Page 2 of 3
  Tools
DomJuan +

Times thanked
< 35

Quote:

Originally Posted by system808

anyone else see marmion in the morning... funny stuff

I got to hang out with Marcos & Mijk and their rider.Seeing as they did not drink that was cool:tripping:.Personally i loved the rain.Just like Ecology
Tommy Cola +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 0
Which party featured Transformer 2 (of Pacific Symphony fame)? I remember them wearing these obscene glittery hats and more or less ruining the vibe. Collossus perhaps?
Miss Jax +

Licking my Chops

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy Cola

Which party featured Transformer 2 (of Pacific Symphony fame)? I remember them wearing these obscene glittery hats and more or less ruining the vibe. Collossus perhaps?

Collossus, yes. Odd choice of act and odd time to play - my friends and spent the whole time wandering around and in the second room till they finished. Awful way to start the party; thank god it picked up after that.
"For mash, get Sashweed"
"Promise her anything, but give her Sashweed!"
"Happiness is Sashweed-shaped!"
"Thank Sashweed it's Friday!"
"Once you pop, you can't stop Sashweed"
Spectrum +

What?! No Crossfader!

Times thanked
< 146
^^^ Hahaha.... while I'm a T2 fan, how s...l...o...w... did Pacific Symphony sound at peaktime?
Spectrum +

What?! No Crossfader!

Times thanked
< 146

Quote:

Originally Posted by system808

anyone else see marmion in the morning... funny stuff

Sounds like there's a tale there to be told...
Spectrum +

What?! No Crossfader!

Times thanked
< 146

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chizzle

The year was 1995... Updated 4/11/06

Party
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Excellent use of formatting. Will be a fantastic reference once all the years are complete. Cheers for this.

Still can't believe the Melb crew's minds are still too hazy to compute a sketchpad of the years that were.

Too much :offchops: and not enough perhaps?
Chizzle +

Twisted Instigator

Times thanked
< 0
The year was 1993... Updated 14/11/06

Fantazia NYE 93/94
Production:
Venue:State Sports Cenre, Homebush
Description:(DJs Moby & Dave Angel) Shonky promotions, reasonable party, if only they had the numbers which failed to show after their rivalry amongst established Tribal crew whose party they sabotage on the same night.

RAT 200AD NYE 93/94
Production:
Venue:Horden Pavilion
Description:

Happy Valley 3 - 18 December, 1993
Production:
Venue: A property down past Mittagong, off the Hume Hwy (damn, what's the road called?).
Description: Venue also used for Freedom 3 a year or so later, though on a different part of the property. Magic party, magic sunrise. Did an incredibly stupid thing driving back to Sydney on the Hume Hwy in that I pushed my 1983 Nissan Skyline to about 220km (the needle had gone off the dial at 180km). Anyway, I lived. Also heard of our friends driving back in an army troop carrier style 4WD. The driver had decided it'd be a great idea to drop another an hour or so before driving everyone home. He became semi-unconcious at the wheel, and it took another mate (reasonably well know Sydney DJ) to reach over and grab the wheel and steer back onto the road, while half a dozen of our friends were thrown about in the back. What is it with Happy Valley parties and dangerous road incidents? Just so stupid.

Freedom 2 4 December, 1993
Production:
Venue:State Motor Museum, Pyrmont
Description: (DJ Edge) Another magic party with fond memories.

Space Cadet 2 1/2 - 27 November, 1993
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Insight - 20 November, 1993
Production:
Venue: Alexandria ?
Description: Same place as Crisis Point 2. Venue backed on to the canal

Crisis point 2 - 30 October, 1993
Production:
Description:Venue backed on to the canal.

Mixed beans 2 - 2 October, 1993
Production:
Venue: Burrows Rd, Alexandria
Description:A fun party with a chocolate for a ticket. The DJs/sound system were placed in the middle of the warehouse and the ravers partied in a 360 degree circle around the set-up. Was the same weekend as Sleaze Ball. I remember Jono from Tribal turning up in the morning with "sleaze" shaved in the back of his head

Freedom - 28 August, 1993
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Prodigy 4 outdoor - 7 & 8 August 1993
Production:
Venue: Waterski Park, Wiseman's Ferry.
Description:My first party, and what a mind-blowing experience this was!!!

Green acres 2 - 31 July, 1993

Production:
Venue:
Description:

Atmosphere 2nd sight - 31 July, 1993
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Dreamworld - 24 July, 1993
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Space camp 93 - 23 July, 1993
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Crisis point - 10 July, 1993
Production:
Venue:Carpark, Artarmon
Description:

Yippie Kie Yae Mother Fucker - 26 June, 1993

Production:
Venue: Some strange building on Foveaux St Surry Hills.
Description: Got shut down. Was a lot of hype around this party.

Harmony - 19 June, 1993
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Enigma - 8 May, 1993
Production:
Venue: Alexandria
Description: Huge production but no one went. We all hung out the front. Was like $40 or $50. Back then that was a huge amount of money for a party.

Children of the vortex - 10 April, 1993
Production:
Venue:
Description:
Chaos - 10 April, 1993
Production:
Venue: Ended up at Graffiti Hall of Fame. Was supposed to be at the Tribal 1 venue
Description: (DJ Lenny Dee) It was called off & never happened. Ended up at the Graffiti Hall Of Fame but I did not go to that. i went home to bed instead of giving us our money back, they held a party the following week without Lenny Dee which is a shame because he is a fantastic DJ. Never the less, it was a great party. I remember some DJ, I think it was Nick TT, going real real hard on the crossfader. Nick TT always seemed a bit dodgy to me but I have never met him so I cant be sure.

Midnight madness 2 - 3 April, 1993
Production:
Venue: At the amusement park situated in the exact location of Home nightclub, Cockle Bay Wharf now.
Description:Might be referring to one of the other Midnight Madness parties??? Thats where it was. Cool party got shut a little early. Was suprised it went as long as it did.

High Jinx - 26 March, 1993
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Ascension - 20 March, 1993
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Field of dreams - 27 February, 1993
Production:
Venue: Botany Rd, Alexandria
Description: Pretty sure this was at the same venue as a party called Bubble. Went to both but did not go in.

Punos - 13 February, 1993
Production:
Venue:Alexandria
Description: At a much used warehouse on Botany Rd.

Prodigy 3 - 6 February, 1993
Production:
Venue:
Description: Huge warehouse in Alexandria. Big sound, crowd, lighting and police turnout in the morning. Legendary party as all the Prodigy parties were

Armagedon - 25 January, 1993

Production:
Venue: Ricketty Street Mascot
Description: (Carl Cox & Dj Phantasy) One of the most mind blowing raves i went to. It was in dodgy warehouse in Ricketty Street Mascot (right next to the bridge on the left heading towards Sydenham....it's now a car park). There was a stack of speakers as tall as the roof in the shape of a pyramid when you first walked in. I don't think it was a huge venue, don't know who the first DJ was but he forgot his headphones so his mixing was a wee bit dodgy. The DJs wee not elevated for once, they were right there on the dancefloor. I was a very keen DJ trainspotter and i just remember that i was able to stand directly in front of Carl Cox for his whole set on 3 decks and watch him mix - fucking incredible - not too just hear him but too watch his every move was incredible. I remember he was going crazy on 3 decks and he was scratching and cutting and he knocked the needle off the record and everyone cheered and he just smiled and got on with it. The lights and overall effort by the promoter was shit but the fact the promoter couldn't be bothered to elevate the DJ made it an unforgettable party. Carl Cox also performed live but that was bollocks.

Apocalypse - 25 January, 1993
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Cyberspace - 16 January, 1993
Production:
Venue:
Description:
THINGS OWN YOU
polanski +

Times thanked
< 0
yep love the layout format chizzle ......nice one
Chizzle +

Twisted Instigator

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by polanski

yep love the layout format chizzle ......nice one

Let's hope we can get more stories/accounts/details soon....
THINGS OWN YOU
Tommy Cola +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 0
Production: Rover the Dog Productions
Venue: Camperdown
Description: Smallish production, the laser died early in the night. DJs were the regular Sydney crew, Ming, Abel, Sheen, Jumping Jack etc.
MeaningOfLights +

Times thanked
< 0
QUOTE=system808]anyone else see marmion in the morning... funny stuff QUOTE]

Fuck yeah!!! That main dance floor was soo f'n muddy by that time, what was it 7am in the morning!

Mate, when marmion dropped that track (you know the one its the most famous Marmion track) I was pretty much rolling in the shit by that time!

Apollo was a great event, yup Jeff Mills went sick in the second tent, far out he must have played 700 records in an hour set

The set I most looked forward to that night was Slipmatts, after his un-f'n-belivable set at PleasureDome. I was alll hyped up, but in the outdoors his set didn't explode like it did the year earlier at PleasureDome. oiw such great memories, you guys should check out www.StillBuggin.com when the sites up again, I kid you not these parties are sooo fucking good! Great production, people, music, vibe etc only diff is that were all like 11/12 years older and know how to SERIOUSLY DAMAGE the dance floor! :blush:

If you remember Star Wars @ hardcore cafe, they had this X type scaffholding setup, these stillbuggin parties the floor rocks as much as that scaff did!!!

Twisted Instigator

Times thanked
< 0
The year was 1993... Updated 29/11/06

Fantazia NYE 93/94
Production:
Description:(DJs Moby & Dave Angel) Shonky promotions, reasonable party, if only they had the numbers which failed to show after their rivalry amongst established Tribal crew whose party they sabotage on the same night.

RAT 200AD NYE 93/94
Production:
Description:

Production:
Venue: A property down past Mittagong, off the Hume Hwy (damn, what's the road called?).
Description: Venue also used for Freedom 3 a year or so later, though on a different part of the property. Magic party, magic sunrise. Did an incredibly stupid thing driving back to Sydney on the Hume Hwy in that I pushed my 1983 Nissan Skyline to about 220km (the needle had gone off the dial at 180km). Anyway, I lived. Also heard of our friends driving back in an army troop carrier style 4WD. The driver had decided it'd be a great idea to drop another an hour or so before driving everyone home. He became semi-unconcious at the wheel, and it took another mate (reasonably well know Sydney DJ) to reach over and grab the wheel and steer back onto the road, while half a dozen of our friends were thrown about in the back. What is it with Happy Valley parties and dangerous road incidents? Just so stupid.

Freedom 2 4 December, 1993
Production:

Production:
Venue:
Description:

Insight - 20 November, 1993
Production:

Production:

Mixed beans 2 - 2 October, 1993
Production:
Description:A fun party with a chocolate for a ticket. The DJs/sound system were placed in the middle of the warehouse and the ravers partied in a 360 degree circle around the set-up. Was the same weekend as Sleaze Ball. I remember Jono from Tribal turning up in the morning with "sleaze" shaved in the back of his head

Production:
Venue:
Description:

Production:
Venue: Waterski Park, Wiseman's Ferry.

Production:
Venue:
Description:

Production:
Venue:
Description:

Production:
Venue:
Description:

Production:
Venue:
Description:

Production:
Venue:Carpark, Artarmon
Description:

Production:

Harmony - 19 June, 1993
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Enigma - 8 May, 1993
Production:
Description: Huge production but no one went. We all hung out the front. Was like $40 or $50. Back then that was a huge amount of money for a party.

Children of the vortex - 10 April, 1993
Production:
Venue:
Description:
Chaos - 10 April, 1993
Production:
Venue: Ended up at Graffiti Hall of Fame. Was supposed to be at the Tribal 1 venue
Description: (DJ Lenny Dee) It was called off & never happened. Ended up at the Graffiti Hall Of Fame but I did not go to that. i went home to bed instead of giving us our money back, they held a party the following week without Lenny Dee which is a shame because he is a fantastic DJ. Never the less, it was a great party. I remember some DJ, I think it was Nick TT, going real real hard on the crossfader. Nick TT always seemed a bit dodgy to me but I have never met him so I cant be sure.

Production:
Venue: At the amusement park situated in the exact location of Home nightclub, Cockle Bay Wharf now.
Description:Might be referring to one of the other Midnight Madness parties??? Thats where it was. Cool party got shut a little early. Was suprised it went as long as it did.

Production:
Venue:
Description:

Production:Rover the Dog Productions
Venue:Camperdown
Description:Smallish production, the laser died early in the night. DJs were the regular Sydney crew, Ming, Abel, Sheen, Jumping Jack etc.

Production:
Description: Pretty sure this was at the same venue as a party called Bubble. Went to both but did not go in.

Production:

Production:
Venue:
Description: Huge warehouse in Alexandria. Big sound, crowd, lighting and police turnout in the morning. Legendary party as all the Prodigy parties were

Production:
Description: (Carl Cox & Dj Phantasy) One of the most mind blowing raves i went to. It was in dodgy warehouse in Ricketty Street Mascot (right next to the bridge on the left heading towards Sydenham....it's now a car park). There was a stack of speakers as tall as the roof in the shape of a pyramid when you first walked in. I don't think it was a huge venue, don't know who the first DJ was but he forgot his headphones so his mixing was a wee bit dodgy. The DJs wee not elevated for once, they were right there on the dancefloor. I was a very keen DJ trainspotter and i just remember that i was able to stand directly in front of Carl Cox for his whole set on 3 decks and watch him mix - fucking incredible - not too just hear him but too watch his every move was incredible. I remember he was going crazy on 3 decks and he was scratching and cutting and he knocked the needle off the record and everyone cheered and he just smiled and got on with it. The lights and overall effort by the promoter was shit but the fact the promoter couldn't be bothered to elevate the DJ made it an unforgettable party. Carl Cox also performed live but that was bollocks.

Apocalypse - 25 January, 1993
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Production:
Venue:
Description:
THINGS OWN YOU
Chizzle +

Twisted Instigator

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Description: Smallish production, the laser died early in the night. DJs were the regular Sydney crew, Ming, Abel, Sheen, Jumping Jack etc.

Thanks Tommy! I've added the details into 93...
THINGS OWN YOU
Spectrum +

What?! No Crossfader!

Times thanked
< 146
Haha... still such a great thread.

If anyone else has some party andecotes from the various nights they wish to share, please post 'em. Would love to read through your experiences of the same gigs. I'm sure Chizzle won't mind adding your bits and pieces to her more-than-excellent updates.

Chizzle +

Twisted Instigator

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spectrum

Haha... still such a great thread.

If anyone else has some party andecotes from the various nights they wish to share, please post 'em. Would love to read through your experiences of the same gigs. I'm sure Chizzle won't mind adding your bits and pieces to her more-than-excellent updates.

indeed - if you remember anything, even your experience at a particular party, post it up and I'll add it to the list so we have a good record of the night!!!

Chiz
THINGS OWN YOU
polanski +

Times thanked
< 0
Just gave my review of "World Party"

The year was 1995... Updated 30/11/06

Global NYE (Dyewitness.Holland) - NYE 1995/1996
Production:
Venue:Centennial Basketball Stadium, Minto
Description:

Pleasure NYE - 1995/1996
Production:Buck Rogers ravers
Venue:
Description:

Insanity NYE - 1995/1996
Production:
Venue:Graffiti Hall of Fame, Botany Road, Alexandria
Description:A dodgey albeit fun night down at the good ol' Graf Hall of Fame. I ran around the whole night with my supply stashed in a Crocodile hand puppet and had everyone fool *evil laf*. Most people spilled out onto the street outside and across the road into the wee hours of the morning...

A Dream Come True - 23 December, 1995
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Happy Valley 4 - 15,16,17 December, 1995
Production:
Venue:Mangrove Mountain, Colo River Way
DescriptionDJs Hendrix, Germany; Ray Castle, Japan; Nick Prana, UK) Had to look for the signpost to "Tom's BBQ". Too bad the court injunction during the day (the council must have been keen to arrange a special sitting on a Saturday) meant the rangers and police were keen to put a stop to it. By midnight, with bonfires, teepees, and lighting going, yet still no ok on the sound, the early ravers parked their cars in a group, popped their boots, and blared out Triple J's Mix-up in unison! Then we had the PA back on, then off, then on, then off for good, despite the best efforts of our own personal rave lawyer hired specially for the ocassion. Police conceded it would be plain stupid to force everyone back onto the long road home in the middle of the night, so we were allowed to stay on the property. I have some great photos of us all in the morning sunrise. bring on the pics!

Eclipse 95 (Ultrasonic) - 9 December, 1995
Production:
Venue:Centennial Basketball Stadium, Minto
Description:

Smurf Village 3 - 2 December, 1995
Production:
Venue:Appin Scout Park
Description: (DJs Ultimate Buzz; Angus, QLD & Chris Fresh, ACT) I had a ticket but couldn't get there (16, no car, and trying to get from the 'Gong to Appin by public transport back then was a real shit). One of my biggest regrets because my fav HHC tune ever is 'Rock That Body" by Ultimate Buzz and I think it must be jinxed for me because I never seemed to be able to rock out on the dancefloor when it got played...

Brave New World - 25 November, 1995
Production:Buck Rogers Ravers
Venue:Farm Paddock in Peats Ridge
DescriptionGuests: Sequential One & MC Spacekid, Germany) I'll never forget that party for the sheer amount of cow shit all over the dance floor - everywhere!

Awesomething - 18, 19, 20 November, 1995
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Skool of Hardknox - 4 November, 1995
Production:
Venue:Sky Bar, Redfern
Description:Hilarious hardcore party... thank you Geoff Da Chef for keeping hardcore kicking in 95 - the theme tune for the night would have to have been "AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE AN ALCOHOLIK PARTY". From memory the place was covered in black plastic and dripping with sweat!!!

Smile Again - 4 November, 1995
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Peace Train (Quench) - 28 October, 1995
Production:Candy Flip Productions
Venue:Mitchell Go-Karts, 38 Essington Street Mitchell (Canberra)
Description:The party that had to be moved from Sydney to Canberra because i venue void of shutdown could not be found. Us Canberra kiddies couldn't believe our luck! Awesome props - but Candy Flip always did the best decore!

Full steam ahead - 26 October, 1995
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Rave Nation - 21 October, 1995
Production:
Description:

Apache - 21 October, 1995
Production:
Venue:The Phonecian Club, Broadway
Description:The infamous rave where Anne Wood died of ecstasy-related causes.

3 Deck Nitro - 14 October, 1995
Production:
Venue:NSW Teachers Club, Sydney CBD
Description:

Eckythump 2 - 14 October, 1995
Production:FLC Productions
Venue:Glebe Silos
Description:This time round the place stank like shit!! but the party was awesome..

Once Upon A Sundaze - 1 October, 1995
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Thunderdome - 30 September, 1995
Production:Technoise
Venue:Saloon Bar (now Apia Club) Parramatta Rd Camperdown
DescriptionDreamTeam aka Buzz Fuzz, Gizmo, The Prophet, Dano, and DJ Lady Dames [Dana]) The cops came and tear-gased the place because there were some many people spreading onto parramatta Rd. It made front page of the Sunday papers the next morning.

Sonic - 26 September, 1995
Production:
Venue:It was in the Oracle Laser Company's warehouse in Brookvale
Description:There seemed to be a lot more going on outside the venue than inside... there was quite a bit of crime outside the party.

Brainstorm - 25 September, 1995
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Smile - 19 September, 1995
Production:
Venue:Liechardt PCYC, Norton St Liechardt
Description:

Green Eggs & Ham - 16 September, 1995
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Middle Earth - 9 September, 1995
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Passion 3 aka Obsession - 9 September, 1995
Venue:
Descriptionwhat was with our obsession with Ultrasonic's "Obsession" back then?!! )

Zero Hour - 2 September, 1995
Production:
Venue:Angel Place Golfing Range, CBD
Description:It was pissing down rain that night and only a small part of the party was covered. Still, I had one of the best nights of my life there!

Children of the Hardcore 3 - 12 August, 1995
Production:
Venue:Recycled Garbage, Marrickville
Description:

In Search of Kaya - 29 July, 1995
Production:
Venue:
Description: (DJ Jon Hardy, Canada)

Children of the Hardcore - 22 July, 1995 Anyone have a date for COTHC 2???
Production:
Venue:Hardcore Cafe, Broadway
Description:

Futurescape 2 aka Dream Flight - 22 July, 1995
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Utopia - 15 July, 1995
Productionowerhouse Productions
Venue:The small room of Centennial Basketball Stadium, Minto
Description:The first Utopia/Powerhouse Party. Apparently half the DJs didn't turn up. It's amazing Powerhouse came from such humble beginnings...

Freelove 95 - 8 July, 1995
Production:
Venue:Blackmarket Nightclub on Regent Street Chippendale
Description:

Eckythump - 1 July, 1995
Venue:Glebe Silos
Description:A very small, tight knit & friendly crowd. Awesome night in arguably the best venue ever used in Sydney.

Carnival Ov Thee Mind - 12 June, 1995
Production:
Venue:train carriages of Redfern/Alexandria?
DescriptionGuests: Meat Beat Manifesto)

Every Picture Tells a Story (Ultrasonic) - 10 June, 1995
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Technocolour - 10 June, 1995
Production:Technoise
Venue:An indoor cricket centre somewhere out west...
Description: (Guests: Rob Gee, USA; Hocus Pocus; Hood & Loon; UK) The ticket came with a complementary video. The party had two rooms, one main room and one second "jungle" room.

MDMA 2 - 3 June, 1995
Production:
Venue:Richmond Rowing Club
Description: (Guests: Ultrasonic & Alien Factory) Regarded as one of the best Sydney raves of all time

Space Cadet 4 - 27 May, 1995
Production:
Venue:Warehouse in Leumeah
Description: (Guest: DJ Denmark) Had a really cool flyer that you could fold into something, but ended up in a dirty venue (go-kart track?), and not a huge crowd. I can't remember much about this party apart from snapping a lot of photos of the "lasers" which ended up being photos of the ceiling... duh

Dumbo (Angus, QLD) - 27 May, 1995
Production:
Venue:El Caballo Blanco
Description:Good party, with acrobatic gymnastic display surprise at midnight! Sad that it didn't get the numbers, and so the promoter whose house had been re-mortgaged to fund it faced a loss.

Mayday - 20 May, 1995
Production:
Venue:Smaller hall of the State Sports Centre, Homebush
Description:

Emagine - 13 May, 1995
Production:
Venue:
Description: (Guest: Easygroove, UK)

Raveland - 6 May 1995
Production:Candy Flip
Description:The night where someone got shot in the ass!

A Perfect World- 22 April, 1995
Production:Buck Rogers Ravers
Venue: Giant warehouse, Wetherill Park/or Canley Vale?
DescriptionGuests: Infusion) Seeing Infusion this night was one of the inspirational moments that saw me take up music production seriously. A bit different from their style today, back then Infusion had a strong German trance sound. Seriously fantastic, and to watch it take place without a record (or CD) in sight and I was spellbound. The hardcore room was made of shipping containers! The chill out was seriously cool - loads of couches and bean bags, live graffiti and those big soft clouds hanging in the sky I mean from the roof... Fucking ace party, one of my all time favs.

Prodigy 7 - 15 April, 1995Is this date correct?
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Smurf Village 2 - 1 April, 1995
Production:
Venue:Warehouse in Ingelburn
Description: It was in a marquee outside a warehouse, in the industrial area... I remember this very clearly - and i frozen my ass off walking back to the station in the morning.. To jog your memories the Dance Floor was slanted - sucked at the time but in retrospect it was a quiet funny.

The Happiest People in the World - 18 March, 1995
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Field of Dreams 3 - 4 March, 1995
Production:
Venue:Alexandria Basketball Stadium
Description:Such a great night... looking back I thought Alexandria Basketball Stadium was HUGE but it's really quite small. The way I remember you'd think there were 10,000 people there, when there was probably 3,000. Awesome laser show and dancers.

Quiddity - 25 February, 1995
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Sunrise - Freedom 3 - 18 February, 1995
Production:
Venue:A property down past Mittagong, off the Hume Hw
Description:
Same outdoor property as Happy [b] 3. Almost didn't happen after promoter Brett Betroot got cold feet on the day, and so it ended up that Papa Smurf Jason, Karen and the Smurf Village crew banded together to make it happen. A little disjointed in the end, however great to be out and about with good friends away from the city.

The Empire Strikes Back - 11 February, 1995
Production:
Venue:Agincourt/Hardcore Cafe, or was that the Star Wars party? Or both?
Description:

Crisis Point 3 - 4 February, 95
Production:
Venue:Warehouse down Campbeltown way
Description:Very perculiar circumstances surrounded this party. Was Crisis in jail only months eariler? Was he let out on goood behaviour just for this party? Did that explain the breathtesting roadblocks each side of the venue? And the uniformed police, rangers, and plainclothed "grown ups" at around 3am who surrounded me at the phone box inside the service station next door who I then heard to say, "Ok, we've got him", after which I slowly hung up my phone, and edge my way past these 5 or so official looking people, who let me leave without intervention? I then ran back to the party, losing my sunglasses case (and supply) along the way. That Sunday night, back at Sundaze at the Pav (Pavillion Hotel), the place was full of awkward-looking non-raver types who were watching the goings on, and signaling each other. Of course, I could have just been paranoid!

World Party 28 January, 1995
Production:
Venue: Magic Kingdom
Description: Carl Cox, Scott Brown, DJ Paul Elstak, Laurent Garnier, Mental Theo & Charly Lownoise

I made the long trek to this party from Newcastle by myself…… when I arrived I was bored and tired…..but the thought of seeing Coxy on the decks woke me up…….i remember walking through the gate and seeing a wall of scaffolding….. DJ at the top……lights flicking about…….don’t remember it being rammed……maybe 500 people…..pretty poor attendance from memory………but the one thing that pissed me off was…….i could here myself breathing…..the music was so low……it was a fucking disgrace…..for christ sake if your going to spend a shit load of money on bringing over top DJ’s…… try to make sure people will be able to hear them…….i was sitting there sulking right fom the start thinking I have unloaded all this cash and driven fuck knows how many miles…..and I can’t hear a fucking thing…….bollocks…….Carl Cox put on a brave face and played a good set (I think) don’t remember much else ……but I do remember Laurent Garnier having a hissy fit and storming off……I assumed that it was because of the volume……but it could have been the fact that the music he plays had noting in common with anyone else on the flyer…….he’s french anyway so I didn’t give a fuck…….i packed up and fucked off back to Newcastle…..knowing I had just been robbed….last commercial rave I paid to go into……..I’m still angry.

Dreams - 21 January, 1995
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Futurescape - 14 January, 1995
Production:
Venue:Fitness Gym on Paramatta Rd, Auburn (I remember it as Granville)
Description:One of Astrix's parties
Spectrum +

What?! No Crossfader!

Times thanked
< 146

Quote:

Originally Posted by polanski

Just gave my review of "World Party"

Production:
Description: Carl Cox, Scott Brown, DJ Paul Elstak, Laurent Garnier, Mental Theo & Charly Lownoise

I made the long trek to this party from Newcastle by myself when I arrived I was bored and tired..but the thought of seeing Coxy on the decks woke me up.i remember walking through the gate and seeing a wall of scaffolding.. DJ at the toplights flicking about.dont remember it being rammedmaybe 500 people..pretty poor attendance from memorybut the one thing that pissed me off was.i could here myself breathing..the music was so lowit was a fucking disgrace..for christ sake if your going to spend a shit load of money on bringing over top DJs try to make sure people will be able to hear them.i was sitting there sulking right fom the start thinking I have unloaded all this cash and driven fuck knows how many miles..and I cant hear a fucking thing.bollocks.Carl Cox put on a brave face and played a good set (I think) dont remember much else but I do remember Laurent Garnier having a hissy fit and storming offI assumed that it was because of the volumebut it could have been the fact that the music he plays had noting in common with anyone else on the flyer.hes french anyway so I didnt give a fuck.i packed up and fucked off back to Newcastle..knowing I had just been robbed.last commercial rave I paid to go into..Im still angry.

Awesome review!
Spectrum +

What?! No Crossfader!

Times thanked
< 146

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucky 13

Hi old schoolers, my name is Gillian heard bout this thread on the Still Buggin website & just had to have a look. So glad I did, its amazing. I actaully kept a lot of the old Icon's & ThreeD World's from 93 & 94 along with a shitload of old flyers. I think its a brilliant idea to keep the history of the old days alive. Hope u guys dont mind if I add my 2 cents worth in on the format u have set.

Welcome to the club!

I've had a thought re the development of this most excellent Sydney rave archive...

May I suggest (and this is for everyone adding their much-appreciated anecdotes) that only the specific parties/date you're referring to are typed up in a post. No need to copy/paste/quote the entire list.

Why, you all ask?
- It'll make it easier for everyone to read through the recent additions.
- And it'll make Chizzle's task of formatting in pretty colours :blush: that much easier too.

With Donnie Darco's recent warehouse wonderings and Sasha_P's doco dilemma (Oh dear, who writes my scripts?!! ), this thread in itself will prove to be one of the best resources we have.

May the memories continue....
Spectrum +

What?! No Crossfader!

Times thanked
< 146
Another thought I had was for all the anecdotes to be credited back to each author, particularly given they contain personal accounts/experiences. Best to start now, before the lists get out of hand.

Anyway just a thought (Chizzle, pretty please! ).
lucky 13 +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Welcome to the club!

I've had a thought re the development of this most excellent Sydney rave archive...

May I suggest (and this is for everyone adding their much-appreciated anecdotes) that only the specific parties/date you're referring to are typed up in a post. No need to copy/paste/quote the entire list.

Why, you all ask?
- It'll make it easier for everyone to read through the recent additions.
- And it'll make Chizzle's task of formatting in pretty colours :blush: that much easier too.

With Donnie Darco's recent warehouse wonderings and Sasha_P's doco dilemma (Oh dear, who writes my scripts?!! ), this thread in itself will prove to be one of the best resources we have.

May the memories continue....

Thanks for the welcome. I have an idea, how bout i go back to what i added & make it a different colour to help differentiate it. Hopefully that will help....
lucky 13 +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucky 13

Hi old schoolers, my name is Gillian heard bout this thread on the Still Buggin website & just had to have a look. So glad I did, its amazing. I actaully kept a lot of the old Icon's & ThreeD World's from 93 & 94 along with a shitload of old flyers. I think its a brilliant idea to keep the history of the old days alive. Hope u guys dont mind if I add my 2 cents worth in on the format u have set.

The year was 1993... Updated 18/12/06

Fantazia NYE 93/94
Production:Fantazia & Clique Productions
DescriptionDJs Moby & Dave Angel) Shonky promotions, reasonable party, if only they had the numbers which failed to show after their rivalry amongst established Tribal crew whose party they sabotage on the same night.

Unity 94 NYE 93/94
Production:Tribal & DNA Productions
Venue:Wisemans Ferry
Description:As mentioned above this party was sabotaged. My friends & I were so pumped for this event & we had to drive from the Bankstown area to South Maroota, only to get there & find out it had been shut down (heard something later about the cops being tipped off so Fantazia could pull the crowd). Then not knowing what else was on we drove all the way back to Homebush to attend Fantazia. Needless to say this ruined my New Years experience!!!

RAT 200AD NYE 93/94
Production:
Description:

Production:

Freedom 2 Summer Bliss 4 December, 1993
Production:Bliss Productions

Production:
Venue:
Description:

Insight Out of Mind - 20 November, 1993
Production:A+A Productions (same team that put on the Prodigy parties)

Production:Technology Productions

Chaos 3 - 16 October, 1993
ProductionNA 23 Production

Venue:
Description:

Mixed beans 2 The Chocolate Factory- 2 October, 1993
Production:

Brainstorm - 25 September, 1993
Production:Snowflake Productions

Venue:
Description:First ever 3D glasses rave

Production:
Venue:
Description:

Prodigy 4 – outdoor - 7 & 8 August 1993
Production:A+A Productions
Venue:Pacific ParkWater-ski Gardens.Wisemans Ferry Rd, South Maroota
Was a fantastic night, despite the cold. Nothing like an outdoor raving experience.

Production:
Venue:
Description:

Production:
Venue:
Description:

Production:
Venue:
Description:

Production:
Venue:
Description:

Production:Technology Productions
Venue: Carpark, Artarmon
Description:

Love The Crowd II - 10 July, 1993
[color="darkgreen"]Production:Wicked Youth Productions
Venue:
Description:

Tribal's 1st Birthday - 3 July, 1993
Production:Tribal Productions
Venue:Burrows Rd Alexandria
Description:Celebrated my 21st Birthday at this event. UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE!!!

Production:Communist Party Productions

This next one is not actually a rave, but def deserves a mention.
Stuns 1st Birthday - 23 June, 1993
Production:Sound Reinforcement & Dave Coxon Productions
Venue:Neo Pharoah
Description:Legendary Club night & its 1st Birthday delivered BIG TIME!!!

Harmony - 19 June, 1993
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Enigma - 8 May, 1993
Production:Dave Coxon Productions

Tribal -The last Dance - 24 April, 1993
Venue:Burrows Rd Alexandria
Description:

Aztec II The Sequel - 10 April, 1993
Production:Children of the vortex
Venue:
Description:

Chaos - 10 April, 1993
Production:DNA Productions
Description: (DJ Lenny Dee) It was called off & never happened. Ended up at the Graffiti Hall Of Fame but I did not go to that…. i went home to bed…… instead of giving us our money back, they held a party the following week without Lenny Dee which is a shame because he is a fantastic DJ. Never the less, it was a great party. I remember some DJ, I think it was Nick TT, going real real hard on the crossfader. Nick TT always seemed a bit dodgy to me… but I have never met him so I can’t be sure.

Production:
Venue: At the amusement park situated in the exact location of Home nightclub, Cockle Bay Wharf now. Darling Harbour Fun Park
Description:Might be referring to one of the other Midnight Madness parties??? That’s where it was. Cool party got shut a little early. Was suprised it went as long as it did.

Subway - 27 March, 1993
Production:
Venue:An old railway tunnel (Chinatown area?)
Description:Got shut down

Love The Crowd - 27 March, 1993
Production:Wicked Youth Productions
Venue:Roof Top, Kings Cross
Description
:

Production:
Venue:
Description:

Production:Rover the Dog Productions
Venue:Camperdown
Description:Smallish production, the laser died early in the night. DJs were the regular Sydney crew, Ming, Abel, Sheen, Jumping Jack etc.
This was a great little party. The one thing I remember about this is in the morning when Dream Frequency's Take Me To The Top came on, this guy was standing on top of the speakers going absolutely ballistic.

Hyper-Active - 13 March, 1993
Production:Good Vibe Crew
Venue:Mascot
Description:Got shut down

Thiamine - 13 March, 1993
Production:
Venue: A pub on the cnr of chalmers & elizabeth st city
Description: Really small venue, but an awesome vibe.

Chapter II Odyssey of the Hartcore - 6 March, 1993
Production:Eternal Promotions & Renegade Productions
Description:Frank De Wulf played, was a bit disappointing.

Production:

Production:

Production:A+A Productions

The below 2 parties were both put on by Tribal Productions for the Australia Day Long Weekend. It was 1 Ticket = 2 Parties
Description: (Carl Cox & Dj Phantasy) One of the most mind blowing raves i went to. It was in dodgy warehouse in Ricketty Street Mascot (right next to the bridge on the left heading towards Sydenham....it's now a car park). There was a stack of speakers as tall as the roof in the shape of a pyramid when you first walked in. I don't think it was a huge venue, don't know who the first DJ was but he forgot his headphones so his mixing was a wee bit dodgy. The DJs wee not elevated for once, they were right there on the dancefloor. I was a very keen DJ trainspotter and i just remember that i was able to stand directly in front of Carl Cox for his whole set on 3 decks and watch him mix - fucking incredible - not too just hear him but too watch his every move was incredible. I remember he was going crazy on 3 decks and he was scratching and cutting and he knocked the needle off the record and everyone cheered and he just smiled and got on with it. The lights and overall effort by the promoter was shit but the fact the promoter couldn't be bothered to elevate the DJ made it an unforgettable party. Carl Cox also performed live… but that was bollocks.

Apocalypse - 23 January, 1993
Venue:
Description:

Summer Solstice - 23 January, 1993
Production:Krackerjack & Psychosis Productions
Venue:State Sports Centre Homebush
Description:Coxy played at this one & although it didnt pull a big crowd he went off. They had a life size
Stonehenge in the middle of the dance floor too!

Production:
Description:Either shutdown or poor attendance

Birth - 16 January, 1993
Production:
Venue:Pub in city
Description:Another small venue but friendly crowd & great vibe.

Follow The Sun - 9 January, 1993
Production:
Venue:Was meant to be at Parramatta Motor Racing Stadium but got moved to the State Sports Centre Homebush
Description: DreamFrequency played. Bad turnout, very dissapointing.

When I get a chance i will add to both 1992 & 1994.

I have just changed my additions to a different colour.. Hope this helps..

Last edited by lucky 13: 19-Dec-06 at 04:33pm

Chizzle +

Twisted Instigator

Times thanked
< 0
The year was... 1991

Please add in your details & descriptions (BIG DESCRIPTIONS PLEASE!)

RAT Party NYE - 1991/1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Welcome 92 NYE (Orbital) - 1991/1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Psychosis 2 - 7 December, 1991
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Happy Valley - 23 November, 1991
Production:
Venue:
Description:

MADchester - 13 September, 1991
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Psychosis - 29 August, 1991
Production:
Venue:
Description:

MADchester - 3 August, 1991
Production:
Venue:
Description:

All in the bubble of yum - 13 July, 1991
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Alchamy (Dj Ratty) - 23 April, 1991
Production:
Venue:
Description:
THINGS OWN YOU
Chizzle +

Twisted Instigator

Times thanked
< 0
The year was... 1992

Please add in your details & descriptions - we want to know everything about your night!

Production:
Venue:
Description:

Bacchanalia Hyperspace NYE - 1992/1993
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Welcome 93 NYE (Felix) - 1992/1993
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Happy valley 2 - 12 December, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Dawn - 28 November, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Ov Thee Earth Tribe - 21 November, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Sweet science 4 (Easygroove & Lisa) - 14 November, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Ecology - The Children of the Vortex (Grooverider.UK) - 31 October, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

E nerg E - 24 October, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Subcelestrial - 23 October, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Matrix - 3 October, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

After Birth - 25 September, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Space Cadet 2 - 18 September, year 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Sweet science 3 - 5 September, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Psychosis 3 - 29 August, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Green acres - 14 August, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Prodigy 2 - 8 August 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Funny Farm - 1 August, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Watch wyle u dance - 25 July, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Eon - 18 July, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Tribal - 4 July, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Does Your Mother Know? - 27 June, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Sub Zero - 13 June, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Orgasm - 13 June, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Beyond - 6 June, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Space Cadet - 29 May, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Mixed beans - 23 May, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Sweet Science 2 - 2 May, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Aztec (DJ Sasha) - 18 April 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Prodigy 1 - 11 April 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Krackerjack - 4 April, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Midnight madness - 22 February, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Children of the vortex (Sasha) - 18 January, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Birth - 16 January, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:
THINGS OWN YOU
Chizzle +

Twisted Instigator

Times thanked
< 0
The year was 1993... Updated 7/2/07

Please add in as much as you can, even if an event has already got a description. We wanna have as much of a record of what happened as we can...

-----

Fantazia NYE 93/94
Production: Fantazia & Clique Productions
Venue: State Sports Cenre, Homebush
Description: DJs Moby & Dave Angel) Shonky promotions, reasonable party, if only they had the numbers which failed to show after their rivalry amongst established Tribal crew whose party they sabotage on the same night.

Unity 94 NYE 93/94
Production: Tribal & DNA Productions
Venue: Wisemans Ferry
Description: As mentioned above this party was sabotaged. My friends & I were so pumped for this event & we had to drive from the Bankstown area to South Maroota, only to get there & find out it had been shut down (heard something later about the cops being tipped off so Fantazia could pull the crowd). Then not knowing what else was on we drove all the way back to Homebush to attend Fantazia. Needless to say this ruined my New Years experience!!!

RAT 200AD NYE 93/94
Production:
Venue: Horden Pavilion
Description:

Production:
Venue: A property down past Mittagong, off the Hume Hwy (damn, what's the road called?)

Freedom 2 Summer Bliss 4 December, 1993
Production: Bliss Productions
Venue: State Motor Museum, Pyrmont

Production:
Venue:
Description:

Insight Out of Mind - 20 November, 1993
Production: A+A Productions (same team that put on the Prodigy parties)
Venue: Alexandria, Same place as Crisis Point 2. Venue backed on to the canal
Description:

Production: Technology Productions
Description: Venue backed on to the canal.

Chaos 3 - 16 October, 1993
Production: NA 23 Production
Venue:
Description:

Mixed beans 2: The Chocolate Factory - 2 October, 1993
Production:
Description: A fun party with a chocolate for a ticket. The DJs/sound system were placed in the middle of the warehouse and the ravers partied in a 360 degree circle around the set-up. Was the same weekend as Sleaze Ball. I remember Jono from Tribal turning up in the morning with "sleaze" shaved in the back of his head

Brainstorm - 25 September, 1993
Production: Snowflake Productions
Venue:
Description: First ever 3D glasses rave

Production:
Venue:
Description:

Production: A+A Productions
Venue: Pacific Park Water-ski Gardens. Wisemans Ferry Rd, South Maroota
Description: My first party, and what a mind-blowing experience this was!!! Was a fantastic night, despite the cold. Nothing like an outdoor raving experience.

Greenacres 2 - 31 July, 1993
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Atmosphere 2nd Sight - 31 July, 1993
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Production:
Venue:
Description:

Space Camp 93 - 23 July, 1993
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Crisis Point - 10 July, 1993
Production: Technology Productions
Venue: Carpark, Artarmon
Description:

Love The Crowd II - 10 July, 1993
Production: Wicked Youth Productions
Venue:
Description:

Tribal's 1st Birthday - 3 July, 1993
Production: Tribal Productions
Venue: Burrows Rd Alexandria
Description: Celebrated my 21st Birthday at this event. UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE!!!

Production: Communist Party Productions
Venue: Some strange building on Foveaux St Surry Hills

Stuns 1st Birthday - 23 June, 1993
Production: Sound Reinforcement & Dave Coxon Productions
Venue: Neo Pharoah
Description: (not actually a rave, but def deserves a mention) Legendary Club night & its 1st Birthday delivered BIG TIME!!!

Harmony - 19 June, 1993
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Enigma - 8 May, 1993
Production: Dave Coxon Productions

Tribal -The last Dance - 24 April, 1993
Venue: Burrows Rd Alexandria
Description:

Aztec II The Sequel - 10 April, 1993
Production: Children of the Vortex
Venue:
Description:

Chaos - 10 April, 1993
Production: DNA Productions

Midnight Madness 2 - 3 April, 1993
Production:
Venue: At the amusement park situated in the exact location of Home Nightclub, Cockle Bay Wharf now. Darling Harbour Fun Park
Description: Might be referring to one of the other Midnight Madness parties??? Thats where it was. Cool party got shut a little early. Was suprised it went as long as it did.

Subway - 27 March, 1993
Production:
Venue: An old railway tunnel (Chinatown area?)
Description: Got shut down

Love The Crowd - 27 March, 1993
Production: Wicked Youth Productions
Venue: Roof Top, Kings Cross
Description:

Production:
Venue:
Description:

Description: Smallish production, the laser died early in the night. DJs were the regular Sydney crew, Ming, Abel, Sheen, Jumping Jack etc. This was a great little party. The one thing I remember about this is in the morning when Dream Frequency's Take Me To The Top came on, this guy was standing on top of the speakers going absolutely ballistic.

Hyper-Active - 13 March, 1993
Production: Good Vibe Crew
Venue: Mascot
Description: Got shut down

Thiamine - 13 March, 1993
Production:
Venue: A pub on the cnr of chalmers & elizabeth st city
Description: Really small venue, but an awesome vibe.

Chapter II Odyssey of the Hartcore - 6 March, 1993
Production: Eternal Promotions & Renegade Productions
Description: Frank De Wulf played, was a bit disappointing.

Field of Dreams - 27 February, 1993
Production:

Production:
Venue: At a much used warehouse on Botany Rd, Alexandria
Description:

Production: A+A Productions
Venue: Huge warehouse in Alexandria
Description: Big sound, crowd, lighting and police turnout in the morning. Legendary party as all the Prodigy parties were

The below 2 parties were both put on by Tribal Productions for the Australia Day Long Weekend. It was 1 Ticket = 2 Parties

Apocalypse - 23 January, 1993
Venue:
Description:

Summer Solstice - 23 January, 1993
Production: Krackerjack & Psychosis Productions
Venue: State Sports Centre Homebush
Description: Coxy played at this one & although it didnt pull a big crowd he went off. They had a life size Stonehenge in the middle of the dance floor too!

Production:
Description: Either shutdown or poor attendance

Birth - 16 January, 1993
Production:
Venue: Pub in city
Description: Another small venue but friendly crowd & great vibe.

Follow The Sun - 9 January, 1993
Production:
Venue: Was meant to be at Parramatta Motor Racing Stadium but got moved to the State Sports Centre Homebush
Description: Dream Frequency played. Bad turnout, very dissapointing.

Last edited by Chizzle: 07-Feb-07 at 04:36pm

Chizzle +

Twisted Instigator

Times thanked
< 0
The year was... 1994

Please add in your details and descriptions!

Prodigy 6 NYE - 1994/1995
Production:
Venue: Warehouse near Rosehill Racecourse, get off the train at Clyde. Nearby was arched pedestrian walkway, over the mainroad, which led to a service station.
Description:

Dyewitness (Dyewitness & the Nightraver.Scottland) - 24 December 1994
Production:
Venue: Crazy barracks-like building, with high stone walls surrounding the grounds, and an inner castle like sanctum for the party, near Taylor Square, Dalinghurst. Superb venue. Has been discussed before on here. Owned by a Uni?
Description:

Magik Mountain - 10 December, 1994
Production:
Venue:
Description: If it's the party I'm thinking of, it was put on by a great guy called Atilla and his girlfriend at the time (cute li'l asian girl whose name I've forgotton now), up at the Katoomba Community Centre (right on the main street). Paul Holden played. Good fun, and unfortunately shut down by police at around 3am.

Alfebet Soup - 10 December, 1994
Production:
Venue: Alexandria maybe? Or was it the bar under the Pacific Power Building? Not sure???
Description:

MDMA (Ultrasonic.Scotland) 3 December, 1994
Production:
Venue: Was this one Eastern Creek Raceway?
Description:

Passion - 19 November, 1994
Production: FLC Productions
Venue: A pub in the city. But which one???
Description:

Star Wars (Joey Beltram.UK) - 19 November, 1994
Production:
Venue: Hardcore Cafe
Description:

Solidarity - 18 November, 1994
Production:
Venue:
Description:

We want to be free - 12 November, 1994
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Level X (Colin Dale.UK) - 22 October, 1994
Production:
Venue: Held at fitness gym on Paramatta Rd, Auburn
Description: Put on by DJ Insomniac (who was dating no other than High-5 Kelly at the time). Was great rave mates with one of the crew Scott, if anyone knows him?

Labyrinth 3 - 1 October, 1994
Production:
Venue:
Description:

PleasureDome (Dj Slipmatt.UK) - 24 September, 1994
Production:
Venue: Massive warehouse down Campbeltown way
Description:

Bulb and Away - 17 September, 1994
Production:
Venue: At the club with the long staircase up, right next door to the original Sublime club on Pitt St. That's right kiddies, Sublime.
Description: Cute name, even cuter T-shirts! The club *we* owned before you were born and found it later run at a night at Home where you and your Subbies Random Crew Voodoo Children buddies go and demand your precious 'hardstyle' be played alongside Sasha & Digweed just 'cause "we're on your territory". WTF?!!!

Peak -9th September 1994 (?)
Production:
Venue: carpark off Parammata Rd, Broadway.
Description: I remember this date fondly as it's the party I met (however only for a moment) my now-wife. The night before, on the Friday, we'd trekked down to Canberra for a party on the lawns of the ANU, followed by a recovery at some random Canberrian's place in the 'burbs where the police rocked up, walked in, and discovered 15 or so ravers donning sunglasses, bathing in the morning sunshine in the courtyard out the back. Awesome!!! So anyway, then came Peak on the Saturday night, so by Sunday morning, I was feeling a little worse for wear! Ended up going back to my now-wife's place in Surry Hills with friends, whacking Dyewitness' "The Future" on the player in the bedroom, dancing like a wildman until I disturbed her flatmates through the wooden floorboard, and then proceeded to fall asleep on her bed. Made it up to by offering her a lift to Pleasuredome a couple of weeks later. The wheels were now in motion... hehe... Hmmm... now forgotten what the Canberra party was called. Paul Holden played.

Jurassic Rave (Lenny Dee.USA) - 27 August, 1994
Production:
Venue: Agincourt / Hardcore Cafe
Description: Geoff Da Chef was playing in the "chillout" with his hand rotating the spindle of the decks just cause the music he was playing wasn't hard or fast enough on its own accord! Cool party. I think Jade played a morning set? With Spellbound just prior, which reminds me, also the party where I'd fallen in love with Hardsequencer's "The Dance Nation" with the "People of all nations, dancing together" and I had to run up to Kate (JRA) and get the name of the track, which I think she mistitled "Raging Wild Fire" (from the opening sample), and this entire conversation made a later episode of JRA. Hey, I was now e-famous!

Colossuss (Transformer 2.Belgium & Dave Angel.UK) - 20 August, 1994
Production:
Venue: State Sports Centre, Homebush.
Description: What a party. Seemed so commercial at the time, and now we have parties the likes of Field Day. Question: Is it true that the proceeds taken on the night were lost/stolen in the morning? Amazing lighting rig on the main hall, fantastic colour lazer in the smaller second hall.

Itchy & Scratchie (Charley Low Noise & Mental Theo.US) - 16 July, 1994
Production:
Venue:
Description: Not sure, however Charley Low Noise and Mental Theo made a suprise appearance to play at Sundaze @ The Pavillion (Pav) Hotel on the Sunday night. These were 'wondeful days'. Boom-tish!

Creation - 25 June, 1994
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Mindspace - 25 June, 1994
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Roger Ramjet - 18 June, 1994
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Space Cadet 33 1/3 - 28 May, 1994
Production:
Venue: located at a warehouse on Botany Rd, Alexandria, just near the Grafitti Hall Of Fame
Description: Police came and shut it down around 2am, but not before they were locked out, ravers were locked in, and the sound system cranked! After being moved on, we stumbled across a Vibe Tribe (feral) party at Sydney Park, bottom end of King St, St Peters . Now there's special venue.

Mayday (Hardsequencer & Mijk van dijk. UK) - 21 May, 1994
Production:
Venue: Staged in the smaller of the two halls at the State Sports Centre, Homebush. (Refer Collosus above).
Description:

Astro Boy - 14 May, 1994
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Tribal - The Last Dance - 24 April, 1994
Production:
Venue: Was this one Alexandria or down at Kernel/Botany?
Description:

Astral Flight - 16 April, 1994
Production:
Venue:
Description: Hmmm... not sure, but may have been a Alexandria warehouse, used for TV/Film/Photoshoots as up one end behind the DJ, the walls joined the floor without a seam (like a skateboard ramp). Might have been a different party???

Universe - 9 April, 1994
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Prodigy 5 - 2 April, 1994
Production:
Venue: A warehouse somewhere hidden amongst the industrial buildings of Homebush.
Description: Wow! What a party! One of the best! The only party (out of three) that managed to go ahead that Easter Weekend. Claimed to have assembled the largest sound system of 500,000 Watts!!!

Bonzai - 30 March, 1994
Production:
Venue: Was a Crisis party??? Alexandria way???
Description:

Alfebet Soup - 26 March, 1994
Production:
Venue: Already mentioned, though this date appears more correct. Again, thinking Alexandria
Description:

Heaven (Josh Abrahams, FSOM, The Spiritualist & Laurent Garnier.UK) - 5 March, 1994
Production:
Venue: Something makes me think Metropolis, North Sydney (or is that 'cause they ran a regular night of the same name?)
Description:

Speedracer - 5 March, 1994
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Dune - 29 January, 1994
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Carl Cox Mania - 22 January, 1994
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Night of the living apple heads - 15 January, 1994
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Unity (NYE make up party) - 8 January, 1994
Production:
Venue:
Description: Following the promoter rivalry debacle that was NYE'93, this party was staged the weekend afterwards at Metropolis, North Sydney
Chizzle +

Twisted Instigator

Times thanked
< 0
The year was 1995... PART 1 Updated 07/02/07

---

Carnival Ov Thee Mind - 12 June, 1995
Production:
Venue: train carriages of Redfern/Alexandria?
Description:

Every Picture Tells a Story (Ultrasonic) - 10 June, 1995
Production:
Venue:
Description: (Guests: Meat Beat Manifesto)

Technocolour - 10 June, 1995
Production: Technoise
Venue: An indoor cricket centre somewhere out west...
Description: (Guests: Rob Gee, USA; Hocus Pocus; Hood & Loon; UK) The ticket came with a complementary video. The party had two rooms, one main room and one second "jungle" room

MDMA 2 - 3 June, 1995
Production:
Venue: Richmond Rowing Club
Description: (Guests: Ultrasonic & Alien Factory) Regarded as one of the best Sydney raves of all time

Space Cadet 4 - 27 May, 1995
Production:
Venue: Warehouse in Leumeah
Description: (Guest: DJ Denmark) Had a really cool flyer that you could fold into something, but ended up in a dirty venue (go-kart track?), and not a huge crowd. I can't remember much about this party apart from snapping a lot of photos of the "lasers" which ended up being photos of the ceiling... duh

Dumbo (Angus, QLD) - 27 May, 1995
Production:
Venue: El Caballo Blanco
Description: Good party, with acrobatic gymnastic display surprise at midnight! Sad that it didn't get the numbers, and so the promoter whose house had been re-mortgaged to fund it faced a loss.

Mayday - 20 May, 1995
Production:
Venue:
Description: Smaller hall of the State Sports Centre, Homebush

Emagine - 13 May, 1995
Production:
Venue:
Description: (Guest: Easygroove, UK)

Raveland - 6 May 1995
Production: Candy Flip
Venue: Graffiti Hall of Fame, Botany Road, Alexandria
Description: The night where someone got shot in the ass!

A Perfect World - 22 April, 1995
Production: Buck Rogers Ravers
Venue: Giant warehouse, Wetherill Park/or Canley Vale?
Description: Guests: Infusion. Seeing Infusion this night was one of the inspirational moments that saw me take up music production seriously. A bit different from their style today, back then Infusion had a strong German trance sound. Seriously fantastic, and to watch it take place without a record (or CD) in sight and I was spellbound. The hardcore room was made of shipping containers! The chill out was seriously cool - loads of couches and bean bags, live graffiti and those big soft clouds hanging in the sky I mean from the roof... Fucking ace party, one of my all time favs.

Prodigy 7 - 15 April, 1995 Is this date correct?
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Smurf Village 2 - 1 April, 1995
Production:
Venue: Warehouse in Ingelburn
Description: It was in a marquee outside a warehouse, in the industrial area... I remember this very clearly - and i frozen my ass off walking back to the station in the morning.. To jog your memories the Dance Floor was slanted - sucked at the time but in retrospect it was a quiet funny.

The Happiest People in the World - 18 March, 1995
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Field of Dreams 3 - 4 March, 1995
Production:
Venue: Alexandria Basketball Stadium
Description: Such a great night... looking back I thought Alexandria Basketball Stadium was HUGE but it's really quite small. The way I remember you'd think there were 10,000 people there, when there was probably 3,000. Awesome laser show and dancers.

Quiddity - 25 February, 1995
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Sunrise - Freedom 3 - 18 February, 1995
Production:
Venue: A property down past Mittagong, off the Hume Hw
Description: Same outdoor property as Happy Valley 3. Almost didn't happen after promoter Brett Betroot got cold feet on the day, and so it ended up that Papa Smurf Jason, Karen and the Smurf Village crew banded together to make it happen. A little disjointed in the end, however great to be out and about with good friends away from the city.

The Empire Strikes Back - 11 February, 1995
Production:
Venue: Agincourt/Hardcore Cafe, or was that the Star Wars party? Or both?
Description:

Crisis Point 3 - 4 February, 95
Production:
Venue: Warehouse down Campbeltown way
Description: Very perculiar circumstances surrounded this party. Was Crisis in jail only months eariler? Was he let out on goood behaviour just for this party? Did that explain the breathtesting roadblocks each side of the venue? And the uniformed police, rangers, and plainclothed "grown ups" at around 3am who surrounded me at the phone box inside the service station next door who I then heard to say, "Ok, we've got him", after which I slowly hung up my phone, and edge my way past these 5 or so official looking people, who let me leave without intervention? I then ran back to the party, losing my sunglasses case (and supply) along the way. That Sunday night, back at Sundaze at the Pav (Pavillion Hotel), the place was full of awkward-looking non-raver types who were watching the goings on, and signaling each other. Of course, I could have just been paranoid!

Production:
One account... I made the long trek to this party from Newcastle by myself. when I arrived I was bored and tired..but the thought of seeing Coxy on the decks woke me up.i remember walking through the gate and seeing a wall of scaffolding.. DJ at the toplights flicking about.dont remember it being rammedmaybe 500 people..pretty poor attendance from memorybut the one thing that pissed me off was.i could here myself breathing..the music was so lowit was a fucking disgrace..for christ sake if your going to spend a shit load of money on bringing over top DJs try to make sure people will be able to hear them.i was sitting there sulking right fom the start thinking I have unloaded all this cash and driven fuck knows how many miles..and I cant hear a fucking thing.bollocks.Carl Cox put on a brave face and played a good set (I think) dont remember much else but I do remember Laurent Garnier having a hissy fit and storming offI assumed that it was because of the volumebut it could have been the fact that the music he plays had noting in common with anyone else on the flyer.hes french anyway so I didnt give a fuck.i packed up and fucked off back to Newcastle..knowing I had just been robbed.last commercial rave I paid to go into..Im still angry.

Dreams - 21 January, 1995
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Futurescape - 14 January, 1995
Production:
Venue: Fitness Gym on Paramatta Rd, Auburn (I remember it as Granville)
Description: One of Asterix's parties
Chizzle +

Twisted Instigator

Times thanked
< 0
The year was... 1995 PART 2 updated 07/02/07

---

Global NYE (Dyewitness.Holland) - NYE 1995/1996
Production:
Venue: Centennial Basketball Stadium, Minto
Description:

PleasureDome NYE - 1995/1996
Production: Buck Rogers ravers
Venue:
Description:

Insanity NYE - 1995/1996
Production:
Description: A dodgey albeit fun night down at the good ol' Graf Hall of Fame. I ran around the whole night with my supply stashed in a Crocodile hand puppet and had everyone fool *evil laf*. Most people spilled out onto the street outside and across the road into the wee hours of the morning...

A Dream Come True - 23 December, 1995
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Happy Valley 4 - 15,16,17 December, 1995
Production:
Venue: Mangrove Mountain, Colo River Way
Description: DJs Hendrix, Germany; Ray Castle, Japan; Nick Prana, UK) Had to look for the signpost to "Tom's BBQ". Too bad the court injunction during the day (the council must have been keen to arrange a special sitting on a Saturday) meant the rangers and police were keen to put a stop to it. By midnight, with bonfires, teepees, and lighting going, yet still no ok on the sound, the early ravers parked their cars in a group, popped their boots, and blared out Triple J's Mix-up in unison! Then we had the PA back on, then off, then on, then off for good, despite the best efforts of our own personal rave lawyer hired specially for the ocassion. Police conceded it would be plain stupid to force everyone back onto the long road home in the middle of the night, so we were allowed to stay on the property. I have some great photos of us all in the morning sunrise. bring on the pics!

Eclipse 95 (Ultrasonic) - 9 December, 1995
Production:
Venue: Centennial Basketball Stadium, Minto
Description:

Smurf Village 3 - 2 December, 1995
Production:
Venue: Appin Scout Park
Description: (DJs Ultimate Buzz; Angus, QLD & Chris Fresh, ACT) I had a ticket but couldn't get there (16, no car, and trying to get from the 'Gong to Appin by public transport back then was a real shit). One of my biggest regrets because my fav HHC tune ever is 'Rock That Body" by Ultimate Buzz and I think it must be jinxed for me because I never seemed to be able to rock out on the dancefloor when it got played...

Brave New World - 25 November, 1995
Production: Buck Rogers Ravers
Venue: Farm Paddock in Peats Ridge
Description: (Guests: Sequential One & MC Spacekid, Germany) I'll never forget that party for the sheer amount of cow shit all over the dance floor - everywhere!

Awesomething - 18, 19, 20 November, 1995
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Skool of Hardknox - 4 November, 1995
Production:
Venue: Sky Bar, Redfern
Description: Hilarious hardcore party... thank you Geoff Da Chef for keeping hardcore kicking in 95 - the theme tune for the night would have to have been "AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE AN ALCOHOLIK PARTY". From memory the place was covered in black plastic and dripping with sweat!!!

Smile Again - 4 November, 1995
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Peace Train (Quench) - 28 October, 1995
Production: Candy Flip Productions
Venue: Mitchell Go-Karts, 38 Essington Street Mitchell (Canberra)
Description: The party that had to be moved from Sydney to Canberra because a sydney venue void of shutdown could not be found. Us Canberra kiddies couldn't believe our luck! Awesome props - but Candy Flip always did the best decore!

Full steam ahead - 26 October, 1995
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Rave Nation - 21 October, 1995
Production:
Description:

Apache - 21 October, 1995
Production:
Venue: The Phonecian Club, Broadway
Description: The infamous rave that Anne Wood attended before she died of ecstasy-related causes.

3 Deck Nitro - 14 October, 1995
Production: NSW Teachers Club, Sydney CBD
Venue:
Description:

Venue: Glebe Silos
Description: This time round the place stank like shit!! but the party was awesome..

Once Upon A Sundaze - 1 October, 1995
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Thunderdome - 30 September, 1995
Production: Technoise
Venue: Saloon Bar (now Apia Club) Parramatta Rd Camperdown
Description: DreamTeam aka Buzz Fuzz, Gizmo, The Prophet, Dano, and DJ Lady Dames [Dana]) The cops came and tear-gased the place because there were some many people spreading onto parramatta Rd. It made front page of the Sunday papers the next morning.

Sonic - 26 September, 1995
Production:
Venue: Oracle Laser Company's warehouse in Brookvale
Description: There seemed to be a lot more going on outside the venue than inside... there was quite a bit of crime outside the party.

Brainstorm - 25 September, 1995
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Smile - 19 September, 1995
Production:
Venue: Liechardt PCYC, Norton St Liechardt
Description:

Green Eggs & Ham - 16 September, 1995
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Middle Earth - 9 September, 1995
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Passion 3 aka Obsession - 9 September, 1995
Venue:
Description: what was with our obsession with Ultrasonic's "Obsession" back then?!!

Zero Hour - 2 September, 1995
Production:
Venue: Angel Place Golfing Range, CBD
Description: It was pissing down rain that night and only a small part of the party was covered. Still, I had one of the best nights of my life there!

Children of the Hardcore 3 - 12 August, 1995
Production:
Venue: Recycled Garbage, Marrickville
Description:

In Search of Kaya - 29 July, 1995
Production:
Venue:
Description: (DJ Jon Hardy, Canada)

Children of the Hardcore - 22 July, 1995 Anyone have a date for COTHC 2???
Production:
Venue: Hardcore Cafe, Broadway
Description:

Futurescape 2 aka Dream Flight - 22 July, 1995
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Utopia - 15 July, 1995
Production: Powerhouse Productions
Venue: he small room of Centennial Basketball Stadium, Minto
Description: The first Utopia/Powerhouse Party. Apparently half the DJs didn't turn up. It's amazing the Utopia juggernaut came from such humble beginnings...

Freelove 95 - 8 July, 1995
Production:
Venue: Blackmarket Nightclub on Regent Street Chippendale
Description:

Eckythump - 1 July, 1995
Description: A very small, tight knit & friendly crowd. Awesome night in arguably the best venue ever used in Sydney.
Chizzle +

Twisted Instigator

Times thanked
< 0
Hi Everyone,

I have created lists for 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994 and 1995 (soon to be followed by 1996 onwards). The format I'm trying to use is:

PARTY NAME
Production:
Venue:
Description:

----

How to add info:
- Add in as much info as you can. The more info, the clearer the picture of each party will become.
- Try not to write things like "Awesome party" or "Great night". Write your real experience.
- Please add your username in brackets so we know who's experience was who's. For example:

Description: This time round the place stank like shit!! but the party was awesome.
- People were climbing up and down the ladders, dancing on balconies above the dancefloor (Chizzle)

---

This list could be a really awesome history of raves in Sydney, so make your experiences count!

Cheers,

Chiz

PS: don't worry, if the lists get messy, I'll try to clean it up
Spectrum +

What?! No Crossfader!

Times thanked
< 146
Love your work, as always, Chiz.
Bella +

=BellaBoogaloo=

Times thanked
< 1
First the Jade mp3's and now I find this list... what a wicked day - thanks Chiz

I'll pull out some of my school diaries (when I go to mum's next) that have all of the events, dates & even the flyers in them and fill in some more blanks
Tweet Tweet! Bella Boogaloo on Twitter

Tumbl This! Haircrash

or Tumbl This! Kicks n Geeky Shit
Chizzle +

Twisted Instigator

Times thanked
< 0
I wish I'd kept diaries back then!!!
polanski +

Times thanked
< 0
Greetings all......."The Magic Roundabout" back in 1992......anyone know the date or have a flyer......this was one of the best raves i went too...........if no one knows the date i will just slot it in somewhere in 1992..........cheers all
fuziwuzi +

soup

Times thanked
< 3,206

Quote:

Production:
Venue:
Description: If it's the party I'm thinking of, it was put on by a great guy called Atilla and his girlfriend at the time (cute li'l asian girl whose name I've forgotton now), up at the Katoomba Community Centre (right on the main street). Paul Holden played. Good fun, and unfortunately shut down by police at around 3am.

Production: crayola kids productions
Venue: katoomba community centre

lol that was my first rave. i studied at the blue mountains hotel management school with attila and bell (i think that was her name). he got me into raving. i remember phoenix (the three deck legend played) and nik fish. i remember being gutted cause george vagas showed up at 5am-ish, but it had been shut down and they had to send him home, i so wanted to see him play. agreed it was a good night, i had a blast.

chiz, did u know attila, do u know what has happened to him now? i left sydney after completing the course and lost contact with everyone

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

so it turned out that, yes, there will be dogs

Chizzle +

Twisted Instigator

Times thanked
< 0
The year was... 1992 Updated 12/2/2007

Please add in your details & descriptions - we want to know everything about your night! Be sure to add your name after your decrsiption so we know who's who too!

Production:
Venue:
Description:

Bacchanalia Hyperspace NYE - 1992/1993
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Welcome 93 NYE (Felix) - 1992/1993
Production:
Venue: State Sports Centre Homebush
Description:
- What a great party to bring the new year in to. The one thing I'll never forget about this rave was when at one point in the night me & some friends were just hanging out in the carpark chillin out when I noticed this guy who looked like he was actually floating along & he was absolutely covered in sweat. Anyway he kept on doing laps of the carpark asking people if he could have a hug. Finally cause I felt sorry for him that no one offered to hug him, I did even though I got his sweat all over me!! Funnily enough we ran into each other at the next few parties (he was minus the sweat thank god) & then we became good friends & use to hang out at raves over the next few years. (Thirteen)

Happy valley 2 - 12 December, 1992
Production:
Venue: Shell Harbour
Description:
- It had a really great set up, awesome DJ's & the music was loud as. Unfortunately the night didnt go as was planned. Due to the location of the event the music carried over the cliffs to the homes below & the cops turned up. The first time they did the music was turned off only to then be turned back on when they left. Obviously they returned to completely close down the event. I found out about the devastating news of the fatal car crash the next day along with my parents who when reading the article in the paper & then later seeing it on the news asked if I knew that people took drugs there. My answer was of course I didnt. (Thirteen)

Dawn - 28 November, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Venue: Glebe Wheat Silos
Description:
- For those of you who were lucky enough to go to an event held here you know what I mean when I say mindblowing venue!!! They had animation (from memory sonic the hedgehog) across a huge wall in one section & even a guy dressed up as Elvis & singing his songs in another! It was the biggest trip ever. Still to this day when I drive over the Glebe island bridge I cant believe I went to an illegal rave there. SPINOUT. (Thirteen)

Sweet science 4 (Easygroove & Lisa) - 14 November, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Ecology - The Children of the Vortex (Grooverider.UK) - 31 October, 1992
Production: The Children of the Vortex Productions
Venue: Pacific Park Water-Ski Gardens, Wisemans Ferry Road, South Maroota
Description:
- My first ever Outdoor experience & it was held in a huge circus tent. Two of the guys I went with actually took a chess board in with them & set it up on one of the back podiums & played chess for hours by torchlight! Even stranger was one of them had his pet spider in a big glass jar next to him while he was playing. I couldnt stop laughing everytime some punter would wander over for a look & saw what they were doing hehe. (Thirteen)

E nerg E - 24 October, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Subcelestrial - 23 October, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Meeting Of The Minds - 17 October, 1992
Production: Krackerjack Productions
Venue: Warehouse in Mascot
Description:
- My initiation into the rave scene. My brother had gone to a few already & I begged him to take me to one, so this was it. The biggest thing that stood out for me apart from the brilliant vibe & amazing music was in the morning when the party finished at around 7 am I was walking out saying to my brother the stuff you gave me didnt work! He turned around & said, "Gill its 7 in the morning, you've been dancing non stop for over 7 hours, what do you mean it didnt work!!!" Ha ha. (Thirteen)

Matrix - 3 October, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

After Birth - 25 September, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Space Cadet 2 - 18 September, year 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Sweet science 3 - 5 September, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Production:
Venue:
Description:

Green acres - 14 August, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Prodigy 2 - 8 August 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Funny Farm - 1 August, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Production:
Venue:
Description:

Eon - 18 July, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Tribal - 4 July, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Does Your Mother Know? - 27 June, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Sub Zero - 13 June, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Orgasm - 13 June, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Beyond - 6 June, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Space Cadet - 29 May, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Production:
Venue:
Description:

Sweet Science 2 - 2 May, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Aztec (DJ Sasha) - 18 April 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Prodigy 1 - 11 April 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Krackerjack - 4 April, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Midnight madness - 22 February, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Children of the vortex (Sasha) - 18 January, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Birth - 16 January, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:
Chizzle +

Twisted Instigator

Times thanked
< 0
The year was... 1994 Updated 12/2/2007

Please add in your details and descriptions!

Prodigy 6 NYE - 1994/1995
Production:
Venue: Warehouse near Rosehill Racecourse, get off the train at Clyde. Nearby was arched pedestrian walkway, over the mainroad, which led to a service station.
Description:

Dyewitness (Dyewitness & the Nightraver.Scottland) - 24 December 1994
Production:
Venue: Crazy barracks-like building, with high stone walls surrounding the grounds, and an inner castle like sanctum for the party, near Taylor Square, Dalinghurst. Superb venue. Has been discussed before on here. Owned by a Uni?
Description:

Production: crayola kids productions
Venue: katoomba community centre
Description:
- If it's the party I'm thinking of, it was put on by a great guy called Atilla and his girlfriend at the time (cute li'l asian girl whose name I've forgotton now), up at the Katoomba Community Centre (right on the main street). Paul Holden played. Good fun, and unfortunately shut down by police at around 3am. (Spectrum)
- lol that was my first rave. i studied at the blue mountains hotel management school with attila and bell (i think that was her name). he got me into raving. i remember phoenix (the three deck legend played) and nik fish. i remember being gutted cause george vagas showed up at 5am-ish, but it had been shut down and they had to send him home, i so wanted to see him play. agreed it was a good night, i had a blast. (FuziWuzi)

Alfebet Soup - 10 December, 1994
Production:
Venue: Alexandria maybe? Or was it the bar under the Pacific Power Building? Not sure???
Description:

MDMA (Ultrasonic.Scotland) 3 December, 1994
Production:
Venue: Was this one Eastern Creek Raceway?
Description:

Passion - 19 November, 1994
Venue: A pub in the city. But which one???
Description:

Star Wars (Joey Beltram.UK) - 19 November, 1994
Production:
Venue: Hardcore Cafe
Description:

Solidarity - 18 November, 1994
Production:
Venue:
Description:

We want to be free - 12 November, 1994
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Level X (Colin Dale.UK) - 22 October, 1994
Production:
Venue: Held at fitness gym on Paramatta Rd, Auburn
Description: Put on by DJ Insomniac (who was dating no other than High-5 Kelly at the time). Was great rave mates with one of the crew Scott, if anyone knows him?

Labyrinth 3 - 1 October, 1994
Production:
Venue:
Description:

PleasureDome (Dj Slipmatt.UK) - 24 September, 1994
Production:
Venue: Massive warehouse down Campbeltown way
Description:

Bulb and Away - 17 September, 1994
Production:
Venue: At the club with the long staircase up, right next door to the original Sublime club on Pitt St. That's right kiddies, Sublime.
Description: Cute name, even cuter T-shirts! The club *we* owned before you were born and found it later run at a night at Home where you and your Subbies Random Crew Voodoo Children buddies go and demand your precious 'hardstyle' be played alongside Sasha & Digweed just 'cause "we're on your territory". WTF?!!!

