The DJ Booth

Things you should never say to a DJ...

Tools
TheReturn +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratticus

I was playing a house party for a friends girlfriend, and this random loose dude came up and started talking to me. He was all "Oh yeah, I DJ" and I'm all "Oh cool man" and go to cue up a track. He's still standing there when I'm about to drop it, and then says "You should let me play for a bit".

I'd brought my setup, turntables & Serato, and didn't want some loose guy I've never seen fucking with my shit, so I said "Well, I've been asked to play by the host, so if you can find them and talk to them, and they say yes, you can get your stuff I suppose. Do you have records, cos I only use turntables?"

He replied with "Oh, I use my computer as well, but it's at home, so I'll just use yours. Can you show me the person who's party it is?"

GET. THE. FUCK. OUT.

10 minutes later, same shit. Guy just couldn't understand why I didn't want him using my shit.

This reminds me of something that happened to me at a 21st in my early days of DJing. Except I knew the dude from school, so I had to cut him some slack.

He used CDJs that he had just bought a month ago and I was using turntables. So let him try and mix a record but he had no idea how. He then asked me if I could mix it in and let him wear the headphones afterwards.

I didn’t quite understand what he meant, but I let him do it. So I mix the record, hand him the headphones – he puts them around his neck, raises his hands in the head and high-fives all his mates like he did the mix!!!

Haha what an idiot

As far as I know he has since sold his CDJs and given up djing
http://soundcloud.com/thereturn
http://woo-ha.com/
Jink121 +

Times thanked
<
Trashed chick comes up to me at a party, and almost knocks one of my CDJ's off the table

"Play Barbie Girl!"

Really? Do you really want that song at 11 30, in the middle of a trance set?

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,165 Times in 1,295 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReturn View Post

This reminds me of something that happened to me at a 21st in my early days of DJing. Except I knew the dude from school, so I had to cut him some slack.

He used CDJs that he had just bought a month ago and I was using turntables. So let him try and mix a record but he had no idea how. He then asked me if I could mix it in and let him wear the headphones afterwards.

I didn’t quite understand what he meant, but I let him do it. So I mix the record, hand him the headphones – he puts them around his neck, raises his hands in the head and high-fives all his mates like he did the mix!!!

Haha what an idiot

As far as I know he has since sold his CDJs and given up djing

Oh man, I would of died laughing if I saw someone do that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheelWinston View Post

Enlightened, morally strong sports fans follow the NRL.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »