The DJ Booth

I have 25SP's, what am i missing out on?

Tools
Action Jackson +

Times thanked
<
I have 25SP's, what am i missing out on?
Hey all, i own a pair of SP's and regardless of what everyone else says, i love em. For some reason i don't seem to have a big prob with the cords winding together (although having one cord like the 25's would be WAY better)

My question is for people who have tried both, cause i've only ever very quickly used 25's before. Am i missing out on much? Is it worth me forking out for a pair of 25's? Cause i am seriously considering picking some up for $220AUD incl postage from the US. Aussie dollar FTW!

Also, what do SP's generally sell for in as new condition, if i do decide to ebay em off.

Thanks
DSILVR +

Times thanked
<
Dude, don't bother, i own a pari of SPs and there awesome

in my opinion i can trash them around more than the Pros, who cares there isnt really much of a diff, i think only a few dB louder.

www.chemicalrecords.co.uk

dont go ebay, i brought my SPs from my local DJ shop, which i shouldnt have lol, but i was noob.

Quote:

Originally Posted by weapon

These days, whenever I'm balls deep, I can't help thinking "I cant wait to tell my buddies on ITM"

Bracko +

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,799 Times in 1,577 Posts
they're different drivers, so yes there is a difference. if you're happy with your current headphones, there's no need to upgrade for the sake of it.
step on my cubes.
BBC +

livin' for the weekend

Times thanked
<
I owned the SP's then upgraded to the HD25's a few years ago. A huge difference!!! The SP's don't seem to sit on your head, it's the funny band and shit. The swivel around on the band and they don't have the same isolation because of the shit fit.

Putting on the HD25's was like going from wear a wet, soggy pair of board shorts to a crisp, fresh pair of jeans. You will be surprised at the difference.

BUT, like Brako said, no need to upgrade for the sake of it if your happy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Good Doctor

"No, I'm not letting you use my headphones, just cause you've got a USB stick full of MP3's in your pocket".

TurntableTech +

World Citizen

Times thanked
<
HD25P's are crap. Go try for yourself.
Phonatics +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBC

I owned the SP's then upgraded to the HD25's a few years ago. A huge difference!!! The SP's don't seem to sit on your head, it's the funny band and shit. The swivel around on the band and they don't have the same isolation because of the shit fit.

Putting on the HD25's was like going from wear a wet, soggy pair of board shorts to a crisp, fresh pair of jeans. You will be surprised at the difference.

BUT, like Brako said, no need to upgrade for the sake of it if your happy.

The isolation has ALOT to do with the earpads. The ear pads on your SPs would have been old.

TIP: Replace them every year regardless and don't buy those "heavy duty" ones. Isolation is terriable!
chico_brisbane +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<
I have SP's and have been really happy with them. Had one mix with the 25's, they are a quality headphone but at the moment there is other things more worthy of my money I'll definitely make the upgrade some time in the future but once you're used to a pair of cans then just go with them

Quote:

Originally Posted by plan-b

I thought the original mix was better but as chico put it... "This track's a bit batty"

Playing:

Transmission "The Magic City" @ The Arena - June 21st

MySpace
Inthemix Profile
BBC +

livin' for the weekend

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phonatics

The isolation has ALOT to do with the earpads. The ear pads on your SPs would have been old.

TIP: Replace them every year regardless and don't buy those "heavy duty" ones. Isolation is terriable!

I would say the tightness of the HD25's helps a lot with the isolation. The SP's are so floppy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Good Doctor

"No, I'm not letting you use my headphones, just cause you've got a USB stick full of MP3's in your pocket".

« Previous Thread Next Thread »