ldhnaram +

Times thanked
<
buy an 800, you'll love it
fishaa +

Times thanked
<
DJM 400 Anyone?
Ok, so does anyone have any coments about the DJM400 vs the 600 700 or 800?

Mostly the 600 as I cant really afford the others!
pomrocks +

Does it Deep

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,013 Times in 670 Posts
Sound quality on the DJm600 is horrid

Terrible pots for the eq's, and im not a great fan of the cueing (always find have to crank the headphone volume way up.

There's a few better mixers to look at.

Elcer Nuo 4 / Xone 42 / Urei 1603 / Vextax PMC280 to name a few
Playing at;

Gigs & stuff - Dave Stuart - DJ Page

SHRUG
snadge +

combo of snatch n vag

Times thanked
<
yeah i got a 600.
not the best, but does the trick for home use. really wish i had a few extra hundred $ and got the 800 insted at the time though
NewjackThe2nd +

can't wait to finish the new ecdm-digital.net site :)

Times thanked
<
i sold my 600 about 3 days ago. i got $600 for it.. i guess its a good home us product. to learn on. they are still a very solid unit. Now iam wondering what mixer to get now
.. iam really thinking about a DJM400 instead of a more expensive 1. get anther mk3 also
http://commercialclubking.blogspot.com 850,000 Views 202 Countries Visit Daily 360,000 Unique Visitors. 3615 views in 24hrs Record
http://twitter.com/#!/ecdm_digital
kloseline +

Times thanked
<
are there any serious differences between the djm 700 and the 800 beside of midi and digital ins and outs ?

KLOSELINE - BMidget Mix.mp3 BMore and Fidget 60 min mix
Bracko +

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,799 Times in 1,577 Posts
colour effects? and the sound is supposed to be "modelled" off the 800 isn't it??? ie not the same A/D D/A convertors?
step on my cubes.
kellsey +

Times thanked
<
this is very true

Quote:

Originally Posted by pomrocks

Sound quality on the DJm600 is horrid

Terrible pots for the eq's, and im not a great fan of the cueing (always find have to crank the headphone volume way up.

There's a few better mixers to look at.

Elcer Nuo 4 / Xone 42 / Urei 1603 / Vextax PMC280 to name a few

Hands up this post is very very true! I use the urei 1603 for home/club use, the soundcraft absolutely kicks the crap of pioneer in all sound/engineering terms, as does all the xone series.

all pioneer mixers sound/behave terribly... their channels clip way to early, so does their master... we've all seen people running the djm mixer all red on input and master channels.

pioneer's build quality is far far inferior to the vast majority of of mixers that you may splash out on... i.e. pots, up faders, xfaders(thoses are serious junk!!), not to mention all djm's terrible signal to noise ratio.
But (and this is a serious but) the djm series mixer has become the club workhorse mixer- the industry standard, they all behave (albeit imperfectly) the same, if you know one djm, you know them all. I have worked in clubs in ireland, the UK, and ibiza, and on three occasions seen a 70k funktion one rig being drivin by a djm 700, with the funktion one mixer on a stool.

I would never choose pioneer as my home sound, but turning up at a club not being familiar with one would be a lot worse.....

choose wisely
nittyc +

Times thanked
<
I've owned a 500, 600 and 800 and I have to say, the 800 is a big step up from the 600. First of all, its fully digital- zero hiss or crackle and gives you an extremely tight sound. I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but this is a pretty big deal. If your producing as well, you hook up your computer digitally and pull 24 bit, your tracks will sound completely different.

I used to use a pair of infinity bookshelf speakers to monitor, but I upgraded to a pair of dynaudio BM 15. I couldn't really tell the difference on the infinitys as they were hifi speakers, on the dynaudio where there is an almost flat curve down to 30hz, the difference is a revelation.

To be honest, I actually prefered the djm 500 over the 600 for sound quality- much easier to get your levels right as each EQ pot had a lower max gain (helps heaps if you've been drinking). The channel faders were also heavier, giving you again, more control. I found the djm 600 muddy, I was constantly pushing low and high to drive impact into the mixes.

The implementation of the sampler on the djm 600 is fairly rubbish anyway, I don't know why you'd want it.
slackas +

Music on my mind...

Times thanked
<
^nice bump.... NOT
Tech-One
MrRx4 +

Times thanked
<
Go a DJM700, the newest model out of the Pioneer mixers, can do just about everything a DJM800 can do plus you get the roll up and roll down effects..as long as you don't need digital inputs it is the way to go both price wise and quality/functions wise.
Lloyd C +

Times thanked
<
whens the djm2000 going to be released?
pomrocks +

Does it Deep

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,013 Times in 670 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrRx4

Go a DJM700, the newest model out of the Pioneer mixers, can do just about everything a DJM800 can do plus you get the roll up and roll down effects..as long as you don't need digital inputs it is the way to go both price wise and quality/functions wise.

Playing at;

Gigs & stuff - Dave Stuart - DJ Page

SHRUG
cleatustout +

Times thanked
<
How does the 400 stand up against all these?
P_A_Sime +

I'd have a crack :)

Times thanked
<
I own 2 800's, 1 Rane Empath, a TTM-56 and a TTM-57.

The order of sound quality for these mixers for me is:

Empath

The Empath is silky smooth and the 57 is bollocks.
Page 2 of 2

« Previous Thread Next Thread »