Peak -9th September 1994 (?)
Production:
Venue: carpark off Parammata Rd, Broadway.
Description: I remember this date fondly as it's the party I met (however only for a moment) my now-wife. The night before, on the Friday, we'd trekked down to Canberra for a party on the lawns of the ANU, followed by a recovery at some random Canberrian's place in the 'burbs where the police rocked up, walked in, and discovered 15 or so ravers donning sunglasses, bathing in the morning sunshine in the courtyard out the back. Awesome!!! So anyway, then came Peak on the Saturday night, so by Sunday morning, I was feeling a little worse for wear! Ended up going back to my now-wife's place in Surry Hills with friends, whacking Dyewitness' "The Future" on the player in the bedroom, dancing like a wildman until I disturbed her flatmates through the wooden floorboard, and then proceeded to fall asleep on her bed. Made it up to by offering her a lift to Pleasuredome a couple of weeks later. The wheels were now in motion... hehe... Hmmm... now forgotten what the Canberra party was called. Paul Holden played.

Jurassic Rave (Lenny Dee.USA) - 27 August, 1994
Production:
Venue: Agincourt / Hardcore Cafe
Description: Geoff Da Chef was playing in the "chillout" with his hand rotating the spindle of the decks just cause the music he was playing wasn't hard or fast enough on its own accord! Cool party. I think Jade played a morning set? With Spellbound just prior, which reminds me, also the party where I'd fallen in love with Hardsequencer's "The Dance Nation" with the "People of all nations, dancing together" and I had to run up to Kate (JRA) and get the name of the track, which I think she mistitled "Raging Wild Fire" (from the opening sample), and this entire conversation made a later episode of JRA. Hey, I was now e-famous!

Colossuss (Transformer 2.Belgium & Dave Angel.UK) - 20 August, 1994
Production:
Venue: State Sports Centre, Homebush.
Description: What a party. Seemed so commercial at the time, and now we have parties the likes of Field Day. Question: Is it true that the proceeds taken on the night were lost/stolen in the morning? Amazing lighting rig on the main hall, fantastic colour lazer in the smaller second hall.

Itchy & Scratchie (Charley Low Noise & Mental Theo.US) - 16 July, 1994
Production:
Venue:
Description: Not sure, however Charley Low Noise and Mental Theo made a suprise appearance to play at Sundaze @ The Pavillion (Pav) Hotel on the Sunday night. These were 'wondeful days'. Boom-tish!

Creation - 25 June, 1994
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Mindspace - 25 June, 1994
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Roger Ramjet - 18 June, 1994
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Space Cadet 33 1/3 - 28 May, 1994
Production:
Venue: located at a warehouse on Botany Rd, Alexandria, just near the Grafitti Hall Of Fame
Description: Police came and shut it down around 2am, but not before they were locked out, ravers were locked in, and the sound system cranked! After being moved on, we stumbled across a Vibe Tribe (feral) party at Sydney Park, bottom end of King St, St Peters . Now there's special venue.

Mayday (Hardsequencer & Mijk van dijk. UK) - 21 May, 1994
Production:
Venue: Staged in the smaller of the two halls at the State Sports Centre, Homebush. (Refer Collosus above).
Description:

Astro Boy - 14 May, 1994
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Tribal - The Last Dance - 24 April, 1994
Production:
Venue: Was this one Alexandria or down at Kernel/Botany?
Description:

Astral Flight - 16 April, 1994
Production:
Venue:
Description: Hmmm... not sure, but may have been a Alexandria warehouse, used for TV/Film/Photoshoots as up one end behind the DJ, the walls joined the floor without a seam (like a skateboard ramp). Might have been a different party???

Universe - 9 April, 1994
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Prodigy 5 - 2 April, 1994
Production:
Venue: A warehouse somewhere hidden amongst the industrial buildings of Homebush.
Description: Wow! What a party! One of the best! The only party (out of three) that managed to go ahead that Easter Weekend. Claimed to have assembled the largest sound system of 500,000 Watts!!!

Bonzai - 30 March, 1994
Production:
Venue: Was a Crisis party??? Alexandria way???
Description:

Alfebet Soup - 26 March, 1994
Production:
Venue: Already mentioned, though this date appears more correct. Again, thinking Alexandria
Description:

Heaven (Josh Abrahams, FSOM, The Spiritualist & Laurent Garnier.UK) - 5 March, 1994
Production:
Venue: Something makes me think Metropolis, North Sydney (or is that 'cause they ran a regular night of the same name?)
Description:

Speedracer - 5 March, 1994
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Dune - 29 January, 1994
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Carl Cox Mania - 22 January, 1994
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Night of the living apple heads - 15 January, 1994
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Unity (NYE make up party) - 8 January, 1994
Production:
Venue:
Description: Following the promoter rivalry debacle that was NYE'93, this party was staged the weekend afterwards at Metropolis, North Sydney

Last edited by Chizzle: 12-Feb-07 at 10:49pm

Chizzle +

Twisted Instigator

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuziwuzi

chiz, did u know attila, do u know what has happened to him now? i left sydney after completing the course and lost contact with everyone

Not by name...maybe by face. I'm hopeless with names really!
Spectrum +

What?! No Crossfader!

Times thanked
< 146
The unknown on the Magic Mountain (Attila) party was me.
Chizzle +

Twisted Instigator

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

The unknown on the Magic Mountain (Attila) party was me.

I fixed it for ya

If anyone has contributed previously and I don't have your name in with your description, let me know.

Chiz
Spectrum +

What?! No Crossfader!

Times thanked
< 146
Jump back to my first few posts in this thread where I rattled off plenty from 93 to 95.
paulV +

locked.loaded

Times thanked
< 0
Right, i've been thinking about this project for ages. A site listing the heyday of sydney (and austrlalian) parties.

I'm a web developer so there's no problem there. I've always wondered whether others would be interested in logging their fond and ever increasingly fuzzy memories of the times that made us smile so very much. I guess i have my answer now.

I know everytime i come to this oldschool forum and get taken back my eyes glaze over. So some on, tell me its a good idea and its done. Event listings, flyer uploads, blogs per event. Its what i do everyday.

First i need a name, off the top of my head i have:

www.project0055.com
Chizzle +

Twisted Instigator

Times thanked
< 0
I love it. I'll PM you... I'm a designer/art director so I can help with design and stuff.

The list is kinda my baby so I'd be super keen to be involved.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulV

Right, i've been thinking about this project for ages. A site listing the heyday of sydney (and austrlalian) parties.

I'm a web developer so there's no problem there. I've always wondered whether others would be interested in logging their fond and ever increasingly fuzzy memories of the times that made us smile so very much. I guess i have my answer now.

I know everytime i come to this oldschool forum and get taken back my eyes glaze over. So some on, tell me its a good idea and its done. Event listings, flyer uploads, blogs per event. Its what i do everyday.

www.project0055.com

paulV +

locked.loaded

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

I love it. I'll PM you... I'm a designer/art director so I can help with design and stuff.

The list is kinda my baby so I'd be super keen to be involved.

Sweet, pm away. I'm up for it
Tommy Cola +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulV

www.project0055.com

Love the 0055 reference.

We used to always tell each other to meet at the front left speaker so youcould esasily find your mates no matter the venue (before the rise of mobiles) and I always thought a name for this kind of thing could be www.frontleftspeaker.com.au
Chizzle +

Twisted Instigator

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Love the 0055 reference.

We used to always tell each other to meet at the front left speaker so youcould esasily find your mates no matter the venue (before the rise of mobiles) and I always thought a name for this kind of thing could be www.frontleftspeaker.com.au

I love Front Left Speaker too... but it might be too close to FLC Productions (the Eckythump/Passion crew).

0055 is really appropriate...
paulV +

locked.loaded

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Love the 0055 reference.

Hahaha i love it.
Spectrum +

What?! No Crossfader!

Times thanked
< 146
This is great!
Spectrum +

What?! No Crossfader!

Times thanked
< 146
Well "frontleftspeaker" was around *before* FLC, so I feel it should be considered.

Yep, www.frontleftspeaker.com.au is really cool.

and so are 0055 references too!

www.0055frontleftspeaker.com.au

Decisions, decisions.
paulV +

locked.loaded

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Well "frontleftspeaker" was around *before* FLC, so I feel it should be considered.

Yep, www.frontleftspeaker.com.au is really cool.

and so are 0055 references too!

www.0055frontleftspeaker.com.au

Decisions, decisions.

or maybe www.0055onthenightfrontleftspeakeroffchops.com
Msraver +

Chasing the sun...

Times thanked
< 2
Wonderful thread. Oh, the memories.
Astride my horse I soar. He trots the air; the earth sings when he touches it; the horn of his hoof is more musical than the pipe of Hermes. He is pure air and fire; the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him. His neigh is the bidding of a monarch, and his countenance enforces homage.
Snarl +

Times thanked
< 0
1992 updates.
[quote=Chizzle]The year was... 1992 Updated 12/2/2007
Venue: Glebe Wheat Silos
Description:
- For those of you who were lucky enough to go to an event held here you know what I mean when I say mindblowing venue!!! They had animation (from memory sonic the hedgehog) across a huge wall in one section & even a guy dressed up as Elvis & singing his songs in another! It was the biggest trip ever. Still to this day when I drive over the Glebe island bridge I cant believe I went to an illegal rave there. SPINOUT. (Thirteen)

This was also in conjunction with Virtual Bass/Mike Jay.

Production:
Venue:
Description:

Venue - sheds at the Bourke St & O'Riordan St junction.

(someone REALLY needs to make a google maps mashup of old rave venues and flyers . . . . )

Production:
Venue:
Description:

Venue - Sydney University Footbridge Theatre.

Orgasm - 13 June, 1992
Production:
Venue:
Description:

Venue was on Pitt St beside the original Central Station Records store. Amazing three room party of hard acid and UR-style techno. Biz E, James Bond, Colour and others. Fantastic chill out room with enormous visuals and strange music. Also an unbeatable room totally wall-to-wall covered in aluminium foil . . . with nothing but a smoke machine and fogger. Total chaos. Lovely warm blow heaters in the morning too.

Production:
Venue:
Description:

Alexandria.
Sub Bass Snarl Sound System
Cyclic Defrost magazine Issue 27 out August 2010 | read our blog
Page 2 of 3

« Previous Thread Next Thread »