The DJ Booth

chaepest reliable setup

Reply
Page 3 of 4
  Tools
cowabungadude +

Registered User

Joined
Oct '06
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
614

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenom

yea youve got a good point but ive already been given that lecture (with ther exception that apparently i think all adults are stupid imaginary monkeys).

lenom fuck off
Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Bumpy's Avatar
Joined
Mar '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,179
Thanked 4,528 Times in 1,493 Posts
Posts
5,507
^^Come on man no need to be like that
lenom +

Registered User

Joined
Sep '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
58

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowabungadude

lenom fuck off

wtf?
oliosky +

Steel City Resident

oliosky's Avatar
Joined
Jul '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 60
Thanked 47 Times in 20 Posts
Posts
959
TBH mate, I'm sure no one on here gives a flying fuck what you buy really. They are just offering their opinion based on their own experiences. Go and buy the stantons, see you back here in six months whinging about how unreliable they are. Read this ENTIRE thread, http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107971
hoppuspears +

Registered User

Joined
Mar '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
686
Maybe Stantom c314s have been fixed. My mate has had his for a good 6 months.. No problems at all. He Dj's 6 hour party sets without missing a beat.
clayq +

Registered User

Joined
May '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
125
Get some 2nd hand Pioneers and be done with it...
Harder Better Faster Stronger
Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Bumpy's Avatar
Joined
Mar '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,179
Thanked 4,528 Times in 1,493 Posts
Posts
5,507
I really wanna see someone snap off the disc tray on a stanton while mixing.. i rekon that would be halarious and it would have to be by accident to
lenom +

Registered User

Joined
Sep '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
58

Quote:

Originally Posted by oliosky

TBH mate, I'm sure no one on here gives a flying fuck what you buy really. They are just offering their opinion based on their own experiences. Go and buy the stantons, see you back here in six months whinging about how unreliable they are. Read this ENTIRE thread, http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107971

how many times am i going to have to say im not buying the stantons anymore so plz stop posting about it. read this WHOLE thread before posting anything.
lenom +

Registered User

Joined
Sep '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumpy

I really wanna see someone snap off the disc tray on a stanton while mixing.. i rekon that would be halarious and it would have to be by accident to

yea but that would be funny on any cd player, if you do find a video of this please send me it tho i was cracking up thinking about it.
Bracko +

Bracko's Avatar
Joined
Apr '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,532
Thanked 2,799 Times in 1,577 Posts
Posts
42,178

Quote:

Originally Posted by pomrocks

sarcasm doesnt always get picked up......and after some of the comments on here nothing would surprise me.....

a bit like the dude with the problem with beatport screwing up his bpm;'s

with the amount of n00bs here at the moment I'd be second guessing too.
step on my cubes.
Blink Me +

Registered User

Blink Me's Avatar
Joined
Aug '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
93
Good lord. Here's some straight up advice. Do not buy Stantons. Buy Denon DNS-1000s. They f_cking kick ass. My mate has two, and a DNX100. It's a fantastic set up. I'm not sure what the cheapest price you could pay for it, but even if you had to go second hand, I would. They are solid built, have all the features someone at your stage could possibly want and will last you a long time. Trust me on this.

Last edited by Blink Me: 11-Oct-07 at 10:39pm

lenom +

Registered User

Joined
Sep '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blink Me

Good lord. Here's some straight up advice. Do not buy Stantons. Buy Denon DNS-1000s. They f_cking kick ass. May mate has two, and a DNX100. It's a fantastic set up. I'm not sure what the cheapest price you could pay for it, but even if you had to go second hand, I would. They are solid biult, have all the features someone at your stage could possibly want and will last you a long time. Trust me on this.

im not going to say it any more time, look at my fist post on page 3, im not going to buy the fcking stantons!!!!!
cowabungadude +

Registered User

Joined
Oct '06
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
614

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenom

im not going to say it any more time, look at my fist post on page 3, im not going to buy the fcking stantons!!!!!

read his post dick, he said not to buy them
can this thread be closed please, this arrogant selfish f*uck needs a kick in the ass
Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Bumpy's Avatar
Joined
Mar '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,179
Thanked 4,528 Times in 1,493 Posts
Posts
5,507

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenom

ilook at my fist post on page 3, im not going to buy the fcking stantons!!!!!

Your first post of page three is WTF


Quote:

Originally Posted by cowabungadude

read his post dick, he said not to buy them
can this thread be closed please, this arrogant selfish f*uck needs a kick in the ass

Maybe you should read what he said.. which was that he is not going to buy the stantons.. take a page out of your own book...also i agree with you can this please be closed the suspense is killing me
Axel Axis +

Registered User

Joined
Oct '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
93

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenom

whats so bad about behringer? you never seem to see anybody who owns one complain about it

Stop typing argumentative posts, and come back when you've made some effort reading the PAGES of threads about REAL experience by people who have collectively owned ALL of the gear mentioned.




If you maintain your stance on behinringer after extensive reading then you are past any help that we can provide.
oliosky +

Steel City Resident

oliosky's Avatar
Joined
Jul '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 60
Thanked 47 Times in 20 Posts
Posts
959

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenom

how many times am i going to have to say im not buying the stantons anymore so plz stop posting about it. read this WHOLE thread before posting anything.

Go eat a dick fuckwad. You are obviously too stupid to actually understand any of the advice outlined within this thread. You keep asking the same retarded questions over and over. Lrn2rsrchmr FFS
Axel Axis +

Registered User

Joined
Oct '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
93

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenom

ok im going to try and stay cool but you have convinced me... i agree with you behringer and stanton arent good, you can stop telling me this now.

Then you clearly have a communication problem. The large majority of thread contributers want to stab their own face out of frustration of your repeated questions and dismissive attitude.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenom

also why close this thread? whats wrong with it?

A You dont listen
B Because the contents have been discussed eleventy billion times before.
GOTO: A
lenom +

Registered User

Joined
Sep '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
58
ok...

im sorry if i seem dismissive, the main reason why i asked a lot of questions and was maybe a bit too slow to agree that the stantons arent the best option, i spose the main thing was that when i first saw the stantons the guy there told me that they were a great buy and i wouldnt have a problem with them.

thanks to all the people who have given advice, its been a great help.
Bracko +

Bracko's Avatar
Joined
Apr '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,532
Thanked 2,799 Times in 1,577 Posts
Posts
42,178
if you seriously can't afford the denon units then i would suggest buying a rack mounted unit, ohnoes you want vinyl mode..... well, on a budget you are going to have to compromise...... denon are okay.

as for the stanton 314's there's almost no-one on this forum who has used them, talk to people that do own them..... SEARCH on djforums and see the general vibe for them.
step on my cubes.
Blink Me +

Registered User

Blink Me's Avatar
Joined
Aug '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
93
Read my previous post. Forget the "don't buy the Stantons", but read the rest, about the Denon's, you will not be disappointed. They are a great buy. Do it.
Bracko +

Bracko's Avatar
Joined
Apr '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,532
Thanked 2,799 Times in 1,577 Posts
Posts
42,178
http://www.storedj.com.au/products/product.php?id=990

tascam are nothing to be snuffed at either.
step on my cubes.
lenom +

Registered User

Joined
Sep '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bracko

if you seriously can't afford the denon units then i would suggest buying a rack mounted unit, ohnoes you want vinyl mode..... well, on a budget you are going to have to compromise...... denon are okay.

as for the stanton 314's there's almost no-one on this forum who has used them, talk to people that do own them..... SEARCH on djforums and see the general vibe for them.

i should be able to afford some denon dns 1000s but id have to buy them online.
newjack +

brisvegas_vibez

newjack's Avatar
Joined
Apr '03
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
3,025
have you got a speaker system yet lenom.. ill sell ya one for cheap as
FOR SALE - 2x JBL 300w SP-15 & SKT-V6 Power Amp + Cables $1,700 ONO / Nightlife Info www.myspace.com/aussie_vibez & uk_vibez , usa_vibez , ibiza_vibez , brisvegas_vibez , sydney_vibez , melbourne_vibez , streetmusicnmags
newjack +

brisvegas_vibez

newjack's Avatar
Joined
Apr '03
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
3,025
Hey mate.. in all seriousness you are a complete beginner and in 2-3 years time when you want to advance and find out that Djing is your thing upgrade and pass on this stuff.. ive looked at it and think you pay for what you get.. The true is, you dont need a professional dj set up cause you are no where near that and iam 30 years old and stil not..



For a mixer i would go for this mixer here.. its very similar the DJM300 and has BPM counter on each channel..

Behringer VMX100 Mixer - $149.00

Really a rackmount would be best for you and this product offers everything you would need to begin with..

Stanton C500 Dual CD Player - $399.00



1 of the most important thing i would say to a kid who want to dj is.. don't worry about getting flash equipment.. Learn about music and keep on learning. as much as you can.. since you can't go to nightclubs try watch a few u-tube vids or purchase a dvd or book about djing..

iam guessing your into Hip Hop 50 Cent stuff. most kids are..
FOR SALE - 2x JBL 300w SP-15 & SKT-V6 Power Amp + Cables $1,700 ONO / Nightlife Info www.myspace.com/aussie_vibez & uk_vibez , usa_vibez , ibiza_vibez , brisvegas_vibez , sydney_vibez , melbourne_vibez , streetmusicnmags
lenom +

Registered User

Joined
Sep '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
58

Quote:

Originally Posted by newjack

Hey mate.. in all seriousness you are a complete beginner and in 2-3 years time when you want to advance and find out that Djing is your thing upgrade and pass on this stuff.. ive looked at it and think you pay for what you get.. The true is, you dont need a professional dj set up cause you are no where near that and iam 30 years old and stil not..



For a mixer i would go for this mixer here.. its very similar the DJM300 and has BPM counter on each channel..

Behringer VMX100 Mixer - $149.00

Really a rackmount would be best for you and this product offers everything you would need to begin with..

Stanton C500 Dual CD Player - $399.00



1 of the most important thing i would say to a kid who want to dj is.. don't worry about getting flash equipment.. Learn about music and keep on learning. as much as you can.. since you can't go to nightclubs try watch a few u-tube vids or purchase a dvd or book about djing..

iam guessing your into Hip Hop 50 Cent stuff. most kids are..

tomorrow theres some sale at a big guitar shop that sells dj gear, ill be sure to have a look at them.

also i may be one of the only kids in aus that likes house, the only problem is ive come across is that i havent found any compilation cds that arent mixed, i need to find a bigger music shop.
Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Bumpy's Avatar
Joined
Mar '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,179
Thanked 4,528 Times in 1,493 Posts
Posts
5,507
The world doesn't revolve around you you little shit.
there are hundreds of kids in Australia that like house music.. I being one of them
littlebrains69 +

JimmyJams

littlebrains69's Avatar
Joined
Feb '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Posts
1,393

Quote:

Originally Posted by newjack

iam guessing your into Hip Hop 50 Cent stuff. most kids are..

Lovin' the grampa assumptions there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenom

also i may be one of the only kids in aus that likes house,

Respect level for you just went up one point....... your now at 1.
Blink Me +

Registered User

Blink Me's Avatar
Joined
Aug '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
93
Kid, you need to shut the f_ck up and get the Denons. Do eeet!
gamblore +

Deleted User Account

gamblore's Avatar
Joined
Jan '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
1,207

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenom

also i may be one of the only kids in aus that likes house

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumpy

there are hundreds of kids in Australia that like house music.. I being one of them

Hey boys, not trying to judge you, because I don't even know you, but my assumption is your talking about Electro House?
I'll be back...
DJ D one +

Registered User

DJ D one's Avatar
Joined
May '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Posts
1,500

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenom

tomorrow theres some sale at a big guitar shop that sells dj gear, ill be sure to have a look at them.

also i may be one of the only kids in aus that likes house, the only problem is ive come across is that i havent found any compilation cds that arent mixed, i need to find a bigger music shop.

You don't get toons from shop, you get them from beatport and the like. So one problem solved for you...then again you probably need to ask dad for the CC numbers.

D1
www.weeknsoundz.com
trenthalliday +

s'up?

trenthalliday's Avatar
Joined
Jan '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
9,054

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenom

im not going to say it any more time, look at my fist post on page 3, im not going to buy the fcking stantons!!!!!


Hey mate I dont think you should buy the Stantons ay......







sorry I just like winding people up.....

also I came into this post really late and am only just skimming over everything but it seems your not listening to what people are saying?? bad move, these guys know what they are talking about (mostly....there is the odd exception) so respect and patience are needed more than anything else...



oh yeah and if I were you.....DO NOT buy the stantons (im loosing count how many times I have posted that in the forums...!) hehehehe
gamblore +

Deleted User Account

gamblore's Avatar
Joined
Jan '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
1,207
Hey bro, I agree with Trent, I don't think you should buy the stantons either...

































































I'll be back...
oliosky +

Steel City Resident

oliosky's Avatar
Joined
Jul '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 60
Thanked 47 Times in 20 Posts
Posts
959
Stanton 314s look like a good buy for the price....
Axel Axis +

Registered User

Joined
Oct '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
93

Quote:

Originally Posted by newjack

Hey mate.. in all seriousness you are a complete beginner and in 2-3 years time when you want to advance and find out that Djing is your thing upgrade and pass on this stuff.. ive looked at it and think you pay for what you get.. The true is, you dont need a professional dj set up cause you are no where near that and iam 30 years old and stil not..



For a mixer i would go for this mixer here.. its very similar the DJM300 and has BPM counter on each channel..

Behringer VMX100 Mixer - $149.00

Really a rackmount would be best for you and this product offers everything you would need to begin with..

Stanton C500 Dual CD Player - $399.00



1 of the most important thing i would say to a kid who want to dj is.. don't worry about getting flash equipment.. Learn about music and keep on learning. as much as you can.. since you can't go to nightclubs try watch a few u-tube vids or purchase a dvd or book about djing..

iam guessing your into Hip Hop 50 Cent stuff. most kids are..


This thread was heading towards a good place untill you dumped that load.
trenthalliday +

s'up?

trenthalliday's Avatar
Joined
Jan '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
9,054
Maybe go have a look at the Stantons....just to confirm that you should not buy them
lenom +

Registered User

Joined
Sep '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
58

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamblore

Hey boys, not trying to judge you, because I don't even know you, but my assumption is your talking about Electro House?

i like ministy of sound... that sort of stuff, i also like led zepplin and that sort of stuff, nice combination eh?
trenthalliday +

s'up?

trenthalliday's Avatar
Joined
Jan '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
9,054

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenom

i like ministy of sound... that sort of stuff, i also like led zepplin and that sort of stuff, nice combination eh?


Just use your normal cd player and play MOS annuals back to back.....fool proof

Led Zep.....
pomrocks +

Does it Deep

pomrocks's Avatar
Joined
Sep '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 527
Thanked 1,013 Times in 670 Posts
Posts
14,092
not bad at all for a 13 year old, MOS is crappy but you'll grow out of that after a while, dont forget we're old jaded f'kers
Playing at;


Gigs & stuff - Dave Stuart - DJ Page


SHRUG
lenom +

Registered User

Joined
Sep '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
58

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ D one

You don't get toons from shop, you get them from beatport and the like. So one problem solved for you...then again you probably need to ask dad for the CC numbers.

D1

, are there any shops in aus where you can buy gift cards for beatport? i used to buy music from the itunes store and you could buy a $20 card and you didnt need a credit card, if you cant im gonna either have to keep a very good record of how many songs ive bought or get my self one of those debit cards, either way beatport looks like a pretty good site to get music from.

Last edited by lenom: 12-Oct-07 at 01:46pm

pomrocks +

Does it Deep

pomrocks's Avatar
Joined
Sep '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 527
Thanked 1,013 Times in 670 Posts
Posts
14,092
i think you can use paypal with beatport now so that you dont need a c/card, or get a st geogre debit card.

dont worry about buying too many songs to start with. get 20-30 tracks you really love and practice practice practice
Playing at;


Gigs & stuff - Dave Stuart - DJ Page


SHRUG
lenom +

Registered User

Joined
Sep '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
58

Quote:

Originally Posted by pomrocks

i think you can use paypal with beatport now so that you dont need a c/card, or get a st geogre debit card.

dont worry about buying too many songs to start with. get 20-30 tracks you really love and practice practice practice

thats my plan so far.
trenthalliday +

s'up?

trenthalliday's Avatar
Joined
Jan '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
9,054
But dont buy the Stantons....beatport songs sound crap through stantons......












alright sorry I'll stop.........










seriously dont buy them
littlebrains69 +

JimmyJams

littlebrains69's Avatar
Joined
Feb '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Posts
1,393

Quote:

Originally Posted by pomrocks

i think you can use paypal with beatport now so that you dont need a c/card, or get a st geogre debit card.

dont worry about buying too many songs to start with. get 20-30 tracks you really love and practice practice practice


Yeh get a visa / mastercard debit card, then its like having a credit card and you can do what you want with your money.

ALSO. dont try to mix songs off your ministry of sound compilations (they are already mixed) so the track begins pretty much when everything drops. If theres a song on a MOS CD you want to mix - you have to go and download the full edit of the song you want to mix. That way it has a nice meaty intro that you can spend hours trying to beatmatch with. Just thought of that then, alot of noobs try to mix off their illegally obtained MOS compilations
cowabungadude +

Registered User

Joined
Oct '06
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
614
why are people still giving this kid advice?
pomrocks +

Does it Deep

pomrocks's Avatar
Joined
Sep '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 527
Thanked 1,013 Times in 670 Posts
Posts
14,092

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlebrains69

If theres a song on a MOS CD you want to mix -

throw it in the bin and start again
Playing at;


Gigs & stuff - Dave Stuart - DJ Page


SHRUG
gamblore +

Deleted User Account

gamblore's Avatar
Joined
Jan '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
1,207

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenom

i like ministy of sound... that sort of stuff

Yeah I had you pegged. Sorry bro, hate to burst your bubble but that's not house.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pomrocks

throw it in the bin and start again

Too true! Fuck beatport, got to traxsource, get some real music.

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlebrains69

ALSO. dont try to mix songs off your ministry of sound compilations (they are already mixed) so the track begins pretty much when everything drops. If theres a song on a MOS CD you want to mix - you have to go and download the full edit of the song you want to mix. That way it has a nice meaty intro that you can spend hours trying to beatmatch with. Just thought of that then, alot of noobs try to mix off their illegally obtained MOS compilations

Exactly! Mixed CD's aren't meant to be mixed! QFT
I'll be back...
lenom +

Registered User

Joined
Sep '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
58
ok so beatport looks pretty good but i dont have a cd burner, this isnt a problem tho, i do however feel sorry for my friend who will be burning all the cds .

Last edited by lenom: 12-Oct-07 at 07:50pm

gamblore +

Deleted User Account

gamblore's Avatar
Joined
Jan '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
1,207
Do you fucking listen? Or don't you know how to read?
I'll be back...
lenom +

Registered User

Joined
Sep '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
58
ok so you want me to use traxsource? that looks cool too.
Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Bumpy's Avatar
Joined
Mar '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,179
Thanked 4,528 Times in 1,493 Posts
Posts
5,507
You can use whatever website to get music you want..
Page 3 of 4
Reply

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Posting Rules

+
    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts