The DJ Booth

1200 n DJM500 repairs ?

Tools
Flame667 +

Times thanked
<
1200 n DJM500 repairs ?
Hey all i just recently brought a pairs of 1200's and a DJM500 for $900 the lot.

does any one know how much it would ruffly cost to get one deck Tuned and have the RCA's repaired of have new ones put in ? in melbs.

this question has probally been asked b4 but i havnt managed to find a thread on it, so either give me a link and re-direct me or help give me some info i guess.

Cheers, Jimmy.

and the DJM-500 the fader on the 4th chan is all screwwy, works fine with my fingue pressin it to the left but then i take my fingure off the sound just cuts out.

Last edited by Flame667: 11-Mar-07 at 12:29pm

Bracko +

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,799 Times in 1,577 Posts
shouldn't be too expensive... the RCA fix (with grounding) should be a quoted price any DJ store with access to repairs can tell you.

the mixer if it's just the fader should also be reasonable... IF it's just the fader contact

just drop it off somewhere reputable (search this forum or the melbourne forum) then drop it off with SPECIFIC instructions to call with the quote before any repair is done.
step on my cubes.
jcr1 +

Times thanked
<
sorry to hijack but how often do 1200's need to be serviced
Bracko +

Times thanked
<
when something breaks or when you notice that something is definitely not right.
step on my cubes.
Flame667 +

Times thanked
<
yeh like i picked these up for really really cheap, one deck is in near perfect condition and the other looks really really neglecked and has done alot of hard yards, the 0% green light and cue light doesnt work, its not in tune(thick dots dont stay in place on 0) and well the RCA's are held together by tape and one isnt even on its just the wire attatched the 1200 to my mixer, hahaha. on the DJM-500 the cueing on chans 1 n 2 doesnt work at all(ANOYING) and the 4th chan fader n a few of the EQ's are tempermental.

Going to call aroudn today and get a few quotes, see what the repairs will cost me, will determin if i got a good deal or not.
Bracko +

Times thanked
<
the mixer will cost more... it may have been worth while to not buy it.
step on my cubes.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »