The DJ Booth

Post a photo of your DJ setup!!!!

Tools
Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Times thanked
< 4,511
Ooh yeh nah I'm on top of it.. got the beatmatching down.. bringin in songs at good points.. playing with EQ's but i still need work.
plan-b +

I found the Treasure of Mêlée Island and all I got was this stupid user title

Times thanked
< 643

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumpy

This is not my set up but damn check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l29mZa0ilco

A horrendous happy hardcore remix of Missing... Are there any tracks hardcore hasn't ruined??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruso View Post

Just to clarify where the line is drawn:

• Ragging on someone when they're actively posting and pretty much asking for it: OK
  • Starting a new joke train on them when they're not around: Please don't

dj-s +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Ooh yeh nah I'm on top of it.. got the beatmatching down.. bringin in songs at good points.. playing with EQ's but i still need work.

Keep at it mate, and dont forget to post your mixes along the way!
DJ D one +

Times thanked
< 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by beckas

haha i went from behringer dxj-700 to allen and heath...

i nearly wet my pants when i played my first song through it!!! allen and heath ftw!!!

there is a reason that the xone 92 is getting on yet still the best club mixer out there.

If I had the money I would probably end up route 92, there is something that really puts me off the 800 is the fact that the eqs don't seem to fully kill...

D1
plan-b +

Times thanked
< 643

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ D one

If I had the money I would probably end up route 92, there is something that really puts me off the 800 is the fact that the eqs don't seem to fully kill...

D1

I'm not 100% sure... I love the build quality, 4 band eq and filters on the xone92 but after watching a few guys working the effects machine on the djm800 properly (just a filter or flange every now and then) I'm tempted to swing the other way... (I have a bit of fetish for all things A&H as well though)

Quote:

• Ragging on someone when they're actively posting and pretty much asking for it: OK

Last edited by plan-b: 28-Sep-07 at 04:43pm

Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Times thanked
< 4,511
Yeh D1 i played on a DJM-800 the other day and it dont really see what all the hype is about.. but thats probably because i havn't been djing long. I also played on the new behringer Digital mixer.. it seemed nice
Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Times thanked
< 4,511

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj-s

Keep at it mate, and dont forget to post your mixes along the way!

hehe thanks for the support.. yeh I got asked by a dude who runs a club to do a mix.. so when i record that ill post it up
nick_t +

Slagathor

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by plan-b

I'm not 100% sure... I love the build quality, 4 band eq and filters on the xone92 but after watching a few guys working the effects machine on the djm800 properly (just a filter or flange every now and then) I'm tempted to swing the other way... (I have a bit of fetish for all things A&H as well though)

Can't stand the 800 tbh, hate the way the EQ's are split after working with he 4 EQ's for so long, the allen and heath is just a beautiful clean mixer... just rocks for mixing.. its all personal preference though really..
plan-b +

Times thanked
< 643

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick_t

Can't stand the 800 tbh, hate the way the EQ's are split after working with he 4 EQ's for so long, the allen and heath is just a beautiful clean mixer... just rocks for mixing.. its all personal preference though really..

yeah, well I still own a DJM-300 at home so go figure

Quote:

Rem_labs_lost +

I <3 Tech

Times thanked
< 8
one thing to say....perfect dj table from bunnings at carindale, buy 2 of them...about 70 ish each....well worth the dosh...now all i need is the cdjs and the xone. In the next couple of wks
fits 2x tt's 2x cdjs 1x xone or 800 and still enuff room for a lap top.
F&E GIG GUIDE:
23/03/12 - 4 STRINGS-Family
30/03/12 - MASIF-Family
08/04/12 - BOMBS AWAY-EP
14/04/12 - TONESHIFTERZ-Affinity
14/04/12 - CREAMFIELDS LAUNCH
27/04/12 - NICK SKITZ- Family
23/06/12 - DEFQON 1 HOLLAND-Q-dance
+ many more TBA
Keep up to date with all things F&E @ www.fande.info
ratticus +

facebook.com/thepublicworksdepartment

Times thanked
< 1,471
Here's my simple set up. $100 for the lot off a mate who went overseas

Permanent clearance by: #1-01
johnjay +

Times thanked
< 0
100 dollars
wtf
Garthyboy +

Times thanked
< 7
Since I am feeling extra generous today

I'll give you 150 for the mixer

Then you can buy a nice new one!!!
gamblore +

Deleted User Account

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Yeh D1 i played on a DJM-800 the other day and it dont really see what all the hype is about.. but thats probably because i havn't been djing long. I also played on the new behringer Digital mixer.. it seemed nice

Yeah I played the 800 yesterday and it wasn't overly different to the 600 but seriously, behringer is nasty!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratticus

Here's my simple set up. $100 for the lot off a mate who went overseas

BEST MATE EVER! YOU LUCKY BASTARD! You could make so much off that right here right now.
I'll be back...
Bracko +

Times thanked
< 2,167

Quote:

...just.... wow.

BTW ITT, we post photos and talk setups.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tristan View Post

well done sofu, perhaps your most offensive post yet!

Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Times thanked
< 4,511

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamblore

Yeah I played the 800 yesterday and it wasn't overly different to the 600 but seriously, behringer is nasty!

Lol yeh i know behringer are crap.. but this is the first one that i've played on.. and it didn't seem that bad.. It's there new one to, the one that isn't released yet, its their copy of the DJM-800.
trenthalliday +

s'up?

Times thanked
< 0
Click image for larger version

Name:	su2.JPG
Views:	1323
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	25922Click image for larger version

Name:	su.JPG
Views:	614
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	25923

Stanton c314's amd a Stanton m304.....pretty plain boring set up but has served me pretty well. Looking to upgrade soon, been at the point of handing the cash over for some cdj 1000's about 3 times but backed out because of different reasons (last one was car rego....damn car rego getting in the way of my splashing cash!)

Looks a bit plain and boring in the room cause I only just moved, my cdj's were the first thing to be set up at the new place though, then the tv, then the computer, and all my clothes are still in box's....! Normally have my laptop set up next to them to record but its at a mates place.

Made the table myself, its particle board and looks like shit, hence the sheet over it.

Thats about it at my place, apart from the gemini peices of shit and beringer peice of shit mixer that is slowly rusting away under the table!
jarrardscott +

I start arguments then blame everyone else, and now I have this shitty My Little Pony icon

Times thanked
< 4,678
@ speakers
trenthalliday +

s'up?

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott

@ speakers

Whats so funny about the speakers?? Its a left over sound system from when my dad upgraded his home stereo...its about a $1500 system, may not be a proper monitor or whatever but does a bloody good job.
DjReal +

Deep House Fanatic

Times thanked
< 23
My setup

Nothing overly special but it does what i want it to.

2x SL1200
2x CDJ100S
1xNumark DXM 06
  • Attached Thumbnails

Click image for larger version

Name:	tn_Picture 005.jpg
Views:	1071
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	25924  
Gigs:
19/11 - Outside @ Electric Playground
26/11 - Outside @ Electric Playground
gamblore +

Deleted User Account

Times thanked
< 0
Only two channels? 3 or 4 would be good yeah? Are you looking into that?
I'll be back...
DjReal +

Deep House Fanatic

Times thanked
< 23
Two channels is sufficient for me. The whole 3 deck wizardry isn't really for me, i'd rather focus on two tracks and make them work better and i don't really do the whole acapella/sample dropping as for me personally it doesnt work with what i play.

I don't need extra channels for my cdjs as thats what the line/phono switch is for.

If/when this mixer finally gives up the ghost i might consider it, but if i can get a 2ch mixer that does what i need and costs less i'll go with the 2ch version.
Gigs:
19/11 - Outside @ Electric Playground
26/11 - Outside @ Electric Playground
hoppuspears +

Times thanked
< 0
Some cool dj setups on this forum :0
newjack +

brisvegas_vibez

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by DjReal

Two channels is sufficient for me. The whole 3 deck wizardry isn't really for me, i'd rather focus on two tracks and make them work better and i don't really do the whole acapella/sample dropping as for me personally it doesnt work with what i play.

I don't need extra channels for my cdjs as thats what the line/phono switch is for.

If/when this mixer finally gives up the ghost i might consider it, but if i can get a 2ch mixer that does what i need and costs less i'll go with the 2ch version.

your spot on there mate.. i didn't need the mixer i purchased when i got mine..

the other day i was think about all this dj tech comming out and the future of djing.. Its great.. a kid can learn how to dj now under $2000 total..maybe cheaper

I think that alot of people run out there and purchase what the industry claims to be standard when in fact.. it may be standard for a professional dj.. the kid has 3-5 even 7 years to get the that level..

i say buy simple set up. no need for effects and shit.. fancy shit.. just learn how to beatmix.. then learn how to collect and then throw a few parties..

spend the money wizely and have fun with it.. can't have fun when your thinking about that nasty credit card bills in the mail every week and now you don't have a job, smokin cones everyday listening to some hard trance ya mum just got ya.lol

its late... of to bed now
FOR SALE - 2x JBL 300w SP-15 & SKT-V6 Power Amp + Cables $1,700 ONO / Nightlife Info www.myspace.com/aussie_vibez & uk_vibez , usa_vibez , ibiza_vibez , brisvegas_vibez , sydney_vibez , melbourne_vibez , streetmusicnmags
johnjay +

Times thanked
< 0
the djm 800 is quality, dont now what djm 800 you all have been using
Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Times thanked
< 4,511

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnjay

the djm 800 is quality, dont now what djm 800 you all have been using

The One from pioneer
Bracko +

Times thanked
< 2,167
nothing wrong with an 800. they're completely different from the 600's.

anyone who's been here long enough knows it takes a LOT for me to up pioneer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tristan View Post

well done sofu, perhaps your most offensive post yet!

gamblore +

Deleted User Account

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by DjReal

That's fair enough dude, good explination! I agree with newjack, nice set up!
I'll be back...
blakenelson +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

@ speakers

I bet this makes your inadiquent penis feel huge.
beckas +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ D one

D1

ahhhh!!!! true true!!!

i was a bit disappointed to find out that both high and low mid range eq's only went to -30db....

poor form.

how ever i hear that the new allen and heath xone 42 has total kill on the eq's.... i just wish it had 4band eq's, if it did i'd fly to england to buy one as soon as i could (jokes, i'd definately waste the money on cheap beer and pizza instead).
jarrardscott +

I start arguments then blame everyone else, and now I have this shitty My Little Pony icon

Times thanked
< 4,678

Quote:

Originally Posted by blakenelson

I bet this makes your inadiquent penis feel huge.

no it makes my huge penis feel like it has elephantitus.
wtf do speakers have to do with penis size anyway???

i wasnt laughing at the actual speakers, they probably are quality, and i agree you can get some decent sound out of small speakers, and there is most probably a subwoofer underneath.
i was just laughing at how funny it looks compared to everyones pictures with teh monitors.
gamblore +

Deleted User Account

Times thanked
< 0
Wait till you see my speakers! I'll have pics up next week after I get my final piece of the puzzle.
I'll be back...
Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Times thanked
< 4,511

Quote:

no it makes my huge penis feel like it has elephantitus.
wtf do speakers have to do with penis size anyway???

i wasnt laughing at the actual speakers, they probably are quality, and i agree you can get some decent sound out of small speakers, and there is most probably a subwoofer underneath.
i was just laughing at how funny it looks compared to everyones pictures with teh monitors.

Then thy should be laughing at my logitech speakers which are 5" in size

also everyone knows that if you have small speakers it means you have a big penis.. so if u have large monitor u have a small penis...der
trenthalliday +

s'up?

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

also everyone knows that if you have small speakers it means you have a big penis.. so if u have large monitor u have a small penis...der

That was why I got them....

The sub is underneath the table, the system is pretty good for what I do, the one thing it maybe looses is perfect clarity at low volumes, but when pumped it almost shakes the house down, not that I get to do that much!

plus i dont really think the gear you have is a reflection of your quality as a dj....or does it?? im not sure I can answer this because of the obvious lack of big speakers....and subsequently a pitifull size penis.
blakenelson +

Times thanked
< 0
Jarradscott you basically just sounded like a wanker when you made the lol at speakers thing.
Speakers don't reflect quality of dj. None of the gear reflects quality of a dj. Sure it can make life easier but its not going to make you fully sik uleeey
voodoo people +

Kenya - present day

Times thanked
< 0
my setup:

1X Rane Empath
2X Technics 1200 mkII (one is 1210 if you wanna get technical)
2X Pioneer CDJ 1000 mkII
1X Sennheiser HD-25
1X Edirol UA-25 (that you can't see but is not actually mine) &
1X hectic fish

Funkedub +

"You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help."

Times thanked
< 3,951
yaaaaaaaaaaaayyy ... finally someone with a setup with a bit of character
For all of your musical needs*

funkedub dot com

*musical needs most likely not met
andreas +

wheredafukarewe

Times thanked
< 0
Nice little setup..
blacksun24 +

Times thanked
< 0
Pic coming soon once I get my new table.

Currently running:
Djm-800
2 x Cd-j 1000 mk3
Desktop PC with ableton.

I personally would have rather got a 92, but I didn't have enough money at the time. The 800 is solid but it gets better once you hook up the midi.
Movendi +

Times thanked
< 0
Don't fish die from the bass vibrations? I had an idea to put an aquarium inbuilt underneath my dj console but knew the fish would die soon enough.
rancho +

Oooooooh such a good time

Times thanked
< 7,086

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

well, according to dictionary.com
chilli is hot pepper food etc.
chilly is cold temperature.

robbz_69 +

needs more dog...

Times thanked
< 19
might have to take sum pics of my setup, wait till you see my milkcrates, thats where they money went...

2 x cdj-800's
2 x stanton st-150's (which are awsome, i love them more than technics)
1 x djm-400
Exclusive mixes, news and Deep house & Disco goodness at http://blankcanvasnights.blogspot.com/
Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Times thanked
< 4,511

Quote:

Originally Posted by rancho

haha Disco Stu wat a classis character
voodoo people +

Kenya - present day

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by Movendi

Don't fish die from the bass vibrations? I had an idea to put an aquarium inbuilt underneath my dj console but knew the fish would die soon enough.

he seems ok with it, but it does freak him out when i bounce a bball near him... and when i dance like a spastic in front of the tank
sendyoke +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by voodoo people

my setup:

1X Rane Empath
2X Technics 1200 mkII (one is 1210 if you wanna get technical)
2X Pioneer CDJ 1000 mkII
1X Sennheiser HD-25
1X Edirol UA-25 (that you can't see but is not actually mine) &
1X hectic fish

Nice DJ Setup
gamblore +

Deleted User Account

Times thanked
< 0
My Kit

No posers here. I moved to Tokyo so I sold my 1200 mkII's, CDJ 800's and DJM 600 for this. Made a little money with the difference too and I couldn't be happier!

All together I have:
*3 X Dennon DN s1000 - fucking incredible CDJ's and they only cost me $360 each! I'm going as far to say they shit on the CDJ 800's and are a fraction of the prices. They have 2 loop points/hot cues and built in effects.
*Vestax PMV 175 mixer - not bad, can't complain for the price. Takes a little getting used to but after that it's quite workable.
*JBL On Tour Portable Speakers - yep, have a laugh! But I don't have a clue what the noise restrictions and laws are like here, so I don't want to piss the neighbours off. I have a small room so they work pretty well for the size.
*Sennheiser HD25 Headphones - I'd be lost without them! I used to rely on my monitors a lot at home, but now everything is done through these bad boys because my monitors can't be pumped.
I'll be back...

Last edited by gamblore: 08-Oct-07 at 05:12pm

Reason: Pics wouldn't work

ratticus +

facebook.com/thepublicworksdepartment

Times thanked
< 1,471
^^no pics...

Permanent clearance by: #1-01
djwaz +

Times thanked
< 1

My new DJ table/stand (made out of Global Truss), I sold my CDJ1000 mk2's and will be buying mk3's soon. Going to make a stand for the EFX and Laptop that clamps onto the truss at the centre behind the mixer when I get the CDJ's.
Gotta make some stands up for my EMES monitors, the KV2's are way overkill for the loungeroom... sound bloody nice though haha.
My Xone 92's in its roadcase at the moment, thought I'd give the PMC-CX a run, seeing as I can't seem to sell the damn thing.
http://www.facebook.com/djwaz1
http://www.engageav.com.au

Download my mixes: http://soundcloud.com/wazhook

Engage Audio Visual - Sound | Lighting | Lasers

Last edited by djwaz: 08-Oct-07 at 06:47pm

ac1d3o3 +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by djwaz

My new DJ table/stand (made out of Global Truss), I sold my CDJ1000 mk2's and will be buying mk3's soon. Going to make a stand for the EFX and Laptop that clamps onto the truss at the centre behind the mixer when I get the CDJ's.
Gotta make some stands up for my EMES monitors, the KV2's are way overkill for the loungeroom... sound bloody nice though haha.
My Xone 92's in its roadcase at the moment, thought I'd give the PMC-CX a run, seeing as I can't seem to sell the damn thing.

nice set up!
how u enjoying the efx1000?
djwaz +

Times thanked
< 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by ac1d3o3

nice set up!
how u enjoying the efx1000?

Hey mate, thanks!
Haven't had a lot of time to play with it yet, but so far its great.
http://www.facebook.com/djwaz1
http://www.engageav.com.au

Download my mixes: http://soundcloud.com/wazhook

Engage Audio Visual - Sound | Lighting | Lasers

« Previous Thread Next Thread »