Ben Sims
Chris Disco +

disco dancer

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chach View Post

ITM Gurnoff?

if you want to have a gurnoff, best to stay in australia.

nothing has been announced yet.
http://mnmlssg.blogspot.com/
Chach +

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Times thanked
<
If its all the same to you I'll just keep taking your musical advice and ignore the moral judgements

ps Nerd.
What we were they are now, what we are now they will be

Coming up for The Likes of You

Derrick May April
Ben Sims
Chris Disco +

disco dancer

Times thanked
<

Quote:

If its all the same to you I'll just keep taking your musical advice and ignore the moral judgements

ps Nerd.

it has nothing to do with moral judgment. it is to do with the differences between the scene in japan compared to europe and australia. the authorities here are very, very strict with that kind of thing, and there is a constant threat that parties like this will be shut down because of this. the scene over here has been seriously impacted both by the recent disasters and the police cracking down on the club scene in osaka. the last thing we need is a bunch of people flying in and potentially fucking shit up by trying to score and get wasted.
Chach +

Times thanked
<
Dude, it was tongue in cheek, I've never been to Japan and I hardly think that will be at the top of my things to do while I am at the best party in the world soaking up the atmosphere.

Derrick May April
Ben Sims
Chris Disco +

disco dancer

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Dude, it was tongue in cheek, I've never been to Japan and I hardly think that will be at the top of my things to do while I am at the best party in the world soaking up the atmosphere.

fair enough. sorry, i am a bit sensitive about the scene over here right now. things are really not good. club owners in osaka are getting put in jail for running clubs, parties are getting shut down by police enforcing the 'no dancing' law, which seriously is actually a fucking law here. it is generally not enforced but sometimes they choose to, and they are doing this right now in osaka. not good at all!
ratticus +

facebook.com/thepublicworksdepartment

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,477 Times in 893 Posts
Rough shit, hope it works out alright for everyone.

Permanent clearance by: #1-01
Chach +

Times thanked
<
Are you serious?

I have no idea about Japanese politics, on the flipside only good music can come from that that kind of repression.

Derrick May April
Ben Sims
Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
<
I fear that sort of thing here.

As the conservative rednecks sweep towards influence and power accross the country talking up law an order and boat people and other bullshit political issues it is inevitable that they will start to seriously pick on the EDM scene.

It is ironic that one of the most harmless subcultures in society is painted as as social evil.

I always piss my self when I see the cops doing their rounds in Brown Alley. I have only ever see one guy start shit at Brown Alley and the dance floor sorted him out (non violently) before the bouncers could even get there to throw him out. The Cops know that nothing is going down but if they cross over to the otherside of the street they know they will have their work cut out for them dealing with drunken douche bags looking for fights and chicks.
My mixes:

Bruno Orso’s Sunrise Over Tocumwal, 28 January 2012
Track list

Orso's Sounds of the Tunnel Vol 1, December 2013

Last edited by Bruno from Burwood: 06-Apr-11 at 08:00pm

grumf +

"If I want to put my hands in the air I will. I don't need some fuck-stick telling me what to do." - Aphex Twin

Times thanked
<
Stole my thread! But I'll be going if it's happening this year.
antis +

automated user

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Disco View Post

shut down by police enforcing the 'no dancing' law, which seriously is actually a fucking law here. it is generally not enforced but sometimes they choose to,

i remember seeing signs in bars when i was over there last year, but seemed like it was pretty much ignored

- Automation -
Chris Disco +

disco dancer

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by antis View Post

i remember seeing signs in bars when i was over there last year, but seemed like it was pretty much ignored

yeah, but the police can choose to enforce it. shut down womb the other year when ben klock and shed were playing, for example. and supposedly they are enforcing it a lot in osaka right now.
PSD4 +

Times thanked
<
No dancing law?!? Can you give a bit of background to it - when/why/how it came about?
cmontyc +

Times thanked
<
thats just fucking stupid and will never happen in melb!!!!
benkanemill +

Bitch

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruno from Burwood View Post

I fear that sort of thing here.

As the conservative rednecks sweep towards influence and power accross the country talking up law an order and boat people and other bullshit political issues it is inevitable that they will start to seriously pick on the EDM scene.

It is ironic that one of the most harmless subcultures in society is painted as as social evil.

I always piss my self when I see the cops doing their rounds in Brown Alley. I have only ever see one guy start shit at Brown Alley and the dance floor sorted him out (non violently) before the bouncers could even get there to throw him out. The Cops know that nothing is going down but if they cross over to the otherside of the street they know they will have their work cut out for them dealing with drunken douche bags looking for fights and chicks.

Yeah I cant see it getting that regimented here tbh. I hope I am right!
Soundcloud
JazzyJimmyJ +

Times thanked
<
back to olabyrinth.

i will be there.

by hook or by crook.

and will hang out with as many people i don't know as possible.

hell yeah.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Pham

I'd pay $100 just to see Move D cook some spring rolls.

DamoK +

i'm back, bitches

Times thanked
<
While I agree that something as blatant as a "No dancing" law would never get passed in Melbourne, licensing regulations have already crippled certain sectors of our nightlife. It's amazing what can be enforced behind the guise of stamping out alcohol fueled violence.

On topic - I'd love to make it to Labyrinth, but September is never a good time of year for me to get away. I really wanted to make it last year but new baby meant no dice. This year I've already used up all of my holidays. Maybe next year.
i just don't know anymore
Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
<
Think outside the square. They don't need to bring in anti-dancing laws to harrass promoters and club owners.

On topic: I've shut Labyrinth out of my mind. A md year change of plans saw me pull the pin last year and this year is going to be impossible.

Overrated festival IMO
My mixes:

Track list

benkanemill +

Bitch

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruno from Burwood View Post

Think outside the square. They don't need to bring in anti-dancing laws to harrass promoters and club owners.

On topic: I've shut Labyrinth out of my mind. A md year change of plans saw me pull the pin last year and this year is going to be impossible.

Overrated festival IMO

Liquor licensing? Zoning? Noise pollution? There is only so much they can do me thinks with regards to these 'laws' and can only be enforced 'so much' in certain 'areas'.

But anywho, yes Labrynth. I too was going to make the trek over this year but that seems all but quashed :/
Pfft...who needs Labby when I have ke$ha at Future?

So Disco...do you think it will go ahead? a bit uncertain this early? Whats the vibe regarding it?
Soundcloud
Chris Disco +

disco dancer

Times thanked
<
bang a gong bitches
chimby +

You've got to be kitten me!

Times thanked
<
I want to make this happen. Which month are we talking?
cmontyc +

Times thanked
<
hey disco have u been to rainbow?, thats prob my fav festie to go too, what would be the major differences between that and labyrinth!!!!
Bruno from Burwood +

Times thanked
<
Labyrinth actually puts together good techno line ups.
My mixes:

Track list

Last edited by Bruno from Burwood: 08-Apr-11 at 08:41am

Chris Disco +

disco dancer

Times thanked
<
what bruno said.
ratticus +

Times thanked
<
If you go Sam I'm gonna be so jelly.

cmontyc +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Bruno from Burwood Labyrinth actually puts together good techno line ups.

so u have been to both and thats the only difference, i dont know much about labyrinth, i just wanted disco or anyone for that matter who has been to both.
i know the linup for labyrinth is more my taste but i dont go just for the music, people, vibe, infrastructure, just a fee of what to expect, i guess i will google it then!!!
Chris Disco +

disco dancer

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmontyc View Post

so u have been to both and thats the only difference, i dont know much about labyrinth, i just wanted disco or anyone for that matter who has been to both.
i know the linup for labyrinth is more my taste but i dont go just for the music, people, vibe, infrastructure, just a fee of what to expect, i guess i will google it then!!!

my proper response would be: i have never been to rainbow, but people seem to like it. there have been a couple of DJs that have played at both who i have spoken to - three, markus from minilogue - and both say that rainbow is a cool festival, but not in the same league as labyrinth. seriously, nothing is.

i can honestly say you will NEVER experience anything like labyrinth. i have been going to techno parties since '97, i have been to fabric, i have been to berghain, and plenty of other techno events, and nothing comes close to labyrinth.

if you want to find out more, go back and read my reports from the last 3 years on lab.
JazzyJimmyJ +

Times thanked
<
any ideas on dates?
i'm hoping to do this and maybe another trip to indo a little later, so want to figure out how much time to take off.

Quote:

chimby +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratticus View Post

If you go Sam I'm gonna be so jelly.

I'm so keen. The lady friend wants to go to Japan too.
ratticus +

Times thanked
<
I'm super keen too, just can't really take the time off school. So it'll probably be 3 years before I can go
cmontyc +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Chris Disco

Quote:

my proper response would be: i have never been to rainbow, but people seem to like it. there have been a couple of DJs that have played at both who i have spoken to - three, markus from minilogue - and both say that rainbow is a cool festival, but not in the same league as labyrinth. seriously, nothing is.

i can honestly say you will NEVER experience anything like labyrinth. i have been going to techno parties since '97, i have been to fabric, i have been to berghain, and plenty of other techno events, and nothing comes close to labyrinth.

if you want to find out more, go back and read my reports from the last 3 years on lab.

so you have not been cool, i have been partying since 97 aswell and been to all european parties north and south american parties and shitloads of techno events around the world and seriously rainbow is miles of anything i have been too so labrinth must be fuckin off the charts. i will be in japan in july so wont be goin to labrinth but will see how the japanese roll!!!
Chris Disco +

disco dancer

Times thanked
<

Quote:

so you have not been cool, i have been partying since 97 aswell and been to all european parties north and south american parties and shitloads of techno events around the world and seriously rainbow is miles of anything i have been too so labrinth must be fuckin off the charts. i will be in japan in july so wont be goin to labrinth but will see how the japanese roll!!!

labyrinth is really on a whole different level...

let me know your dates closer to july. with some luck you might be there for something very cool...
Chris Disco +

disco dancer

Times thanked
<
dates announced on twitter:

"The Labyrinth 2011 is September 17-19"
JazzyJimmyJ +

Times thanked
<
thanks chris.
time to start planning a nice little birthday holiday...

Quote:

primalstatik +

Just call me p-statz.

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,288 Posts
Really hope to be there in 2012. Can't do it this year as I am saving for Europe to be there for at least 12 months, considering flying from Europe to Japan just for Labyrinth, if funding goes to plan.

OnL - Groove Salad
New Feb 2016 mix. Bit of olive oil, a pinch of salt and plenty of groove.
grumf +

"If I want to put my hands in the air I will. I don't need some fuck-stick telling me what to do." - Aphex Twin

Times thanked
<

Quote:

dates announced on twitter:

"The Labyrinth 2011 is September 17-19"

Sweet, booking holidays for September & October tomorrow!
Andrez666 +

iffy bizness

Times thanked
<

Quote:

labyrinth is really on a whole different level...

let me know your dates closer to july. with some luck you might be there for something very cool...

Totally agree!
Little Nobody + Funk Gadget = Tokyo

'Metropolis How?' 12" remixed by James Ruskin
'The Condimental Op' vinyl remixed by AUX 88

+ '100 Years of Vicissitude' novel
+ 'Tobacco-Stained Mountain Goat' novel

Chris Disco +

disco dancer

Times thanked
<

Mindgames has reached out to artists who have played at the Labyrinth festival—friends who have a deep love and respect for the country and people of Japan—and asked them to contribute music in honor of the survivors and to help raise funds for the process of rebuilding. The music will be compiled as a double-cd release, entitled “Composure”.

To help heal tired nerves, the music is downbeat nature, from experimental techno to deep ambient.

We know that our contribution will be a modest one, but we also feel it is important to express our concern for everyone affected, and music is the avenue of expression that we as a group have chosen.

Almost all the music contributed are new tracks that have been composed especially for this project, and none have been released before. The artists who have kindly agreed to create and donate their music are:

* Alex Smoke (Scotland)

* Convextion aka E.R.P. (USA)

* Deepchord (USA)

* Donnacha Costello (Ireland)

* Donato Dozzy (Italy)

* Eavesdropper (Belgium)

* Echospace (USA)

* Jonah Sharp & Fred P (USA)

* Koss aka Kuniyuki (Japan)

* Mathew Jonson (USA)

* Mike Parker (USA)

* Minilogue (Sweden)

* Peter Van Hoesen (Belgium)

* Reagenz: Move D & Jonah Sharp (Germany/USA)

* Sandwell District: Function & Regis (USA/UK)

* Steve Good (UK/Japan)

Handling the mastering will be another Labyrinth friend, Neel from Rome.

Disk Union in Japan has generously agreed to partner with us to produce and distribute this album throught their own label, Music 4 Your Legs, which we are very thankful for. To ensure that as much money goes to relief efforts as possible, Disk Union and the Labyrinth are covering the production costs (cd pressing, packaging, etc), so you know that your purchase is going to people who need it. The album will first be released digitally in May, and the cd version will follow in June.

More info
G8CRSHR +

Fifi's box

Times thanked
<
I thought that was the line-up for a second, almost had a hernia!

Definitely want to get to this party some time, maybe next year..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid A

why am i even saying this to the internet, who gives a shit?

chimby +

Times thanked
<
Top work Chris.
Chris Disco +

disco dancer

Times thanked
<
be there in 2011. that is all i will say.
ratticus +

Times thanked
<
fffffuuuuuuuuuu.jpg

ausio +

Times thanked
<
Chris does this event sell out? And if so, would it be possible to get a ticket a month prior, or a week?

Reason being is will be working in Norway and wont be able to secure time off work until weeks before the event. Otherwise its looking like 2012 for me too.
Psyentist +

http://soundcloud.com/gene-hoffmann/

Times thanked
<

Quote:

it has nothing to do with moral judgment. it is to do with the differences between the scene in japan compared to europe and australia. the authorities here are very, very strict with that kind of thing, and there is a constant threat that parties like this will be shut down because of this. the scene over here has been seriously impacted both by the recent disasters and the police cracking down on the club scene in osaka. the last thing we need is a bunch of people flying in and potentially fucking shit up by trying to score and get wasted.

LOL.

Gene Hoffmann at Tresor.Berlin [Sept 2014]
feat. Surgeon, Rrose, Untold, Kangding Ray, Blawan, Green Velvet etc...
Set & tracklist: https://soundcloud.com/gene-hoffmann...lin-3-sep-2014
Chris Disco +

disco dancer

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by ausio View Post

Chris does this event sell out? And if so, would it be possible to get a ticket a month prior, or a week?

Reason being is will be working in Norway and wont be able to secure time off work until weeks before the event. Otherwise its looking like 2012 for me too.

last year it sold out about 7-10 days before the event.
daysofourlives +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Slightly off topic but I can name 10 clubs off the top of my head that have been better for techno in the last 20 years than Fabric.
Chris Disco +

disco dancer

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by daysofourlives View Post

Slightly off topic but I can name 10 clubs off the top of my head that have been better for techno in the last 20 years than Fabric.

only 10? i didn't like fabric at all. but people seem to rate it, that's why included it. i went once and promised myself i would never go back. corsica studios is my favourite club in london.
daysofourlives +

Times thanked
<
10 is a nice round number thats all. Fabric is a good club, it pushes forward thinking music and gave London a kick up the backside but the music only comes in to its own in room 2. Corsica Studios but it's still (fairly) new and developing. The Orbit, Checkpoint Charlies and even Ultimate B.A.S.E pushed techno when the rest of the UK wouldn't give it any proper acknowledgment.
grumf +

Times thanked
<
Check out Soul AID to support Japan and its music community through music donated by artists.
mr_yan +

Times thanked
<
I'm there... getting excited already
Page 1 of 21

« Previous Thread Next Thread »