Tools
rancho +

Oooooooh such a good time

Times thanked
<
Thanked 7,099 Times in 2,856 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ D one

Would she had received the same treatment if she was fat and ugly!!!

D1

arent most booths crammed enough as it is? i would have to say no. purely for OH&S reasons ofcourse.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

well, according to dictionary.com
chilli is hot pepper food etc.
chilly is cold temperature.

MissAnge +

She has the blood of reptile just underneath her skin..

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by havik

I love the trashy ones that ask me to drop the tune that is playing.
When I point out that its hammering out of the speakers, their expressions are gold!

...what does that even mean?!
Skerik +

naff

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by rancho

arent most booths crammed enough as it is? i would have to say no. purely for OH&S reasons ofcourse.

Thats what i said when her friend tried to jump in
.music. .pictures. .project:tryptamine.
frankxinyu +

Times thanked
<
i felt bad coz i asked a really well known dj to play a track the other night when i was a bit too happy...he agreed, but i cant recall hearing it....

i think maybe just simply ignoring the request is the best solution....
Nixtol +

Tolerating crap since '82

Times thanked
<
I don't mind people asking for requests, quite often it will send my set in a totally different direction, takes me on an unexpected tangent. Although on occasion you do get some requests that simply will not suit the venue... but there is no need to be a dick about it, just explain you have to stay to a certain style. But some people can get really aggressive or rude, in which case they cop an ear full, don't call me a shit DJ because you came to a club that plays house when you're a RnB fan... idiot!

Although one of my fav kind of requester is the one that comes up and asks you for the track you have been looping, or bringing in really slowly for the past 2-3 mins, because they have heard key sounds in it without noticing. As they turn to walk away you bring it into the mix really obviously and they spin the fuck out! How did he do that so fast!
Snatch & Grab
Phoenix
Lesbian-Indie-Weekly
www.myspace.com/snatch_and_grab
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,497 Times in 917 Posts
Hahahahaa - just found this in a similar thread on another forum...put up a sign, "TEXT THE DJ NIGHT...text requests too...number" and put up whoevers number you want to annoy that night. i.e your mate who was supposed to be supporting your gig but is "having a quiet one"

3am texts asking for Britney Spears

Brilliant!
Pete Gordon - Deep and Low

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

https://soundcloud.com/random_kiwi/deep-and-low
Afro thunder +

NOT AfroLeft

Times thanked
<
I'm startin to feel like im not qualified to post my opinion in any of these type threads, coz the difference between everywhere else and Canberra seems to b getting bigger and bigger in my mind. Most of the parties that i've been to, be it a club, hired venue, where ever, have a crowd that's there to listen to the music (usually they'll be aware of what is going to be playing, and not be like 'zomg where's the house music?), and have a good fun time.

I don't think requesting a song is out of line, but as mentioned first by holtless, it should fit in with the set being played. I've requested a tune or 2 many a time, but i request trance from a DJ who's playing trance... not electro house from a dude who;s playing gabber.

Way i see it, the DJ is there to provide the service of good music (as perceived by the audience... lets not turn this into a genre fight) to the punters. Obviously the genre is the choice of the DJ, and his mixing skills should be used to enhance the flavour of the music, and not attract all the attention to me me me.
So it's no good to simply tell everyone to fuck off, coz it's YOUR hour, and you'll do whatever the hell you damn well please.

Again tho, that's just the way i see it in Canberra.

I don't think i'd dream of trying to fight my way to the DJ at Home n request a tune
BTM'S
Random Crew!!

Tyx - ValenTunes Day
dj_barty +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ D one

Would she had received the same treatment if she was fat and ugly!!!

D1

offcoruse not, that would just be silly....
Majestyk +

Times thanked
<
I was playing my friends 21st in Newcastle and as such was playing to a crowd not open to the genre of music I play. That's cool I thought, i'll just play cheese. That obviously didn't cut it and my pride was completely shot when "Love Shack" was requested. I told the girl to fuck off and stopped playing.
I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era.
dave1986 +

Times thanked
<
I remember seeing PVD at YU and seeing a guy request a track

I'm sure he was a big fan and would have requested a good tune, probably a PVD tune, but i think requesting songs to anyone like that is poor form
Afro thunder +

NOT AfroLeft

Times thanked
<
Maybe a good way of dealing with these request0rs is to say 'yea mate, no worries, i'll play it soon' and then just not play it
BTM'S
Random Crew!!

Tyx - ValenTunes Day
Funkedub +

"You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help."

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,141 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Majestyk

my pride was completely shot when "Love Shack" was requested. I told the girl to fuck off and stopped playing.

i would've drop this ... http://www.mashit.com/2007/10/17/mas...rderbot-remix/

For all of your musical needs*

funkedub dot com

*musical needs most likely not met
gamblore +

Deleted User Account

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random_Kiwi

Hahahahaa - just found this in a similar thread on another forum...put up a sign, "TEXT THE DJ NIGHT...text requests too...number" and put up whoevers number you want to annoy that night. i.e your mate who was supposed to be supporting your gig but is "having a quiet one"

3am texts asking for Britney Spears

Brilliant!

Hahaha, classic!!!
I'll be back...
Page 2 of 2

« Previous Thread Next Thread »