Neo_ +

Monkey

Times thanked
<
Theres heaps of references for getting it to work, also check the NI forums
Jay Parker.

Quote:

Originally Posted by risk

jesus christ, when was the last time any of you came to newcastle?

it's not fucking deliverance

NEONSPACE
oliosky +

Steel City Resident

Times thanked
<
I've had some issues trying to get traktor 3 to work with mine. Lots of Java issues....

DJDecks works really well straight up I've found.
robism +

Times thanked
<
i just got mine today but im having trouble setting it up
its all plugged in and the sound is working out of the speakers
but the dials and buttons on the bcd won't work with b-dj
is there something i've missed out on ?
when i click on the buttons in the program it lights up the bcd but cannot control it from the actual hardware
and my headphones wont work either in it
argh i been waiting ages and now ive got more problems !
oliosky +

Steel City Resident

Times thanked
<
Have youn read the manual and installed the drivers first?
robism +

Times thanked
<
yeah i've looked thru the manual can't see anything wrong and all the drivers were installed off the cd
oliosky +

Steel City Resident

Times thanked
<
Make sure you plug your BCD in, turn it on THEN start the software. Have you done things in that order?
robism +

Times thanked
<
yeah i went over the drivers again and found the problem so that's working now
but the headphones are still not working
i got sony xd100s
robism +

Times thanked
<
nevermind i figured it out
man im having a really dumb day
ZedOne +

Times thanked
<
Does anybody know somewhere that currently has these in stock (in Vic) at a good price?

Best i've found is $299 on ebay..

Tried: Billy Hydes, Allans Music and StoreDJ. All out of stock.

Thanks.
OdeB +

Times thanked
<
Just got my bcd2000, payed $299 from storedj, but who cares it's only $299!!! plus i got free shipping, took 2 days ,

Faders feel nice, though i found that one of the jog wheels was sticking due to the excess rubber, so a little trim should smooth it out.

So as far as using an external sound card has anybody used the bcd2000 through the Pro Tools M-BOX???
DJ Fusion +

As real as it gets...

Times thanked
<
Sooo, I fired up the new Xylio Futuredecks Pro last night to test with my BCD2000.

If you're a BCD user you can get the full version for about $30, or about $100 or so for new users but it's definitely worth it if you have a BCD2000 and another Midi controller imo.

There's two main reasons I'm hot for this app right now, firstly it has VST effects support right from the .dll - awesome stuff. BDJ is limited to DirectX effects and the VST scene kills the DX scene imo. I've got Bitcrushers, Beatchoppers, Vocoders, the works.

Secondly it support external midi controllers. I now have my BCD2000 and my Behringer UXM25 Midi keyboard both connected at the same time. I'm assigning VST FX parameters to the midi rotaries on my UMX on the fly with the Midi learn feature and I'm assigning loop more/less and loop shift forward/back to the buttons on my midi controller - I've never had so much power to completely deconstruct and reinvent tracks on the fly without having to touch a mouse. It seriously is the bomb.

It still has some quirks, but for a 1.0.0.0 release it's hawt and I'm not looking any further for a digital mixing solution. :xmas:
Donnie Darko +

ʇunɔ

Times thanked
<
have u tried the bcd with traktor yet fusion?

do u prefer the xylio setup?
DJ Fusion +

As real as it gets...

Times thanked
<
Yeppers, I tried it with Traktor a while back and for pure beatmixing it was brilliant, but I couldn't find a simple way of integrating all the effects and looping onto the BCD. I've also tried it with VirtualDJ and Ultramixer and djDecks and none of them have really convinced me to stop using the supplied BDJ software until this one.
Donnie Darko +

ʇunɔ

Times thanked
<
where did u get your xylio copy dude?
DJ Fusion +

As real as it gets...

Times thanked
<
Check out the demo here man, but whatever email address you registered with (if you registered) is where they would have sent the special discount offer for BCD users to:

http://www.xylio.com/site/index.php?...nu.html&rpage=
Bitsmasher +

alldeathmetalallthetime

Times thanked
<
Cheers for the info Fusion... a mate has been going about learning to mix for a while, and is sold on the idea of a $300 piece of controller doing what $xyz other stuff would cost... this Xylio thing sounds like the icing on the cake for effects-heavy mixing, especially since he has a 16 knob controller already.
DJ Fusion +

As real as it gets...

Times thanked
<
Yeah he'd love it. From what I can tell so far it seems like you can actually assign any number of effects to a channel and then you just hit the Learn button on the software interface, click any effect parameter you want, and then twiddle the knob you want, click the next parameter, twiddle the next knob, hit learn again to go out of that mode and then you have control over those parameters from your keyboard. So easy to do on the fly.
Dj SteveWill +

Times thanked
<
Might have to download it and have a look.

I have tried it with B-DJ (of course), Traktor, Virtual DJ and dJDecks and by far the best so far has been djDecks.

Has the new Xylio Futuredecks Pro got Vinyl control?
Whats the pitch resolution like, and hows the master tempo, is it usable (unlike in B-DJ)?
oliosky +

Steel City Resident

Times thanked
<
Fusion, are the EQs a bit more mellow in futuredecks? i found the EQs in both the original and updated versions of the BDJ software cut far too quickly.
T-PHIL +

Times thanked
<
Hey Guys....

I'm just reading back through your posts.....some pretty intresting comments. Cheers

Just a quick question to those who are using this controller with Live ??

Can the Jog wheels be used in a similar fashion to the Allen & Heath Xone 3D

(i.e. as a directional controller) ???

Thanks PPL
Music_Pirate +

Times thanked
<
Hey can someone pm me the zip pack with all the effects? The links in the thread are dead now and Ive only got the one from the bdj site

cheeeers
ZedOne +

Times thanked
<
Having some problems with my unit...Only had it about a month.

Was working fine for about 3-4 weeks but just in the last few days some of the buttons have stopped registering with the software however still work on the BCD itself...

For example;
I have a song playing on Deck A. I Press Play/Pause and although the green light on the unit turns off the song keeps playing. I press it again and the light stays off and the song pauses.

I have to press every button (cuts/cue/play/pause etc) twice for it to work in the software (even though the hardware has realised I have pressed it).

This is only happening with the buttons (that I can see). Knobs and Faders are working fine...

Anyone else encountered this...?

Have just upgraded to the latest B-DJ software but it is still happening...

Thanks.
Dj SteveWill +

Times thanked
<
Go into the drivers control panel and select b-dj mode (not advanced) it will then respond properly.
ZedOne +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dj SteveWill

Go into the drivers control panel and select b-dj mode (not advanced) it will then respond properly.

Thanks heaps mate.
muzdogg +

Times thanked
<
What do you guys think about connecting one CDJ to the Behringer BCD2000, and using the comp for the other channel. I want to get a feel for CDJ's but can't really afford 2 and a mixer at the moment, and I already have a BCD2000. Would this work?

Cheers.
Dj SteveWill +

Times thanked
<
Connecting up the cdj up to one channel works fine and will be ok for what you want.
Cheers,
Steve
Donnie Darko +

ʇunɔ

Times thanked
<
okay so whos hooked this badboy up to ableton yet?
Ralph Wiggum +

Registered Techno User

Times thanked
<
I haven't hooked up to Abelton, but have persisted with Virtual DJ 4 and am getting good results. In another forum someone posted a very basic Midi map which I have expanded to suite me.

Simply load (probably best not to merge) and check it out.

Updates included:
  • Scratching now works with the jog wheels, if a little sensitive.
  • All EQ's now work properly, (No pitch shifting of tracks when using the EQ's to quickly.)
  • Pitch Bend +/- on both decks now function properly.
  • Headphone monitor function changed to now actually fade properly between Deck A & Deck B.
    (Use Tab key on your keyboard to change PFL between Deck A & Deck B)
  • "Back to Top" button functions as Stop and will go to the start of your track. If you have cue points, it will alternate between them.
  • "Sync Slave" button now actually works properly as a slave function as opposed to having to hold the button in order to get it to sync with your other track.
  • FX controls assigned:
  • Value A Button - Turn On/Off Loop Samples on Deck 1
  • Value A Rotary - Volume Loop Samples on Deck 1 Operates both Deck 1 & 2
  • Value B Button - Turn On/Off Effects on Deck 1
  • Value B Rotary - Volume Effects on Deck 1
  • Value C Button - Turn On/Off Loop Samples on Deck 2
  • Value C Rotary - Volume Loop Samples on Deck 2 Operates both Deck 1 & 2
  • Value D Button - Turn On/Off Effects on Deck 2
  • Value D Rotary - Volume Effects on Deck 2
  • "Loop Out" - Decks A & B are set to 4 beats
    (This was originally set to Auto which would randomly select anything from 1/2 beat to 16 beats.)

Oh and I have literally given up on Traktor, it just doesn't work on either of my computers, some sort of hardware conflict and Xylio's DJ software even with the latest updates is just plain horrible in my opinion.

DJ Decks is a tidy shareware program that has native control with the BDJ-2000 and is quite good when it doesn't crash whilst using the 3rd deck

Virtual DJ for the win for thrashing out mp3's in the garage :blush:

Anyway, it is a shit load better than the last midi map I posted, good luck and any questions, please ask
Effin See

Rav

Frisky Music
WhiteRabbit +

Times thanked
<
Lets not forget that Behri are bringing out the BCD3000 in the 2nd quarter, seems like it's just a minor spruce up, but hopefully some of the old issues are fixed :o You'll have to google for the links sorry, ITM doesn't think I'm responsible enough to post URLs yet, bah!
Curiouser and curiouser.
Ralph Wiggum +

Registered Techno User

Times thanked
<
It's the same but different

http://www.behringer.com/BCD3000/index.cfm?lang=ENG

Actually, this one does spec up a bit better and comes with Traktor 3 and is Mac compatible

Quote:

Originally Posted by Behringer

It’s everything you ever wanted in a DJ production tool. It’s gorgeous, you can put your hands on it and the software is just irresistible.

The B-CONTROL DEEJAY BCD3000 DJ mixer lets you play, mix and scratch any MP3, WAV or other audio format with a real vinyl feel. Packed with mind-blowing features such as mixer, dual-player, effects, mic/phono preamps and a full-fledged monitor section, this 4-channel USB audio interface perfectly complements the included Native Instruments Traktor 3 LE DJ software or most other DJ software, running on Windows XP and Mac OS X operating systems. You've waited long enough. Go to your local dealer, and make sure this hot babe is yours.

Put your hands on and spin!

RRP AU$399.99
Effin See

Rav

Frisky Music
robism +

Times thanked
<
are there any other programs which are automatically compatible with the bcd2000 ?
im kinda looking for something other than bcdj
too many bugs with it
Ralph Wiggum +

Registered Techno User

Times thanked
<
I'm certain someone posted all the links on the first page
Effin See

Rav

Frisky Music
robism +

Times thanked
<
i can't see anything
little help please ?
AcidScarredSpaz +

Times thanked
<
Pain in the Arse
My BCD 2000 is being a pain.

Im using it with the packaged software, latest upgrade.

Problem is that after a period, say 5 tracks, the bastard then stops being controlable, the buttons offer no response, even in terms of the light on the interface, and then weird stuff starts happening, like the jog wheel controls the pitch, or volume or somesuch weirdness.

It sucks if you are laying down a pretty nice mix and all of a sudden it goes looney.

Anyhow, suggestions and comments most welcome!

Thanks.
Nams +

Times thanked
<
Yeah i can't wait to get the BCD3000. I've had the BCD2000 for quite a while now and have not a problem with it. I use it with Traktor 3... The setup is so good and reliable i use it in the club when i play on fridays.... Awesome controller for the price, once i get the BCD3000 I'll be using both and controlling 4 decks
  • Attached Thumbnails

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0007.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	23494  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0006.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	23495  
Music_Pirate +

Times thanked
<
BCD Problems!
hey guys,

Just wondering, if you play around with to many buttons at once, the BCD goes all loopy?

It pisses me off, if I am playing around with kill switches and faders, all of a sudden it freezes up, buttons start doing the opposite thing, faders swap direction etc (basically very weird behavior)

Anyone else getting this>?
Donnie Darko +

ʇunɔ

Times thanked
<
see sig >>

DJ D one +

Times thanked
<
Hum...I want one...It seems like a good machine...I'm probably going to do a few gigs back in my home town, so I need to travel light, unfortunately the decks are too much to take with me...this seems like a good solution...I was pretty negative about this before but well...for the sake of travelling light...

DJD1
My ten minute elektro mix here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_S8k5pS0-E
Tristan W +

Times thanked
<
When is the bcd3000 coming out? It seems like it will be a great little unit especially with tracktor. Excuse my technical ignorance but have they scrapped the behringer mixing software for a tracktor setup that is all nicely synced up to the unit. I am no tech wizard so when I buy this thing would I simply install the software turn the unit on drag my mp3's into each deck then start mixing da 'fuckin techno'
Flame667 +

Times thanked
<
Can any one please give me some advice in english on how to hook my BCD2000 upto VDJ4 search all over the net but nothing helpful in english at all. It keeps on comming up with a pop sumthign about an ASIO error or sumthing. and also in B-DJ every now and then the program will like lagg are what im doing on the unit will not do it on the program or the music and program will just freeze for like 20 seconds on average of every 40 seconds. Its a verry fun unti to play with in loving being abel to play with all my MP3's that are hard to find on vynil, its fun but i dislike yelling at the screen every 30 seconds because it freezes.

please not i have alredy deleted the Bome and Yoke registrey files, besuce it said to on the vdj4 forums too and still no luck.

Last edited by Flame667: 31-Mar-07 at 01:30pm

Ralph Wiggum +

Registered Techno User

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tristan W

When is the bcd3000 coming out? It seems like it will be a great little unit especially with tracktor. Excuse my technical ignorance but have they scrapped the behringer mixing software for a tracktor setup that is all nicely synced up to the unit. I am no tech wizard so when I buy this thing would I simply install the software turn the unit on drag my mp3's into each deck then start mixing da 'fuckin techno'

The BCD3000 is apparantly the exact same unit to the 2000 but in a different colour.

As for Traktor, I am glad they are moving to a known good piece of software and not continuing with their own, theirs is shit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flame667

Can any one please give me some advice in english on how to hook my BCD2000 upto VDJ4 search all over the net but nothing helpful in english at all. It keeps on comming up with a pop sumthign about an ASIO error or sumthing. and also in B-DJ every now and then the program will like lagg are what im doing on the unit will not do it on the program or the music and program will just freeze for like 20 seconds on average of every 40 seconds. Its a verry fun unti to play with in loving being abel to play with all my MP3's that are hard to find on vynil, its fun but i dislike yelling at the screen every 30 seconds because it freezes.

please not i have alredy deleted the Bome and Yoke registrey files, besuce it said to on the vdj4 forums too and still no luck.

The B-DJ, Xylio application, is shit. You will need a fairly decent computer to run it and It does freeze up often. I have noticed this more so since upgrading the software and drivers.

As for VDJ4, there is a bit of info here: http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/sho...=171029&page=3

Also try adjusting your config like this:

You could also be having hardware issues on your computer, dodgy ram?

Failing that, buy a registered copy, a lot of the cracked versions are plagued with all manner of nasties.
Effin See

Rav

Frisky Music
DJ D one +

Times thanked
<
What I found attractive about the BCD2000 is the reasonable price ($250), now if you have to get traktor, that probably double the price of the setup...Just wondering if the BCD3000 was available in Australia, and if it would be cheaper to get it, or would it be cheaper to get a BCD2000 and traktor. Thanks for the input...
DJD1
DJ D one +

Times thanked
<
Okay from what I get 3000 should retail for $399 with GST, and the 2000 is available for $251 on ebay

3000 comes with Traktor LE if you upgrade to traktor 3 it is USD119 from native site
2000 comes with Xylio if you upgrade to traktor 3 it is USD229 from native site

All in all it works out at about the following if you consider upgrade to traktor 3
3000 399 + 148= 547
2000 251 + 284= 565

I am not sure wether you can get 3000 yet, definitely worth considering the 3000 now.

DJD1
apalaciosd +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum

I haven't hooked up to Abelton, but have persisted with Virtual DJ 4 and am getting good results. In another forum someone posted a very basic Midi map which I have expanded to suite me.

Updates included:

• All EQ's now work properly, (No pitch shifting of tracks when using the EQ's to quickly.)
  • Headphone monitor function changed to now actually fade properly between Deck A & Deck B.
  • "Back to Top" button functions as Stop and will go to the start of your track. If you have cue points, it will alternate between them.
  • "Sync Slave" button now actually works properly as a slave function as opposed to having to hold the button in order to get it to sync with your other track.
  • FX controls assigned:
    (This was originally set to Auto which would randomly select anything from 1/2 beat to 16 beats.)

Oh and I have literally given up on Traktor, it just doesn't work on either of my computers, some sort of hardware conflict and Xylio's DJ software even with the latest updates is just plain horrible in my opinion.

DJ Decks is a tidy shareware program that has native control with the BDJ-2000 and is quite good when it doesn't crash whilst using the 3rd deck

Anyway, it is a shit load better than the last midi map I posted, good luck and any questions, please ask

Hello, It seems you have solved a problem that have been pissing me off for a couple of months now, but I can not download your file... any installation intructions?? (sorry, I don;t have MIDI knowledge)

Thanks,

Chorri
apalaciosd +

Times thanked
<
File

Quote:

Updates included:

• FX controls assigned:

Hello, It seems you have solved a problem that have been pissing me off for a couple of months now, but I can not download your file... any installation intructions?? (sorry, I don;t have MIDI knowledge)

Thanks,

Chorri
apalaciosd +

Times thanked
<
Hello, I use FutureDecks Pro with my BCD2000, anyone knows where I can download skins for this sw??... the original one is really ugly

thanks

Chorri
Dj SteveWill +

Times thanked
<
Check the Forum at the Xylio site (www.xylio.com)
I know there are some for FDPro on there.
trashy +

Top Dog

Times thanked
<

Quote:

It's the same but different

http://www.behringer.com/BCD3000/index.cfm?lang=ENG

Actually, this one does spec up a bit better and comes with Traktor 3 and is Mac compatible

RRP AU$399.99

after having a jam with ralph's at my joint and then him pointing out the 3000 is mac compatible i will be getting one of these...

thanks joe...
Ride the Train
DJ D one +

Times thanked
<
Really keen on a BCD just wondering if I should wait for the 3000 or get the 2000, I am just wondering if the original software that come with the 2000 is good enough? Any opinion will be appreciated.

DJD1

« Previous Thread Next Thread »