The DJ Booth

Help With Equipment

Tools
shmiloz +

Times thanked
<
Help With Equipment
hey, im a starter dj, but im kinda making it into house parties and stuff now, so i think i need to get a bit of new equipment.

i'd just like tips about a new mixer - i really dont no which one to get, but the one i have right now isnt qualified. im looking to keep it under 1500 - and hopefully something with a lot of built in effects.

also - speakers? i need help with that because i got no idea, same deal - rather keep it cheap.

thx, doz
budlik +

Times thanked
<
how many channels / you want any midi etc? /

search -> so many threads on this exact topic.

chris
nicnac +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<
get a pioneer 500 .. then you'll have effects ...

really you should learn on the shittiest mixer you can get.
GIGS:
Fri 30 - Mioh
Sun 01 - Hotel W
Sun 01 - Sastango Finale
Thu 05 - Fresh Vibes, Mioh
Fri 06 - City Hall
Sat 07 - Samsara
Sun 08 - Hotel W
Sun 08 - TT Beach Fest.
Mon 09 - Ice Bar
Sat 14 - TT Park Fest.
Sun 15 - W
Sat 21 - Guru
Tue 24 - Eclipse
Sat 4 - Manchester UK
Bracko +

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,799 Times in 1,577 Posts
pioneer 500

you can pick up a second hand 600 piece of shit for around $1k or less.

you could actually care about your sound and buy a rane empath then buy an external effects unit. or you could buy a urei 1601 E which will come well under the 1.5k or KP2 and vestax mixer for around 1.5K which would be the VMC 185.

if you're serious, get a serious mixer then save up for a serious effects unit. or alternatively just buy a ecler nuo 5 and be done with it.
step on my cubes.
budlik +

Times thanked
<
btw i reccomend

1x ecler nuo4
1x kp3

if you shop right, you could get both within your range

chris
WhiteMeat +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmiloz

hey, im a starter dj, but im kinda making it into house parties and stuff now, so i think i need to get a bit of new equipment.

i'd just like tips about a new mixer - i really dont no which one to get, but the one i have right now isnt qualified. im looking to keep it under 1500 - and hopefully something with a lot of built in effects.

also - speakers? i need help with that because i got no idea, same deal - rather keep it cheap.

thx, doz

that depends if you want to spend under 1,500 for the mixer AND speakers / monitors

I just picked up an ecler smac pro 20 (only 2 channel & no fx) for around the 400 mark from storedj - but fx dont really mean a lot to me atm.

If you can, get into a shop that has a range of mixers & / or speakers around the price range you want and try them out and see which one you like the most. Dont forget that there is always lay-buy. And yes, there will ALWAYS be something that you want but cant afford yet...

*goes back to the A3 prints of an avalon channel strip "ohhh baby... yea, i know you like your gain at 12..."
Bracko +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

behringer Truths.
step on my cubes.
Bracko +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by budlik

btw i reccomend

1x ecler nuo4
1x kp3

if you shop right, you could get both within your range

chris

I'll buy you a beer if you can find me a nuo4 and a KP3 for under $1500 on my doorstep.

there's no way you can buy in australia for that, and as far as i know, you can't do it overseas as well... so it'd be awesome if you could tell me cause I'd SERIOUSLY consider buying that.
step on my cubes.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »