The DJ Booth

Pioneer CDJ-400

Tools
Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Times thanked
<
Thanked 4,528 Times in 1,493 Posts
there $899 from store dj.. seems to be the cheapest price so far.
HAKS +

Cycling Central

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumpy

there $899 from store dj.. seems to be the cheapest price so far.

$850 for members . That's $100 cheaper then a few days ago when i checked . DMC and DJ Warehouse still have them for $995. Dammmmmmmmmmmmmmn
H2X
Bracko +

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,799 Times in 1,577 Posts
ring DJ wearhouse up.... they'll usually price match or better.
step on my cubes.
Roby_Soft +

Times thanked
<
I bought them at 950 in DJWAREHOUSE, hope the 10 Day Price Match offer is real!!....
HAKS +

Cycling Central

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bracko

ring DJ wearhouse up.... they'll usually price match or better.

I beleive in giving the shop that originally offers the best price my service. I don't want what they can match, i want what they will go to first go to get the sale. If i lose $10 so be it, i'd rather reward the shop that had the guts to go to the lowest price to begin with.
H2X

Last edited by HAKS: 27-Jan-08 at 09:17pm

Bracko +

Times thanked
<
yeah, i agree.... but I've bought pretty much everything from them, so i usually get good pricing from them straight up.
step on my cubes.
Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Times thanked
<
Thanked 4,528 Times in 1,493 Posts
If you go in and ask Store Dj how much they sell em for I'm sure they'd give you a lower price then members. As I was in the other day and asked how much they sell Nuo3's for, but I already knew it was $990 last time i looked on the net and the dude said he could do better then members price if i came in to buy one which would have been around $900 so thats $100 off for just asking how much.

so thats worth a try
HAKS +

Cycling Central

Times thanked
<
i guess thats the benefit of been able to work into the store with cash in hand. Bit harder when your interstate.
H2X
smidgin +

No, Homer. Very few cartoons are broadcast live. Its a terrible strain on the animators' wrists.

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roby_Soft

I bought them at 950 in DJWAREHOUSE, hope the 10 Day Price Match offer is real!!....

i hope so too
paul master +

broken beat

Times thanked
<
Store DJ is not an Authorizes reseller, and any Pioneer products purchased from store DJ are not covered by Pioneer Australia.

Check out the Images on some of the pioneer products they have 110v on the boxes.
ultim8DTM5 +

Times thanked
<
Yeah, but is that only because their webmaster uses images from overseas websites? When I was in their shop I didn't notice any 110v labelling albeit I wasn't looking for it either...
paul master +

broken beat

Times thanked
<
Sorry, my bad its 120v.

http://www.storedj.com.au/products/image.php?id=1708

But it seems dodgy that Store DJ uses a BOX, or some dodgy photo of the item or even like the CDJ400... No image at all.

Every other photo on there website is nicely cropped except anything Pioneer and all other websites that sell pioneer use the same image from Pioneers website.
Bracko +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul master

Store DJ is not an Authorizes reseller, and any Pioneer products purchased from store DJ are not covered by Pioneer Australia.

Check out the Images on some of the pioneer products they have 110v on the boxes.

I would be careful what i said here. parallel importation is not something to throw around on forums without something more substantial than images.

i don't really care either way, but be careful what you say.

also, they don't necessarily have to buy from pioneer. no australian outlets buy direct from manufacturers like vestax A&H, crown, soundcraft etc etc etc..... they buy from distributors.
step on my cubes.
paul master +

broken beat

Times thanked
<
Cool, happy to clear the post if need be.
Roby_Soft +

Times thanked
<
Well, I called DJ Warehouse and they confirmed that Store DJ is not a Pioneer Authorized dealer in Australia, so they won't match their price. Have to wait and see JB Hi Fi's price or other authorized dealer.
Roby_Soft +

Times thanked
<
Jb HI Fi doesn't have stock yet, but the price has been released: $914.00, there is also DJ Express who IS a Pioneer authorized dealer, and have it for $925.00
rowdworx +

DJ IMPERIAL

Times thanked
<
Thinking seriously about buying a new cdj at the moment. Question is do I get a 400 or is it worth paying the extra for a 1000? Hmmmmmm
IMPERIAL
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,497 Times in 917 Posts
I played for over an hour on the 400 on the weekend...pretty fucking smoking little CDJ for the price! Smaller than the 800's/1000's, but bigger than the 200's. Shit loads of features...the only thing I didn't like was that the angle on the side of the platter wasn't bigger to allow for easier adjusting with the side...little too easy to miss and hit the top of the platter (still, no issue there is in CDJ mode)

Scratch effects are pretty wicked!

If I was in the market for a CDJ, pretty sure I'd save the extra $$$, and setup space, and get one of these puppies!
Pete Gordon - Deep and Low

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

https://soundcloud.com/random_kiwi/deep-and-low
reemo +

Times thanked
<
Store DJ absolutly provide warranty on all Pioneer gear they sell. The only difference is you need to return it to them instead of Pioneer if something goes wrong and they will cover the postage costs if you are far away. In most cases it is usual for customers to return the product to the store anyway, so there really isn't any difference. Further to this if the product breaks down within 30 days Store DJ will in most cases replace it with a brand new unit.

While Store DJ may not buy directly from Pioneer, all the Pioneer DJ gear they sell is 240 volts, has C-tick approval for use in Australia and has Australian power cords. It is 100% legitimate, nothing dodgey about it what-so-ever. DJ Warehouse are annoyed that Store DJ is selling Pioneer, so they should be, they are the biggest Pioneer dealer in the country, but their claims about Store DJ not providing warranty are unfounded.
HAKS +

Cycling Central

Times thanked
<
my 2 400s just arrived
H2X
Salty +

by name & by nature

Times thanked
<
JB Hi HI just got stock in today - ticket price $914 but will discount further if you push them.
I just had a play around with the one they had set up on display, coupled with a CDJ-1000 & I am completely sold on this little gem of a deck. Does everything a bedroom DJ could possibly need it to, its compact, responsive, was easy to use and the loop functions are the most fun you can have with 1 finger [note: 1 finger could probably be used in much much more stimulating environments]

Feb 29 - Sven Vath @ QBH Melbourne
March 9 - FMF @ Sid Myer Music Bowl
July 5 - Sensation White @ Amsterdam Arena
July 12 - Sensation Black @ Amsterdam Arena
July 25-28 - Global Gathering @ Statford-Upon-Avon
Roby_Soft +

Times thanked
<
DJ warehouse reduced the price to 920, so I went to claim my money back, and they honoured their offer, I got 60 bucks back in total.
Dee Jay Mikey +

Times thanked
<
I was pumped to check em out, very dissapointed though.

The platter feels like its going to bust. very wobbly, cheap.

but hey, just my 2 cents..
HAKS +

Cycling Central

Times thanked
<
can't be bothered to read back through this, but i remember someone saying the lack of SD card for storing cue and loop points was a downer. Well you can't store them on a USB stick, but you can export and import your cue/loop points to/from a USB stick

Just had a little mix on them and am impressed . Quite a small unit from what i'm use to (CDJ1000, Denon S3000) but they sure pack a punch. The platter is really nice, def similar to the 800/1000s not the 100/200s and they are very easy to mix on.

Had CDs playing in one deck and a USB stick in the other, neither missed a beat . Went to download the ProDJ software but its not released yet so can't comment on the PC/Midi capability until that happens. Site says end of Feb
H2X
dja2364 +

Times thanked
<
Can anyone answer this for me....

I am using CDJ200 now and looking to upgrade to CDJ400. I am using a G4 Powerbook.

I have used my Mac for DJing before, but only to play a set list from Itunes straight from the headphone out and into a channel on my DJM400 mixer (eg warm up tunes before people arrive).
I do not have any DJ software as such as yet. If I want to DJ without using CDs (ie off my Mac and a pair of CDJ400s), do I need to purchase Traktor or Serato or can I use Itunes (seeing that I can pitch adjust using the CDJ400)? Presumably I need to get 2 sound channels out of Mac - 1 into CDJ No. 1 and 1 into CDJ No. 2. Does this mean I have 2 USB outs from my computer??? Do I need a midi mixer (eg DJM800) or is my DJM400 Ok?

Help please!!! Thanks in advance.
KuRuPTeD +

you gonna get raped

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,458 Times in 624 Posts
Itunes has pitch?
dja2364 +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by KuRuPTeD

Itunes has pitch?

No!!! The CDJ400 has pitch.
samwiseb +

Untoten

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by dja2364

I am using CDJ200 now and looking to upgrade to CDJ400. I am using a G4 Powerbook.

I have used my Mac for DJing before, but only to play a set list from Itunes straight from the headphone out and into a channel on my DJM400 mixer (eg warm up tunes before people arrive).
I do not have any DJ software as such as yet. If I want to DJ without using CDs (ie off my Mac and a pair of CDJ400s), do I need to purchase Traktor or Serato or can I use Itunes (seeing that I can pitch adjust using the CDJ400)? Presumably I need to get 2 sound channels out of Mac - 1 into CDJ No. 1 and 1 into CDJ No. 2. Does this mean I have 2 USB outs from my computer??? Do I need a midi mixer (eg DJM800) or is my DJM400 Ok?

You'll need some software and a external 2 channel sound card as well as a mixer. Controlling the software on your computer with your CD-J's, the sound routing out through each sound card channel into your mixer. That's one of the many possible setups anyway.

edit: (Or can you use the actual CD-J's as sound cards? That would be quite awesome if you can. In that case you would connect everything exactly the same as normal except you'd be playing tunes from your PC as opposed to CD's.
Funkedub +

"You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help."

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,141 Posts
if this means there'll be some dirt cheap 800s being flogged off by ex-users i'm all up for it
For all of your musical needs*

funkedub dot com

*musical needs most likely not met
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,497 Times in 917 Posts

Quote:

Or get two x 4Gb memory sticks full of tracks and whack them into the USB inputs on the 400's and leave the laptop at home!
Pete Gordon - Deep and Low

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

https://soundcloud.com/random_kiwi/deep-and-low
dja2364 +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random_Kiwi

Or get two x 4Gb memory sticks full of tracks and whack them into the USB inputs on the 400's and leave the laptop at home!

No a very good visual effect bowling up to a party with a couple of memory stick cases over your shoulder.
Funkedub +

"You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help."

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,141 Posts
^^^

yea ... cos a CD wallet has a much bigger coolness factor
For all of your musical needs*

funkedub dot com

*musical needs most likely not met
BBC +

livin' for the weekend

Times thanked
<

Quote:

No a very good visual effect bowling up to a party with a couple of memory stick cases over your shoulder.

And a computer is any better?

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Good Doctor

"No, I'm not letting you use my headphones, just cause you've got a USB stick full of MP3's in your pocket".

KuRuPTeD +

you gonna get raped

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,458 Times in 624 Posts

Quote:

No!!! The CDJ400 has pitch.

But can the cdj400 map to the pitch in itunes?
or have i just not woken up yet??
HAKS +

Cycling Central

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by samwiseb

You'll need some software and a external 2 channel sound card as well as a mixer. Controlling the software on your computer with your CD-J's, the sound routing out through each sound card channel into your mixer. That's one of the many possible setups anyway.

edit: (Or can you use the actual CD-J's as sound cards? That would be quite awesome if you can. In that case you would connect everything exactly the same as normal except you'd be playing tunes from your PC as opposed to CD's.

you shouldn't need the sound card if your using the CDJ-400s. Just plug then USB cables in and then use either the Pioneer DJ software or Serato software when its released to support the CDJ400s.

I think i read in the CDJ400 manual you can just plug them up via USB and then stream music from your computer via the CDJ>mixer>speakers. Although in this format the CDJ just acts like the soundcard outputing the signal, none of its features actually work. Might try it now.

Yeap it works. SO technically you can use itunes to play music thru the CDJ400s, but none of the features of the actually CDJ will work.
H2X
beakers +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Cause everyone wants to see the dj carry his record bag in.. Not hear him play

how did the set sound?.... Yeah he looked cool.. especially carrying the record bag
holtless +

Look at 'im go!

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by beakers

how did the set sound?.... Yeah he looked cool.. especially carrying the record bag

but if a DJ doesn't look cool then why the fuck book him for?

Quote:

Originally Posted by zooky

I'm more offended about the fluro headband comment yo, that shits not cool, i have taste, and an impecable dress sense

dja2364 +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by beakers

Yeah, Fucking Bang!

A DJ with a big afro once told me, it's not how you play, it's what you play and what you look like. This was while we were in a bar in St Kilda, listening to some twat that couldn't mix, but everyone going off. Uneducated crowd? Yes. But you get that in small bars on Saturday night.
franklin +

Times thanked
<
Do the cdj 400's have loop out adjust?
HAKS +

Cycling Central

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by franklin

Do the cdj 400's have loop out adjust?

Yes. Same looping as on the 800s/1000s
H2X
Hertz +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAKS

SO technically you can use itunes to play music thru the CDJ400s, but none of the features of the actually CDJ will work.

That's true the features of the CDJ400 wont work but if you were using a real mixing program and not iTunes you could then use USB midi control and use the CDJ400 features to control the program you're using.
I know the CDJ400 can do this but the question is can you use it as a sound card AND a midi controller all at once? hmmm i wonder
HAKS +

Cycling Central

Times thanked
<
hmmmmmmm not sure. Might experiment and see what it can do
H2X
BBC +

livin' for the weekend

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAKS

Yes. Same looping as on the 800s/1000s

The looping functions of the 800s and the 1000s are different!

Quote:

"No, I'm not letting you use my headphones, just cause you've got a USB stick full of MP3's in your pocket".

HAKS +

Cycling Central

Times thanked
<
shows how much i know about the 800s . I just looked at a picture and they looked the same. I'm talking about the hot loop orange buttons; in, out, out adjust. They look the same on all the models but alas i have never touched a 800. I know the 800s have more looping features where the 1000s have the hot cues.....
H2X
BBC +

livin' for the weekend

Times thanked
<
Nah, the 1000's have loop in adjust, 800's don't. But they still have the loop out adjust.

Quote:

HAKS +

Cycling Central

Times thanked
<
arrrrrrr got ya . Learn something every day
H2X
dja2364 +

Times thanked
<
Just purchased... 2 x $820. Pioneer Aust. warranty.
Roby_Soft +

Times thanked
<
That is a very god price... where was that?
dja2364 +

Times thanked
<
DJ Warehouse. Quoted price too. Didn;t haggle, just handed over the cash.
HAKS +

Cycling Central

Times thanked
<
whoooooooo very nice
H2X

« Previous Thread Next Thread »