The DJ Booth

Post a photo of your DJ setup!!!!

Reply
  Tools
putraged +

Registered User

Joined
Nov '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
67
nayy, cdj's are still handful and fun. lol.
putraged +

Registered User

Joined
Nov '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
67
triple post, sorry.

Last edited by putraged: 18-Mar-09 at 03:39pm

putraged +

Registered User

Joined
Nov '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
67
triple post. sorry.
putraged +

Registered User

Joined
Nov '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
67
nayy, cdj's are still handful and fun. lol.
seanious +

sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2

seanious's Avatar
Joined
Jan '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 2,324
Thanked 503 Times in 288 Posts
Posts
3,822
more like QUADRUPLE
kasper_flip +

;_;

kasper_flip's Avatar
Joined
Aug '05
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,215
Thanked 2,497 Times in 705 Posts
Posts
4,367
M M M M Monster Post
airsic +

Registered User

airsic's Avatar
Joined
Jun '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
12

Quote:

I never understood "virtual vinvyl" with CDJs
Just me....but i don't get it

Apart from file serving....what can a "program" do that a CDJ can't in that set up? Especially given all CDJ's play mp3s now
Unlesss you cant beat match?????

At home I use my 1200's but out i find that given a choice the cdj's are just much more reliable, the turntables at the place i play at most of the time have conked out on me mid set and the signal that serato box recieves from them is shithouse
F31N7 +

Registered User

F31N7's Avatar
Joined
Jan '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Posts
31

Quote:

Originally Posted by trashy

whats that soundcard / sound splitter thing like? we are looking at getting that too

It's a novation Nio 2/4 and it's awesome for what I payed ($250 New) sounds great also it's good to have some volume knobs handy and horizontal like unlike most other cards out there
trashy +

Top Dog

Joined
Dec '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Posts
11,100
sweet thanks dude
Ride the Train
DJ Phago +

Registered User

Joined
Mar '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
3

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott

how are the hdj2000's in comparison to the 1000's?
i'm thinking of getting them, theyre so sexy!

I think they are quite awesome.. The design is alot better imo
seanious +

sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2

seanious's Avatar
Joined
Jan '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 2,324
Thanked 503 Times in 288 Posts
Posts
3,822
Well I suppose it's my turn



2 x Stanton ST8.150s
2 x Denon DN-S1000
1 x Denon DN-X1500s

With Serrato, bit of an interesting setup that I have been piecemealing together and only completed recently. Will probably get a proper desk setup once I move out and kind of wishing Stantons were silver so they'd match my mixer! (or vica-versa). All good, does the job for me.
Dr Bones +

Gail's in Mensa. She reads books. For fun!

Dr Bones's Avatar
Joined
Sep '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 878
Thanked 2,113 Times in 743 Posts
Posts
9,274
nice set up. fucking love that mixer. most underrated mixer imho. what headphones you using?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kzzy View Post

The music that I push in my opinion is probably a bit too mature for someone who listens to "Trance" but hey, we all have to start somewhere?

ferretrock +

speaker whore

ferretrock's Avatar
Joined
Mar '06
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 20
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Posts
9,613
^They look like Sony MDR-V700s
seanious +

sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2

seanious's Avatar
Joined
Jan '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 2,324
Thanked 503 Times in 288 Posts
Posts
3,822
Just some cheepy Stanton DJPRO3000s (the ones with the flashy lights on the sides), I had a pair of Audio-Technica PRO 700s a few years ago but I broke them Will probably get another set of PRO 700s once the Stantons die and try to take good care of them

Cheers for the love DJ Bones, I have spent a lot of money on it I actually think it was some peepz opinions on ITM (maybe even you Bones) of the Denon 1500S that made me go for it. I can't believe how cheap it is for what you get, awesome aweosme mixer. Only problem is that silver surface will get scratched if you don't take good baby care of it, some of the store demos of it I have seen look like shit.
Garthyboy +

Registered User

Joined
Sep '05
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Posts
1,949

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanious

I have spent a lot of money on it I actually think it was some peepz opinions on ITM (maybe even you Bones) of the Denon 1500S that made me go for it. I can't believe how cheap it is for what you get, awesome aweosme mixer. Only problem is that silver surface will get scratched if you don't take good baby care of it, some of the store demos of it I have seen look like shit.

I had a Denon 1500 for years....the original black one
Really sad to part with it.....that baby took a beating....well a controlled beating and was in perfect condition the day i passed it on to another ITM member
I am sure it is still in as new perfect functioning condition.
Really underated for what it is.....i opted for it over a DJM600 at the time (6 years ago) and it was the best decision i made.

Only complaint was it had a tendancy to get a little warm if not well ventilated.....but still ran perfect.

Only reason i moved on was the upgrade to my Ecler EVO5....but thats like comparing apples and oranges
YossarianIsSane +

Registered User

YossarianIsSane's Avatar
Joined
Nov '05
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 108
Thanked 182 Times in 101 Posts
Posts
1,404

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Bones

nice set up. fucking love that mixer. most underrated mixer imho. what headphones you using?

Word. I mush prefer that to a djm800.
Lloyd C +

Registered User

Joined
Dec '06
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
814

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanious

Just some cheepy Stanton DJPRO3000s (the ones with the flashy lights on the sides), I had a pair of Audio-Technica PRO 700s a few years ago but I broke them Will probably get another set of PRO 700s once the Stantons die and try to take good care of them

Cheers for the love DJ Bones, I have spent a lot of money on it I actually think it was some peepz opinions on ITM (maybe even you Bones) of the Denon 1500S that made me go for it. I can't believe how cheap it is for what you get, awesome aweosme mixer. Only problem is that silver surface will get scratched if you don't take good baby care of it, some of the store demos of it I have seen look like shit.

those cheapy stantons are currently more expensive than the pro 700s at dj warehouse... the black ones anyway

I'm curious to know what you liked better about the pro700s compared to the stantons?
seanious +

sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2

seanious's Avatar
Joined
Jan '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 2,324
Thanked 503 Times in 288 Posts
Posts
3,822

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lloyd C

those cheapy stantons are currently more expensive than the pro 700s at dj warehouse... the black ones anyway

I'm curious to know what you liked better about the pro700s compared to the stantons?

Must of been on special when I bought them, or perhaps I have the wrong model number...Anyways the Pro 700s felt alot more comfortable, had good strong bass and they just felt better on my big head
trancemuppet +

muppets everywhere.....

trancemuppet's Avatar
Joined
Dec '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Posts
342

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanious

Well I suppose it's my turn



2 x Stanton ST8.150s
2 x Denon DN-S1000
1 x Denon DN-X1500s

With Serrato, bit of an interesting setup that I have been piecemealing together and only completed recently. Will probably get a proper desk setup once I move out and kind of wishing Stantons were silver so they'd match my mixer! (or vica-versa). All good, does the job for me.

Noob question here.

Just looking at the way your TTs are set up. I have mine set up the opposite of yours (longways). WHat are the pros and cons of each, or does it come down to lack of room on your desk or just personal preference.

What is battle style?

Cheers
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
slackas +

Music on my mind...

slackas's Avatar
Joined
Jun '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 81
Thanked 97 Times in 69 Posts
Posts
5,396
^^ He has them in battle style bro, better for scratching, a little less easy to knock the tone arm and save a bit of space.

Cons: If your mixing the pitch is all the way up the top.
Tech-One
Garthyboy +

Registered User

Joined
Sep '05
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Posts
1,949

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanious

Well I suppose it's my turn



2 x Stanton ST8.150s
2 x Denon DN-S1000
1 x Denon DN-X1500s

With Serrato, bit of an interesting setup that I have been piecemealing together and only completed recently. Will probably get a proper desk setup once I move out and kind of wishing Stantons were silver so they'd match my mixer! (or vica-versa). All good, does the job for me.


You need to extend that shelf out towards you on a 45 degree slope and put your CDJ's there
They look like they would be hard to reach with a record playing
pEAkeR_hAT +

"The Peoples' Champion"

pEAkeR_hAT's Avatar
Joined
Apr '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 8,416
Thanked 4,661 Times in 2,288 Posts
Posts
12,345
yeah riding the pitch is a bitch if you have to reach over the tone arm
ferretrock +

speaker whore

ferretrock's Avatar
Joined
Mar '06
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 20
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Posts
9,613
^+1 - Screwed up a few of my sets by not moving the decks around (back to non battle-style) before my set.
seanious +

sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2

seanious's Avatar
Joined
Jan '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 2,324
Thanked 503 Times in 288 Posts
Posts
3,822
Yea as I said I am going to be moving out soon so haven't bothered fixing up my CD-DJs, and space is a serious constraint which is why I have the TTs battle style - although I see alot clubs have their TTs in battle style so I figured it be a good chance to practice it.

The shelf was originally for books but it also makes a good spot for my laptop/CD DJs, and fortunately I'm tall enough to see what the CDDJs are up to
trancemuppet +

muppets everywhere.....

trancemuppet's Avatar
Joined
Dec '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Posts
342

Quote:

Originally Posted by slackas

^^ He has them in battle style bro, better for scratching, a little less easy to knock the tone arm and save a bit of space.

Cons: If your mixing the pitch is all the way up the top.

Sweet. Thanks for that.
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
KuRuPTeD +

you gonna get raped

KuRuPTeD's Avatar
Joined
Feb '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 2,046
Thanked 1,458 Times in 624 Posts
Posts
4,293

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruso View Post

That cock is glorious, for the record.

Quote:

Originally Posted by i am an alias View Post

i love flashing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

online features dont work when youve got no net connection

Sketti +

Registered User

Joined
Feb '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
42
just my begginers setup for now, upgrading to a djm 800 and 2 cdj100's in the next few months
idiotik +

go hard and NEVER go home!

idiotik's Avatar
Joined
Jul '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
76
^think you meant cdj1000s right
GrEnNo +

WHAT R U LOOKIN AT

GrEnNo's Avatar
Joined
Aug '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1
Thanked 13 Times in 5 Posts
Posts
957
why upgrade to 1000's. the 800's are fine. practically exactly the same
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
seanious +

sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2

seanious's Avatar
Joined
Jan '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 2,324
Thanked 503 Times in 288 Posts
Posts
3,822
Haha love the Sepia pic, nice looking setup Kurupted
pomrocks +

Does it Deep

pomrocks's Avatar
Joined
Sep '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 527
Thanked 1,013 Times in 670 Posts
Posts
14,092

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrEnNo

why upgrade to 1000's. the 800's are fine. practically exactly the same

my thoughts exactly, especially for home use
Playing at;


Gigs & stuff - Dave Stuart - DJ Page


SHRUG
Fig Smiff +

Digital Freak

Fig Smiff's Avatar
Joined
Feb '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
147
Everyone wants the best of everything like me man if you have the money to through around i started with a idj2 than cdj-400s than cdj-800s than cdj-1000s top of the rang haha loving it.
Sketti +

Registered User

Joined
Feb '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
42

Quote:

Originally Posted by idiotik

^think you meant cdj1000s right



hahah yeah my bad typo, ment to be 1000's
Sketti +

Registered User

Joined
Feb '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
42

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrEnNo

why upgrade to 1000's. the 800's are fine. practically exactly the same


Because i want to use ableton with my setup, unless i down grade my cdj's to cdj400's and use pioneers computer based program which i dont want to do because i think there crap compared to the mk3's. I also move around alot and the ease of acsess having all my songs on the go is just awesome. therefore id rather spend the extra money on uprgrading to the djm 700 or 800 not decided yet
pomrocks +

Does it Deep

pomrocks's Avatar
Joined
Sep '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 527
Thanked 1,013 Times in 670 Posts
Posts
14,092
if you're using albeton what's the diff if using CDJ1000 or CDj800?
Playing at;


Gigs & stuff - Dave Stuart - DJ Page


SHRUG
GrEnNo +

WHAT R U LOOKIN AT

GrEnNo's Avatar
Joined
Aug '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1
Thanked 13 Times in 5 Posts
Posts
957

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sketti

Because i want to use ableton with my setup, unless i down grade my cdj's to cdj400's and use pioneers computer based program which i dont want to do because i think there crap compared to the mk3's. I also move around alot and the ease of acsess having all my songs on the go is just awesome. therefore id rather spend the extra money on uprgrading to the djm 700 or 800 not decided yet

why do u need 1000's so u can hook up abelton

soounds like your wasting money, ever thought 1000's are heavier and bigger than the 800's if u are moving alot, I think you need to research this alittle bit more. There are so so so many better options you can go for than this one!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
skills +

Registered User

Joined
Apr '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
106
i like 800s the auto loop function is pretty sick but if i had the money i probably would upgrade and get a djm800 there a good mixer.

Last edited by skills: 23-Mar-09 at 03:11pm

Sketti +

Registered User

Joined
Feb '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
42
because i have the money to do so and i love 1000's there the best. Put it this way atleast im not going overboard and having 4 cdj's and 2 turntables like some of the users on here
Sketti +

Registered User

Joined
Feb '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
42

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrEnNo

why do u need 1000's so u can hook up abelton

soounds like your wasting money, ever thought 1000's are heavier and bigger than the 800's if u are moving alot, I think you need to research this alittle bit more. There are so so so many better options you can go for than this one!!!


i didnt say i needed to change to 1000s so i could use ableton, what i was saying was i dont want to downgrade to the 2 cdj400s and the djm 400 to use pioneers computer based program, get me?
Fig Smiff +

Digital Freak

Fig Smiff's Avatar
Joined
Feb '09
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
147
get 1000s man there the go [= there just jealous cause they cant afford 1000s hahahahaha
skills +

Registered User

Joined
Apr '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
106
better do it soon pioneer prices are going up = ]
trancemuppet +

muppets everywhere.....

trancemuppet's Avatar
Joined
Dec '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Posts
342

Quote:

Originally Posted by KuRuPTeD



Nice Knobs!
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
GrEnNo +

WHAT R U LOOKIN AT

GrEnNo's Avatar
Joined
Aug '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1
Thanked 13 Times in 5 Posts
Posts
957

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sketti

i didnt say i needed to change to 1000s so i could use ableton, what i was saying was i dont want to downgrade to the 2 cdj400s and the djm 400 to use pioneers computer based program, get me?


well all I can say is what I would be doing is keeping the 800's, upgrade your mixer which i agree on you there, use the money left over which you were gonna buy the 1000's and buy a midi controller to control your abelton, which this would make is so so much easier to move around abelton more if you are gonna be continuly playing from cdj to abelton.

you can bail out on the midi controller if u get a DJM 800 but there is not really enough midi knobs to map to abelton and would definatly find it a hard time.

the rest of the money, get some tunes, gear isnt everything, tunes are everything!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
pomrocks +

Does it Deep

pomrocks's Avatar
Joined
Sep '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 527
Thanked 1,013 Times in 670 Posts
Posts
14,092
some good advice there!
Playing at;


Gigs & stuff - Dave Stuart - DJ Page


SHRUG
Shifty-Sly +

Registered User

Shifty-Sly's Avatar
Joined
Nov '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
1,329
Sketti should be able to spend his $$$ they way he want's

You get those 1000's man and when you do let me know and I will get rid of those horrible old 2nd rate 800's for you mate
GrEnNo +

WHAT R U LOOKIN AT

GrEnNo's Avatar
Joined
Aug '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1
Thanked 13 Times in 5 Posts
Posts
957
i know he cant, i just think he can do it a better way.

I would buy equiptment so it would help me out the most, what I feel comfortable with, not cos its just the best. and all that stuff that I pointed out would definatly cost less than upgrading to 1000's and a DJM 800. I have 800's and have no worries with it, i play on 1000's when I play out, i see no different

But hey, what ever you do, have fun with it mate
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
KuRuPTeD +

you gonna get raped

KuRuPTeD's Avatar
Joined
Feb '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 2,046
Thanked 1,458 Times in 624 Posts
Posts
4,293

Quote:

Originally Posted by trancemuppet

Nice Knobs!

thats what she said!


Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruso View Post

That cock is glorious, for the record.

Quote:

Originally Posted by i am an alias View Post

i love flashing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

online features dont work when youve got no net connection

slackas +

Music on my mind...

slackas's Avatar
Joined
Jun '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 81
Thanked 97 Times in 69 Posts
Posts
5,396

Quote:

Originally Posted by KuRuPTeD

thats what she said!


Tech-One
Dr Bones +

Gail's in Mensa. She reads books. For fun!

Dr Bones's Avatar
Joined
Sep '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 878
Thanked 2,113 Times in 743 Posts
Posts
9,274
Lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kzzy View Post

The music that I push in my opinion is probably a bit too mature for someone who listens to "Trance" but hey, we all have to start somewhere?

Zodiac +

What do you mean we aren't going to the Superbowl?

Zodiac's Avatar
Joined
Dec '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 7,748
Thanked 3,335 Times in 1,825 Posts
Posts
16,353
lol at this thread. Always love it when the noobs who play at all the shit parties around the different towns all think they know their shit cos they have a DJM800 + 2 x CDJ 1000 Mk3s at home. I want to be like you guys.

Superstar DJs. Here we go!
"Words are bullshit. They are just useless sounds´╗┐ we make with our stupid mouths". Rafi - The league
Reply

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Posting Rules

+
    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts