The DJ Booth

DJM 500 vs DJM 600 vs DJM 800

Reply
Page 1 of 2
  Tools
Ben Royal +

Registered User

Joined
Jan '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 36
Thanked 127 Times in 89 Posts
Posts
2,350
DJM 500 vs DJM 600 vs DJM 800
Apart from the fact that the 800 has more channels and more effects, are there any massive differences between the 3 apart from about $1000?

Im on a Numark DXM09 at the moment, but looking to slightly upgrade to one of the DJMs - the 500s seem very affordable vs the very expensive 800s.
rowdworx +

DJ IMPERIAL

rowdworx's Avatar
Joined
Aug '03
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
1,877
Just about everything on the 800 is better than the 600 - faders, eq's, levels, effects, sound etc. Really nice mixer. I wouldn't buy a 600. Never used a 500.
IMPERIAL
dthomas22 +

ohh its..

dthomas22's Avatar
Joined
Apr '06
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 5
Thanked 38 Times in 22 Posts
Posts
2,395
the quality of the efx unit sound wise on the 800 is a lot better then the 600, and the 800 has a few more different effects too.
truba +

Registered User

truba's Avatar
Joined
May '05
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 70
Thanked 112 Times in 88 Posts
Posts
3,248
500 is discontinued, the thing is over 10 years old, prolly worse than 600, i use to own one years ago, shitbox at its best, 600 same thing tho i never owned one, i guess 800 or 700 is the go, try checking out zero 4 or the new vestax pmc 580, both better than pioneer and they are in the same price range i believe
Ben Royal +

Registered User

Joined
Jan '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 36
Thanked 127 Times in 89 Posts
Posts
2,350
but worth $1000 more?
truba +

Registered User

truba's Avatar
Joined
May '05
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 70
Thanked 112 Times in 88 Posts
Posts
3,248
which one the vestax? i dont know here, but i am reading a htfr catalogue in front of me and the 580 is priced same as 800, 1090 pounds and fyi they are more expensive than a 92.
ferretrock +

speaker whore

ferretrock's Avatar
Joined
Mar '06
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 20
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Posts
9,613
currently on a DJM500 - while it shits all over the DXM09 (used one for 2 hours and that was long enough), it's not fantastic...
the pre's are OK, and the EQ is OK - nothing more or less.

out of the EFX, only the flange is great, the lack of a mix control means you can't use a reverb/delay and hold a tail after pulling down a track (which to me would be a great effect)

the pots on the EQs of mine are now doing some weird shit (the bass pot is unreliable)... that said this mixer is at least 10 years old.
You really can't compare a 500 to an 800 though... maybe to the technics equivalent (no FX, but i'm assuming better pres and EQ, and comes up on ebay for under $500)

There's also the new DJM-700 which has had great reviews... or you could look at the other obvious brands... ecler, numark, vestax etc

One thing's for sure, the faders all still work very well, and the total output and sound quality of the 500 is worlds beyond the DXM09 - the fx selection is less, but i don't use them much anyways

Last edited by ferretrock: 17-Mar-08 at 02:36pm

Gruso +

Gruso's Avatar
Joined
Aug '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 9,121
Thanked 20,931 Times in 6,226 Posts
Posts
37,567
I wouldn't go with a 500 or 600 these days. If I was getting a Pioneer it would only be the 800. The 800 has actually drawn compliments from many a 600 hater, which says a lot about how Pioneer have improved things. If it's looking too expensive, go for another brand rather than a lower range Pioneer. Your DXM probably sounds better than a 500/600.
Ben Royal +

Registered User

Joined
Jan '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 36
Thanked 127 Times in 89 Posts
Posts
2,350
^^^
thanks for your help - Im a big fan of the DXM09 - its such a great value little workhorse - had it six months using it almost everyday and never had the slightest problem, except for the very occasional slight 'flick' sound when you change the channel selector for the efx.

I guess I will rule out the DJM500 - price was the only selling point. I want a DJM because I want to start getting a feel for club equipment - so I guess Im choosing between a 600, 700 and 800. Obviously 800 is the way to go club-wise, but the 600 is a lot cheaper - has anyone used both?
ChAbIb +

Registered User

ChAbIb's Avatar
Joined
Nov '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
576
ive used both and the 600 is shit! i personally got a xone 92 and had a play with the 800 and i really like the feel and all the features it has.. imo it shits all over the 600
silvaside +

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

silvaside's Avatar
Joined
Jan '03
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 338
Thanked 1,840 Times in 877 Posts
Posts
17,686
600 sounds terrible and the eq's suck dogs balls.

if you want club feel without wankfest effects pick up a xone62 on the cheap.
Gruso +

Gruso's Avatar
Joined
Aug '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 9,121
Thanked 20,931 Times in 6,226 Posts
Posts
37,567
^ Agreed. Xone62.
Bracko +

Bracko's Avatar
Joined
Apr '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,532
Thanked 2,799 Times in 1,577 Posts
Posts
42,178

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferretrock

currently on a DJM500 - while it shits all over the DXM09 (used one for 2 hours and that was long enough), it's not fantastic...
the pre's are OK, and the EQ is OK - nothing more or less.


One thing's for sure, the faders all still work very well, and the total output and sound quality of the 500 is worlds beyond the DXM09 - the fx selection is less, but i don't use them much anyways

errr... no.

numark DXM 09 is a superiour mixer in terms of sound quality and effects quality, but a long way.

it's actually a lot better than the 600 as well. see phunkdusts comments RE: funkton 1 system and testing with DJM600 and DXM06.

FYI, alesis was bought by numark i believe.
step on my cubes.
hoppuspears +

Registered User

Joined
Mar '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
686

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Royal

Apart from the fact that the 800 has more channels and more effects, are there any massive differences between the 3 apart from about $1000?

Well see the 800 has more channels. and has more effects. They are massive difference's
Bracko +

Bracko's Avatar
Joined
Apr '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,532
Thanked 2,799 Times in 1,577 Posts
Posts
42,178

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Royal

has anyone used both?

yes.

the 500/600 is a piece of utter shit, if you search my posts regarding the mixer you'll see I'm pioneers no. 1 anti-fanboi with respect to the 600.

the 800 is by all means a mixer that i like and am more than happy to play on. they've addressed a lot of the issues that really did make the 600 a shit mixer.

as others have said, the Xone 62 is a great mixer bang for buck. and you'll find the Xone 92 and 62 used in a varity of venues.
step on my cubes.

Last edited by Bracko: 17-Mar-08 at 06:01pm

littlebrains69 +

JimmyJams

littlebrains69's Avatar
Joined
Feb '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Posts
1,393

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Royal

Apart from the fact that the 800 has more channels and more effects, are there any massive differences between the 3 apart from about $1000?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoppuspears

Well see the 800 has more channels. and has more effects. They are massive difference's

What the fuck are you guys smoking? The DJM 500 / 600 / 700 / 800 are all 4 channel mixers..... where are you getting that 800's have more channels?


And the 800 is in a completely different category to the 600. Faders, Pots, basically everything on the mixer feels different. The faders seem more stiff/resisted than the 600 which I like. The colour effects + on board efx open a whole page on effects while mixing - past the traditional flange 100% wet + backspin which is popular among 600 owners.
Master Mischief +

Registered User

Master Mischief's Avatar
Joined
Jan '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
330

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlebrains69

What the fuck are you guys smoking? The DJM 500 / 600 / 700 / 800 are all 4 channel mixers..... where are you getting that 800's have more channels?


And the 800 is in a completely different category to the 600. Faders, Pots, basically everything on the mixer feels different. The faders seem more stiff/resisted than the 600 which I like. The colour effects + on board efx open a whole page on effects while mixing - past the traditional flange 100% wet + backspin which is popular among 600 owners.

Four channel splits...and they all have them...maybe he's confused them with a 400 or something...??

IMO...and I've alway's stuck with Pioneer. (I currently own an 800)...the 500s are great for the bedroom and is basicly a 600 minus a few effects and the rotarys are somewhat placed differently because of it's shape. The 600 is a solid little unit and always will be IMO. but the 800 is the where the money is for me...I love love it, it does everything I want it to do and more through the use of an EFX1000....I've used the DJM1000 also, but actually prefer an 800 over it....


Allen and heath make some damn fine equipment...which I did consider purchasing before I brought my 800...
http://m.soundcloud.com/dave-allen-brisbane-qld/
frankxinyu +

Registered User

frankxinyu's Avatar
Joined
Jul '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 30
Thanked 55 Times in 50 Posts
Posts
1,213
dont like the 600 at all...the up faders and eqs feel completely different to the 800..no colour effects ( which means no filter, fuck no!)

i would go for a X-one 92 though, the sound quality on those is fucken amasing...add a efx1000 in the future if funds allowed.
slipperyjim +

Registered User

Joined
Aug '03
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
428
djm-909 for the win.
Pimpin records daily. Check it....http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/sho...d.php?t=214804
macc4 +

i don't have cat, it died

macc4's Avatar
Joined
Jan '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 401
Thanked 1,209 Times in 550 Posts
Posts
12,412

Quote:

Originally Posted by slipperyjim

djm-909 for the win.


i agree slipperyjim.
dizzydick +

Registered User

Joined
Oct '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Posts
375
u can't compare the 500 and 600 to the 800,

the 800 is the newest. 600 is what, 7-yrs old?, and the 500 is 10yrs old

ofcaz u can't whing how bad the 600 fader , effect, filter effect etc... are

thats why pioneer keeps on inventing new product. if the 500 got everything features that the 800 got, then pioneer wouldn't be releasing the 600 and 800!

but if u compare back 10 yrs ago (say 199, i rkn djm500 would prob be 1 of the best in the market!

its like u can't compare a Merc SL500 year 98, and SL55 AMG.. but back then SL500 year 98 would be a fkn sex on wheels!

i rkn pioneer built their mixer like a tank! i used to own a 2nd djm500 till last year b4 i upgraded to the 800. it still works fine. i never serviced it too! nothing wrong with it

yes the xone 62 / 92 are great! i love them too

however if u have the world's best mixer, but u can't mix for shit,, then whats the point of findin the best mixer? its like u got a ferrari but still on your L.
King of clubs, 100% hard trance. Melbourne's latest, hottest, hardest, nastiest, and 100% hard trance night.
CloudTwo +

Registered User

CloudTwo's Avatar
Joined
Jul '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 10
Thanked 55 Times in 46 Posts
Posts
645
Hey guys, sorry if this is a slight hijack, i figured i'd pose the question here rather than start a new thread. Anyway i recently bought two cdj800s after messing around with Virtual DJ for a long time, but i held off from buying a crappy $100 mixer with them because i'd rather save a bit longer and get a decent one.

So i don't really have much knowledge on mixers but my aim of saving about $800 is almost reached and even though i wont get anything amazing for that price im at a loss on how to figure out what is the best bang for my buck. It's mostly for mixing prog, minimal etc. probably no scratching.
Anyone got any advice on which mixers to take a look at?
smidgin +

No, Homer. Very few cartoons are broadcast live. Its a terrible strain on the animators' wrists.

smidgin's Avatar
Joined
Oct '06
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 97
Thanked 30 Times in 27 Posts
Posts
1,175

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzydick


however if u have the world's best mixer, but u can't mix for shit,, then whats the point of findin the best mixer? its like u got a ferrari but still on your L.

i don't see why this is an issue if you've got the dough and your motivated, you'll grow into it soon enough. if you understand that fx is for later rather then sooner and stay away til your ready... why not

however, i would laugh at that if i saw it.
ferretrock +

speaker whore

ferretrock's Avatar
Joined
Mar '06
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 20
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Posts
9,613

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bracko

errr... no.

numark DXM 09 is a superiour mixer in terms of sound quality and effects quality, but a long way.

it's actually a lot better than the 600 as well. see phunkdusts comments RE: funkton 1 system and testing with DJM600 and DXM06.

FYI, alesis was bought by numark i believe.

you are fucking joking right?

This thing had some of the worst sound quality of any mixer i'd ever played on, and the total output volume was insultingly low. Dare i also mention the shoddy metering (only three small bars before you hit 0dBFS and are therefore digitally clipping...)?

Only advantages are a mix control on EFX, tap feature and filters... and all of them sound cheap. The feel of the numark is ALOT cheaper than my 500
hoppuspears +

Registered User

Joined
Mar '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
686

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloudTwo

Hey guys, sorry if this is a slight hijack, i figured i'd pose the question here rather than start a new thread. Anyway i recently bought two cdj800s after messing around with Virtual DJ for a long time, but i held off from buying a crappy $100 mixer with them because i'd rather save a bit longer and get a decent one.

So i don't really have much knowledge on mixers but my aim of saving about $800 is almost reached and even though i wont get anything amazing for that price im at a loss on how to figure out what is the best bang for my buck. It's mostly for mixing prog, minimal etc. probably no scratching.
Anyone got any advice on which mixers to take a look at?

acutally you can get somthing amazing for 800... People said those xone's when for 800
Bracko +

Bracko's Avatar
Joined
Apr '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,532
Thanked 2,799 Times in 1,577 Posts
Posts
42,178

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferretrock

you are fucking joking right?

This thing had some of the worst sound quality of any mixer i'd ever played on, and the total output volume was insultingly low. Dare i also mention the shoddy metering (only three small bars before you hit 0dBFS and are therefore digitally clipping...)?

Only advantages are a mix control on EFX, tap feature and filters... and all of them sound cheap. The feel of the numark is ALOT cheaper than my 500

i never mentioned build quality, volume out (which is affected by both upstream and downstream equipment) or how the effects are setup and used.

the sound out of the numark is superiour to a DJM500/600, no questions. I've A/B'd it and those vastly more experienced have done the same. similar conclusions had by all.

but if you like your DJM 500, then you like it i guess.
step on my cubes.
rowdworx +

DJ IMPERIAL

rowdworx's Avatar
Joined
Aug '03
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
1,877
Buy an Ecler.
IMPERIAL
ferretrock +

speaker whore

ferretrock's Avatar
Joined
Mar '06
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 20
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Posts
9,613
i never said that i liked it, but when ABd with the DXM09 i had in the room next to me, it performed better. The DXM sounds digital - and if that's what you like, then go for it
Vocalz +

Registered User

Vocalz's Avatar
Joined
Sep '06
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
55
Thanks for all the reviews, this thread has helped me make a decision on mixers!
CloudTwo +

Registered User

CloudTwo's Avatar
Joined
Jul '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 10
Thanked 55 Times in 46 Posts
Posts
645

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoppuspears

acutally you can get somthing amazing for 800... People said those xone's when for 800

Oh yeah i suppose i was talking about new gear prices. Just checked out Ebay and it looks like Xones could fall in that price range but that raises a few more questions. For example i geuss you'd have to get an adaptor/power converter if you bought a mixer from overseas. How wise is it to buy gear like that from overseas that you can't physically have a look at first?
djmanlie +

Registered User

Joined
Mar '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
16
what is zero 4 sound quality like ? is it better than DJM-800?
littlebrains69 +

JimmyJams

littlebrains69's Avatar
Joined
Feb '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Posts
1,393
^^ very very similar
Bracko +

Bracko's Avatar
Joined
Apr '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,532
Thanked 2,799 Times in 1,577 Posts
Posts
42,178
I'll put $50 on you not actually having clue which mixer is better sounding and why.
step on my cubes.
SubbyBoy +

Registered User

SubbyBoy's Avatar
Joined
May '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 10
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Posts
766
well i have seen all of them...

but in terms of sound quality, the ecler and the allen and heaths are a lot better than pioneers ..in my opinion... the only reason why pioneer does well in australia is because of the huge amount of money that they spend on marketing.. in ibiza, greece most of the clubs use the allen and heaths...
Sebastien +

Registered User

Sebastien's Avatar
Joined
Apr '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
646

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bracko

I'll put $50 on you not actually having clue which mixer is better sounding and why.

You can take my $50 I have no clue. Would anybody mind explaining which certain mixers have better sound quality and why?
Garthyboy +

Registered User

Joined
Sep '05
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Posts
1,949
Cheaper components can induce noise or colour the sound.
Generally unless its a hiss, its not overly noticable.....unless you are anal like me.....then it will dive you crazy.

A&H as everyone knows make sone of the best mixers going around
my mate has an 800 and i can't fault it at the moment....although i'd probably go an A&H given the choice.

Zero4 is also a pretty good option - solid mixer from what i have seen with a bog load of features
truba +

Registered User

truba's Avatar
Joined
May '05
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 70
Thanked 112 Times in 88 Posts
Posts
3,248

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzydick

u can't compare the 500 and 600 to the 800,

the 800 is the newest. 600 is what, 7-yrs old?, and the 500 is 10yrs old

ofcaz u can't whing how bad the 600 fader , effect, filter effect etc... are

thats why pioneer keeps on inventing new product. if the 500 got everything features that the 800 got, then pioneer wouldn't be releasing the 600 and 800!

but if u compare back 10 yrs ago (say 199, i rkn djm500 would prob be 1 of the best in the market!

man i started in 98 and bought the 500 cause i thought efx were the bees knees back then, after a few months i sold it cause i needed cash, a few months later in the same year i bought my vestax pmc 46, that thing shat on the 500 in every single aspect, sorry no efx, and you said the best around at that time. lets see, back then you had; pmc 55,pmc 400, pmc 46 mk2, rane mp 44, 2016,roland thingy, shitload of other ranes,vestaxes etc so no it was the same pioneer is today CRAP. man i'm still using my pmc 46, true its leaking on a few channels and i use ones that are not leaking but ffs the thing is 10 years old and it was a demo model for 2 years before i bought it so thats like 12 years old, you find the pioneer thats dat old and still works. and i can also say that my 46 sounds better than the 800, and once i give it a thorough clean it'll be as good as new, hell it sounds better than the 92
SubbyBoy +

Registered User

SubbyBoy's Avatar
Joined
May '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 10
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Posts
766

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garthyboy

Cheaper components can induce noise or colour the sound.
Generally unless its a hiss, its not overly noticable.....unless you are anal like me.....then it will dive you crazy.


I totally agree on this point.. do u really know what i think would be the holy grail of djing??

Mixers and decks that use valves..hehe... would be bloody expensive but the sound will be soo worth it.... i have actually picked up a turntable that has valves on it and wow..my vinyl sound sooo much better!!! pure analog is soo much better...!! in my opinion that is..
SubbyBoy +

Registered User

SubbyBoy's Avatar
Joined
May '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 10
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Posts
766

Quote:

Originally Posted by djmanlie

what is zero 4 sound quality like ? is it better than DJM-800?


they sound very similar but the 800 sounds a little better.... don't test it out with cd's..test it out with vinyl..if ur in sydney, go over to dj warehouse and they would be glad to let u have a listen ..they are good in that way.. and no! i don't work for them!
truba +

Registered User

truba's Avatar
Joined
May '05
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 70
Thanked 112 Times in 88 Posts
Posts
3,248

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubbyBoy

i have actually picked up a turntable that has valves on it and wow..my vinyl sound sooo much better!!! pure analog is soo much better...!! in my opinion that is..

with pitch on it as well. v6 has valves, but apparently its not all that its hyped up to be. i read somwhere that no product made in the past 20 years that contain valves in it sounds good. shit that was made in 60 and 70's is the best, but who's really gonna buy that stuff it has no warranty and where would you fix it.
SubbyBoy +

Registered User

SubbyBoy's Avatar
Joined
May '04
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 10
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Posts
766
I am sorry but i don't know of the V6 that you talk abt... but there are actually heaps of specialist audio shops that deal with turntables (mind you, not dj... so no pitch..these are pro audio for the home market) that have valves on them ...

i actually have the valve turntable and a valve amp as well...along with a surprisingly good valve cd player... and trust me the combo is way better than my rega or my techincs running with the same amp or my other amps....true that they are freaking heavy and expensive but when it comes to sound, i think its completely worth it...

Can you please give me a link to the v6 (the one with the pitch) that u talk abt? thanks
pete_mac +

scratchin' like a cat

pete_mac's Avatar
Joined
May '03
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
188

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubbyBoy

I am sorry but i don't know of the V6 that you talk abt... but there are actually heaps of specialist audio shops that deal with turntables (mind you, not dj... so no pitch..these are pro audio for the home market) that have valves on them ...

i actually have the valve turntable and a valve amp as well...along with a surprisingly good valve cd player... and trust me the combo is way better than my rega or my techincs running with the same amp or my other amps....true that they are freaking heavy and expensive but when it comes to sound, i think its completely worth it...

Can you please give me a link to the v6 (the one with the pitch) that u talk abt? thanks

I think the 'with pitch on it as well' bit was supposed to be a question rather than a statement. There's no DJ-style decks with valve components on the market.

The Allen & Heath V6 is a mixer:

http://www.allen-heath.com/ru/xonev6.asp
truba +

Registered User

truba's Avatar
Joined
May '05
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 70
Thanked 112 Times in 88 Posts
Posts
3,248

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubbyBoy

I am sorry but i don't know of the V6 that you talk abt... but there are actually heaps of specialist audio shops that deal with turntables (mind you, not dj... so no pitch..these are pro audio for the home market) that have valves on them ...

i actually have the valve turntable and a valve amp as well...along with a surprisingly good valve cd player... and trust me the combo is way better than my rega or my techincs running with the same amp or my other amps....true that they are freaking heavy and expensive but when it comes to sound, i think its completely worth it...

Can you please give me a link to the v6 (the one with the pitch) that u talk abt? thanks

i was just asking a question not making a statement, and yeah v6 is the A&H mixer with valves, i was also reading somwhere that you could mix with valve pre amps but that would be way too expensive.
Bracko +

Bracko's Avatar
Joined
Apr '02
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1,532
Thanked 2,799 Times in 1,577 Posts
Posts
42,178

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubbyBoy

they sound very similar but the 800 sounds a little better.... don't test it out with cd's..test it out with vinyl..if ur in sydney, go over to dj warehouse and they would be glad to let u have a listen ..they are good in that way.. and no! i don't work for them!



fuck me.... guys, if you don't know what you're on about, please don't post.
step on my cubes.
BBC +

livin' for the weekend

BBC's Avatar
Joined
Jan '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
1,709

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubbyBoy

I totally agree on this point.. do u really know what i think would be the holy grail of djing??

Mixers and decks that use valves..hehe... would be bloody expensive but the sound will be soo worth it.... i have actually picked up a turntable that has valves on it and wow..my vinyl sound sooo much better!!! pure analog is soo much better...!! in my opinion that is..

I agree with Truba. There are also isolators that have valves in them. You can also get fully analog mixers as well, made the old school way to really give it that warmth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Good Doctor

"No, I'm not letting you use my headphones, just cause you've got a USB stick full of MP3's in your pocket".

Matty_neal +

Hamburger Phone User

Matty_neal's Avatar
Joined
Feb '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1
Thanked 44 Times in 29 Posts
Posts
1,895
sorry to back track on the subject but I'm one who's totally against the DJM600's. I'm yet to use an 800 in a club, but who ever reckons the dxm09 is better in almost every aspect, I will agree 100%. Why? I own a dxm09, and I use a djm600 on the weekends and I love my dxm09 so much. The djm600 sounds like absolute trash. I'll grab a new track, play around with it at home then mix it out on the 600 and it sounds completely different. Not to mention getting the levels on the damn thing is like a retarded kid trying to eat cake with his ass. the dxm09 is clear, never crackles, NEVER hear clicks when changing effects like someone else mentioned (you must have got a slightly faulty one) and its the beez kneez of cheap mixers. Under a grand, its definitely up there.

Not to mention the djm600's stupid stupid volume slider. f that in the a.
BBC +

livin' for the weekend

BBC's Avatar
Joined
Jan '08
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
1,709

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matty_neal

sorry to back track on the subject but I'm one who's totally against the DJM600's. I'm yet to use an 800 in a club, but who ever reckons the dxm09 is better in almost every aspect, I will agree 100%. Why? I own a dxm09, and I use a djm600 on the weekends and I love my dxm09 so much. The djm600 sounds like absolute trash. I'll grab a new track, play around with it at home then mix it out on the 600 and it sounds completely different. Not to mention getting the levels on the damn thing is like a retarded kid trying to eat cake with his ass. the dxm09 is clear, never crackles, NEVER hear clicks when changing effects like someone else mentioned (you must have got a slightly faulty one) and its the beez kneez of cheap mixers. Under a grand, its definitely up there.

Not to mention the djm600's stupid stupid volume slider. f that in the a.

I'd argue that the levels on the 600 are much better. I think ferretrock mentioned how little room you have with the meters on the Numark.

If your playing a 600 and it crackles then the faders need replacing or cleaning. If your have a $1000 budget you could a hell of a lot better than a Numark.

As for the sound being completely different, that could be due to so many other factors as well, not just the mixer.

I'm in no way recommending the 600, but I wouldn't go down the Numark track either myself. I would go 2nd hand and get something really nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Good Doctor

"No, I'm not letting you use my headphones, just cause you've got a USB stick full of MP3's in your pocket".

frankxinyu +

Registered User

frankxinyu's Avatar
Joined
Jul '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 30
Thanked 55 Times in 50 Posts
Posts
1,213
allen n heath mixers shit all over pioneers

period
Matty_neal +

Hamburger Phone User

Matty_neal's Avatar
Joined
Feb '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 1
Thanked 44 Times in 29 Posts
Posts
1,895

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBC

I'd argue that the levels on the 600 are much better. I think ferretrock mentioned how little room you have with the meters on the Numark.

If your playing a 600 and it crackles then the faders need replacing or cleaning. If your have a $1000 budget you could a hell of a lot better than a Numark.

As for the sound being completely different, that could be due to so many other factors as well, not just the mixer.

I'm in no way recommending the 600, but I wouldn't go down the Numark track either myself. I would go 2nd hand and get something really nice.

you make a good point. I should have mentioned the DXM09's are easy to come across under $500. under $1000, no way. The numark works for me. The little room you have on it is pretty much only in your head because it only has half the led's of the pioneer. Well I think it is anyway. Could be totally off.
James Corbett +

Registered User

James Corbett's Avatar
Joined
Oct '07
Times thanked
<
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Posts
1,346
i am a proud owner of a djm800... sound quality is pristine and controls are all very well designed with the user in mind.. I also like allen & heath mixers.. xone92, 62 etc... but i prefer the 800 to be honest...

Everything just works... simple as that, there's nothing that frustrates me about it.. The xone92 can feel a bit fragile (well the one i use at my resident club does) and is designed totally different to the pioneers all together - not a bad thing unless you use pioneers a lot, and even then it's just a matter of remembering..

All in all though, if you're after a pioneer, the 800 is well worth the money
http://www.jamescorbett.podomatic.com
http://www.facebook.com/djjamescorbett

INDULGE - EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT @ BARCUBA - Tech, Deep House, Bar Grooves. Pure Indulgence.

INNERBEING - Tech/Prog/Trance DIRTY N TUFF - Breaks/Dubstep
Page 1 of 2
Reply

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Posting Rules

+
    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts