Times thanked
<
m nice im after a 400
spewingupknives +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

fakes?

Hopefully not, i didnt know they made fakes?
bellsy +

Times thanked
<
just ordered two 400s from jb hifi in wollongong (they don't stock dj gear, it's being sent from parramatta), $700 each. Pretty happy with that considering I was about to outlay nearly $900 each for them!

Meant to arrive on wednesday or thursday... I hope they get in before the long weekend!
samdup +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<
I just ordered two 400s from JB-hifi Canberra City for $650. It was cost price, I did not know a manager or anything they were just desperate to make sales targets on the Sunday of a bad week for sales.
HAKS +

Cycling Central

Times thanked
<
awesome deal
H2X
watsakerring +

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,317 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bellsy

just ordered two 400s from jb hifi in wollongong (they don't stock dj gear, it's being sent from parramatta), $700 each. Pretty happy with that considering I was about to outlay nearly $900 each for them!

Meant to arrive on wednesday or thursday... I hope they get in before the long weekend!

if you had got them for $750 each, you could have got the 10% cashback offer from pioneer (if you spend $1500 or more at a certified retailer) and ended up spending $1350.

more is less
maaaa +

Times thanked
<
so its best to ring up and enquire on a sunday?

im going to get a 200 first, but thinking of ringing up and seeing what price they can give and if its worth just getting the 400 straight up
hoppuspears +

Times thanked
<
Dont bother with a 200 pay the little bit extra and get a 400! so worth it
Mad Rooster +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by maaaa

im going to get a 200 first, but thinking of ringing up and seeing what price they can give and if its worth just getting the 400 straight up

Forget the 200. I upgraded from 200s to 400s. No way I could go back. I suppose that's like everything in life when you upgrade. Except for girlfriends.
samdup +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Yes. Sundays are best, especially if they've had a bad week. The last Sunday of the month may be even better if they work on monthly sales targets as well.
louislogic +

why are fish so slim?

Times thanked
<
Are these CD players midi mappable?
Will learning to use the 400 mean that I will also be able to use/be more familiar with a 1000 (seeing as how ive never used either?)

been trying to save up and get a 1000 as a third deck to mainly use with loops and vocals, this seems like it could be a good option (at less than half the price). at the moment im on 1200's + serato.
its only a feasible option if it will help me learn to mix on CDJ1000's so that if necessary I could use a CDJ in case of missing turntables/dodgey turntables..

can you assign some of the midi mappable buttons on the CDJ400 to functions not relating to the CDJ itself, for example, could I use a button on the CDJ400 to control part of my serato?
maaaa +

Times thanked
<
yeah, only problem is that i reallllllllly want to get my first cdj and getting a 400 instead of a 200 means waiting another paycheck D:
Action Jackson +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

yeah, only problem is that i reallllllllly want to get my first cdj and getting a 400 instead of a 200 means waiting another paycheck D:

Good things come to those who wait
callan_01 +

Times thanked
<
OK i'm in a bit of a situation and would love some input from you guys..

I'm looking to buy a pair of 400s. In about 3 months I am leaving Australia to travel for around a year. I currently have stanton c3.14s. I want to get Pioneer due to them being the industry standard and the 400s are a much better size to travel with. I'm hoping to get a few gigs on my travels.

Now for the question.... Do i buy Australian or US cdj400s? My stantons are from the US and I am sick of using the transformers, they are heavy and a hassle to cart around. It would probably work out cheaper buying them in Australia anyway, after comparing US ebay to the prices everyone is paying from JB..

Will the Australian decks work in the US.. Are their suitable transformers?
smidgin +

No, Homer. Very few cartoons are broadcast live. Its a terrible strain on the animators' wrists.

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by callan_01

OK i'm in a bit of a situation and would love some input from you guys..

I'm looking to buy a pair of 400s. In about 3 months I am leaving Australia to travel for around a year. I currently have stanton c3.14s. I want to get Pioneer due to them being the industry standard and the 400s are a much better size to travel with. I'm hoping to get a few gigs on my travels.

Now for the question.... Do i buy Australian or US cdj400s? My stantons are from the US and I am sick of using the transformers, they are heavy and a hassle to cart around. It would probably work out cheaper buying them in Australia anyway, after comparing US ebay to the prices everyone is paying from JB..

Will the Australian decks work in the US.. Are their suitable transformers?

i'd just buy american while over there, that way you have a warranty, dont need a transformer, sell before you come home. too easy right?

are you in US for the entire year?

imagine if the decks don't survive the international flight over? oh the tears...
and lets not forget about luggage weight restrictions.. how much does that cost if your over?
Vocalz +

Times thanked
<
I'm tossing up between a 400 and a 1000.
Mainly use 1000's in the clubs but does the 400 have anything significant over the 1000s?
samdup +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by smidgin

i'd just buy american while over there, that way you have a warranty, dont need a transformer, sell before you come home. too easy right?

imagine if the decks don't survive the international flight over? oh the tears...
and lets not forget about luggage weight restrictions.. how much does that cost if your over?

x2
HAKS +

Cycling Central

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by louislogic

Are these CD players midi mappable?
Will learning to use the 400 mean that I will also be able to use/be more familiar with a 1000 (seeing as how ive never used either?)

been trying to save up and get a 1000 as a third deck to mainly use with loops and vocals, this seems like it could be a good option (at less than half the price). at the moment im on 1200's + serato.
its only a feasible option if it will help me learn to mix on CDJ1000's so that if necessary I could use a CDJ in case of missing turntables/dodgey turntables..

can you assign some of the midi mappable buttons on the CDJ400 to functions not relating to the CDJ itself, for example, could I use a button on the CDJ400 to control part of my serato?

yes they are midi mappable.

You should be able to move to the 1000's pretty easy after using a 400 and vice versa. Main difference is the size of the jog wheel.

the next version of Serato will have native support for the CDJ400 which means plug it in to your computer and all the buttons should do exactly what they should do with a normal cd in serato and all the track info will be displayed on the unit ie. time remaining etc
H2X
HAKS +

Cycling Central

Times thanked
<

Quote:

def wait, you'll be kicking yourself if you get a 200 and then go for a 400 later down the track and realise what a waste the 200 was.
H2X
HAKS +

Cycling Central

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vocalz

I'm tossing up between a 400 and a 1000.
Mainly use 1000's in the clubs but does the 400 have anything significant over the 1000s?

400 has USB input and is MIDI mappable. Whether they are significant to you is another question. Otherwise not much between them. 1000s are a lot more solid, jog wheel is bigger etc but i havn't found that a problem on the 400s
H2X
Vocalz +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAKS

yes they are midi mappable.

You should be able to move to the 1000's pretty easy after using a 400 and vice versa. Main difference is the size of the jog wheel.

the next version of Serato will have native support for the CDJ400 which means plug it in to your computer and all the buttons should do exactly what they should do with a normal cd in serato and all the track info will be displayed on the unit ie. time remaining etc

holy crap that's pretty sweet and innovative.
I love the look and feel of the 1000's
But it sounds like the 400's do just as well and have newer and better features for a Digital/CD Dj.
either the 1000's for 1395 or the 400's for about $500 bucks less!
hmmmmmmmmmmm such a hard choice.
I want mainly the effects and loops etc.
Need to practice with different effects and loops in my mixes.
but both look to have the same effects.
samdup +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<
CDJ1000s have hot cues. CDJ400s have a few different effects.

Last edited by samdup: 18-Mar-08 at 12:26pm

Vocalz +

Times thanked
<
just watched short video on the 400's
they have the loop slicer on it!
simple but awesome effect!
HAKS +

Cycling Central

Times thanked
<
meh i've hardly touched the loop slice since i've had mine. Doesn't really do much for my style of music. Can understand its potential for slower genres but hardcore it sounds shit
H2X
Music_Pirate +

Times thanked
<
If I were to buy CDJ400's and learn to beatmatch fluently on them...will it be a flawless transition to a 1000 mk3?

And any idea when it will be Serato Compatible?

Cheers
callan_01 +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by smidgin

Oh my mother works for Qantas, so flights and excess baggage is not a problem. They seem to be cheaper over here though? My current decks have survived domestic flights wrapped in clothes inside a suitcase..

But I do see your point! Does anyone else have any input?
HAKS +

Cycling Central

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Music_Pirate

If I were to buy CDJ400's and learn to beatmatch fluently on them...will it be a flawless transition to a 1000 mk3?

Cheers

as said previously you 'should' be able to make the transition with your eyes closed. the only difference is the platter size and going from small to large shouldn't be a piss of piss
H2X
bellsy +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by watsakerring

if you had got them for $750 each, you could have got the 10% cashback offer from pioneer (if you spend $1500 or more at a certified retailer) and ended up spending $1350.

more is less

Of course I realised this the next day... oh well

Right now I just want them to arrive so I can start having a go! I bought my mixer on the weekend, Ecler Nuo 2, and it's screaming for a CDJ either side.

I've already got a long list of new tracks and classics from over the years in my beatport crate just waiting to be dowloaded as soon as I get the decks home.
Vocalz +

Times thanked
<
I decided on a 1000 instead.
Because they've been out longer, and price have dropped over the years.
by the time i want the 400, it would have dropped a bit too.
tweetyfish +

Times thanked
<
For anyone that has used the 400 so far, what's the tempo slider like compared to the 200? The 2 things that shat me the most about the 200 was the jog dial and the tempo slider being really sensitive and unstable...if it's the same deal with the 400, I think I'll pass, not collect $200 and go straight to the 1000.
"Without music, life would be a mistake" - Nietzsche
callan_01 +

Times thanked
<
Any more input guys?
HAKS +

Cycling Central

Times thanked
<
Pioneer finally have released their DJS software with CDJ-400 support. I downloaded my free copy last night and hooked up one of my units. All worked pretty well once i configured the soundcard properly. Everything on the CDJ worked except the effects and loop divider. Didn't have a mix but first impressions were pretty good . The interface ain't anything to write home about but the fact is it does what its suppose to do so that is the main thing. Will have a mix using it this arvo and see how it goes.
H2X
Abe_T +

Times thanked
<
mad its like a 200 and 1000 put together
hoppuspears +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Music_Pirate

Cheers

You'll be fine mate.. I used c314's for ages. Then at a show i had to use 1000's. Jumped on them worked out that there WAY more sensitve (jog wheel) and it was fine. If i was gunna upgrade i would probably grab these or 800's
samdup +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<
Got my 400s today (after some delay). Love them.
paul master +

broken beat

Times thanked
<
DJ Warehouse are having a Pioneer Product Launch on the DJM700 and CDJ400 in Melbourne and Sydney, it will be good to check out these new members of Pioneer Family.

DJ Warehouse Sydney on Wednesday April 23rd, 6:30-7:30pm.

DJ Warehouse Melbourne on Wednesday April 30th, 6:30-7:30pm.
lowbass +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neo_

Could you do the same but transfer the data via a card reader/ writer?

I was told USB stick only - should have been made to control an external hard drive or anything USB. And yes an SD slot would of been handy. But why has this taken so long to come out - conveniently not too long after the 1000mkIII and 800mkII? Ca-ching!
insomnia +

belfast

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowbass

I was told USB stick only - should have been made to control an external hard drive or anything USB. And yes an SD slot would of been handy. But why has this taken so long to come out - conveniently not too long after the 1000mkIII and 800mkII? Ca-ching!

what are you talking about... you can use a hard disk or an iPod or anything usb really! though the larger then source the longer it takes to load up the table of contents
lowbass +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by insomnia

what are you talking about... you can use a hard disk or an iPod or anything usb really! though the larger then source the longer it takes to load up the table of contents

Dude at JB said USB stick only......maybe thats just for the USB port on top and the ext hard drive plugs into the square USB port on the back? Dunno just going off what I've heard. Either way good to see CD mixers finally catching up to PCs.
insomnia +

belfast

Times thanked
<
He is wrong! I have two right next to me and there is a hard disk plugged into one. (not in the back, that is the pc port for midi control usage)
paul master +

broken beat

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowbass

Dude at JB said USB stick only......maybe thats just for the USB port on top and the ext hard drive plugs into the square USB port on the back? Dunno just going off what I've heard. Either way good to see CD mixers finally catching up to PCs.

Thats JB for ya, anything for a sale.
HAKS +

Cycling Central

Times thanked
<
yeah you can def use external hard drives & ipods etc in the USB port on the top. As mentioned about the bigger the volume the longer it takes to read all the contents in so prob not wise to plug a 500GB drive full of music in
H2X
SeaBas +

Times thanked
<
I had a play with the 400's the other day - great idea by pioneer with all the looping functions and the USB add-on. But does anyone find that it is more of a toy then something to be taken as a serious CDJ or considered a club-worthy
Mad Rooster +

Times thanked
<
^^ no.
J-radical +

Tinkerbell is well hot

Times thanked
<
was sold when looking at them on youtube, but in reality the platter is a big let down, very very cheap feel, the side moved up and down alot, it just felt...we'll shit really. The rest was impressive but yeah the platter is naff. Very much a bedroom banger.
Salon Kitty - Sound Cloud
bobshled +

I am Facebook

Times thanked
<
Newbie DJ wanting to get in.
Just wondering if there is a sampling feature like in the Stanton C.314?
Would one choose 400s over C.314s?
HAKS +

Cycling Central

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeaBas

I had a play with the 400's the other day - great idea by pioneer with all the looping functions and the USB add-on. But does anyone find that it is more of a toy then something to be taken as a serious CDJ or considered a club-worthy

Hell no although as long as the CDJ1000 is around then thats what will be in the clubs. Nevertheless i've had more fun mixing with my 400's then my previous denon S3000s so i wouldn't change them for the world. Sure the platter isan't as solid as the 1000s but i'm yet to find that a issue.
H2X
Neo_ +

Monkey

Times thanked
<
I would have no hesitations having them in a venue.

Shit CDJ100's and rack mount Denons were found every where before the CDJ1000.
Jay Parker.

Quote:

Originally Posted by risk

jesus christ, when was the last time any of you came to newcastle?

it's not fucking deliverance

NEONSPACE
hoppuspears +

Times thanked
<
There deffintly club worthy. had a play of them the other day. There made by pionner so they work really well.
Erbs +

Hello there...

Times thanked
<
Currently running one at the moment with my 2 1000's.. basically so I can play my stored music. Good effects & easy to use. There design is more for the bedroom dj, but there are a couple of features that would be nice to see on the high-end cdj's.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »