The DJ Booth

Club DJing

Reply
Page 3 of 4
  Tools
Geoffo +

Registered User

Geoffo's Avatar
Joined
Nov '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
643
so your lazy.

your also a child. like the most children you will grow up to realise what a twat you were when you were younger.

fin.
Where Are All The Cowboys?
The Last Hotdog Stand
Bracko +

Bracko's Avatar
Joined
Apr '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,532
Thanked 2,799 Times in 1,577 Posts
Posts
42,178

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruso

I hate to jump on the grammar train but the topic's not going anywhere anyway. Choppy, if you have a hearing problem then I'm wary of putting shit on you. While I don't really know how it translates to spelling I'll take you at your word. But surely you're able to spell a word that has been introduced into the conversation by the previous poster?

Phase, not fase. Try harder, it's right in front of you. You've obviously mastered bittorent/limewire, so there's no reason not to use Google or dictionary.com.

Man, I want to sig this.



bad hearing can delay speech in a child which will in turn delay most learning activities. I had problems with my hearing which was caused by a simple build up of wax in my inner ears due to them developing late or some shit... anywho.... point is, it can delay speech, but shouldn't affect spelling in the long run as long as it's a known problem and picked up within the school/home environment.

/serious fase.


p.s. make it a sig... you know you want to
step on my cubes.
CHOPPY_INDAHOUSE +

Registered User

Joined
Jan '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
874
well as you learn to spell you learn the sounds or how words work, Im not a doctor so i cant explain this 100% but this is what i have been told by the doctors it means dont hear the words proporly. i still dont understandy why. It also effects my reading and consentration alot as well. I go in to hospital regularly because of my hearing im going in on monday if any one wants to visit me. im joking.
Its a fucken internet site im not going to look up every word. I have to constantly do that at school why do should i come home and do it on here.

This is bad to be bagginy my self but thats awsome im in a sig.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eros le Tardfack

I'm a faggot

CHOPPY_INDAHOUSE +

Registered User

Joined
Jan '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
874
Bracko beat me and it was picked up on way to late. My public primary school blaimed it on having ADD. Antill i started going to my current school that is private, they knew what it was in the first 2 days and she didnt even talk to me or meet me she read some of my work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eros le Tardfack

I'm a faggot

DJ_Ange +

The Pleasure Is All Mine

Joined
Sep '05
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Posts
2,872
well it sounds like you are struggling with something i'm sure many of us don't understand how to handle so for that ... my hat's off to you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHOPPY_INDAHOUSE

Its a matter of opion if stealing music is wrong. right and wrong is diffrent from illigal and legal.

In the case of my other passion if i dont have it it wont happen. its impossible.

i was ment to and was under the impression that i did antill i looked today. That I was glad to see that you rassionly said your point to me with out abusing me at the same time.

it was in refrence to other itms that where also going on about the same point in other treads.

Im 17 doing vce and i dont know how you could predict how many life lessions i had. Its rather arrigant of you.

although i steal muisc now. dosnt mean im going to go out and steal parts of cars because i want them i do have ethics. (dont say i dont because i steal music because ethics are indivual things).

Aside from your hearing impairment I have to go back to a previous comment you made ^^ .... stealing being wrong is not a matter of opinion. It is wrong plain and simple. If something doesn't belong to you and requires you to part with money for it to belong to you then it is illegal. There is no differentiation between stealing and something being illegal. They are one in the same.

Apologies for assuming what you may/may not have learnt yet in life but it's pretty clear this is something you have not yet grasped.

Here's an analogy for you.
- You spend your hard earned money buying car parts to do up an old car (which is the same context as the money a producer spends on setting up his/her own studio),
- then you spend countless hours putting everything together (the same as a producer spending hours in front of the computer writing a track)
- then you bring in people to help you with the stuff you don't personally know how to do (the same as a producer bringing in live musicians such as vocalists, instrumentalists, using someone to master their track, etc ... all of which cost time and money)
- then you spend money on packaging the car such as paint job, branding it, etc (the same as a producer seeking out a record label(s) willing to release your track)

There's a lot more to it all but are you starting to see where I'm going with this???

Now tell me would you be ok letting someone else take the car for free because they can't afford it even though you spent so much time working on it, spent your own personal money to create it and had involvement from many others in its creation as well?

Aside from the simple fact that stealing is wrong and illegal you've not stopped to think about what is actually involved in music creation and why there is a very good reason for it not being free.
http://www.facebook.com/DJ.Ange.Australia
http://www.facebook.com/Trance.Progressive.Sydney
http://www.twitter.com/dj_ange
BBC +

livin' for the weekend

BBC's Avatar
Joined
Jan '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
1,709

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Rooster

Choppy,

I started DJing 10-11 years ago while at uni when there was no such thing as a CDJ (or they were new and no one used them), which meant no $2 songs off the net, and certainly no free music. Every track was $15 - $20 which was about 2 hours part time work for me. I had to really want the track if I was going to shell out that sort of money. You don't know how easy you have it today, and you are struggling to rustle up a few bucks for a song?

Let me see.... if you get paid $12/hour (I don't know how much a 17yo gets paid these days) and a song costs $2, that means you have to work for 10 mins to be able to afford one track. Little bit different than my 2 hours in my early 20s.

Fucking right on. That's what it equated to when you got that package of records. that was 10 hours, or nearly 2 days work. You couldn't go out with the boys on Saturday night, because that was your budget fucked for the week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruso

Man, I want to sig this.

That is classic!!! Wish I saw it first. Everyone is ripping on this kid a fair bit, and we can all see it's not going to change him, but that comment is pure gold!


As for spelling, it's not just your spelling that is the problem. Start your sentences with a capital letter. Put a full stop at the end of them. Spelling has nothing to do with hearing, the English language is not phonetic anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Good Doctor

"No, I'm not letting you use my headphones, just cause you've got a USB stick full of MP3's in your pocket".

CHOPPY_INDAHOUSE +

Registered User

Joined
Jan '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
874
If I could make numerous copys of it with out using any resoruces i would let people use it. Because i built the car for my own personal reasons. Although i do see your point. Because there not doing it for personal reasons.
Thats why i have started buying my music.

DJ ANGE LIVE @ MARDI GRAS DARWIN: House set im up to 1 hour 8 seconds and am loving. have not be able to constrate on mixing because been doing home work. awsome song selections.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eros le Tardfack

I'm a faggot

CHOPPY_INDAHOUSE +

Registered User

Joined
Jan '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
874
BBC your wrong it has changed me i am not buying music. As for you all riping on my spelling its not going to change.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eros le Tardfack

I'm a faggot

DJ_Ange +

The Pleasure Is All Mine

Joined
Sep '05
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Posts
2,872

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHOPPY_INDAHOUSE

If I could make numerous copys of it with out using any resoruces i would let people use it. Because i built the car for my own personal reasons. Although i do see your point. Because there not doing it for personal reasons.
Thats why i have started buying my music.

DJ ANGE LIVE @ MARDI GRAS DARWIN: House set im up to 1 hour 8 seconds and am loving. have not be able to constrate on mixing because been doing home work. awsome song selections.

Cool! Glad you can see the point we were all trying to make and good to see you are buying your tunes now. I was under the impression you were still nicking tracks for free.

PS - glad you are enjoying my set
http://www.facebook.com/DJ.Ange.Australia
http://www.facebook.com/Trance.Progressive.Sydney
http://www.twitter.com/dj_ange
Mad Rooster +

Registered User

Mad Rooster's Avatar
Joined
Mar '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
425
Choppie, if yu carnt here proply, how the fark cairn yu deejay? im tippen yur sets arnet very gud.

pheel phree to post wun ov yur sets four us to lissen to tho.

ivnt parsing inglish a prerekwozet for obtayning da VCE?

Last edited by Mad Rooster: 15-Mar-08 at 08:01pm

CHOPPY_INDAHOUSE +

Registered User

Joined
Jan '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
874
I love how mature you are your ment to me an aduilt, i was getting that shit in like year 8 good job

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eros le Tardfack

I'm a faggot

Mad Rooster +

Registered User

Mad Rooster's Avatar
Joined
Mar '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
425

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHOPPY_INDAHOUSE

I love how mature you are your ment to me an aduilt, i was getting that shit in like year 8 good job

I never sed i woz machoor becoz i no that im farken not!!!!!!!!
Spectrum +

What?! No Crossfader!

Spectrum's Avatar
Joined
May '01
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 2
Thanked 147 Times in 96 Posts
Posts
9,193
While we're all waaaaaaay off rails re the thread topic, may I toss in a spelling lesson for the majority of you lot to take note of?

'Your' is not the shortened version of 'you are', rather it's 'you're'.

If you're using the word 'your', then you're best to consider what it's short for, and if need be, exchange your choice of word.

Thanking you all very much.

Spectrum Speller

xxx
Funkedub +

"You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help."

Funkedub's Avatar
Joined
Jan '03
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 439
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,141 Posts
Posts
21,221
your (sic) quite right Spectrum
For all of your musical needs*

funkedub dot com



*musical needs most likely not met
stevenwoolley +

DINGOSTYLE

stevenwoolley's Avatar
Joined
Sep '05
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
1,677

Quote:

Originally Posted by beakers

Why should you learn to use vinyl before cd's if like me you will probably never end up playing from vinyl in your life?... I learned how to produce tunes before I learned how to DJ at all! Does that mean everyone else here should do the same too or would it be better for people to just stick to what works for them?


Because it takes fuck all skill to use cdjs and you can teach someone to use them in hours! I have both Technics and 1000s. Unless you are looping shit all the time (wich most people dont) why not play vinyl? or do what i have done...Purchase Tracktor Scratch!
I have been playing cds for the last 2 years, and it has gotten to the point were i no longer want to put in the same category as those using them, due to file sharing and the fact that i personally believe that everyone should learn on vinyl!
www.dingostyle.com
Gruso +

Gruso's Avatar
Joined
Aug '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 9,121
Thanked 20,931 Times in 6,226 Posts
Posts
37,567

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHOPPY_INDAHOUSE

This is bad to be bagginy my self but thats awsome im in a sig.

Good to hear. A sense of humour is essential to your survival in these parts.
Bracko +

Bracko's Avatar
Joined
Apr '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,532
Thanked 2,799 Times in 1,577 Posts
Posts
42,178

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruso

Good to hear. A sense of humour is essential to your survival in these parts.

not as much as the old days.

getting ripped into by by other DJ's just isn't the same as all the producers playing internets stacks on.
step on my cubes.
DJ Fishn +

Registered User

Joined
Mar '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
11
Hi all just been reading through the thread and I could not stop laughing it makes for quite a good read. I've been out of the scene for a fair while now. I started spinning vinyl with a friend (Their gear) back in the late 80's early 90's. Played a few giggs and loved it. Did it for the music as that what its always been about. Mid 90s had a (state of mind problem- self induced) and further that had my decks, tunes and other bits and pieces removed without my will. i thought Id join the navy to sort myself out. It worked but something was missing. I met my now wife in Sydney watching Sasha and John Digweed playing N.E at Sublime. I then realised what was missing and found myself downstairs purchasing vinyl at Reachn records. The ship I was on used to pull in to Sydney every 3 months and thats when I bought my vinyl. I wasnt playing anywhere apart from a few parties and things. I bought some average decks with thumb dials not sliders and a 2 ch mixer from another DJ moving up on his gear. Cost me about $450. Now these decks aren't great but i reckon after using them and "re-learning" the craft of mixing properly with flow etc They were money well spent. in fact I still have them along with some tt500. Well i know that this is a bit like war and piece so i will cut to the chase. I am now making the transition to ableton live which is another can of worms all together, the thing is Im still not working anywhere musically speaking but I still do it. Why, BECAUSE I LOVE IT and that my friends is called passion or addiction or maybe something else but as its already been said. You cant put a price on passion and Im glad to see you are now paying for music. You may not think so now but you will appreciate it down the track and who knows you to may have the passion running in your veins in 20 years time also. Oh for those wandering yes I still buy vinyl
ferretrock +

