<
^^^

I'll be back...
plan-b +

I found the Treasure of Mêlée Island and all I got was this stupid user title

Times thanked
<
Random bump...

Not mine but my flatmates, been in our loungeroom for the ... It's a POS and one of the channels is dead

Soon to be replaced with AND it came with a free copy of Ableton Live (Full version, not a cut down LE)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruso View Post

Just to clarify where the line is drawn:

• Ragging on someone when they're actively posting and pretty much asking for it: OK
  • Starting a new joke train on them when they're not around: Please don't

johnjay +

Times thanked
<
wtf happened to gambalore
pEAkeR_hAT +

"The Peoples' Champion"

Times thanked
<
Thanked 4,661 Times in 2,288 Posts
Vestax 2 channel scratch mixerr,

bough it to scratch with

3 months later the x-fader is broken.....

POS
plan-b +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnjay

wtf happened to gambalore

He posts now as BBC

Quote:

• Ragging on someone when they're actively posting and pretty much asking for it: OK

Bracko +

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,799 Times in 1,577 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by pEAkeR_hAT

Vestax 2 channel scratch mixerr,

bough it to scratch with

3 months later the x-fader is broken.....

POS

which "scratch mixer" from vestax's range is it....
step on my cubes.
pEAkeR_hAT +

"The Peoples' Champion"

Times thanked
<
^^VMC 002 XL, http://www.dj-mall.com/images/products/628_002XL_T.jpg

-it came in a box from a guy who owned it for 2 months ,then gave up mixing, whom also didn't register it in the required time, so now i also have the benefit of no warranty

Luckily I only really use the channel faders to mix, but still, i thought Vestax were meant to be bulletproof.

Bracko +

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,799 Times in 1,577 Posts
no. the entry level mixer is.... an entry level mixer.

it's not even a scratch mixer.
step on my cubes.
CHOPPY_INDAHOUSE +

Times thanked
<
Had djm 300

We all know what it looks like.

Pros
Build like me( Strong)

Cons
So limiting

Getting a djm 800 (should be). We all know what they look like.

Pros

the lay out
Good lay out.
They way the cueing is set up
Effects set up.

Cons
Sound quility

Dream mixer.
SVM-1000 http://www.pioneer.com.au/productmodal.aspx?k=svm1000
Even though i would never use it to its full copasity.

Pros
Fucken mad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eros le Tardfack

I'm a faggot

mashedman +

The Untalented Mr Ripley

Times thanked
<
Had some piece of shit two channel mixer, dont even remember the brand.

Have: DJM 600
It's alright, good to learn on but the effects are pretty damn shitty on it. Want something that i can play a little more with. (thats what the korg is for) Also want a mixer with more filters to play with. (Thats what Xone92 is for) Want to get rid of it pretty soon, really not into the pioneers.

Getting:
Very soon: Korg KM402

Really just getting it for shits and giggle to play around with
and
Early next year: Xone92

Want it for the control you have over the channels. If i like the KP3 in the korg i'll grab one of those to complement it.
plan-b +

Times thanked
<
Well after a couple of hours of playing with my Zero4 I can safely say it's teh sex.. Effects are friggin wicked, and it's got a switch that makes your EQ emulate Xone filters

Gonna give the midi a whirl in a few weeks

Quote:

johnjay +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumpy

Gamblore with the DJM-300 you said the Con was that it had a permanently assigned cross-fader.. this is wrong you can flick the switch that says CH. and Cross to CH. and the cross fader does nothing then..

does the djm300 have crossfade curve? I cant remember, but bit stupid for a 2 chan not to have it,
trouble hifire +

wax addict

Times thanked
<
first mixer - i have no idea what the name is i got my first set of decks off my brother (deck actually included in the photo, not mine but the same models of both) he got it in some kind of pack years ago and passed them on to me.

Pros - it worked and i got both decks and mixer for a couple of hundred.

Cons - everything

Present Mixer - Numark DXM09

Pros - Its actually a damn good mixer for the money you pay for it, kill switches, fun effects (not that i use them often at all), decent eq section even if it feels plasticy and cheap, great monitoring system, pretty damn sturdy as its been through alot and for the most part its still kicking.

Cons - The middle channel is havinging issues so im having to gain that channel up and it sounds really muffled but is still sufficing for dropping samples.

Future Mixer - Im torn between two

Rane Empath

after using one at rudebwoyz i fell in love

or

Nuo4

have not used one yet but im hoping to get my hands on one soon to try it out.
http://soundcloud.com/hifire

Catch me playing @

Gangarang @ Rumpus Room 8th of June
Junkyard Sessions @ Rumpus Room 16th of June
Eclerkid +

Times thanked
<
Fisrt Mixer was a NEXT 06. Came as part of a turtable and mixer package for $500 way back in 2000. Was a 2 channel mixer with only low and high EQs'. although this was a less then $100 mixer, it served me well for 6 years!!! Never had a problem channels never bled, and sound was OK. Was used every weekend for hours during my hard party days.

Next was a Behringer, cant even remeber the model. Big mistake piece of crap. Couple of months back i got an Ecler EVO5- haven't seen my girl friend for a while!!!

Pros
Its an Ecler
Big Knbos (like me )
Sounds like sex
Firewire Card
Amazing Internal Effects

Cons
Gona take a while to understand the full power of this beats!!!
Sharp Edges - Have shaved the sides of my CDJs!!!!
AfroWhitie +

Times thanked
<
1st mixer was an old dodgy Numark with Graphic equalizer :

Cons - pretty much everything
Pros - you could play 2 tunes at the same time

2'nd A DJM 500:

Pros - built like a tank had it for about 10 years and it was still working when i gave it away

Cons - the one channel didn't work properly because i sat on the channel select switch and broke it

3rd A Behringer VMX-300:

Pros - Cheap! - Great features for the price, Split Cue

Cons - Build quality really shit so it started breaking down soon after i got it - bleeding faders etc

Currently - A&H XONE 3D:

Cons - Farking expensive - nearly cost me my marriage Although its an amazing mixer the build quality isn't as good as it should be. Have had to take it in a few times due to earth isolation issues!
Bit of a chunk to lug around to gigs

Pros - Phew opened up a whole new world to me namely software mixing - could never go back to any of the old formats now.
Sounds great

Next mixer - Xone 4d? hehehe - nah no plans for anything else for a while - this does all i need.
pEAkeR_hAT +

"The Peoples' Champion"

Times thanked
<
Yeah Bracko, i know it is an entry level mixer, but from what i read here http://www.vestax.com/v/products/mixers/vmc-002.html

I'd assumed it would at least last two months of scratching !

Alas, looks like i can upgrade to a PCV x-fader , whatevr that is,
Garthyboy +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eclerkid

Cons
Gona take a while to understand the full power of this beats!!!
Sharp Edges - Have shaved the sides of my CDJs!!!!

It does have sharp edges doesn't it.....

Another con is the size of the thing, but its still under 19 rack, so all good with me.
I think sometimes it has tooo much power and options also....gotta remember its about the tunes....not too much trickery and effects etc.

l mine though
Eclerkid +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garthyboy

It does have sharp edges doesn't it.....

Another con is the size of the thing, but its still under 19 rack, so all good with me.
I think sometimes it has tooo much power and options also....gotta remember its about the tunes....not too much trickery and effects etc.

l mine though

Completely in love myself. Its just hard not slide that EFX crossfader (which is awesome)!!!! Ive been out of the scene for a while and the technology these days blows me away, but your dead right, DJing has always and will always be about the music.

Haven't gone near the MIDI functionality yet (just getting back into mixing first) how you finding it?
cosmic_seadog +

Scent of Man

Times thanked
<
I had a Numark Blue Dog for about 2 months

pro:
i borrowed it from a friend
i didn't have anything else to use
it didn't cost me anything

con:
no features other than channel volume fader

Next mixer was a Vestax PMC270a.

Pros have already been covered here. Rock solid workhorse. No problems. Epic return on investment. Currently for sale...

... as I just picked up a Vestax PMC25

pros also already covered. sweet sweet sounds, i've wanted this for a while...
makes a man want to sit down as he djs :p
BOOGIE DANCE CAFE - Fridays 11pm - Eastside Radio 89.7FM
BBC +

livin' for the weekend

Times thanked
<
Well, time for an update from me.

I gladly sold the Vestax PCV175 AKA Vestax POS. Probably the worst mixer I have ever owned. I can safely say I will never own another Vestax again, thank god.

So I shot for the stars with my next mixer, it don't get any better than this:

1975 model Bozak CMA 10-2DL

The first, and still the best mixer ever made. Doesn't get much better than this!

PROS:
*SOUNDS INCREDIBLE!!! The depth it gives to the basslines is incredible. The lower mids are dreamy and the highs just sparkle!
*Makes disco sound incredible, so rich and full in the bottom while leveling out house so it doesn't have the snap in the bass drum, so disco and house sound much more similar together
*Super smooth rotary faders
*Incredible pre amp, has to be heard to be believed
*Ridiculously high output
*Almost impossible to clip
*Blends like butter
*Super fun
*EQ are not steep, but are the best sounding EQ I have ever heard, so musical, smooth and real, even when boosted
*Solid as a fucking rock

CONS:
*Age - It's 33 years old so it aint no spring chicken, I wish I knew more about it's history. It's awesome as is, but could do with a quick refurb
*Connectivity - Perfect for a basic setup, but I really need 1 more AUX input, a loop in, a booth out and XLR outputs
*Difference in sound between line in and phono in - Records are ridiculously warm, but you can hear the difference when you play a CD
*EQ for left and right channel - What's the go? Who came up with the weird idea?
*No VU meter - I really miss one. I know you can buy it separate but it's an extra cost most mixers don't incur
*Rackable - Bit of a bitch that it has to be racked
*Not a massive kick in the lower end. It makes it much more musical and less boom boom, but sometimes I want a bit of punch right down low

SUMMARY: Just come and listen and you will understand. Until then, you just really don't know what I am talking about. It will honestly blow any other mixer out of the water (literally! This things output is crazy!).

I got another mixer at the same time

Rane 2016

Great mixer! Wish I would of used it before the Bozak so I could work out how well it sounds, but I am forever curse to never be please with another mixers sound after hearing the Bozak. This is the original 2016, not the current 2016a

PROS:
*Input options! Something like 10 AUX inputs, 4 phono inputs and 2 mic inputs, there is no way you would run out of options
*Output options - it has a loop in/out for external effects, as well as a pre effects record out, post effects record out, all types of booth, main, etc. outputs.
*Super solid, buttery and smooth pots. Aboslutely no movement from the pot or the knob, I think you could hang off them and they still wouldn't move. This one has Black Beauties in it, so proably some of the best pots made
*Isolator - Beautiful curves and it sounds awesome! Great fun to play with! Love cutting the bass and mid and listening to the tisk from the highs
*Gain - There is a gain knob that you can pre set which is great, because you can then just push the main knob all the way up and the tracks hit the same peak. Didn't think I would like this feature but it's nice
*Overload lights - There are overload lights on each channel, as well as the main so you know if you are pushing it too much or not
*Knobs - The knobs on this is different to the new model, in that it has a big ridge down the side so you can feel exactly how far around the knob is. Really like this feature, it's great for the 'heads back eyes closed' Joe Claussell 'I'm feeling it' kind of mixing that lends itself so well to rotary style mixing! Hahahaha.
*Phono and AUX sound exactly the same when mixed together, AUX is not warmer or sweet than phono and vice versa

CONS:
*Isolator - Bad placement! Such small knobs and no room to move. It sounds awesome, but it's not practical where it is
*Blending - I don't know, I could only compare it to the Bozak, but songs just didn't fit anywhere near as nicely together compared to it
*Boomy bottom end - Great for techno or house, but when you mix between house and disco, you can really tell, the disco has something missing
*Not very musical - Like most mixers, it's designed to rock a club, and boom out the bass bins, but as a result (and again I can only compare to the Bozak) it doesn't concentrate on other frequency ranges so much. A lot of detail is lost in the bass line and the low mid range
*No on and off switch - Not all of us have power strips
*Again, no meter, I am a cheap skate and don't wanna spend any more on one!

SUMMARY: Freaking awesome mixer, could really settle for this if I didn't already have the Bozak but it's a no brainer between this and the Bozak. I will probably use this at parties because of the more output and input options as well as knowing other will have a hard time blowing shit up with it (compared with the Bozak), unless they are really really dumb.

NEXT MIXER

E&S DJR400

Only other mixer I would consider besides a Bozak, just because of the extra options, such as EQ per channel, one more AUX input, VU meter, PORTABILITY!!!, booth output and super dreamy isolator! I think this would suit my current lifestyle, as I am a little transient at the moment, so to take this with me is a piece of piss, where as to build a booth for my Bozak everywhere I go would not really be realistic. Plus I can take it to any gig and swap it with any shitty mixer they have and rock that shit properly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Good Doctor

"No, I'm not letting you use my headphones, just cause you've got a USB stick full of MP3's in your pocket".

cosmic_seadog +

Scent of Man

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBC

Well, time for an update from me.

The first, and still the best mixer ever made. Doesn't get much better than this!

I got another mixer at the same time

Rane 2016

Oh you dirty dirty bastard :p

I would hazard to guess eq between L/R was for the fact that you go back far enough and records had vocals in one side and drums/whatever the other.. i'm finding the further back i dig.. i'm entering the 60s currently
BOOGIE DANCE CAFE - Fridays 11pm - Eastside Radio 89.7FM
generalninja +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by ijed

talking of cheap:
old

brand spanking new from the storedj sale today

$950 how could I resist
still gotta try it out with ableton and the kp3
but sends/returns and midi woohoo

I got it for $1000 at spank records a few months ago. im sitting next to it as i type this.
ac1d3o3 +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBC

Rane 2016

NEXT MIXER

E&S DJR400

Wow BBC, i didnt know you had these 2 beauties! I was going to buy that Urei you PMd me but didnt end up getting it due to the lack of cueing options. I live in an apartment block and often feel the need to have a mix at 3am in the morning.. so rocking it out loud aint really an option. Still thinking about getting a rane tho but I would need to sell my current mixer first!

How'd you find the transition from faders to rotaries? missing them yet? I love my faders but I have a feeling id love rotaries even more! I wanna be able to "feel the music"... like that urei youtube clip. haha.

How usable are those iso's on the rane? As you said their awkwardly positioned, but are they still usable?

Anyways nice choice in mixers..couldnt have chosen better myself.
BBC +

livin' for the weekend

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmic_seadog

Oh you dirty dirty bastard :p

Hehehe

Quote:

Originally Posted by ac1d3o3

How'd you find the transition from faders to rotaries? missing them yet? I love my faders but I have a feeling id love rotaries even more! I wanna be able to "feel the music"... like that urei youtube clip. haha.

How usable are those iso's on the rane? As you said their awkwardly positioned, but are they still usable?

Anyways nice choice in mixers..couldnt have chosen better myself.

Well, transition was fine, I was mixing with gains anyway with my shitty Vestax, so it was easier if anything. The thing is, the Bozak blends so well! You can run both tracks at the same time, and they just melt together! And I you can't help but close your eyes and 'feel' it. Done a bit of that from that clip too! Hahahahaha.

The isolator on the Rane is awesome! Sounds incredible and is definately useable, but it's just a little strange at time with the small knobs and having to reach over yourself to get at it, but I guess it's no different to any other mixers EQ right? It's just if I had a preference, I would put it up top like the Bozak.

Quote:

"No, I'm not letting you use my headphones, just cause you've got a USB stick full of MP3's in your pocket".

Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Times thanked
<
Thanked 4,528 Times in 1,493 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnjay

does the djm300 have crossfade curve? I cant remember, but bit stupid for a 2 chan not to have it,

nah doesn't have any curve feature for the CF or the line faders
CHOPPY_INDAHOUSE +

Times thanked
<
Why is it stupied? Why would you use that any way.

Quote:

I'm a faggot

Mickey1 +

Mike

Times thanked
<
First
Numark DXM06

Pros:
Great Sound
Great FX Range
Responsive EQ's & Faders
Work Horse had this mixer for 3yrs only problem i came across was Cue Fader started to bleed

Cons:
Eq's & Faders have a very plastic feel to them
Kill Switches are push buttons that must be depressed when activated cant just tap them

then

Pro's:
Lots of features
feels good
Great price
fun effects
three channels
Money Well spent
Same Build Quality as The 06 a few extra effects but cant go wrong sounds good too

Cons

Kill Switches get stuck when released to fast

Current

Behringer DDM 4000

Pros
Optical Faders
Sounds Like The DJM 800 but dose not clip as easy
Full Midi Support

#4 Phono/Line stereo channels allowing max. 8 signal sources to be connected simultaneously

# 2 Microphone inputs with Gain, EQ, Talk function and FX

# 4 stereo channels with Gain, programmable parametric 3-band EQ with Kill function, fader curve control and flexible crossfader assignment

# Sampler with beat-controlled loop function, real-time pitch control, sampler FX and crossfader start option
# 2 freely assignable and BPM-synchronized, high-quality FX engines (Bitcrusher, Resonator, Reverb, Flanger, etc.)
# Ultra-fast, accurate and patented* BPM counters for automatic BPM synchronization of sampler, FX, crossfader and external drum machines, etc. via MIDI
# Digital crossfader with flexible curve adjustment, reverse button and automatic, BPM-synchronized crossfading
# Dual-mode crossfader with frequency-selective crossfading
# Recall your last mixer setting I.E for Effects Perimeter settings

I must say this mixer is a massive step up from the crap that they previously made DJX 700 now only time will tell if this mixer really is better built it dose feel better than the DJM 800. at first it looks and feels complicated but it took me 5mins to understand how the menus work to easy it is a fun mixer to work with. if it wasnt this i would of got the Korg Zero 4 or the Ecler Evo 4.
For now i believe its money well spent
even My tractor dj studio is happy
I can say they have worked hard on this Mixer like they do with there studio gear
i almost forgot the twin FX units allow you to layer the FXs and control what Frequency range the Effect is applied to something that is really handy when working with a delay or Echo.

Cons
setting up midi using Abelton
Position of Headphone jack
Damn irritating

I will let you guys know should i encounter any major issues with the unit

Next Korg Zero 4

Or Ecler Evo 4

Mike

Technical Support/Sales Staff
Customer Focused Computer Services
Fitzroy & Blackburn
9416-4339

Hype Media - Music Production &
Pro Dj Management - MySpace

Future Entertainment
- Events Promotions Team

Last edited by Mickey1: 12-Oct-08 at 02:26am

pEAkeR_hAT +

"The Peoples' Champion"

Times thanked
<
Why does everyone buy 4-5 channel mixers>?

Im still pretty nub at mixing, but i thought most DJs mixed in 2 and maybe 3 songs at once at the most ?
but still i see everyone (with money) has 4-5 channel mixers..?

please explain../
RudeTed +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Im still pretty nub at mixing, but i thought most DJs mixed in 2 and maybe 3 songs at once at the most ?

please explain../

Theres an endless number of reasons for this.

If just DJing, then you can hook two turntables and two cdjs up to a four channel mixer and not have to hit the phono/line switch all the time.

A lot of these new mixers have midi capablility, which allows you to assign anything from ableton etc onto the surface. with ableton you can have as many channels as you want. having four or five channels to play with increases your flexibility.
plan-b +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHOPPY_INDAHOUSE

Why is it stupied? Why would you use that any way.

Scratching/cutting, and if you use the crossfader at all (I used to turn it off on my DJM300) it means you have to make sure the crossfader's exactly in the middle when you do.

Quote:

macc4 +

i don't have cat, it died

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,209 Times in 550 Posts

Quote:

please explain../

not all do. djm909 is pioneers best mixer. it has 2 channels + session in and costs more than djm800

on the internets it appears that everyone has 4 channel midi capable mixers

in reality, those with 2 channel mixer (50% of dj's according to recent survey*) are currently mixing up a storm,

whereas those with 4 channel mixers are too busy discussing hardware on the internet and seem to mix less often.

* survey was less statistical and more product of imagination
CHOPPY_INDAHOUSE +

Times thanked
<
Yeah i turn it off. but if you wanted to do that couldnt you use the volume faders.

Quote:

I'm a faggot

seth111 +

Times thanked
<
First and current - DJM 909
Pro's - 50 inbuilt effects some of which can be controlled by the channel faders
- headphone monitoring
- adjustable crossfader resistance
- awsome adjustable crossfader curve
- the way you turn the effects on/off
- individual effects processors for each channel
Con's - Only has two channels
[img][/img]
Absolutely love this mixer, wouldn't get rid of it for anything, next thing would prob be a xone 92, only for its filters and 4 channels, but would still hang on too the 909, i still can't understand why pioneer didn't release this in a 4 channel mixer???

Last edited by seth111: 12-Oct-08 at 10:09pm

macc4 +

Times thanked
<
seth wins thread. i also love my 909, but i don't rate the xone 92.
mcdoofus +

aka rhian em

Times thanked
<
^ Oi, shouldn't you two-channel bandits be out there mixing up a storm? We 4-channel cowboys have got hardware wanking to do..
RudeTed +

Times thanked
<
2 channel mixers are for simple people who can't do more than two things at once.
CHOPPY_INDAHOUSE +

Times thanked
<
Ohh you need to run^^

Quote:

I'm a faggot

RudeTed +

Times thanked
<
CHOPPY_INDAHOUSE +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by seth111

Pro's - 50 inbuilt effects some of which can be controlled by the channel faders
- headphone monitoring
[img][/img]
Absolutely love this mixer, wouldn't get rid of it for anything, next thing would prob be a xone 92, only for its filters and 4 channels, but would still hang on too the 909, i still can't understand why pioneer didn't release this in a 4 channel mixer???

Never heard of that mixer before. Apart from passing comments i thought it was a scrathing mixer or some thing is there any were good to read up about it.

Quote:

I'm a faggot

macc4 +

Times thanked
<
rudeted: mixmaster mike, q-bert, craze, grandmaster flash are just a few to use a 2 channel mixer, not simple folk by any means.

choppy: there are a few reviews on the djm909 to be found on the net, apart from these there isn't too much info around about them (pioneer site has info also)
the only known fault with them is distortion/clipping above +3db (as per pioneer standard!)
anything specific you want to know about it?
CHOPPY_INDAHOUSE +

Times thanked
<
Well you said before that its better and more expensive than the djm 800. Maybe reconsidering a djm 800 for one of them. Although the 4 channels is limmiting but i dunno.

Quote:

I'm a faggot

macc4 +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Well you said before that its better and more expensive than the djm 800. Maybe reconsidering a djm 800 for one of them. Although the 4 channels is limmiting but i dunno.

i'd say to try and have a play around on one before deciding

they do have a 'session in' input, allowing you to piggy back another mixer into it

it doesn't have the 'colour' effect like the 800, and no midi either
but it has many effects that the 800 hasn't, and the control over the effects is much greater
some effects can be assigned to channel fader or cross fader (wet/dry mix)

the faders are better quality than the 800, as are all knobs (decent size and rubberised for grip)

remember your cdj synth thread choppy? djm909 has fader synths (no input required, see clip below)

Media Player
Garthyboy +

Times thanked
<
First mixer
Behringer VMX200

Pros
Cheap as chips
Was a mixer
Basic - no fancy gadgets to distract me
Sold it for 75 bucks

Cons
Its a POS
Very noisy
Faders, X-fader, everything felt cheap

Second mixer
Denon X1500

Pros
4 Channel better than DJM600
Matix input (still mis that)
Great Xfader
Good price for the quality

Cons
Sampler - not easy to use on the fly
Upfaders felt cheap compared to the Xfader
Sold it for way cheaper than i should

Current
ECLER EVO5

Pros
Awesome flexibility
MIDI is great on it
Amazing effects - heaps of filters and very tunable
EQ's are great
Big knobs
Great upfaders
Just sounds fantastic and clean
Looks very sexy and pro quality....doesn't light up like a UFO
Inbuilt Soundcard
Long upfaders for smooth slow mixers if required

Cons
Its big - 19 inch size
Enless encoders feel cheap compared to EQ's etc
Maybe too many features....takes a while to get your feet back on the ground and just mix
Its not cheap in any way!!!

plan-b +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by seth111

- headphone monitoring
[img][/img]

Ryan.... You NEED to come round and give this Zero4 a whirl

Quote:

Mickey1 +

Mike

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Never heard of that mixer before. Apart from passing comments i thought it was a scrathing mixer or some thing is there any were good to read up about it.

I came across this mixer 2 years ago at one of the record stores now defunct (Capital DJ)
it was next to the djm 1000 which was a big ugly useless mixer really its like pioneers failed attempt at making studio grade mixers.
but we are talking about the DJM909 from what i remember of it it felt like a rock built really well but the effects section i believe was nothing to great
but essentially it was built as a battle mixer for the likes of Grandmaster flash and Q-Bert

what i want to know is can you layer the effects on to a single channel as i didnt not really play with them much like on the other mixers with dual fx processors and im not talking about the colour FX's on the djm 800 it is not a true dual fx mixer

at the end of the day if i had purchased it i would also be bragin about it as it is a really good scratch/battle mixer
Mike

Technical Support/Sales Staff
Customer Focused Computer Services
Fitzroy & Blackburn
9416-4339

Hype Media - Music Production &
Pro Dj Management - MySpace

Future Entertainment
- Events Promotions Team

Last edited by Mickey1: 16-Oct-08 at 05:24am

BBC +

livin' for the weekend

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by macc4

djm909 has fader synths (no input required, see clip below)

When would you ever use that? It sounds retarded!

Quote:

macc4 +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBC

When would you ever use that? It sounds retarded!

personally i wouldn't/don't use the synth. just thought choppy would like it (re-cdj synth thread)

not my cup of tea, but i have seen it used quite well.
macc4 +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickey1

what i want to know is can you layer the effects on to a single chanel as i didnt not really play with them much like on the other mixers with dual fx processors and im not talking about the colour FX's on the djm 800 it is not a true dual fx mixer

you can send channel 1 over to channel 2, allowing you to layer the effects
Garthyboy +

Times thanked
<
My Evo5 has dual effects that can be layered
I love it.....creates some really cool, practical effects!
seth111 +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by plan-b

Ryan.... You NEED to come round and give this Zero4 a whirl

Yea this zero4 sounds good, we should tee up a mixing session

Quote:

Originally Posted by macc4

you can send channel 1 over to channel 2, allowing you to layer the effects

Have i been missing something, how the hell do you do that?

Last edited by seth111: 15-Oct-08 at 03:54pm

Page 2 of 3

« Previous Thread Next Thread »