0itx

Enjoy

Mercury-Drinker +

but still...

Times thanked
<
Anything Howells is always welcome, cheers.
NismoR31 +

Times thanked
<
Thanked 10,810 Times in 4,660 Posts
digging it!
ayong +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<
what rob said!!

absolutely fluffy cheery prog music is what i could describe it! wouldn't mind a full tracklisting though

thanks for sharing!
CHEER UP EMO!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/anthonyyong

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photo_assassins/
kris-ko +

KoThnxBai

Times thanked
<
I must have dl'd the wrong mix cos I found it to be piss boring!
Words I've Written
Skins (free downloads of deep/tech/prog house originals)
Fromage Of Reason (DJ mix of house reboots of pop classics - Hall & Oates, NKOTB, et al)
toilet trained +

Mr thunderbox

Times thanked
<
^^^

will give it a listen today, was wondering what danny was up to...still think GU 25? D2 is sublime, but that was a long time ago now i guess
hang on a minute, im on the potty doing poo

http://soundcloud.com/moth-hunter
Mercury-Drinker +

but still...

Times thanked
<
The two tunes I could ID...
Lee Jones - Aria (Tiger Stripes Remix)
Tiger Stripes, Jerome Sydenham - Elevation (Radio Slave's One More Kiss Remix)

That Lee Jones tune is gonna get smashed over the next few months, rightly so though as its a stunner!
ayong +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<
in what minute is the lee jones track ben?
CHEER UP EMO!!!!

Mercury-Drinker +

but still...

Times thanked
<
Starts to come in at the 17min mark. The tune mixed after that is the Radio Slave Remix.
ayong +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<
Thanks brother!!

^__________^
CHEER UP EMO!!!!

robbie y +

Resident Advisor

Times thanked
<
theres a remix of steppenwolf early on going by the sounds of it...

robbie y
Mercury-Drinker +

but still...

Times thanked
<
Right you are - H.O.S.H - Steppenwolf (Jerome Sydenham's Blacktro Dub Remix)
8ish minute +
sonicc +

>O__/ QuACK >O__/ QuACK >O__/ QuACK

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,319 Times in 749 Posts
Just two old Mixes i really love the first one i suggest you check them out.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V3MEP4H1

Danny Howells - Nocturnal Frequencies Anthology (Muzik Mag June 2001)

01. G-Pal - Life
02. Dominica - Real Time
03. Chris Cargo - Solid Substance
04. Luke Slater - Body Freefal , Electronic Inform (Counterplan Mix)
05. Phaser - Second Choice
06. Science Department - Persuasion (Science Dept.Unreleased Dub)
07. Ubu - Pixels
08. Vegas Soul - Freeze
09. Excession - Skein
10. X-Cabs - Infectious (Evolution Mix)

Danny Howells - Tech Trance

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9NW9PLAJ

1 Pob Boiler (Humate Mix) (9:04)
2 Sunscreem Exodus (Chiba Mix) (4:30)
3 Marco Cord Slow Power (4:46)
4 Der Dritte Raum Hale Bopp (Jackdaw Mix) (4:43)
5 Red Shift Descender (4:56)
6 Oliver Lieb Subraumstimulation (Johnson Mix) (4:14)
7 Ylem All Paths Lead To Sol (Remix) (7:59)
8 Planisphere Eyes Of Truth (4:42)
9 Ecano Run (Z2 Mix) (7:45)
10 L.S.G. Netherworld (Vinyl Cut) (7:05
Cats are not actually smaller than horses, they are just further away - ITM PROVERB
skewiffed_beats +

Cow .............. Bell

Times thanked
<
Nocturnal is an awesome mix. I think it was one of the first CDs that I got of Dannys.

As for this EG set, it reminds me in terms of flow of GU Miami, lush with an underlying dose of rumbling chug in the background

skewiffed_beats +

Cow .............. Bell

Times thanked
<
Oh and here is a Tracklist that I have managed to cobble together from sources round the web

00:00 ID
07:00 H.O.S.H - Steppenwolf (Jerome Sydenham's Blacktro Dub Remix)
12:00 Ananda Project - Where the Music Takes You(rmx)
16:30 Lee Jones - Aria (Tiger Stripes Mix)
23:00 Jerome Sydenham & Tiger Stripes - Elevation (Radio Slave Mix)
32:00 Mr. Gone - Do For Love (Radio Slave Remix)
39:00 ID
43:48 Alter Ego - Gary
51:30 Rude 66 - The 1000 Year Storm

NismoR31 +

Times thanked
<
Thanked 10,810 Times in 4,660 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by skewiffed_beats

Nocturnal is an awesome mix. I think it was one of the first CDs that I got of Dannys.

same. i still listen to it now and then. Awesome cd!
dig72 +

Life's too short, be good

Times thanked
<
Danny Howells - Electronic Groove 033 2008
Recent sounds, by the man Danny Howells.

Great mix with a big dose of bottom heavy grooves.

Enjoy.

http://www.mediafire.com/?oep5bxwim3z
"In this tragic age, I am sometimes happy."

« Previous Thread Next Thread »