chaepest reliable setup

Page 3 of 4
  Tools
cowabungadude +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenom

yea youve got a good point but ive already been given that lecture (with ther exception that apparently i think all adults are stupid imaginary monkeys).

lenom fuck off
Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Times thanked
<
Thanked 4,528 Times in 1,493 Posts
^^Come on man no need to be like that
lenom +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowabungadude

lenom fuck off

wtf?
oliosky +

Steel City Resident

Times thanked
<
TBH mate, I'm sure no one on here gives a flying fuck what you buy really. They are just offering their opinion based on their own experiences. Go and buy the stantons, see you back here in six months whinging about how unreliable they are. Read this ENTIRE thread, http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107971
hoppuspears +

Times thanked
<
Maybe Stantom c314s have been fixed. My mate has had his for a good 6 months.. No problems at all. He Dj's 6 hour party sets without missing a beat.
clayq +

Times thanked
<
Get some 2nd hand Pioneers and be done with it...
Harder Better Faster Stronger
Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Times thanked
<
I really wanna see someone snap off the disc tray on a stanton while mixing.. i rekon that would be halarious and it would have to be by accident to
lenom +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by oliosky

TBH mate, I'm sure no one on here gives a flying fuck what you buy really. They are just offering their opinion based on their own experiences. Go and buy the stantons, see you back here in six months whinging about how unreliable they are. Read this ENTIRE thread, http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107971

how many times am i going to have to say im not buying the stantons anymore so plz stop posting about it. read this WHOLE thread before posting anything.
lenom +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumpy

I really wanna see someone snap off the disc tray on a stanton while mixing.. i rekon that would be halarious and it would have to be by accident to

yea but that would be funny on any cd player, if you do find a video of this please send me it tho i was cracking up thinking about it.
Bracko +

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,799 Times in 1,577 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by pomrocks

sarcasm doesnt always get picked up......and after some of the comments on here nothing would surprise me.....

a bit like the dude with the problem with beatport screwing up his bpm;'s

with the amount of n00bs here at the moment I'd be second guessing too.
step on my cubes.
Blink Me +

Times thanked
<
Good lord. Here's some straight up advice. Do not buy Stantons. Buy Denon DNS-1000s. They f_cking kick ass. My mate has two, and a DNX100. It's a fantastic set up. I'm not sure what the cheapest price you could pay for it, but even if you had to go second hand, I would. They are solid built, have all the features someone at your stage could possibly want and will last you a long time. Trust me on this.

Last edited by Blink Me: 11-Oct-07 at 10:39pm

lenom +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blink Me

Good lord. Here's some straight up advice. Do not buy Stantons. Buy Denon DNS-1000s. They f_cking kick ass. May mate has two, and a DNX100. It's a fantastic set up. I'm not sure what the cheapest price you could pay for it, but even if you had to go second hand, I would. They are solid biult, have all the features someone at your stage could possibly want and will last you a long time. Trust me on this.

im not going to say it any more time, look at my fist post on page 3, im not going to buy the fcking stantons!!!!!
cowabungadude +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

im not going to say it any more time, look at my fist post on page 3, im not going to buy the fcking stantons!!!!!

read his post dick, he said not to buy them
can this thread be closed please, this arrogant selfish f*uck needs a kick in the ass
Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Times thanked
<

Quote:

ilook at my fist post on page 3, im not going to buy the fcking stantons!!!!!

Your first post of page three is WTF

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowabungadude

read his post dick, he said not to buy them
can this thread be closed please, this arrogant selfish f*uck needs a kick in the ass

Maybe you should read what he said.. which was that he is not going to buy the stantons.. take a page out of your own book...also i agree with you can this please be closed the suspense is killing me
Axel Axis +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

whats so bad about behringer? you never seem to see anybody who owns one complain about it

Stop typing argumentative posts, and come back when you've made some effort reading the PAGES of threads about REAL experience by people who have collectively owned ALL of the gear mentioned.

If you maintain your stance on behinringer after extensive reading then you are past any help that we can provide.
oliosky +

Steel City Resident

Times thanked
<

Quote:

how many times am i going to have to say im not buying the stantons anymore so plz stop posting about it. read this WHOLE thread before posting anything.

Go eat a dick fuckwad. You are obviously too stupid to actually understand any of the advice outlined within this thread. You keep asking the same retarded questions over and over. Lrn2rsrchmr FFS
Axel Axis +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

ok im going to try and stay cool but you have convinced me... i agree with you behringer and stanton arent good, you can stop telling me this now.

Then you clearly have a communication problem. The large majority of thread contributers want to stab their own face out of frustration of your repeated questions and dismissive attitude.

Quote:

also why close this thread? whats wrong with it?

A You dont listen
B Because the contents have been discussed eleventy billion times before.
GOTO: A
lenom +

Times thanked
<
ok...

im sorry if i seem dismissive, the main reason why i asked a lot of questions and was maybe a bit too slow to agree that the stantons arent the best option, i spose the main thing was that when i first saw the stantons the guy there told me that they were a great buy and i wouldnt have a problem with them.

thanks to all the people who have given advice, its been a great help.
Bracko +

Times thanked
<
if you seriously can't afford the denon units then i would suggest buying a rack mounted unit, ohnoes you want vinyl mode..... well, on a budget you are going to have to compromise...... denon are okay.

as for the stanton 314's there's almost no-one on this forum who has used them, talk to people that do own them..... SEARCH on djforums and see the general vibe for them.
step on my cubes.
Blink Me +

Times thanked
<
Read my previous post. Forget the "don't buy the Stantons", but read the rest, about the Denon's, you will not be disappointed. They are a great buy. Do it.
Bracko +

Times thanked
<
http://www.storedj.com.au/products/product.php?id=990

tascam are nothing to be snuffed at either.
step on my cubes.
lenom +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bracko

if you seriously can't afford the denon units then i would suggest buying a rack mounted unit, ohnoes you want vinyl mode..... well, on a budget you are going to have to compromise...... denon are okay.

as for the stanton 314's there's almost no-one on this forum who has used them, talk to people that do own them..... SEARCH on djforums and see the general vibe for them.

i should be able to afford some denon dns 1000s but id have to buy them online.
newjack +

brisvegas_vibez

Times thanked
<
have you got a speaker system yet lenom.. ill sell ya one for cheap as
FOR SALE - 2x JBL 300w SP-15 & SKT-V6 Power Amp + Cables $1,700 ONO / Nightlife Info www.myspace.com/aussie_vibez & uk_vibez , usa_vibez , ibiza_vibez , brisvegas_vibez , sydney_vibez , melbourne_vibez , streetmusicnmags
newjack +

brisvegas_vibez

Times thanked
<
Hey mate.. in all seriousness you are a complete beginner and in 2-3 years time when you want to advance and find out that Djing is your thing upgrade and pass on this stuff.. ive looked at it and think you pay for what you get.. The true is, you dont need a professional dj set up cause you are no where near that and iam 30 years old and stil not..

For a mixer i would go for this mixer here.. its very similar the DJM300 and has BPM counter on each channel..

Behringer VMX100 Mixer - $149.00

Really a rackmount would be best for you and this product offers everything you would need to begin with..

Stanton C500 Dual CD Player - $399.00

1 of the most important thing i would say to a kid who want to dj is.. don't worry about getting flash equipment.. Learn about music and keep on learning. as much as you can.. since you can't go to nightclubs try watch a few u-tube vids or purchase a dvd or book about djing..

iam guessing your into Hip Hop 50 Cent stuff. most kids are..
FOR SALE - 2x JBL 300w SP-15 & SKT-V6 Power Amp + Cables $1,700 ONO / Nightlife Info www.myspace.com/aussie_vibez & uk_vibez , usa_vibez , ibiza_vibez , brisvegas_vibez , sydney_vibez , melbourne_vibez , streetmusicnmags
lenom +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by newjack

Hey mate.. in all seriousness you are a complete beginner and in 2-3 years time when you want to advance and find out that Djing is your thing upgrade and pass on this stuff.. ive looked at it and think you pay for what you get.. The true is, you dont need a professional dj set up cause you are no where near that and iam 30 years old and stil not..

For a mixer i would go for this mixer here.. its very similar the DJM300 and has BPM counter on each channel..

Really a rackmount would be best for you and this product offers everything you would need to begin with..

1 of the most important thing i would say to a kid who want to dj is.. don't worry about getting flash equipment.. Learn about music and keep on learning. as much as you can.. since you can't go to nightclubs try watch a few u-tube vids or purchase a dvd or book about djing..

tomorrow theres some sale at a big guitar shop that sells dj gear, ill be sure to have a look at them.

also i may be one of the only kids in aus that likes house, the only problem is ive come across is that i havent found any compilation cds that arent mixed, i need to find a bigger music shop.
Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Times thanked
<
The world doesn't revolve around you you little shit.
there are hundreds of kids in Australia that like house music.. I being one of them
littlebrains69 +

JimmyJams

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Lovin' the grampa assumptions there.

Quote:

also i may be one of the only kids in aus that likes house,

Respect level for you just went up one point....... your now at 1.
Blink Me +

Times thanked
<
Kid, you need to shut the f_ck up and get the Denons. Do eeet!
gamblore +

Deleted User Account

Times thanked
<

Quote:

also i may be one of the only kids in aus that likes house

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumpy

there are hundreds of kids in Australia that like house music.. I being one of them

Hey boys, not trying to judge you, because I don't even know you, but my assumption is your talking about Electro House?
I'll be back...
DJ D one +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

tomorrow theres some sale at a big guitar shop that sells dj gear, ill be sure to have a look at them.

also i may be one of the only kids in aus that likes house, the only problem is ive come across is that i havent found any compilation cds that arent mixed, i need to find a bigger music shop.

You don't get toons from shop, you get them from beatport and the like. So one problem solved for you...then again you probably need to ask dad for the CC numbers.

D1
www.weeknsoundz.com
trenthalliday +

s'up?

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Hey mate I dont think you should buy the Stantons ay......

sorry I just like winding people up.....

also I came into this post really late and am only just skimming over everything but it seems your not listening to what people are saying?? bad move, these guys know what they are talking about (mostly....there is the odd exception) so respect and patience are needed more than anything else...

oh yeah and if I were you.....DO NOT buy the stantons (im loosing count how many times I have posted that in the forums...!) hehehehe
gamblore +

Deleted User Account

Times thanked
<
Hey bro, I agree with Trent, I don't think you should buy the stantons either...

I'll be back...
oliosky +

Steel City Resident

Times thanked
<
Stanton 314s look like a good buy for the price....
Axel Axis +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

This thread was heading towards a good place untill you dumped that load.
trenthalliday +

s'up?

Times thanked
<
Maybe go have a look at the Stantons....just to confirm that you should not buy them
lenom +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamblore

Hey boys, not trying to judge you, because I don't even know you, but my assumption is your talking about Electro House?

i like ministy of sound... that sort of stuff, i also like led zepplin and that sort of stuff, nice combination eh?
trenthalliday +

s'up?

Times thanked
<

Quote:

i like ministy of sound... that sort of stuff, i also like led zepplin and that sort of stuff, nice combination eh?

Just use your normal cd player and play MOS annuals back to back.....fool proof

Led Zep.....
pomrocks +

Does it Deep

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,013 Times in 670 Posts
not bad at all for a 13 year old, MOS is crappy but you'll grow out of that after a while, dont forget we're old jaded f'kers
Playing at;

Gigs & stuff - Dave Stuart - DJ Page

SHRUG
lenom +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ D one

You don't get toons from shop, you get them from beatport and the like. So one problem solved for you...then again you probably need to ask dad for the CC numbers.

D1

, are there any shops in aus where you can buy gift cards for beatport? i used to buy music from the itunes store and you could buy a $20 card and you didnt need a credit card, if you cant im gonna either have to keep a very good record of how many songs ive bought or get my self one of those debit cards, either way beatport looks like a pretty good site to get music from.

Last edited by lenom: 12-Oct-07 at 01:46pm

pomrocks +

Does it Deep

Times thanked
<
i think you can use paypal with beatport now so that you dont need a c/card, or get a st geogre debit card.

dont worry about buying too many songs to start with. get 20-30 tracks you really love and practice practice practice
Playing at;

SHRUG
lenom +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

i think you can use paypal with beatport now so that you dont need a c/card, or get a st geogre debit card.

dont worry about buying too many songs to start with. get 20-30 tracks you really love and practice practice practice

thats my plan so far.
trenthalliday +

s'up?

Times thanked
<
But dont buy the Stantons....beatport songs sound crap through stantons......

alright sorry I'll stop.........

seriously dont buy them
littlebrains69 +

JimmyJams

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Yeh get a visa / mastercard debit card, then its like having a credit card and you can do what you want with your money.

ALSO. dont try to mix songs off your ministry of sound compilations (they are already mixed) so the track begins pretty much when everything drops. If theres a song on a MOS CD you want to mix - you have to go and download the full edit of the song you want to mix. That way it has a nice meaty intro that you can spend hours trying to beatmatch with. Just thought of that then, alot of noobs try to mix off their illegally obtained MOS compilations
cowabungadude +

Times thanked
<
why are people still giving this kid advice?
pomrocks +

Does it Deep

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlebrains69

If theres a song on a MOS CD you want to mix -

throw it in the bin and start again
Playing at;

SHRUG
gamblore +

Deleted User Account

Times thanked
<

Quote:

i like ministy of sound... that sort of stuff

Yeah I had you pegged. Sorry bro, hate to burst your bubble but that's not house.

Quote:

throw it in the bin and start again

Too true! Fuck beatport, got to traxsource, get some real music.

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlebrains69

ALSO. dont try to mix songs off your ministry of sound compilations (they are already mixed) so the track begins pretty much when everything drops. If theres a song on a MOS CD you want to mix - you have to go and download the full edit of the song you want to mix. That way it has a nice meaty intro that you can spend hours trying to beatmatch with. Just thought of that then, alot of noobs try to mix off their illegally obtained MOS compilations

Exactly! Mixed CD's aren't meant to be mixed! QFT
I'll be back...
lenom +

Times thanked
<
ok so beatport looks pretty good but i dont have a cd burner, this isnt a problem tho, i do however feel sorry for my friend who will be burning all the cds .

Last edited by lenom: 12-Oct-07 at 07:50pm

gamblore +

Deleted User Account

Times thanked
<
Do you fucking listen? Or don't you know how to read?
I'll be back...
lenom +

Times thanked
<
ok so you want me to use traxsource? that looks cool too.
Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Times thanked
<
You can use whatever website to get music you want..
Page 3 of 4

« Previous Thread Next Thread »