Fitness First Membership Prices

Page 1 of 3
  Tools
twisted_one +

Times thanked
< 0
Fitness First Membership Prices
Hello beautiful peoples!

Im currently in negotiations with my club to reduce my membership rate...

How much do ya'l pay in fee's for your gym? I need some info to go back to them with...

Im currently a gold member paying $36 a fortnight, have been a member for 3 yrs plus!

Thanks
I spit my worst verse in reverse and still come first

Cranker +

crankin it

Times thanked
< 0
I pay 42.95 for a gold membership per month, would never pay a dime more then that
twisted_one +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranker

I pay 42.95 for a gold membership per month, would never pay a dime more then that

wow so is that with fit first?

Man Im getting jacked...

They rekon Im on corp membership too! what the
I spit my worst verse in reverse and still come first

Patopeaking +

iPato v3.03

Times thanked
< 4
My work pays for my membership @ FF Bond St and Grand Millenium Plaza in Central Hong Kong

all i have to do is sign in every time we walk in
Resident Advisor Pics

http://www.consumeraware.com.au Consumers Review, Businesses Respond.
nettsu +

http://about.me/nettsu

Times thanked
< 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by twisted_one

wow so is that with fit first?

Man Im getting jacked...

They rekon Im on corp membership too! what the

they will generally tell you what you want to hear

I was paying $36.95 per fortnight @ FF Melbourne Central

I'm now paying $39.95 a fortnight @ FF QV (this is platinum @ the sensis discount & the I flirted with the cute salesperson discount... I know I am getting ripped off but I am more than happy to pay an extra $3 a fortnight to get less people)
i take photos
VanBuurenisGod +

ding ding ding ding...

Times thanked
< 2,544

Quote:

Originally Posted by nettsu

they will generally tell you what you want to hear

I was paying $36.95 per fortnight @ FF Melbourne Central

I'm now paying $39.95 a fortnight @ FF QV (this is platinum @ the sensis discount & the I flirted with the cute salesperson discount... I know I am getting ripped off but I am more than happy to pay an extra $3 a fortnight to get less people)

I am actually at FF in Collins St. Went to the one at Melbourne Central and have never experienced anything like it - so many people, there were no speare lockers. Then waiting for every machine.

FTS.

So now its collins street, about a 5th of the size, no where near as many people, always machines/weights to use.

$75 per month or whatever it is.

Not cheap, but cbf cancelling and paying a joining fee somewhere else
"My biggest mentor is myself because I’ve had to study, so that’s been my biggest influence"

#BRTG
Gee Frizz +

Cos Im not noticeably fat

Times thanked
< 48

Quote:

Dude, how'd you manage that??? I am on govt benefits and I'm about to start studying and I tried to reason with them to reduce the price but they were having none of it.

Even as a student I'd still be paying $65p/m. My contract is due to expire very soon, should I go in with all guns blazing and say if I don't get a rate lower than this, I will leave? I'm unhappy with FF anyways.

Bourke St FF was great when I was last over in Melbourne. Hardly any people, excelent facilities and it was fairly easy to navigate (apart from M / F change rooms!)
bricktop712 +

-------------------ڜ

Times thanked
< 8
$42.95 a fortnight at FF Chatswood
Flickr :: 500px
Dodger +

Yep... Its a meercat !

Times thanked
< 0
$24.95 a fortnight for Fitness First

Signed for $29.95 a fortnight @ FF North Ryde (Uni/Student Rate) and then got $10 off a month by joining 2 people.
Cranker +

crankin it

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Dude, how'd you manage that???

Im lucky enough to have mates that have worked in all areas of the clubs so I got a friend and family membership, Its gone up once by like 1.50 or somthing in the 4-5 years Ive been going there!

Make sure you always negotiate with FF, specialy at the moment, there in a bit of damage control after that news storey on CA or where ever it was on, most I would ever pay if I didnt have a friends and family, is the 50 admin fee (admi/joining, whatever, should only be 50 bucks either way), and maybe 29.95 a fortnight, you can totally negotiate with these guys....

Always throw around "student" and "benefits" and also once you have joined, make like dodger and find a mate you can train with to sign up, which will reduce your own monthly membership

meh Im going to open my own chain of gyms when I win lotto, just so theres another option to FF!
mckenna +

Times thanked
< 1
i think im paying the 39.95 fortnight, had cheaper at a local gym that had heaps better selection of wights/machines but have moved and cant be arsed traveling. soon there will be no gyms but FF which sux cause they are built for friends and families fitness fad with everything on hydrloics and cables...
retired
Gee Frizz +

Times thanked
< 48

Quote:

specialy at the moment, there in a bit of damage control after that news storey on CA or where ever it was on

Whoah whoah whoah! Stop the presses! I am intrigued (where's the intrigued emoticon when you need it?) What happenned?
Juggalo Muli +

Sven ****ing Vath

Times thanked
< 19
$29.95 per fortnight
ricksta +

Registered Voter

Times thanked
< 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gee Frizz

Whoah whoah whoah! Stop the presses! I am intrigued (where's the intrigued emoticon when you need it?) What happenned?

ACA did an article where they said you can get fit without going to the gym, and Fitness First didn't like it because a lot of members left when they realised this. True story.

This is a good intrigued emoticon
dAvoZ +

Registered Boozer

Times thanked
< 30
Shit some of you guys are paying huge amounts for your gym memberships! Pity that FF are taking over the industry. Join any other gym if you can. Im on about $45 a month student rates at a non-FF gym.
Darrius +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by dAvoZ

Shit some of you guys are paying huge amounts for your gym memberships! Pity that FF are taking over the industry. Join any other gym if you can. Im on about $45 a month student rates at a non-FF gym.

Yeah 46 here for non FF
considering FF just cause my mate gets a personal trainer once a month for a hour for free, while at mine, the once every 2months trainer, lasts for 20mins and its crap
paying extra 10bucks for a 1hour of a trainer seems good for each month
Cranker +

crankin it

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricksta

ACA did an article where they said you can get fit without going to the gym, and Fitness First didn't like it because a lot of members left when they realised this. True story.

Nooooo not the storey Im talking about it, this was on boxing day, they did a storey on how much of a rip of Fitness First is, how pathetic there customer service is and had a few people on telling there stories of how they had really bad dealings with them, it was so good hey, the producer mentioned they got 100's of emails every week to do a storey on FF . They also showed Tony De Leads house and his Gindawana property
nettsu +

Times thanked
< 4

Quote:

Nooooo not the storey Im talking about it, this was on boxing day, they did a storey on how much of a rip of Fitness First is, how pathetic there customer service is and had a few people on telling there stories of how they had really bad dealings with them, it was so good hey, the producer mentioned they got 100's of emails every week to do a storey on FF . They also showed Tony De Leads house and his Gindawana property

isn't that one of their yearly stories anyway?

i take photos
Cranker +

crankin it

Times thanked
< 0
Is it, Ive never seem them do it, sucked in to them

I dont knw why I hate them so much they've never really done anything to me, guess having to train at Bankstown makes me sour
ricksta +

Registered Voter

Times thanked
< 5

Quote:

Nooooo not the storey Im talking about it,

My story may or may not have been made up. You decide.
muli_ +

?

Times thanked
< 37
i go to fitness first cause there is one next to work and one next to my house.

otherwise i would go else where.
Gee Frizz +

Times thanked
< 48
I'm wondering if I can do anything on a legal standpoint re. my membership to get it canelled quickly. FF Murray St is no safe place for a near blind person at the best of times with the number of dumbells and shite lying around everywhere, and there is no one I can approach easily with any issue of any kind.

I haven't seen this for a short while but something that really got to me was personal trainers who would stand in the walkways between equipment with their clients.
tails +

Times thanked
< 0
shit i feel like an idiot, i've trained there for three years and am paying 82.95 per month,

Is there a way to get it down once they are already slugging you for that much?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruso

Your hair falls around your shoulders like a corpse on a merry-go-round. Two please.

Patopeaking +

iPato v3.03

Times thanked
< 4
Anyone here going to Bond St ?
Resident Advisor Pics

http://www.consumeraware.com.au Consumers Review, Businesses Respond.
muli_ +

?

Times thanked
< 37
yea on odd occasion pato when i go at lunch, but i usually train after work at mosman.
andreas +

wheredafukarewe

Times thanked
< 0
what are the ones in the city like? I am going to randwick occasionaly on a student membership
at $50 p/month however it limits me to the one gym and pre 4pm in the afternoon.

thinking about upgrading to full membership so I can go in the city at lunch
Jungle Love +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricksta

Yeah like ACA know much about exercise science.
YorrickHunt +

real drinker

Times thanked
< 0
i go to kizzas house of massiveness. no monthly charges and just a few once off fees to purchase dumbbells, bench + bar, weights, rubberbands etc it's amazing what you can do with this and your furniture.
" i don't want go anywhere or talk to anyone. i just want to focus on a point on the wall and drink." - Uzzi
Sistah Blue +

Times thanked
< 0

$13.00 per fortnight
Did you hear what the conductor did to the Andante? I just hope he bought it dinner first...
b_a_g +

Breaks enthusiast.

Times thanked
< 4
I pay $25.95 a fortnight. Apparently I got a good rate because it was their birthday and they had a few special student rates to give away (although it sounds like a pretty standard marketing plot - act now and get extra steak-knives etc). But it has locked me in to just the one gym (suits me as i go after work).

I think with FF it depends on what you want with fitness club. If you're after personalised treatment and small feel, it's not for you. If you don't mind being treated like a number and just go in to workout, then it's fine. Think Globo-gym in Dodgeball, but without the energy - corporate, but apart from signing you up, not competitive.
It's important to agree with people if you want them to think you are a genius.
For most people, the definition of smart is "Thinks exactly like me but even more so."
NTC187 +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckenna

i think im paying the 39.95 fortnight

Thats what I'm paying aswell, fucking rip off, although I go 3-4 times a week, so I put it to use at least.

This is a little bit off track, but what ever you do, dont have anything to do with the Australian Insitute Of Fitness, they're fucking idiots, a friend of mine was going to do a 6 week course with them, it was gonna cost $3,000 (and their gym was about the size of a classroom, with 5 bits of equipment) and my other friend is doing a Tafe course for a year at that much, and you learn much more. I also saw a trainer and a a trainee at my local FF one day, and it was the funniest shit ever, the trainer could even get out a full set of chinups, and he wasnt even sure how to use most of the equipment they were using properly.
Jungle Love +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTC187

Thats what I'm paying aswell, fucking rip off, although I go 3-4 times a week, so I put it to use at least.

This is a little bit off track, but what ever you do, dont have anything to do with the Australian Insitute Of Fitness, they're fucking idiots, a friend of mine was going to do a 6 week course with them, it was gonna cost $3,000 (and their gym was about the size of a classroom, with 5 bits of equipment) and my other friend is doing a Tafe course for a year at that much, and you learn much more. I also saw a trainer and a a trainee at my local FF one day, and it was the funniest shit ever, the trainer could even get out a full set of chinups, and he wasnt even sure how to use most of the equipment they were using properly.

I can't publicly bag AIF as I went there.. I cant publicly bag them.

Doing a degree in sports science now. Pick a trainer with decent qualifications or at least one who has spoken with physiotherapists.
Lambretta +

Now Aussie....STILL dodgy

Times thanked
< 801
We have a free gym at my work

I never use it

Yay
What saddens you is death and loss and tragedy
What saddens me is a fat man panting in the summer sun

nettsu +

Times thanked
< 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by tails

shit i feel like an idiot, i've trained there for three years and am paying 82.95 per month,

Is there a way to get it down once they are already slugging you for that much?

get a shitload of friends to join FF

but you're really not paying that much more than the rest of us
mine works out to be just under $80 a month
i take photos
Brother Al +

A State of Pants

Times thanked
< 4
I just got a letter from my fitness first club and it said the fees were going up $3 a month for me. Its not that bad i pay the 36 or so a fortnight and i make very good use of it. I stay so long sometimes that the "Im-so-hot" girl that works at the counter always laughs at me when they have to ask me to leave MWAHAHAHA sucked in no early shifts for you!
Right, i'm bored. Turn on the lasers.
stama +

Times thanked
< 0
Bond street in the city is pretty packed yeah?

havnt had time to get their yet
psyv +

unexploring or shall we say re-exploring

Times thanked
< 132

Quote:

Originally Posted by dAvoZ

Yeah I go to Curves. Student membership only costs me $129 for 3 months which is equal to $43 per month or $10.75 per week (based on 3 months = 12 weeks). It's actually cheaper than my uni gym and nicer to go to.

Even if I had full membership at Curves it would only be $59 per month or $14.75 per week.
Bwen +

bwenbwenbwenbwenbwenbwenbwenbwen

Times thanked
< 348
I'm currently paying $27.50 per fortnight for Gold membership

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickstah

Bwen spammed this thread good.

Knate +

Times thanked
< 23
I pat 60 a month for a gold which they just changed me too after i asked them to cancel my membership... now i can train at work in city if i need too

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott

i'm going to threaten to shit in his mau5head to him when i get home (facebook blocked at work)

spandexxx +

Times thanked
< 0
w00t i pay $35 a month coz i signed up 3 friends. But i think i got jipped into just having the normal blue membership
Spandexxx... The Tight Alternative
dailygrind +

Times thanked
< 0
i'm paying (wait for it) $92.50/mth for the gold (passport) membership which lets me access all gyms except platinum. I'm not on any contract, and I thought this was standard.... Anyone else on gold/no contract?
Rockett +

Times thanked
< 0
I'm paying $42 per month at FF for full m'ship.

I received the cheap m'ship because I worked there for a couple of months. The m'ship rates are very expensive but while working there it was free. Someone cancelled their m'ship and I just took it over when I left.
Zella +

Times thanked
< 0
I'm paying $39.95/fortnight for Gold.
romz +

we jammin

Times thanked
< 0
i'm paying $45 per month for a gold membership .. it used to be $40 flat but went up for some yaddayadda reason.

my wife just signed up last week and scored a $60 per month gold membership.. i told her try haggle and apparently the $60 is the new rate for a fam membership .. guess they had to many scammers on the $40 deal. haha

btw the international passport is great, while in oz i asked the receptionist to issue me 3 cards for while i'm working o'seas, she galdly obliged so now i'm not limited to just 30 visits. also here in makati ff, the members have a lounge area with free OJ, coffee, internet access & even a massage/therapy room where 1hr massages are $15au..

oldballz
grover +

Times thanked
< 0
I pay $32.95 a fortnight, i used to pay $40 about a year ago until i complained that so many people i know are on a cheaper package.

"the difference between winners and losers is that winners do things losers don't want to do"
matty_m +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by psyv

Yeah I go to Curves. Student membership only costs me $129 for 3 months which is equal to $43 per month or $10.75 per week (based on 3 months = 12 weeks). It's actually cheaper than my uni gym and nicer to go to.

Even if I had full membership at Curves it would only be $59 per month or $14.75 per week.

but its Curves...... useless gym
matty_m +

Times thanked
< 0
I work in a pretty nice/up market gym in brisbane, members there pay a fair bit, but the level of service provided is unmatched in any gym in Queensland...

I joined the new Fitness First near my place so i didnt get interrupted training where I work...
got a founding memebers deal through my mate who is the club manager $18.95 a fortnight...

I compare Fitness First to fast food chains... its all about the profit ...no service/ customer care...
Brother Al +

A State of Pants

Times thanked
< 4
i visited fitness first in bondi junction today across from the westfields. spent 4 hours there. awesome gym its way better than my FF. They had all these punching bags and a mini BOXING RING! and special rooms and lots more options for weight machines. HUUUGE studio. I left there jealous i wish i lived closer.

i guess i would agree with the complaints about FF customer service if i had tried to cancel my membership, but since that hasnt come up i would say the service is just fine
Right, i'm bored. Turn on the lasers.
screamfun +

Times thanked
< 0
fitness first is good because it has my needs of weights and cardio etc, but i agree it's way too expensive and the fact that you have to wait to use benches to use dumb bells, machines etc compounds the frustration especially when youre in a rush and somebody will feel the need to do 10 sets of something. a week ago a personal trainer had her client interchanging between rows and a bench for atleast 45 minutes.... he than had the nerve to ask me and another guy if we could 'rotate' with his client on another machine. in short i told him no.
Jungle Love +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by matty_m

but its Curves...... useless gym

I wouldn't even call it a gym
Page 1 of 3

« Previous Thread Next Thread »