speaker whore

ferretrock's Avatar
Joined
Mar '06
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 20
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Posts
9,613
DJ Fishn, while I appreciate your passion, i'd have appreciated it more with some paragraphs...
beakers +

Registered User

beakers's Avatar
Joined
Jul '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
1,027

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenwoolley

Because it takes fuck all skill to use cdjs and you can teach someone to use them in hours! I have both Technics and 1000s. Unless you are looping shit all the time (wich most people dont) why not play vinyl? or do what i have done...Purchase Tracktor Scratch!
I have been playing cds for the last 2 years, and it has gotten to the point were i no longer want to put in the same category as those using them, due to file sharing and the fact that i personally believe that everyone should learn on vinyl!

So what if you are looping shit all the time? What if you can't afford to spend enough money with vinyl to filter through the crap to come up with interesting and fresh sets every week? What if you have tried both and one feels better to you? Why would you care whether you are known as a CD/Vinyl/Ableton/Traktor/Serrato/Tapedeck/Onemanmonkeyband... Wouldn't you rather be known for how you sound? How does someone else file sharing affect your sets if you pay for your own music anyway? Mixing is more than beatmatching dude.. once the tunes are in time it doesen't matter where the audio is coming from.. It's nearly all done with the mixer unless you are scratching or looping like you said.. Like I said before, I learned to produce tunes before I learned to mix them so I could say everyone needs to understand the production side before they learn to mix because it is harder and you will have a better understanding of how the track is made but that would be just another silly personal opinion that is wrong.. Why if you had no desire to follow through with it would you begin to learn production if your only desire was to learn to dj? Who really cares what you use in the end.. People will respect your sound not your medium you use to play it to them.
holtless +

Look at 'im go!

holtless's Avatar
Joined
Sep '06
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
6,034

Quote:

Originally Posted by beakers

So what if you are looping shit all the time? What if you can't afford to spend enough money with vinyl to filter through the crap to come up with interesting and fresh sets every week? What if you have tried both and one feels better to you? Why would you care whether you are known as a CD/Vinyl/Ableton/Traktor/Serrato/Tapedeck/Onemanmonkeyband... Wouldn't you rather be known for how you sound? How does someone else file sharing affect your sets if you pay for your own music anyway? Mixing is more than beatmatching dude.. once the tunes are in time it doesen't matter where the audio is coming from.. It's nearly all done with the mixer unless you are scratching or looping like you said.. Like I said before, I learned to produce tunes before I learned to mix them so I could say everyone needs to understand the production side before they learn to mix because it is harder and you will have a better understanding of how the track is made but that would be just another silly personal opinion that is wrong.. Why if you had no desire to follow through with it would you begin to learn production if your only desire was to learn to dj? Who really cares what you use in the end.. People will respect your sound not your medium you use to play it to them.

nah dude, it's a fact, my medium of playing music is better than your medium of playing music.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zooky

I'm more offended about the fluro headband comment yo, that shits not cool, i have taste, and an impecable dress sense

littlebrains69 +

JimmyJams

littlebrains69's Avatar
Joined
Feb '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Posts
1,393

Quote:

Originally Posted by holtless

nah dude, it's a fact, my medium of playing music is better than your medium of playing music.

You'd better play the same thing as me then, otherwise YOU'RE wrong.
minhbo +

Registered User

Joined
Jan '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Posts
329

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spectrum

While we're all waaaaaaay off rails re the thread topic, may I toss in a spelling lesson for the majority of you lot to take note of?

'Your' is not the shortened version of 'you are', rather it's 'you're'.

If you're using the word 'your', then you're best to consider what it's short for, and if need be, exchange your choice of word.

Thanking you all very much.

Spectrum Speller

xxx

Yes! Don't they teach this shit in school anymore?

Same with using there when they mean their.
holtless +

Look at 'im go!

holtless's Avatar
Joined
Sep '06
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
6,034
if you were writing an essay for shool saying "same with using there" would send you a few grades down because you didn't put "it's" in front. we're all guilty of grammatical/spelling fuck ups from time to time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zooky

I'm more offended about the fluro headband comment yo, that shits not cool, i have taste, and an impecable dress sense

minhbo +

Registered User

Joined
Jan '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Posts
329
Yeah I know that would have been the proper way to start that sentence. But it's implied anyway and the sentence still means the same thing.
Spectrum +

What?! No Crossfader!

Spectrum's Avatar
Joined
May '01
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 2
Thanked 147 Times in 96 Posts
Posts
9,193

Quote:

Originally Posted by minhbo

Yes! Don't they teach this shit in school anymore?

Same with using there when they mean their.

[rant]

There's also a big fucking difference between "bought" versus "brought", they look different, they sound different, they mean different.

Get it right FFS, Planet English.

And the trend appears to be worsening, with these examples of basic primary school-level screw-ups slipping into everyday language. All that learning opportunity wasted on MySpaz and MSN. Great, huh?

"Oh, but you know what I mean?"

Um, no. Wanna try that one again?

[/rant]
Spectrum +

What?! No Crossfader!

Spectrum's Avatar
Joined
May '01
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 2
Thanked 147 Times in 96 Posts
Posts
9,193

Quote:

Originally Posted by holtless

"it's"


Must say, there's an excellent use of the apostrophe, which is otherwise all too often abused or omitted.
Ralph Wiggum +

Registered Techno User

Ralph Wiggum's Avatar
Joined
Dec '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Posts
7,758
I'm a bit lost as to what the fuck spelling has to do with djing?

You're either a shit dj or a good dj regardless of the medium your are using.
Effin See


Rav


Frisky Music
Spectrum +

What?! No Crossfader!

Spectrum's Avatar
Joined
May '01
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 2
Thanked 147 Times in 96 Posts
Posts
9,193

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum

your are












It's all in the attention to detail.
Ralph Wiggum +

Registered Techno User

Ralph Wiggum's Avatar
Joined
Dec '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Posts
7,758
I see
Effin See


Rav


Frisky Music
Dee Jay Mikey +

Registered User

Dee Jay Mikey's Avatar
Joined
Jan '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Posts
1,983

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenwoolley

Because it takes fuck all skill to use cdjs and you can teach someone to use them in hours! I have both Technics and 1000s. Unless you are looping shit all the time (wich most people dont) why not play vinyl? or do what i have done...Purchase Tracktor Scratch!
I have been playing cds for the last 2 years, and it has gotten to the point were i no longer want to put in the same category as those using them, due to file sharing and the fact that i personally believe that everyone should learn on vinyl!

Care to elaborate??

Why do you give 2 shits about everyone file sharing when you use traktor?

contradiction??
walkingdisaster +

Registered User

Joined
Dec '05
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
189
How does using traktor associate him with filesharing?

edit: shmeh don't actually really give a toss. His (stevenwooley's) post is full of shit anyway.

Last edited by walkingdisaster: 19-Mar-08 at 10:48pm

beakers +

Registered User

beakers's Avatar
Joined
Jul '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
1,027
read closley
Mad Rooster +

Registered User

Mad Rooster's Avatar
Joined
Mar '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
425

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spectrum

Must say, there's an excellent use of the apostrophe, which is otherwise all too often abused or omitted.

Only if holtless was referring to "it is" and not "it" in the possessive form. As in: That was its greatest moment (no apostrohe) but:
This is Bruce's music.
That was the school's worst subject.

Why is that? Sorry that this thread has become "Punctuation & Grammar 101", but I can't stand punctuation, spelling or grammar mistakes. Laziness.
Mad Rooster +

Registered User

Mad Rooster's Avatar
Joined
Mar '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
425

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dee Jay Mikey

Care to elaborate??

Why do you give 2 shits about everyone file sharing when you use traktor?

contradiction??

By "file sharing" do you mean mean pirating? I use Serato and I don't pirate.

But I also don't quiet understand Woolley Woofter's comment either. Learning to mix on CDJ may be a tad easier than vinyl, but you are expected to do more while mixing on CDJs. Embrace the technology, and take your mixing to a higher level I say.
Mad Rooster +

Registered User

Mad Rooster's Avatar
Joined
Mar '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
425

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dee Jay Mikey

Care to elaborate??

Why do you give 2 shits about everyone file sharing when you use traktor?

contradiction??

By "file sharing" do you mean mean pirating? I use Serato and I don't pirate.

But I also don't quiet understand Woolley Woofter's comment either. Learning to mix on CDJ may be a tad easier than vinyl, but you are expected to do more while mixing on CDJs. Embrace the technology, and take your mixing to a higher level I say.
Spectrum +

What?! No Crossfader!

Spectrum's Avatar
Joined
May '01
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 2
Thanked 147 Times in 96 Posts
Posts
9,193

Quote:

Originally Posted by holtless

nah dude, it's a fact, my medium of playing music is better than your medium of playing music.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Rooster

Only if holtless was referring to "it is" and not "it" in the possessive form...

Absolutely correct, sir.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Rooster

..."it" in the possessive form. As in: That was its greatest moment (no apostrohe) but:

This is Bruce's music.
That was the school's worst subject.

Why is that?

Very good question, and one I do not have an answer for.

The "greatest moment" is possessed by "it", and in any other situation related to anything living or dead, it'd be accompanied by an apostrophe, but not when the it's just a humble "it".



What's this thread about anyway? Oh yeah, club DJing. Well apparently I'm too old for those sorts of shenanigans.
toilet trained +

Mr thunderbox

toilet trained's Avatar
Joined
Jun '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
3,761
who gives a toss about spelling now with the new horizons of netspeak?

youv got to be able to see the advantages of teh over the and deadmau5 over deadmouse...right?

yer, of course you do, so it just so happens UR is the new you're and its is now spelt 1tz

p.s vinyl junkies are pretenders...true story
hang on a minute, im on the potty doing poo





http://soundcloud.com/moth-hunter
holtless +

Look at 'im go!

holtless's Avatar
Joined
Sep '06
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
6,034

Quote:

Originally Posted by toilet trained

youv got to be able to see the advantages of teh over the and deadmau5 over deadmouse...right?

his name is deadmaufive. get it right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zooky

I'm more offended about the fluro headband comment yo, that shits not cool, i have taste, and an impecable dress sense

trenthalliday +

s'up?

trenthalliday's Avatar
Joined
Jan '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
9,054

Quote:

Originally Posted by toilet trained

who gives a toss about spelling now with the new horizons of netspeak?

youv got to be able to see the advantages of teh over the and deadmau5 over deadmouse...right?

yer, of course you do, so it just so happens UR is the new you're and its is now spelt 1tz

p.s vinyl junkies are pretenders...true story

That looks like chinese to me.....

teh?? yer?? UR?? 1tz??
What is this crazy speak?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott

i love people who call themself persian.
its like theyre ashamed to say theyre from iraq

minhbo +

Registered User

Joined
Jan '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Posts
329
Not crazy speak... l33t speak.

If you are not l33t enough to l33t speak, then you can download a program to convert/bastardise normal English into l33t speak. Observe: http://ryanross.net/leet/
trenthalliday +

s'up?

trenthalliday's Avatar
Joined
Jan '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
9,054
^ my brain just imploded from excess stupid

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott

i love people who call themself persian.
its like theyre ashamed to say theyre from iraq

beakers +

Registered User

beakers's Avatar
Joined
Jul '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
1,027
yeah I'm having seizures reading this
quantum8 +

\0/

quantum8's Avatar
Joined
Sep '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 306
Thanked 1,291 Times in 598 Posts
Posts
5,875

Quote:

Originally Posted by minhbo

Not crazy speak... l33t speak.

If you are not l33t enough to l33t speak, then you can download a program to convert/bastardise normal English into l33t speak. Observe: http://ryanross.net/leet/

133t speak reminds me of this website, who knows...it may improve the spelling for some of you people
Funky Resonations - 8pm (GMT+10) Every 2nd Tuesday on www.boost.fm

Quote:

Originally Posted by liberabit View Post

yep, I've had a few people do me from behind while I've only done one

Dirty Kant +

Registered User

Dirty Kant's Avatar
Joined
Jan '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
96
Learn to make some tunes before you start to think about mixing them you twats....

Then let's talk about the price of pressing vs. the price of burning cd's from your computer.

Most dj's who don't play at least 50% of their own tunage are not only pirates but fucking vampires as far as I am concerned.

I meet very few of the rare breed of real dj who isn't playing their own tunes, who are 100% dedicated to sharing their passion for great tunes and paying homage to the music they play.

Many claim to be but few translate this selling point into actions.

Start walking the walk. Make some music and get over yourselves.

There are people in this thread who this post is "not" directed towards.

If you find yourself getting offended, then you are not one of them!!!!!
richcur +

Peanuts

richcur's Avatar
Joined
May '05
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 2
Thanked 155 Times in 117 Posts
Posts
6,127

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirty Kant

Most dj's who don't play at least 50% of their own tunage are not only pirates but fucking vampires as far as I am concerned.

Name one DJ from DJMag's top 10 from last year who "plays at least 50% of their own tuneage" and is therefore not a "fucking vampire" by your (ridiculous) standard
Rich Curtis' website & Facebook

Latitude End EP (incl Andre Sobota, Noraj Cue & Verve Rmxs) - Mar 24
Golden Wings Music "Unique" EP (incl Flipped) - May 2

Playing prog/tech LIVE on Proton Radio, 1st Tues of Month @10pm US EST
ethanzzz +

Registered User

ethanzzz's Avatar
Joined
Dec '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
9
I'm curious as to the legality of freely available tracks on the Internet.

For example, Tittsworth has several mp3's for free download on his website tittsworth.com (and they're 320kbps to boot!). Is it legal for a DJ to download these and play them in a set ? I've heard Tittsworth's thunderstruck dropped numerous times by reputable world renowned DJ's so I'd assume so. What makes Tittsworth's remixes legal? Has ACDC given him permission to create the remix? How would one go about finding things like this out?

If you weren't already confused enough then consider many of the music blogs that seem to have sprung up over the past few years. Palmsoutsounds posts remixes regularly on Sundays. Most (if not all) of these tracks cannot be found on beatport/itunes/juno etc. Are they unliscenced bootlegs? Would it be legal for a DJ to play these tracks? Certainly the person who produced the bootleg is at fault, not the DJ.

Whether it's a bootleg mp3 or vinyl is moot. Sure it's easier to brush off the MIPI Investigators if you can wave pressed-wax under their noses, but ethically you probably shouldn't be playing it.

MIPI doesn't seem to be too clear on these points. To be safe I guess you could just stick with the philosophy that you shouldn't play a song unless you paid for it - but I'm curious to know how the law works in these grey-areas.
Dirty Kant +

Registered User

Dirty Kant's Avatar
Joined
Jan '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
96

Quote:

Originally Posted by richcur

Name one DJ from DJMag's top 10 from last year who "plays at least 50% of their own tuneage" and is therefore not a "fucking vampire" by your (ridiculous) standard

As i said most.

And as i said I meet very few. I haven't bothered to find out how many from the top 100 I have met, but I am sure it is nil to few.

As I said if you are getting offended then you are probably guilty of djing for glory and not for love.

Think first then talk Mr Ridiculous.
beakers +

Registered User

beakers's Avatar
Joined
Jul '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
1,027
that's the biggest load of shite I ever heard.. You have a serious problem with showing any kind of respect for anyone or their opinions on this forum.. You come on in all high and mighty presenting an argument (which IS ridiculous) and take the piss out of everyone in one post.. Most of them who clearly deserve a lot more respect than you do..

What you are saying is up and comers who only have a few playable tunes should just stop playing out till they have made enough tracks to do the same boring stale 50% of a set every week for most of the year?

That the big names who run labels shouldn't push their sound including their other artists they've signed when they play?

People who don't want to write tunes should give up their appriceation for music and passion for what they do for what you think? even if they are great entertainers and have more of a following than most through years of hard work?

People who do have enough tunes to do even a 100% of their own in a set can't play whatever the fuck they want? even if it moves the crowd, sounds good and goes with what they are playing?

Fuckin hell mate wake up to yourself. Mr Ridiculous?.... fuck me that name sounds even more ridiculous than your origional posts..

You still haven't even given one example of one of your top 100 vampires yet..

To boot this isint the first time in a long shot you've come up with an insulting and just plain wrong post stating what you think you know and that anyone who doesn't agree is an idiot..

Yes I do write my own tunes and yes I also fall into the category of playing less than 50% of my own tunes in a set..

Where's all your mad beats at eh? how about a myspace link or somethin?

Grow up and learn some fuckin respect..
DJ_Ange +

The Pleasure Is All Mine

Joined
Sep '05
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Posts
2,872
Definitely ridiculous to say you should write before you play. It is of course a matter of opinion .....

I've got friends who are producers but not DJs and they always ask me about song structure, etc that works well for DJs as ultimately the producers are led by the DJs if they ever want their sound heard beyond the digital world as it's their choice on what is played.

Here's a few reasons why it's better to DJ first before producing:
- The amount of tracks I've (and I'm sure many others) have come across where the producer hasn't even remotely considered how the intro/outro will work when a DJ is trying to mix. Fair enough a lot of people write tracks as perfect 'set starters' but there are heaps of tracks ridiculously hard to mix in. If a track is too difficult to mix in or kicks off too early or whatever a DJ is less likely to include it in his/her set unless it's an absolutely phenomenal track. (I'm not saying DJs won't use it but if you want your sound heard by the masses it's better to consider the DJ. THe best way to do that is to actually be one rather than rely on someone else to advise

- Tracks with an excessively long breakdown/climax which in the end just gets annoying (while the rest of the track is amazing) most likely will not get played. If you don't have a proper understanding of how a crowd reacts to stuff like this then how can you write a winning track?

- If a track kicks in too early or takes too long to kick in it's less likely to be played out. Clubbers have a ridiculously short attention span (for the most part) so if you have 1 - 2 too many phrases of the same thing then it's less likely to be played.

Sure I've just given some hints to help a producer write a better track but you can't possibly know this sort of stuff until you are a DJ yourself or you are lucky enough to be able to pick a DJ friend's brain.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you. If you want your tunes heard its smarter to be nice to the DJs not put shit on them.

I have an enormous amount of respect for people producing though regardless of whether you are a producer or a DJ first. I've recently started getting into it and well the technical knowledge alone is unbelievable and that's before you add in music theory knowledge and the rest.

The best producers in the electronic scene for the most part are classically or professionally trained in music/musical instrument. That's the bit I'd recommend (and wished I hadn't quit piano when I was young)
http://www.facebook.com/DJ.Ange.Australia
http://www.facebook.com/Trance.Progressive.Sydney
http://www.twitter.com/dj_ange
Page 3 of 4
Reply

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Posting Rules

+
    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts