Food, Photography and Travel

Camera company DigitalRev busted selling used cameras sold as new online...

Tools
Spectrum +

What?! No Crossfader!

Times thanked
< 147
Camera company DigitalRev busted selling used cameras sold as new online...
Camera company DigitalRev busted selling used cameras sold as new online

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/technology/bi...#ixzz2LDqR4N4e

Could have been a misfortunate oversight on their behalf, and hopefully they're not repeat offenders. In fact, there doesn't appear to be a single example of a second used camera being sold as new, so the Daily Tabloid should probably pull their heads in a little.

Never purchased from them, though the do appear to be one of the better online retailers our if Asia (Hong Kong). Don't mind their youtube 'reviews' for a bit of a laff either.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DigitalRevCom
NismoR31 +

Times thanked
< 9,348
i've purchased heaps of stuff from them & it's always been brand new.
Spectrum +

What?! No Crossfader!

Times thanked
< 147
Yeah, I've expressed my disgust of news.com.au on their own Facebook page when even they make the remark in the article, "It is not known at this point whether this is an isolated incident. News.com.au has contacted DigitalRev for comment."

Yet, news.com.au is all too keen to slam the DigitalRev along with an imaginary exaggerated headline re "CAMERAS", suggesting more-than-an-isolated-incident.

Dickhead media as per usual.
Ruthykins +

Stay awake little missfit

Times thanked
< 3,926
I almost exclusively buy gear from DigitalRev - they've been really good to deal with and all the gear has been top notch, never had a problem.

News.com.au aren't exactly at the pinnacle of reliable journalism... but who knows...maybe they have taken to a life of piracy! Arrrr
Ya baloney
KarlG +

Times thanked
< 50
Their response was excellent & a great example of how to deal with a stuff up...

Article on PetaPixel (somewhat more credible than News) - see the bottom of the article for DigitalRev's response.

http://www.petapixel.com/2013/02/18/...online-as-new/
autumn acid +

pandering

Times thanked
< 206
Yeah, could not figure out why they used the plural of the word camera.

Regardless, I guess there is always a risk with grey market stuff, particularly IF something does go wrong.

I have also found not much of a price differential on a few things. I think the discount is greatest with point and shoot stuff.
EAD
the_pezman +

itsnotjustfunkitsafusion

Times thanked
< 323
ha. news.com.au reports news the same way things are handled at my work. knee jerk reprimands first, no questions later. its not until someone steps fwd and defends themselves do they try to make an effort.

dr's response was spot on without the condescending rug sweeping thats normally seen in these situations. good on em
has anyone posted the response to the news.com.au site?

and lol @ the first comment, kai touched it, resell it for more! lol (he is annoying tho!)
>picture|life
>pictr|flickr
>fan my fase

« Previous Thread Next Thread »