The DJ Booth

Anyone used a Vestax VMC-004FX?

Tools
Tristan W +

Times thanked
<
Anyone used a Vestax VMC-004FX?
Are they any good? The white and orange is a bit The effects are meant to be quite good.
dj oldfart +

Times thanked
<
I use a vmc-004 at a club the one without effects. Tight little mixer sounds good and hell for the money its good value. where else are you gonna get a 4 channel mixer with 3 band eq's on each channel for $500. Have to agree though the colour scheme is hidious
Mixes here Poundmix
mems +

Times thanked
<
I have this mixer... its pretty good i spose, good for $700 anyway. I've only had it since december but so far so good.
The faders are not the best and the cross fader is pretty shit, but i mix trance so they are not a bother to me.
The EQ's are very stiff but have loosened up a little, not a big deal it was just a very big difference from my previous mixer (stanton m202- which actually had good faders and pots IMO)
the effects are ok, i mean in the end they are just effects i dont use them alot at the risk of sounding very fucken tacky, they are good to muck around with.

over all i do like the mixer but i bought it because of A. price, B. four channels, C. vestax reliability D. at the time i thought effects could do much more than they could (haha n00b)

my advice is save the extra 400 or so hundred dollars and get the denon dnx1500 or tascam x9

EDIT: oh yeah the colour- haha i kinda like but maybe thats coz im stuck with it, a bit out of the ordinary...
Tristan W +

Times thanked
<
Might ditch the two extra channels and get an ecler nuo or djm 400 instead
Tristan W +

Times thanked
<
Might ditch the two extra channels and get an ecler nuo or djm 400 instead. Got one of the gold bling bling pcv275 at the mo had it for a while. Sturdy mixer(I have actually sustained injuries from it when getting too excited mixing) but I find the sound quality not that good epsecially for monitoring.
Bracko +

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,799 Times in 1,577 Posts
how much are they now? a Urei might be the go.
step on my cubes.
AnthonyE +

Times thanked
<
ecler or urei << best imo..

« Previous Thread Next Thread »