Page 2 of 2
  Tools
Gruso +

Times thanked
<
Thanked 20,931 Times in 6,226 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by blop

what do you guys think about the str8-30's compared to other beginer direct drive turntables?
do they hold there pitch and approximatally how long does it take for the pitch to go off?
and what do you think is a good price for 6-9 month old str8-30's in fairly good conidiot..

Funnily enough...

Quote:

...and what do you think is a good price for 6-9 month old str8-30's in fairly good conidiot..

...a humble spelling error...

Quote:

...str8-30's in fairly good conidiot..

...has turned our rather Freudian...

Quote:

...conidiot..

...and if dissected...

Quote:

...con...idiot..

...explains Stanton's marketing...

Quote:

con

...as well as their target market...

Quote:

idiot

Buy Technics.
Bracko +

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,799 Times in 1,577 Posts

Quote:

pitch wavering would be the only problem,

im getting the str8-30's for $250 so theyre most likely to keep their resale value,
if i find that these are not suitable, i will upgrade within a year.

the poor tonearm construction will add to vinyl degredation. so it is a valid point to consider.

the point that I and most other people are skirting around is this.

all vinyl DJ's have spent well over $10,000 on vinyl. when you start DJing you need to build a collection as quickly as possible of older tracks you like (possibly) and new tracks that are available.

you will need to aquire at least 100-200 records quickly to really master the basics of DJing, track selection, beat mixing, mixing yourself out of a 'corner' as it were (this comes in handy when playing b2b) etc etc before you even consider making a demo and hitting promoters with it. this takes a lot of money.

if you are sure you can handle the costs involved in DJing vinyl then go forth and buy the shitty stantons, but assume you will NOT BE ABLE TO SELL THEM AT ALL, since W H E N they break, not if, but when, the cost of a tech even looking at them won't warrant the money.

if you can accept that you are buying the excel of turntables (i can't think of a crapper more shit car maybe the P55) then that's fine spend the money, but remember you may be up for a new set of turntable in under 4 months. if you'd prefer to buy a BMW M5 then spend the money.
step on my cubes.
saad +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<
mate, buy what you want, you obviously will in the end, stop asking about it.
www.myspace.com/saadhafiz

www.flickr.com/photos/saadme

"You're a Class A **** selling Class C drugs"
Page 2 of 2

« Previous Thread Next Thread »