Brisbane and Gold Coast

DJ Angus R.I.P.

Tools
jobes +

Times thanked
< 0
History is really important
This is a really great idea. The thoughts and memories in this thread are a start - keep writing Fib! I have experience in this world and am happy to help. I have had thoughts about a museum exhibitin as well. Interviews, photographs, artwork... keep it coming.
AliaK +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 0
fwiw I started a site a few years back to try collect some memories from back in the day. there's not a lot there yet as I update it sporadically, but I was hoping to work on it more when I get back to aus - maybe some i/v with others too, before I forget more of it. anyone's welcome to contribute if they want.
http://brisbanedancepartiesarchive.com is the url (it needs an upgrade and to look a bit prettier. the books section has some info now)
Chach +

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Times thanked
< 165
We booked him to play this warm up for Digweed in Perth, top top guy, he had the place going so mental, diggers was jokingly asking around for 2000 valiums to calm the place down abit.

RIP
Cosmo Cater +

Brave New World

Times thanked
< 48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chach

We booked him to play this warm up for Digweed in Perth, top top guy, he had the place going so mental, diggers was jokingly asking around for 2000 valiums to calm the place down abit.

RIP

Blast from the past! I remember Angus talking in glowing terms about that gig, especially the fact he got to hang out and see Digweed play. Then he gave me the tape of Digweed's set that night.
Dec 29 - Subtrakt feat. H.O.S.H @ Bar Soma
Jan 26 - Claude Von Stroke @ Skyroom
Feb - Soul Clap, Huxley and...

soundcloud
twitter
facebook
Chach +

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Times thanked
< 165

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmo Cater

Blast from the past! I remember Angus talking in glowing terms about that gig, especially the fact he got to hang out and see Digweed play. Then he gave me the tape of Digweed's set that night.

What was the first track? just so I know your telling the truth
Cosmo Cater +

Brave New World

Times thanked
< 48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chach

What was the first track? just so I know your telling the truth

It's been about 5 years since I've listened to that tape, so amongst the tens of thousands of tunes I've listened to between then and now, I wouldn't have a clue. About halfway through the mix the Pharmacy Dub of K-Klass 'Let Me Show You' comes in, and from memory I think Marco 'Polo' Cicere's 'Prayer To The Music 'might have got a run too.
Dec 29 - Subtrakt feat. H.O.S.H @ Bar Soma
Jan 26 - Claude Von Stroke @ Skyroom
Feb - Soul Clap, Huxley and...

soundcloud
twitter
facebook
pandanusblue +

Times thanked
< 0
Is Paul Mason around? He had a copy of the single most important Angus mix tape in existence. It was a trance mix that Angus made specifically for Paul titled 'alright'. It featured Angus' trademark scratching as well as the finest trance that has ever been released. My copy went AWOL some years back...if anyone has a copy or knows where Paul is, let me know. Cheers

Last edited by pandanusblue: 22-May-10 at 12:52pm

Lady Lex +

true story

Times thanked
< 0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW9_oFQQft8

I believe this was @ Hot Gossip which eventually became Lexington on Queen

AH-MAZING!
"To be a musician is a curse. To not be one is even worse." Jack Daney
"Men of honour know the answer is not with violence"
evision +

Times thanked
< 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Lex

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW9_oFQQft8

I believe this was @ Hot Gossip which eventually became Lexington on Queen

AH-MAZING!

Quite amazing indeed.
I used to work upstairs from the Lexington Queen at Jo Jo's, and for a period of about three months, they used to play Madonna's Vogue every night around middnight. You could almost set your watch to it as you walked past the club.
Also used to catch up with Angus quite often after work at this club called Alarm in the city.
underground_radio +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by evision

Quite amazing indeed.
I used to work upstairs from the Lexington Queen at Jo Jo's, and for a period of about three months, they used to play Madonna's Vogue every night around middnight. You could almost set your watch to it as you walked past the club.
Also used to catch up with Angus quite often after work at this club called Alarm in the city.

yes
i just got some old mixer from angus as will as some from mark b who worked at the tunnel
who like me to put them on my radio show

WHO HERE REMBERS THE TUNNEL NIGHT CLUB DOWN THE COST
the underground is get ready to oz wide
send your tracks and mixers to underground@fuze.net.au
evision +

Times thanked
< 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by underground_radio

yes
i just got some old mixer from angus as will as some from mark b who worked at the tunnel
who like me to put them on my radio show

WHO HERE REMBERS THE TUNNEL NIGHT CLUB DOWN THE COST

I remember driving back to Brisbane one morning after a night out at The Tunnel, stuck in peak hour traffic, thinking a giant Jimmi Hendrix head was talking to me from the back of a truck

« Previous Thread Next Thread »