The DJ Booth

Pioneer CDJ-400

Tools
paul master +

broken beat

Times thanked
<
as always the longer you wait the cheaper it gets.
Roby_Soft +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by dja2364

DJ Warehouse. Quoted price too. Didn;t haggle, just handed over the cash.

You meant 820 or 920? This is 100 dollars discount from the advertised price!!...Crazy
ShyBoy +

Shake Dat Thing Gurl

Times thanked
<
Sorry boys, I have been so busy I havent even had a chance to hook up with my mate and do a review.

Re: the price. A mate at work has a mate that is a store manager for JB Hifi. He will sell them to him at $650 each which I believe is cost price.

So there is plenty of room to move if you are a good haggler...
My Trap/Mash Up Mix - Twurk till it Hurt

https://soundcloud.com/iamdjshy/twurk-till-it-hurt
Salty +

by name & by nature

Times thanked
<
$650??? OMG I bought my units from a distributor and paid more than that cost! That is CHHHHHEEEEAAAAPPPPPPP

Where do I sign?

Feb 29 - Sven Vath @ QBH Melbourne
March 9 - FMF @ Sid Myer Music Bowl
July 5 - Sensation White @ Amsterdam Arena
July 12 - Sensation Black @ Amsterdam Arena
July 25-28 - Global Gathering @ Statford-Upon-Avon
samwiseb +

Untoten

Times thanked
<
I'm definately getting a pair of these and a Korg KM-202 when I can afford
nickpivce +

Times thanked
<
650 that is a bit cheap for the new cdjs....
Roby_Soft +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickpivce

650 that is a bit cheap for the new cdjs....

That is cost price for retailers.
Dee Jay Mikey +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShyBoy

Sorry boys, I have been so busy I havent even had a chance to hook up with my mate and do a review.

Re: the price. A mate at work has a mate that is a store manager for JB Hifi. He will sell them to him at $650 each which I believe is cost price.

So there is plenty of room to move if you are a good haggler...

Can you find out whats cost on a dmj 800?
Eros le Tardfack +

lol at teh you

Times thanked
<
does anyone know when the CDJ1000MK4 is due out?
HAKS +

Cycling Central

Times thanked
<
I would say this time next year at the earliest. As pointed out numerous times in this thread, any smart business would not release a superior product until the current model has had enough time to do well in the market.
H2X
paul master +

broken beat

Times thanked
<
Next year 4sure if that, but then why change something thats selling so well. I think you might be waiting a while if you were thinking of getting one.

Its all talk at the moment. Only time will tell.
BBC +

livin' for the weekend

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul master

why change something thats selling so well.

Mmmm, personally I don't agree with this. If you don't progress you become stagnant and stale and someone else will take your future profits.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Good Doctor

"No, I'm not letting you use my headphones, just cause you've got a USB stick full of MP3's in your pocket".

Eros le Tardfack +

lol at teh you

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul master

Next year 4sure if that, but then why change something thats selling so well. I think you might be waiting a while if you were thinking of getting one.

Its all talk at the moment. Only time will tell.

well I just bought a MK3 from StoreDJ for $1529 shipped.
that will keep me entertained for a while.
paul master +

broken beat

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBC

Mmmm, personally I don't agree with this. If you don't progress you become stagnant and stale and someone else will take your future profits.

I think we all know that.
watsakerring +

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,317 Posts
Went into DJ warehouse today to have a play around with one of these, was VERY impressed!

the platter is awesome, didn't find the sides a problem at all (but i tune with my thumb anyway, so it doesn't matter how exposed it is i suppose)

effects are great as well.

will definitly be getting a couple now, probably in around a month or so.
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,497 Times in 917 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBC

Like the technics 1200, eh?
Pete Gordon - Deep and Low

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

https://soundcloud.com/random_kiwi/deep-and-low
redmond_herring +

Times thanked
<
I rate these very highly.... yes I know I sell them and all but they really are the best allround player Pioneer (or anyone) as done - especially when you consider the price!
"It's just a ride..."
matk20 +

Times thanked
<
Any news on 200's getting cheaper with the release of the 400?
redmond_herring +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by matk20

Any news on 200's getting cheaper with the release of the 400?

unfortuneately 200's wholesale didn't drop much when the 400 came out - whilst the price on the 400 is very reasonable, the 200 does seem to be a little high in comparison.

Unless Pioneer drop the price of the 200 I can't see it dropping from its usual $600-720 ish
"It's just a ride..."
matk20 +

Times thanked
<
damn, knowing my luck, if they do drop it it will be straight after i buy whatever paid of cdjs i end up buying....
Neo_ +

Monkey

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random_Kiwi

Like the technics 1200, eh?

Highly irrelevant in this instance.
Jay Parker.

Quote:

Originally Posted by risk

jesus christ, when was the last time any of you came to newcastle?

it's not fucking deliverance

NEONSPACE
ShyBoy +

Shake Dat Thing Gurl

Times thanked
<
I finally had a play on these last night.

I think they are great for what they are. The USB is convenient, the loop and effects are simple. Not too keen on the roll as compared to the roll on the DJM800. On the DJM800 you can adjust the speed of the roll, on the CDJ400 you cant. Dont quote me on this as it may but I just havent worked it out.

As far as a scratching deck, its not for me. The platter is too small and its hard to get any sort of patterns going. Also, the fact that the platter is shiny, slightly slippery and needs pressure to activate means that when you start rubbing back and forth to scratch, your fingers slide and get out of position or completely off the jog dial.
My Trap/Mash Up Mix - Twurk till it Hurt

https://soundcloud.com/iamdjshy/twurk-till-it-hurt
Music_Pirate +

Times thanked
<
Anyone used these decks with Serato yet?

Cheers
dja2364 +

Times thanked
<
Yes. I am using witth Serato. I haven't worked out the MIDI capabilities yet. According to Serato forum, support for the DJM400 not available yet. At this stage, using Serato with them is no different than using Serato with DJM200s (which is not what I was told when I purchased). Anyway, when this support (which I assume will be in the form of a saved set of MIDI assignments) comes out, I will know better what is going on.
HAKS +

Cycling Central

Times thanked
<
Yeah in regards to MIDI niether Serato or the Pioneer DJS software to support them is out. I managed to hook mine up to NI Traktor DJ Studio and the MIDI function works, just not my cup of tea as none of the track info is displayed on the CDJs. Will wait for the native support in DJS and Serato to test them out. Till then its USB sticks
H2X
dja2364 +

Times thanked
<
http://www.scratchlive.net/forum/dis...n_id=59785#new

http://www.scratchlive.net/forum/dis...n_id=59785#new
mick_b +

Times thanked
<
first post :O

as at 1pm today jbhifi miranda were selling cdj400s for $660 each. none currently in stock but a eta of Friday at latest, VERY CHEAP and the only reason i know is because having read a post earlier regarding there cost prices, i rang up and had a chat, asked for the best deal they can do, and thats what they spat out, so yeah, 2 cdj400s for $1320. im happy.

cheers.

mick
CHOPPY_INDAHOUSE +

Times thanked
<
so bascial for an extra 150 bucks i could have got my self brand new 400s instead of second hand 200s but that was like 10 mounths ago

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eros le Tardfack

I'm a faggot

reemo +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick_b

first post :O

as at 1pm today jbhifi miranda were selling cdj400s for $660 each. none currently in stock but a eta of Friday at latest, VERY CHEAP and the only reason i know is because having read a post earlier regarding there cost prices, i rang up and had a chat, asked for the best deal they can do, and thats what they spat out, so yeah, 2 cdj400s for $1320. im happy.

cheers.

mick

That is below the cost of most dealers ($700) and I would say the only reason JB are offering that deal is because the end of the month is nearing and they are chasing a turnover target. I would like to see how other people go at JB's but I seriously don't think that price will be easily attainable by the masses.
dja2364 +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by reemo

That is below the cost of most dealers ($700) and I would say the only reason JB are offering that deal is because the end of the month is nearing and they are chasing a turnover target. I would like to see how other people go at JB's but I seriously don't think that price will be easily attainable by the masses.

Wrong. Used to work in the electrical retail industry, and that does not happen. Why would you sell something for less than you bought it for? You go into business to make money, not throw it away. BTW, purchased my 400s via a friend at JB for 660 each. You may not get the service (by that I mean a salesman that can give you a full on demo of all their DJ equipment), but you get a good price at JB.
reemo +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Wrong. Used to work in the electrical retail industry, and that does not happen. Why would you sell something for less than you bought it for? You go into business to make money, not throw it away. BTW, purchased my 400s via a friend at JB for 660 each. You may not get the service (by that I mean a salesman that can give you a full on demo of all their DJ equipment), but you get a good price at JB.

JB work off two sales targets, turnover and GP. If in a given month they are up on GP but turnover is low then they will sell gear at or below cost so that they reach their turnover target. This is how it was explained to me by someone who used to manage a JB's. Maybe they don't do this anymore or perhaps I totally misheard him - i could be wrong.
mick_b +

Times thanked
<
either way, $660 is a great price. and the cdj200s' are at a cost of $520 or $540, so the extra is definately worth it for the 400s'
Music_Pirate +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Yes. I am using witth Serato. I haven't worked out the MIDI capabilities yet. According to Serato forum, support for the DJM400 not available yet. At this stage, using Serato with them is no different than using Serato with DJM200s (which is not what I was told when I purchased). Anyway, when this support (which I assume will be in the form of a saved set of MIDI assignments) comes out, I will know better what is going on.

Thanks for the reply

I may buy a pair, as I like the idea of being able to assign the cue button on the decks to the first cue point set in Serato (which is possibly i believe?)
dja2364 +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

That was meant to say CDJ400 and CDJ200 and not DJM 400 and DJM200... .
donks +

Times thanked
<
just got mine from a mate that works at JB as well
$700 each plus a 6 pack of johnnie walker

i started up using traktor and a bcd-3000
love having to learn how to beatmatch with just my ears now haha
walkingdisaster +

Times thanked
<
^^
welcome to being a dj

Last edited by walkingdisaster: 27-Feb-08 at 11:21am

HAKS +

Cycling Central

Times thanked
<
haha yeah there ain't no sync button on these babies
H2X
donks +

Times thanked
<
ah i was smart enough to stay clear of the sync button, never knew what beat it would sync too....but how well it analizes the tracks bpm sure makes you lazy haha

pretty cool how theyre midi mappable so they can control traktor etc too....will have to give it a shot one day, going to wait until im mixing on cd's reeeaaally well first but...something i needed to learn!
HAKS +

Cycling Central

Times thanked
<
i've hooked mine up to traktor, didn't do much for me. I just downloaded a file which had the midi mappings already set so maybe it was that but as said previously once the native support is launched in DJS and Serato i'll be keen to try again .
H2X
maaaa +

Times thanked
<
wow... so everyone is getting them at around the high $600 mark... pple just got mates that work there or anyone try and 'ask' for such a price?

im keen on buying some 2nd hand cdj's (200's prob)... but looking at this price do you reckon it would be better saving up and getting some of these :O

would a 200 and a 400 be a bad set up for a beginner? (as in opposed to having 2 x 200's or 2 x 400's)

sorry for going off topic !
mick_b +

Times thanked
<
2x 400s just enables you to play from more sources, if you already have a heap of cd's then sure, 1x200 1x400 would be sweet.

400s are all about the rollback though
HAKS +

Cycling Central

Times thanked
<
would def go the extra $$$ and get 2 400's if i were you
H2X
BBC +

livin' for the weekend

Times thanked
<
No nescissary though. If all you can afford is one, then get that and you could upgrade in the future. You don't have to have matching models, brands, etc. to play a few tunes.

Quote:

"No, I'm not letting you use my headphones, just cause you've got a USB stick full of MP3's in your pocket".

paul_mechanic +

Times thanked
<
not bad but still perfer 1000s
onpoint +

Times thanked
<
might have to look at getting some of these down the track, i'm only a beginner (2 months) learning on tech's... eventually i want to add some cd player to my set up, would I be best to get serato first before adding some cd players? thoughts?
BBC +

livin' for the weekend

Times thanked
<
Depends if you want Serato. I don't see the fascination at all. I find that CDJ's are much easier to mix on and give you much more creative freedom than wax. If I was to go down this path I wouldn't even use Serato, it seems so basic, at least Tracktor has some features, and I would use control CDJ's instead of vinyl. The only advantage I can see to this for me would be that I wouldn't have to burn CD's.

But, learn how to play on wax for sure, good idea, then you can branch out to CDJ's as well after maybe a year. Just wait till things start getting stale and you can breath new life into you DJing by crossing over the CDJ's as well.

Quote:

HAKS +

Cycling Central

Times thanked
<
yeah def learn on 12" before you take on CDJs
H2X
onpoint +

Times thanked
<
yeah cheers guys,

That was my plan learn as much on the 12" as i can then incorporate some cdjs into the mix, and i might look at the cdjs before serato as i might like the use of the cdjs along with my techs more than serato just using songs from my comp but being the same as before...

either way thats many months down the track so not to worry about it now.
spewingupknives +

Times thanked
<
I think im goin to get a 400 aswell,dad found a cheap one over in singapore for $240!
samdup +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by spewingupknives

I think im goin to get a 400 aswell,dad found a cheap one over in singapore for $240!

fakes?

« Previous Thread Next Thread »